Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Playing out...can you expand on that?

I just did. I’m wondering how people think a play like that looks to a wolf both in scenarios where Phil is a wolf and where Phil is a villager. Right now, if I’d a gun to my head I’d Lynch Eva then Phil if she flipped as a wolf: which is surprising me given it feels like I’m making a decent enough 180 on this but it’s where I’m at...

Gonna try to fit another iso in during the morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Brendan are you the SK?

No

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Conor and Brendans vote switching thing last night is a big sign post. I'll take a look into how it went down and interactions between them before I vote for either, but it's a wolfy look for both.

As I said new player and for me the best way to learn is to get to centre of action and since ye were all running around like headless chickens I threw in surprises comment to get me there. It worked I get to see how ye think in this game and tbh none of it seems logical.

Lots of theories floated about people who voted for me possibly been wolves none followed up. I have called Vernon as wolf since early on. he poo poohs my reasoning as nonsense and comments on my lack of appearance on the site I've been here during my breaks and most of yesterday after work finished. His own presence on site less then mine byut he is flying under radar good wolf you are So whether my reasons are ****e or not or naive or simplistic, Im still learning, Vernon is a wolf and is desperate to get rid of me the only person who has been calling him a wolf

I tried to keep a spreadsheet but brain doesnt work that way, christ its exhausting

1. Doris Tool, The Charlatan Vigilante
    2. Riona  Gunner Jensen, an Expendables member (NRV)
    3. Wendy WW was...General Garza, Expendables member (NRV)
    4. Steve WW was Yin Yang, an Expendable NRV.
    5. Isla WW was Max Drummer, The Executioner
    6. Holly WW Conrad Stonebanks, Expendables member (NRV)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Also, after what happened Wendy maybe only announcing your prize on thread after you've used it might be a good idea, we don't know what the hell hidden abilities the wolves have or who has been wired for C4. Open to discussion on this as there is pro's and con's to both. Where we particularly unlucky yesterday that Wendy had got the prize?

I think you are forgetting that the C4 is planted during the night phase and therefore it wasn't planted on Wendy because she won a prize, it was already on her when she won the prize.

In relation to people coming out with their prizes, that will be up to them. But you know how this games works - if someone hides a prize they are usually called a wolf! I know if I win today I will be announcing on thread.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    It worked I get to see how ye think in this game and tbh none of it seems logical.

Now you're getting it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Vernon WW has been eviscerated in a fiery explosion.

They were.....

Trench.png

Trench Mauser, Expendables member (NRV)

Unless someone wants to shed light on that, I'd assume that's the SK kill?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Conor and Brendans vote switching thing last night is a big sign post. I'll take a look into how it went down and interactions between them before I vote for either, but it's a wolfy look for both.

Liam, when did I vote switch last night, I said Orla from start to finish, accusation number 2 you've put my way which is false

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Looks it.

So, when would Vernon have gotten wired up?

(Also, Liam, any chance you've been "injured" like Isla said she was yesterday, as first person to post after an explosion?)

Flavour suggests so anyway

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Ok, going to do Katie now
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Will need to reread that OP but woohoo! I have seen movies one and two and they are indeed turn your brain off and shovel the popcorn movies. Depth, no...fun yes.
    Evening everyone. Just got subbed in. I’ve been watching along all day delighted to be participating now :)

Will have a quick reread now that I’m a part of the game and post back my thoughts. :)

So pre sub there’s nothing to work with, we’re dealing only with new Katie here
    Isla is a wolf :P

It’s my first game.

So they were the highlights of Day 1.

I thought Phil was a good choice for the lynch. His Doris is dodge to Doris is not a wolf all in the space of 5 posts was odd.

Isla is a wolf here- maybe they’re still reading though

Phil is tagged

Hey Isla. Don’t worry I don’t think you are a wolf. No idea what Doris was at.

Isla is not a wolf now
    Hi Phil. Any thoughts on why so many people voted for you? And why you shouldn’t be lynched tomorrow?

Phil is tagged
    Your read on Doris was up and down and dodgy and you didn’t contribute much else and when people started selecting you for lynch you were nowhere to be seen. Isla was brilliant defending herself all day you didn’t do much. That’s why I would have lynched you.

Fine

Yep good idea. Always a wolf or two laying low in the low counts.

