Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Doesn’t take much for her back to hit the ground with legs in the air either.

One drink apparently !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Definitely high maintenance.

Without a doubt. You can smell the air of entitlement coming from her. I meet people like this every day. They value their whole life on status and money. Not the friends and relationships you make along the way.

The fact that the "plebs" have pulled her little scheme down is probably further enraging. How dare they.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭jmreire

One drink apparently !

Really? would have taken me at least 5 or 6......and possibly even more to achieve that level of instability...;);););)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I see Madigan, along with Flanagan, are in the mire tonight. Be interesting how far the fallout goes on this one.

Maybe she won’t be around come the next election- that the case 2 down:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,178 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Betcha Maria never thought the Black and Tans would rescue her from her black and blue escapade for a while. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Grueller

I see Madigan, along with Flanagan, are in the mire tonight. Be interesting how far the fallout goes on this one.

What happened tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I’m over Maria Bailey and her thieving ways - I’m more pissed off at Daragh Murphy - he’s a right feckin crook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Let's go for a Black and Tan Celebration Party so. What a f*ckin shambles of a government and their representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I think the party is absolutely fooked. Today we had Leo defending commemorating the Tans,school boy Simon saying that vastly overcrowded hospitals shouldn't be cancelling all surgeries and then Flanagan talking himself into a tizzy on the 6;1. They have truly imploded and Veruka is done with it. His body language says that he doesnt want to be there.

Whatever ppl were on the fence before this are most certainly off it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I’m over Maria Bailey and her thieving ways - I’m more pissed off at Daragh Murphy - he’s a right feckin crook

You wont hear much from Dara. FG knew Christmas would help bury the story. They wont say much now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Maria is a fine bird. Worth mentioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't say she does anything for me. She seems to have a longer face than the yolk that was on sex in the city that gets called horse all the time.

Or a bigger chin or face/masculine. Can't put my finger on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She's no Mary Harney.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,363 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She's no Mary Harney.

she is barely half a mary harney.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Michael Martin claims Leo told him that he wasn't assured he had Maria's support on the confidence motion being put down against Simon Harris.

If true, that's an indication of a very clear spat between the party and Maria.

This matter isn't over I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

McMurphy wrote: »
    Michael Martin claims Leo told him that he wasn't assured he had Maria's support on the confidence motion being put down against Simon Harris.

If true, that's an indication of a very clear spat between the party and Maria.

This matter isn't over I reckon.

Verona Murphy is running as an Independent too. I wonder will Maria throw her hat in the ring?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Verona Murphy is running as an Independent too. I wonder will Maria throw her hat in the ring?

How long before the election is the deadline for nominations?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭zell12

How long before the election is the deadline for nominations?
    You must submit your nomination paper to the returning officer for your constituency by 12 noon on the 7th day after the issue of the writ by the Dáil to the returning officer.
    Ergo, 21 January

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The problem like Maria is still very evident within FG apparently.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Fine Gael general election candidates have been asked to sign a party pledge confirming there is nothing in their “past life” they have not revealed which could bring the party into disrepute.

At a parliamentary party meeting last week, candidates signed an amended pledge confirming they had revealed any matter, including views they may have held, which could be a breach of Fine Gael’s ethos and principles.

It follows a number of controversies involving previous candidates, including Maria Bailey and Verona Murphy.

The candidates were asked to confirm they had no pending prosecutions or prior convictions other than minor road traffic offences which resulted in fines of less than €500.

They pledged they had revealed any Revenue Commissioner, Work Place Relations, Labour Court or Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement judgments made against them. Any civil litigation taken against them or their companies was also to be revealed to the party general secretary.

In the aftermath of the Maria Bailey controversy, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said he would be instructing all election candidates to reveal any involvement in legal proceedings.

He said he would also introduce a new party pledge which all candidates would be required to sign.

The pledge was updated this month and given to candidates last week when they met in Dublin to discuss the forthcoming general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What happens if they have a court case pending?
    Local candidate charged and in court for assault while drunk, case adjourned. Was in the local papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What happens if they have a court case pending?
    Local candidate charged and in court for assaulting a Garda while drunk, case adjourned. Was in the local papers.

I think the Healey Raes adopt them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Fine Gael general election candidates have been asked to sign a party pledge confirming there is nothing in their “past life” they have not revealed which could bring the party into disrepute.

At a parliamentary party meeting last week, candidates signed an amended pledge confirming they had revealed any matter, including views they may have held, which could be a breach of Fine Gael’s ethos and principles.

It follows a number of controversies involving previous candidates, including Maria Bailey and Verona Murphy.

The candidates were asked to confirm they had no pending prosecutions or prior convictions other than minor road traffic offences which resulted in fines of less than €500.
    Alan Farrell will be signing that?
    Now that I think about it, I am genuinely confused as to how any politician could sign that. I can't imagine it would change anything. Business as usual, deny, deny, lie and deny unless confronted with evidence. Then just hide.

But I have a feeling that there is still plenty about Farrell that will be unearthed. Can't see him getting in anyway. He can keep the €550 'roaming' expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

Suckit wrote: »

"Meanwhile, it has emerged that Fine Gael general election candidates have been asked to sign a party pledge confirming there is nothing in their “past life” they have not revealed which could bring the party into disrepute.

At a parliamentary party meeting last week, candidates signed an amended pledge confirming they had revealed any matter, including views they may have held, which could be a breach of Fine Gael’s ethos and principles."

Now that I think about it, I am genuinely confused as to how any politician could sign that. I can't imagine it would change anything. .

It's an interesting one. I wonder, for example, whether any FG candidate who holds (secretly or otherwise) pro-life views will now be considered guilty of thoughtcrime and deemed unfit to run for Leo's shiny new FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭tmabr

So is she running in this election? Any posters up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Yes, when is the declaration deadline for Maria?

I imagine she will sit this election out in the expectation that another one will come along soon.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yes, when is the declaration deadline for Maria?

I imagine she will sit this election out in the expectation that another one will come along soon.

Nominations for candidates in the general election close on Wednesday, January 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,178 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tmabr wrote: »
    So is she running in this election? Any posters up?

Not yet according to Adrian Kavanagh website.

WOuld take a brave backer to put money behind her IMO. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hope she'll have help putting up the posters.what with her extensive injuries im sure climbing ladders is ruled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

smurgen wrote: »
    Hope she'll have help putting up the posters.what with her extensive injuries im sure climbing ladders is ruled out.

Alan Farrell might help even with a whiplash injury climbing ladders was but a minor challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Alan Farrell might help even with a whiplash injury climbing ladders was but a minor challenge.

I'd say she couldn't afford his expenses at this stage.

Advertisement