Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tmabr wrote: »
    So is she running in this election? Any posters up?

Don't mention the running, that's what got her into the mess to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Every time this thread updates I half expect to read the cctv or report has been leaked. :p

Tis the season now after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Every time this thread updates I half expect to read the cctv or report has been leaked. :p

Tis the season now after all.

I reckon 2 or 3 days before the election would give maximum damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If she runs. They may hold on to it if she doesn't, but gets a nice high payer with FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Suckit wrote: »
    If she runs. They may hold on to it if she doesn't, but gets a nice high payer with FG.

I'll eat my hat if she gets to be a senator

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat if she gets to be a senator

Brave man. I'd say it's a very likely scenario. Maybe not for a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If she runs and gets elected as an independent she could be a right big pain in the arse to FG that they would be better off begging her to come back into the party

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If she runs and gets elected as an independent she could be a right big pain in the arse to FG that they would be better off begging her to come back into the party
    If she runs she won't get elected as it's a very competitive constituency. It was a FG vote that brought her in and it would sink her. Last day for nominations is Wednesday next.

It'll be the usual, FG in every way bar name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

She’s toxic now, she won’t get a Senator job - maybe co council - if they bought her back I wouldn’t vote fig again - we have To rule out chancers/thieves/gurriers and tax dodgers from being able to take positions of high office in government. We should hold our TDS to a higher standard, whatever party or independent.

• Advertisement

She’s toxic now, she won’t get a Senator job - maybe co council - if they bought her back I wouldn’t vote fig again - we have To rule out chancers/thieves/gurriers and tax dodgers from being able to take positions of high office in government. We should hold our TDS to a higher standard, whatever party or independent.

One word.

Lowery.

I forgot about him - there is so many shifty characters as TDS or MEPs its hard to keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

One word.

Lowery.

Does she go to every funeral in her constituency like Lowery does?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,177 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brave man. I'd say it's a very likely scenario. Maybe not for a year or so.

I think it would have to be a very arrogant FG for that to happen. Peak arrogant - when they win a massive majority.

I think it would have to be a very arrogant FG for that to happen. Peak arrogant - when they win a massive majority.

If they get back in you'll see it in spades.
    I still think Leo will jack it all in and go back packing around Asia if he loses. He's threading water as is and opposition won't interest him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

If they get back in you'll see it in spades.
    I still think Leo will jack it all in and go back packing around Asia if he loses. He's threading water as is and opposition won't interest him.

I hope they lose just to get rid of him alone !

tuxy wrote: »

We don’t pay him the big bucks to shake hands with dead peoples relatives. It’s the 21st century, we need modern, honest and educated TDS / MEPs to represent us not the likes of Lowry and bailey and dara Murphy etc etc

We don’t pay him the big bucks to shake hands with dead peoples relatives. It’s the 21st century, we need modern, honest and educated TDS / MEPs to represent us not the likes of Lowry and bailey and dara Murphy etc etc

That's what the people who vote for him want though and most of them are tax payers.

Not a clue.
    But her father was able to dodge a lot of dirt and still operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭Augme

She has no chance running as an independent and once this election is over you won't hear from her again. There is no benefit for the party putting her in the senate. It will only backfire.

Councillor is her best bet but even that is unlikely. At least her dad was smart enough not to make national headlines out of being a scumbag.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    She has no chance running as an independent and once this election is over you won't hear from her again. There is no benefit for the party putting her in the senate. It will only backfire.

Councillor is her best bet but even that is unlikely. At least her dad was smart enough not to make national headlines out of being a scumbag.

Not at all, She has every chance of running as an independent, she may have little chance of election, but she has the ignorance, arrogance and self confidence to think she can get elected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

Not at all, She has every chance of running as an independent, she may have little chance of election, but she has the ignorance, arrogance and self confidence to think she can get elected.

It’s the ignorance of the people voting for her !
    They should think of all the businesses that have to close over there insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hopefully she knocked the drinking on the head.sounded totally tanked up on the SOR radio show.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,432 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Suckit wrote: »

I thought she couldn't run anymore tough because of her injuries from falling off the swing! Well that was part of her claim anyway.

I thought she couldn't run anymore tough because of her injuries from falling off the swing! Well that was part of her claim anyway.

No, she can run the 10k just fine but it now takes her 53 mins when it used to take her 52 mins. Not acceptable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

No, she can run the 10k just fine but it now takes her 53 mins when it used to take her 52 mins. Not acceptable!

Its worse than that...she was 5 minutes faster running the 10k after her 'injury' than she was 3 years before that. That swing fall has in fact dramatically improved her athleticism. She should actually be paying the Dean for this treatment.
    In truth however, a time of 53:56 (gross result) was no small feat, given she was racing just three weeks after sustaining a fall from a swing in a Dublin hotel and undergoing "intensive physio" in the build-up. Not only that but when we consider her time in previous years, her 2015 performance was quite impressive. The result was only 44 seconds slower than her time of 53:12 (gross result) in 2014 and far above her 2012 performance, when she ran a time of 58 minutes and 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Not entirely MB connected but I watched The Week in Politics today. Have to say Charlie Flanagan hasn’t a clue.

Certainly did the fg cause no favours.............Good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Am I right in saying that Maria Bailey will not be running in GE20? The deadline has passed right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Am I right in saying that Maria Bailey will not be running in GE20? The deadline has passed right?
    I think tomorrow is the deadline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,177 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Advertisement