Hate this low poster stuff but that just me
    RIP Riona, right time to look over her posts, she must have spooked a wolf or 2.

This is sooo helpful. Hey folks, let’s see who she spooked. That the only reason evvverrrr for a kill
    This seems significant. Riona came at Orla hard and was rightly trying to focus the village.

Look, helpfully I’ve found something
    Agreed, the vig made a mistake not taking Doris out early in the day, distractions are detrimental to the village, the wolves can sit back and lap it up while Orla and Doris get to play stroke their egos. :rolleyes:

Wait! Read that back! Vig made a mistake by not shooting an Nrv. Ummmm ok (wtf)

If not Steve then Orla, the SK.

Orla is the sk now, let’s remember that
    The SK finally struck, good job Orla you got your kill, the truth serum must have rattled Orla as a few people were wanting her picked.

Really believes it
    As I have to log off soon for a while I'm doing my FFA now.

#FFA2

1) Steve - Wasn't buying his comments earlier and his eager to volunteer himself to Wendy moments before she blew to pieces is dodgy.

2) Isla - The whole injured but not really thing isn't sitting well, it doesn't seem to match in with the Bomb disposal narrative, very suss.

3) Desmond - Pushing hard defending the Phil votes even though he lumped on Isla with not much reasoning makes him look uber-dodge.

So where the hell is orla?....not a wolf isla features though

Wasn’t expecting that. Fair play Steve you were villager and you were telling the truth. Flipped my vote from Steve (rip) to Isla.

Even voting for not a wolf isla
    Also if that’s the second SK kill that means Isla couldn’t have survived a fake bomb attack and she faked the whole story.

Isla is lying folks.

Going in hard on not a wolf isla. Sk orla has disappeared
    Not so sure, when Isla died last night then it puts the spotlight on Eva if he Brendan was a wolf, the counter wagon on Brendan on N1 would have been Isla going on FFAs so if Brendan flipped wolf id lean Eva wolf tbh. That said I still like Phil for wolf but I think only myself and Angus feel that way as it stands

This is really odd. It pushes Brendan and links him to Eva. That pair are never a team. Actually Eva has been pushing Brendan fairly solidly

Conclusion: pretty bad, inconsistent iso. It just doesn’t knit together and it doesn’t even try to explain how it jumps about.

My wolfies so; Eva, Katie, Phil in order of confidence

Conor WW wrote:
    Liam, when did I vote switch last night, I said Orla from start to finish, accusation number 2 you've put my way which is false

Who was on your ffa

(Also, Liam, any chance you've been "injured" like Isla said she was yesterday, as first person to post after an explosion?)

Nope

Desmond WW wrote:
    Conclusion: pretty bad, inconsistent iso. It just doesn’t knit together and it doesn’t even try to explain how it jumps about.

Good analysis dessie

Conor WW wrote:

Actually it was Eva who posited you voted to save Brendan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Bren what you have to say about Vernon now?

Bren what you have to say about Vernon now?

That i dont know my arse from my elbow, hence newbie

• Advertisement

Who was on your ffa
    FFA 2
    Orla - said he'd munch me
    Phil - detail further back
    Liam - I've explained the first two already today, Liam is also one Id say is coasting along tbh, shaded me a bit earlier which i think is because I mentioned him yesterday, he's yet to respond with the specific post so I'll wait.

Orla or Phil for the chop, still not sold on Derry either but rabbits and there holes

That was before you FFAd me btw

Actually it was Eva who posited you voted to save Brendan.

I voted to save Brendan? Can you explain cause I don't understand your post

Conor WW wrote:
    That was before you FFAd me btw

Ok Well then either my memory of earlier this morning has betrayed me or Eva is telling porkies

Ok Well then either my memory of earlier this morning has betrayed me or Eva is telling porkies

