Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No comic sans? The comic sans was a bold move and I dislike that she has backed down from that stance.

I do fully support the large bold "ENDS"
    And hopefully this will be the end and the last we hear from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Replies are quite funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

tuxy wrote: »
    No comic sans? The comic sans was a bold move and I dislike that she has backed down from that stance.

Yeah what is the "ENDS" thing all about? i dont remember that being used anywhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yeah what is the "ENDS" thing all about? i dont remember that being used anywhere else.

Yes same here, I don't think it's a thing anyone else does.
    I find it so jarring to read that at the end of a statement that is pretending to be sincere.

I think she somehow believes it adds weight to her statement and makes it look more formal, which is completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,178 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I have seen press releases use it. It's as annoying as 'please revert'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yes same here, I don't think it's a thing anyone else does.
    I find it so jarring to read that at the end of a statement that is pretending to be sincere.

I think she somehow believes it adds weight to her statement and makes it look more formal, which is completely ridiculous.

It's very odd, I've never actually seen it in all my working life. A simple "Regards" or "Yours Sincerely" would suffice. "Ends" just seems cold to me and obviously opens up more ridicule.

Anyway, glad she has finally made a sensible decision on this charade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You ghouls will have to find another woman in the public eye to harass now. Any candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,646 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

At least now the, mouth breathing, misogynists on here will have one less woman in the “public eye” to hector and insult.

Wonder who they’ll be blaming for the rise in their annual car insurance renewal cost? Certainly not the insurance provider, that’s for sure.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

She is on every news channel in the middle of an election campaign in which FG are already struggling.

You ghouls will have to find another woman in the public eye to harass now. Any candidates?

Yep, plenty, I'd start with that totally inept, complete and utter embarrassment super junior Mary Mitchell O'Connor.

• Advertisement

At least now the, mouth breathing, misogynists on here will have one less woman in the “public eye” to hector and insult.

Wonder who they’ll be blaming for the rise in their annual car insurance renewal cost? Certainly not the insurance provider, that’s for sure.

Yeah misogyny. That's why people wanted her out. Not the multiple political car crashes that proved her incapable of representing the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If fraudulent or exaggerated claims weren't made, and especially by public figures like Alan Farrell or Maria Bailey, then maybe the the insurance companies would have no excuses.
    But as it stands, the bottom feeders/scam artists/scroungers are out to make a quick buck and preventing that from happening.
    I'm not entirely sure what you expect to gain by trying to flip the blame on the public for her actions.
    People are mostly aware who is to blame for rising prices, and with the attention she brought upon herself and the scam/false claims industry in the past months, hopefully now the industry will be looked at properly as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Suckit wrote: »
    If fraudulent or exaggerated claims weren't made, and especially by public figures like Alan Farrell or Maria Bailey, then maybe the the insurance companies would have no excuses.
    But as it stands, the bottom feeders/scam artists/scroungers are out to make a quick buck and preventing that from happening.
    I'm not entirely sure what you expect to gain by trying to flip the blame on the public for her actions.
    People are mostly aware who is to blame for rising prices, and with the attention she brought upon herself and the scam/false claims industry in the past months, hopefully now the industry will be looked at properly as a whole.

Literally just a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Well we’ll just have to see who tries to get something they didn’t deserve and then act like a victim when they get caught. Don’t worry though we won’t care what her political background is so long as they are contemptible human beings we’ll be happy to harass them.

salmocab wrote: »
    Well we’ll just have to see who tries to get something they didn’t deserve and then act like a victim when they get caught. Don’t worry though we won’t care what her political background is so long as they are contemptible human beings we’ll be happy to harass them.

I’m not talking about valid criticism or even ridicule. I’m talking about thousands of posts from about 6 or 7 obsessive posters that went on for ages. Men (always men) who would spend all day on this and the previous thread. Something not right there, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I’m not talking about valid criticism or even ridicule. I’m talking about thousands of posts from about 6 or 7 obsessive posters that went on for ages. Men (always men) who would spend all day on this and the previous thread. Something not right there, dude.

and you think all the posts are because she is a woman? nothing to do with the brass neck on her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

We all want Alan Farrell to lose his seat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A fraud is a fraud regardless of gender or political party

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It went on for this long because she and FG thought it would be forgotten. They thought people would move on and completely misjudged the public opinion on it and we even had FG supporters coming on regularly to tell us it was over. She brought all this on herself and has no one except herself to blame for anything that’s happened to her. Same with the FG party if there is still fallout on this it’s because their leader thought the people would forget and move on. He made things worse and it’s on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

No admittance in her letter of not running that she herself had mucked up in a serious and reprehensible way. Plus the fact she waited till now. She really hasn’t a clue.
    A state representative bringing a case like this makes a mockery of her constituents and the law and arguably her party.

This is not about her being a woman. It is all about her being a idiot and a snake of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Her partner in crime Mother Madigan. - though a set of testicles (or lack of in this case) matters not a shiny shlte to me, if you potray yourself as some kind of holier than thou individual, get caught pulling a fast one, then play the victim card, you should expect to fall, and fall hard.

How's your (numerous, and fairly cock sure) predictions about FG waltzing back into govt now?

Good money to be made in the bookies, few grand be no bother to a man of your means.

This from a poster with literally hundreds of posts about taking a dump.

Insurance cost/claims and government v taking a dump......

I know which posts would pass for "constructive" (had to get the inverted commas in there)

**Big wave to the other busted flushes**

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did she copy and paste it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Emmm....
    The main problem for Mary Lou is she has a voice like a fücking foghorn.
    ...That said, he’s better than Mary Lou. She has a voice like a fücking foghorn.
    Don’t think ‘disappearing’ Mary Lou is necessarily the answer either - even though her voice is extremely offputting to most people.
    Mary Lou’s message is failing to resonate with voters, mostly because she is such a difficult person to actually listen to.

"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip" Dude ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I wonder who's humanity we will cross next ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Now for Madigan & Farrell. Maybe also Frank O’Rourke from Nth. Kildare?

Screwing the system seems endemic once these ghouls get into Kildare Street.

I wonder who's humanity we will cross next ?

The woman did wrong and paid the price. There’s a small cohort of ghouls here though that could never let it go though. I genuinely don’t believe they’d have done the same to a man. A bunch of misogynistic losers. The sort who we’ll never do anything only crimp and moan on a dying message board.

The woman did wrong and paid the price. There’s a small cohort of ghouls here though that could never it go though. I genuinely don’t believe they’d have down the same to a man. A bunch of misogynistic losers. The sort who we’ll never do anything only crimp and moan on a dying message board.

The very reason why she only decided today that she would be pissing against the wind standing again is because the public has not let it go. Give up with the 'ghouls' on here sh*te. It's clearly quite a substantial portion of the electorate if you think 'her people' had not done some research into this, most likely at great expense, you are as thick as she is.

As for the bold text above, you are on this site non-stop talking absolute muck (with a small cohort of tossers with their tongue up your ring, emmetspice will be here shortly) and you call the rest losers and a dying message board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

The woman did wrong and paid the price. There’s a small cohort of ghouls here though that could never let it go though. I genuinely don’t believe they’d have done the same to a man. A bunch of misogynistic losers. The sort who we’ll never do anything only crimp and moan on a dying message board.

You've some boner for Mary Lou though, to be fair. Would you class yourself as a misogynistic loser too, or is that phrase reserved for other people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,178 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I would have said the 'ghouls' were those defending clear wrongdoing on a number of fronts and by a number of people and those in denial about what the final outcome was always going to be - the end of a political career.

Advertisement