Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Everything is grand but the de left are responsible for why things are so bad with welfare spongers and the housing crises which only exists because people pretend and the homeless which is a thing but only because people pretend and the media can't be believed...Is this the Trump thread?
    When Leo tells us maria was completely exonerated and then takes her off the party ticket, were do we go from there?
    1984:
    “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,754 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The mods edited my response but I outlined all of the great things that FG have done for this country in the past 2.5 years.

You are now threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

The mods edited my response but I outlined all of the great things that FG have done for this country in the past 2.5 years. Anyway - the jist is they've done plenty and only the wilfully ignorant would say that this country is a 'kip'.

I've no doubt you won't be voting FG but I don't think you ever did in the past so it won't be missed I suspect.

Margins are quite tight at the moment but I reckon FG will clinch the top spot again. Bit of support from greens, independents and labour and we should be home and dry. The whole sorry saga is unlikely to feature heavily in the election in spring. She's been dealt with and the case is closed.

Oh and just to put the record straight Pat: I have NEVER voted FG, nor will I ever. I was a Labour supporter all my life, but after the way they turned after jumping into bed with your bunch, I will never vote for them again. Also, ( and this is a word of caution to your bunch Pat), You mention the greens? lol, last time they jumped into bed, was with FF. and look how they turned out ( making statements like getting lower car tax if buying a diesel car).

I fear ( hopefully) that you may have problems getting anyone ( bar mick martin's bunch) to jump into bed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

pablo128 wrote: »
    Is it an exaggeration I was waiting 3 and a half years for a 45 minute operation?

Is it an exaggeration my insurance has gone up every year for the last 5 years even though I'm driving the same car with 18 years continuous no claims?

Nope, but those are first world problems, not the problems of a kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Oliver Callan had a pop at her today:D

At about 0:20:30

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/11136375

LOL, brilliant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

We are badly served by what is presented to us as a choice to vote. The subject of this thread was involved in compo claiming, one of the reasons businesses are closing. Yet if her behaviour didn't cause a backlash for her party, she'd be on the ticket for the next GE.

But Fine Gael leaderahip still maintain it was a bona fides insurance claim right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Daddy was around to elevate her in cute hoorism and obnoxishness. He's gone now and the gob****e who is normally reared by cute hoors has been founnd out and theres no going back. Herself and Josepha can reminiss over cocktails about what could have been. Poor owl divils. Sincere as aprostitutes kiss the 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

blanch152 wrote: »

Is it the same first world problems that has good businesses closing because of insurance scams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

blanch152 wrote: »

Public health services are a bit of a kip, and it wouldn't been have a matter for bould Maria to worry about, only for the peasants who have to use it, and find private health insurance hard to afford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But Fine Gael leaderahip still maintain it was a bona fides insurance claim right?

Yes and no. Conflicting messages from the FG fold.
    She did nothing wrong by going for the claim. But she retracted the claim so no harm done, which suggests putting it in was wrong.
    Then she was completely exonerated but taken off the ticket.
    So yes/no, depending ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

She did nothing wrong by going for the claim. But she retracted the claim so no harm done, which suggests putting it in was wrong.
    So yes/no, depending ;)
    She didn't break her ass, legs, arms, require stitches or actually physically damage herself in any way whatsoever.
    That should be enough to prove she did everything wrong by going for the claim regardless of what FG says.
    Up to that point, the worst that actually happened to her was that she slightly embarrassed herself. By making the claim and being backed by FG (which I believe was their official stance at the time), she did a lot more damage and got everything she deserved.
    A person should not be allowed to get tipsy/drunk (or even sober) and mis-sit on a seat (stool, swing or otherwise) and their first instinct be to make a claim.
    Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting that Leo stood by that bullsh*t while telling the rest of the country that FG will clamp down on Insurance Fraud.

Even as recently as 3-4 weeks ago telling us that the 'cure for whiplash is a compensation payment'. - Yes, we know - We have been watching your party.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Absolutely ridiculous and disgusting that Leo stood by that bullsh*t while telling the rest of the country that FG will clamp down on Insurance Fraud.