Can you point me in the right direction to the post your referencing

Eva WW wrote:
    Guys, some things to think of if you have some time, as I'll be indisposed and don't want these things forgotten in the madness Brendan's now survived two lynches as top prospect with both times coming from unexpected lynchees. His last minute vote on Isla following the madness of derry and katies was a hail mary for him. Apparently Conor was someone who had brendan on his d1 ffa but then switched last minute to an unknown potential lynchee in Phil, who was narrowly saved by Isla killing doris. Anyone jumping on the 'policy lynch' of orla without their own reasoning should be looked at. After reading over another bit, Vernon seems to be completely under the radar. I have absolutely zero read on him. Please check into him too. Low posters like Holly, Des, Winnie, Jake seem to be floating by without any scrutiny at all and that scares the sh!t out of me! Current Players Brendan WW 129 Orla WW 128 Derry WW 110 Conor WW 96 Gertrude WW 74 Eva WW 72 Angus WW 70 Clodagh WW 67 Barbara WW 64 Phil WW 61 Vernon WW 60 Katie WW 59 Liam WW 53 Winifred WW 41 Jake WW 37 Desmond WW 36 Holly WW 35

This is the stuff Conor. You sussed Brendan d1 but didnt stay on him.

I'll admit I mixed you up with Katie and derry above.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Guys, some things to think of if you have some time, as I'll be indisposed and don't want these things forgotten in the madness
    • Brendan's now survived two lynches as top prospect with both times coming from unexpected lynchees. His last minute vote on Isla following the madness of derry and katies was a hail mary for him.

• Apparently Conor was someone who had brendan on his d1 ffa but then switched last minute to an unknown potential lynchee in Phil, who was narrowly saved by Isla killing doris.
    • Anyone jumping on the 'policy lynch' of orla without their own reasoning should be looked at.
    • After reading over another bit, Vernon seems to be completely under the radar. I have absolutely zero read on him. Please check into him too.
    • Low posters like Holly, Des, Winnie, Jake seem to be floating by without any scrutiny at all and that scares the sh!t out of me!

Current Players
    Brendan WW 129
    Orla WW 128
    Derry WW 110
    Conor WW 96
    Gertrude WW 74
    Eva WW 72
    Angus WW 70
    Clodagh WW 67
    Barbara WW 64
    Phil WW 61
    Vernon WW 60
    Katie WW 59
    Liam WW 53
    Winifred WW 41
    Jake WW 37
    Desmond WW 36
    Holly WW 35

RIP
    Isla WW 169
    Wendy WW 36
    Steve WW 56
    Riona WW 59
    Doris WW 69

Found it, she's referencing night 1 not last night.

Eva there is no apparently, I FFAd both Phil and Brendan and decided to vote Phil, I telegraphed it pre the actual lynch, apparently isn't required! This is an on the record fact

This is the stuff Conor. You sussed Brendan d1 but didnt stay on him.

I'll admit I mixed you up with Katie and derry above.

It's an interesting post in itself though. I sussed Brendan? I thought he was suspicious and i thought Phil was dodgy too. Tbh a lynch of Phil or Brendan would settle a lot. It would give us loads of info too. Phil would get my vote at this point but both give us info. Hoping today is a good prize today for the village, a peek would be excellent

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Derry, if you have a theory that might be helpful to the village, would you not throw it out at 9.59?

Why on earth wait until the afternoon unless you know that you're safe...?

There are different ways of taunting or baiting wolves. Wolves took Holly’s bait but not mine, I’m as safe as houses now cause they don’t think I’m a RV or a threat, although between the wolves and the SK they seem to excel at hitting NRVs sk maybe I’m not so safe ! :pac:

I do have a theory/strategy we could consider but I can now gather more information today to see if it stacks up.

Also nobody has discussed it yet but it looks like today’s kill was the third SK Kill. I linked all the killing posts together last night and made this point. All three kills had explosive flavor. I’m still a bit perplexed about yesterday’s competition as I was sure there was more then one prize.

I’m at a business lunch again but will try and sneak out to enter. I managed to enter the comp yesterday so would be great if somebody posted the answer again clearly.

Right so apologies Conor. Not quite as suss as I mistakenly thought.

Katie though, is most definitely 100% suss. Inconsistent posting (thanks dessie) combined with vote switching to save her buddy.

Would a Katie lynch get us info too?

• Advertisement

Right so apologies Conor. Not quite as suss as I mistakenly thought.

Katie though, is most definitely 100% suss. Inconsistent posting (thanks dessie) combined with vote switching to save her buddy.

Would a Katie lynch get us info too?

Every lynch would give us information but I feel Brendan/Phil give the most, if anyone wants to chime in. The caveat to the above is I think Phil is a wolf so I'd be happy with that regardless

Advertisement