This sentence sums the whole sorry episode up suckit, leo didn't give a fcuk about her claim. Once her and Mother Madigan were "exonerated' by a report no one was allowed to see that's all the window dressing he needed.

Leo didn't remove Maria from the ticket, it was local member's of the DLR FG branch who Ultimately removed her.

Leo shouldn't be allowed to escape this in the election campaign, and hopefully he'll be reminded by it at every opportunity.

So yes/no, depending ;)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/bailey-did-not-make-fraudulent-claim-against-hotel-taoiseach-says-1.3965325

I wonder does Leo want to reword this...
    “The accident happened and the injuries were real and were confirmed by medical reports,” a statement from the Taoiseach said. “The inquiry states that it was not a fraudulent claim.”
    “She was advised that she had a ‘statable’ case. However, there were concerns that a finding of contributory negligence against her was likely and this was communicated to her on several occasions.”

Such waffle. Leo gave her a slap on the wrist. The rest of FG thought differently...except Coveney who also made a strong case for her.
    Essentially the leadership of FG were willing to condone a fraudulent claim and lies.

Coveney said,...
    He said the controversy has taken an extraordinary toll on her and her family. He said that she will continue to represent Fine Gael and, ultimately, the electorate will have its say.

New politics is worse than the old politics...sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Bailey got a reference in one of the Dublin pantos this evening. There was a big cheer and a smattering of applause about the place when it was mentioned. This will continue to hurt FG I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Pedro K wrote: »
    Bailey got a reference in one of the Dublin pantos this evening. There was a big cheer and a smattering of applause about the place when it was mentioned. This will continue to hurt FG I think.

Possibily so but hurting FG (or indeed FF or anyone) is less the point for me. This should be used as a means to teach our politicians that is kind of thing is no longer acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Nothing to see here ...they said

It'll blow over ....they said.

FG has nothing to worry about..they said.

Load of bollix ...I say

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Nothing to see here ...they said

It'll blow over ....they said.

FG has nothing to worry about..they said.

Load of bollix ...I say

The problem here is that FFG will replace like with like. So whoever takes her place, the status quo will continue.
    Since Leo or any head of the two major parties for that matter, wlll not make proper amendments relating to how politicians should act or on the allowances that they can claim (etc etc) so nothing much will change. Just some teetering around the edges to improve the 'optics'.

Things will only change and improve if we can change the parish pump. The job would be like raising the titanic and the trough gorgers know this very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I hope certain TDs and ministers from within the law and order party have been reading this article today and cringing.

At last, legal insurance changes will see people accept responsibility for their actions

Crippling insurance costs and the lack of cover for many clubs are damaging sport beyond repair in this country. The very survival of many clubs is now at issue.

Take the 140-year-old Athy Rugby Club, whose future was put into serious doubt last month due to the club's difficulty in securing public liability insurance because of a number claims. It eventually got cover from Aviva Insurance, but it was a close run thing.

Other clubs are finding it nearly impossible to get cover, due to the exit of a number of British insurers. They are taking flight due to our compensation culture.

Payouts are a multiple of those in the likes of England and Wales, and are particularly high when children are involved.

Facilitated by a legal profession where some members seem to lack any sense of the greater common good, many claims are spurious - but still get through a system that seems to be excessively sympathetic to claimants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say the number of claims that GAA and rugby clubs get is frightening. We now know that the Healy Rae family sued their local GAA club and got awarded 15k when their son Jackie Healy Rae had a clash of heads on a hurling pitch. Those sorts of incidents would happen in their dozens up and down the country every weekend.

I know Bailey is off the ticket but I am fascinated to see how Farrell and Madigan get on in GE20. It will show how angry the electorate is and also how blindingly loyal the Fine Gael diehards are. I mean, Farrells bona fides insurance claim and dubious win was worse than Bailey's in many ways. He told blatant lies and got away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say the number of claims that GAA and rugby clubs get is frightening. We now know that the Healy Rae family sued their local GAA club and got awarded 15k when their son Jackie Healy Rae had a clash of heads on a hurling pitch. Those sorts of incidents would happen in their dozens up and down the country every weekend.

Well not for much longer it seem's. The way thing's are going insurance wise,clubs and lot's of other activities are due for closure this year, with insurers pulling out of the "Market".
    But on the positive side, it might, just might make people think twice about making a claim, and being the cause of a club closing. I sure as hell would not like to be cause of a club closing...and having to live in the same locality afterward's. Maybe this is what we need though? A bit of ostracism would not go astray, instead of the "Shure, it's only insurance money anyway and they have lots of it" , which seem's to be the prevailing attitude of people who do not see the link between unsustainable premiums and payout's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Maria Bailey is an unbelievable milf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Well, she's definitely unbelievable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jmreire wrote: »
    Well not for much longer it seem's. The way thing's are going insurance wise,clubs and lot's of other activities are due for closure this year, with insurers pulling out of the "Market".
    But on the positive side, it might, just might make people think twice about making a claim, and being the cause of a club closing. I sure as hell would not like to be cause of a club closing...and having to live in the same locality afterward's. Maybe this is what we need though? A bit of ostracism would not go astray, instead of the "Shure, it's only insurance money anyway and they have lots of it" , which seem's to be the prevailing attitude of people who do not see the link between unsustainable premiums and payout's

Well something has got to change and fast. Was reading yesterday that Athy Rugby Club, having been in existance for 134 years, came within days of having to shut down completely as they scrambled to get insurance after a UK insurer left the market. Club chairman said it was a close run thing.

Regards people claiming against clubs half the problem is most of the time they can do it in secret, the club cannot broadcast that X person is suing us. A club will pay out 15k or 20k in private because they cannot afford to fight it in court and risk it costing 40k or 50k. Its only when businesses or clubs take it to court that the public actually get to find out. It was the same with Maria Bailey, ultimately she was hoping to shake down the Dean Hotel in private and no-one would have been any the wiser and the media wouldnt report on it even if they knew about it. She would have got away with it too only for Paddy McKillen & co do not suffer fools lightly and have deep pockets to fight these kind of frivolous cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭jmreire

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well something has got to change and fast. Was reading yesterday that Athy Rugby Club, having been in existance for 134 years, came within days of having to shut down completely as they scrambled to get insurance after a UK insurer left the market. Club chairman said it was a close run thing.

Regards people claiming against clubs half the problem is most of the time they can do it in secret, the club cannot broadcast that X person is suing us. A club will pay out 15k or 20k in private because they cannot afford to fight it in court and risk it costing 40k or 50k. Its only when businesses or clubs take it to court that the public actually get to find out. It was the same with Maria Bailey, ultimately she was hoping to shake down the Dean Hotel in private and no-one would have been any the wiser and the media wouldnt report on it even if they knew about it. She would have got away with it too only for Paddy McKillen & co do not suffer fools lightly and have deep pockets to fight these kind of frivolous cases.

So they have managed to survive another year...but many won't , and even if they do, no guarantees for next year. I'm pretty sure that even if Clubs etc. do not broadcast who is claiming for what...people talk, and when the next premium arrives, 2 + 2 can and will be added together and the sum of 22 will be arrived at. It has to come to the point that there will have to be a price to be paid for frivolous / fraudulent claims...and that price is to be ostracised. I know people who are not welcome anywhere because they have a history of claiming. For sure, if it was raining cat's and dog's and I met one of them on the road, even with kids, I'd drive by, and this is not my form.Pretty sure that I'm not the only one doing this nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Andrew00 wrote: »

Definitely high maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Definitely high maintenance.

And she has a poor grip with her wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Tzardine wrote: »
    And she has a poor grip with her wrist.

Doesn’t take much for her back to hit the ground with legs in the air either.

Advertisement