Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Need to have a flick at Hollys posts, that's not too bad, NRV gone but all the RVs bar the executioner still in play

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Any ideas why holly? I don’t remember anything sticking out with her

My main theory is from the below. I think she was hinting at having a role here.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Good morning all.

A very happy birthday to you Babs.

I’ve been a low poster because a) I’ve been very busy and b) I hate posting for the sake of posting.

I also usually find that whilst there is generally a wolf in the low posters there is also usually an RV amongst them too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Maybe that was the point?

Anyway, my current take as it stands is Brendo is our SK....

Holly baited them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

On readback holly actually has nothing- most of her stuff is just chatter. Only thing I can see is that it might implicate Brendan. Given my earlier iso I don’t think Brendan is a wolf, which if I’m right strengthens the case against Eva since she’s been angling for everyone to look at him

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Maybe that was the point?

Anyway, my current take as it stands is Brendo is our SK....

Why Brendo as SK?

He's had a good bit of movement off him on the last 2 lynches so I'd be leaning more wolf than SK. I need to have a look at him today. Wwill hopefully have some free time this afternoon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Can I get some thoughts on that ISO Des just did.

I did my own ISO on Des this morning and noted that he felt Wolfy to me. Eva has felt quite village to me. So this ISO is in complete contradiction of my thoughts. I'd like some village opinions on this.

My main theory is from the below. I think she was hinting at having a role here.

That might actually explain the wolf strategy alright. Let’s see what others make of the kill too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch form open and a reminder that there is a competition at 1pm

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Holly baited them

Completely agree. Well done Holly. Protecting the RVs need to be key now if we are to bag a wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I think it's more than likely Holly was killed for the post quoted above by Winnie. She made them think she was roled and it worked. Well played Holly, that's the job of a NRV.

Brendan are you the SK?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

I did my own ISO on Des this morning and noted that he felt Wolfy to me. Eva has felt quite village to me. So this ISO is in complete contradiction of my thoughts. I'd like some village opinions on this.

Doing ISO doesn’t make you villagery at all. Also remember there is a SK in play too. SK tend to piggy back with the village trying to pick off the wolves too.

Not so sure, when Isla died last night then it puts the spotlight on Eva if he Brendan was a wolf, the counter wagon on Brendan on N1 would have been Isla going on FFAs so if Brendan flipped wolf id lean Eva wolf tbh. That said I still like Phil for wolf but I think only myself and Angus feel that way as it stands

Right we have a few things in play here today,

Comp at 1

After competition i think we should have a discussion about the vig using a bullet and possibly FFA it or vote for it. I say after cause I'd hope we might get a peek or some such will be useful in assisting the vig. We really need some consensus today

Talk to me about Phil as a wolf in relation to the first lynch. Was that just fluke that he was nearly killed?

Also, after what happened Wendy maybe only announcing your prize on thread after you've used it might be a good idea, we don't know what the hell hidden abilities the wolves have or who has been wired for C4. Open to discussion on this as there is pro's and con's to both. Where we particularly unlucky yesterday that Wendy had got the prize?

Talk to me about Phil as a wolf in relation to the first lynch. Was that just fluke that he was nearly killed?

I think so, I mean, I said yesterday, I wouldn't discount a wolf on Phil even if he was a wolf himself, Brendan seemed a big wagon, Isla the counter so a wolf could have had a throwaway vote in there. I think it was fluke tbh but it rattled

I’m kind of in two minds on this. From my iso I’m kind of coming around to the Phil as a wolf scenario. At the same time the wagon doesn’t feel natural. Would wolves risk dropping votes on one of their own given how it was playing out?

I read through it and came out the end pretty neutral. It's just meh. I'm not as confident as Desmond.

I really want to look at Brendan today but i'll be strapped for time so if I do get a chance i'll aim to do eva or desmond too. Prob desmond as i had a brief look at eva d1.

If you have done an ISO, stick it up - more info helps the village!

• Advertisement

I’m kind of in two minds on this. From my iso I’m kind of coming around to the Phil as a wolf scenario. At the same time the wagon doesn’t feel natural. Would wolves risk dropping votes on one of their own given how it was playing out?

How was it playing out, Brendan seemed locked in with Isla as 2nd choice

Angus WW wrote: »

If you have done an ISO, stick it up - more info helps the village!

I was on a phone in bed reading through his posts trying to form an opinion. I gave my conclusion. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I was on a phone in bed reading through his posts trying to form an opinion. I gave my conclusion. :)

I love you Babs but that does not help me get a read on you, or see how you're thinking. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Why Brendo as SK?

He's had a good bit of movement off him on the last 2 lynches so I'd be leaning more wolf than SK. I need to have a look at him today. Wwill hopefully have some free time this afternoon.

My thoughts at the moment are that Steve voted for him Night 1, and that whoever wired up Steve did so sometime after that vote (I feel this needs to be stressed; its the more important data point than when it detonated, even if that's important too. The SK would have chosen his victim then and hoped he could detonate latter when it was harder to work out why he would have been strapped up). Then the bomb goes off when Brendan is up for the chop, coupled with an extremely late vote to take Isla out of the game. This coupled with the "I'm a new player who has played with wolves before" stuff from day one. Twice he's wiggled out of close votes, but last nights comes across as so bloody overtly suspicious to me, with how it all played out.

I'm also flagging this post shortly after the munch as one I really don't like....
    Wow, come back to a cluster**** of a thread and a result! Isla, ****ing Isla, it was entirely obvious she was the executioner, I mean the executioner picked Doris, who had been mauling Isla all day, too many "villagers" not paying attention

….mainly because I can't help but feel it comes across as a possibly wolfie "look at how upset I am about the village killing a villager teeheehee" post.

Isla being the executioner was not obvious to me at all. Had it been, or had she or anyone else vocalized that on thread, I wouldn't have been anywhere near her in the vote. It would have been a role claim that could be verified very quickly; either she was now an NRV with nothing to lose by coming out, or she'd have been countered by an NRV with nothing to lose anymore by coming out.

Putting aside that faux pas from Isla, this post reads like it's trying to capitalize a bit on the village killing Isla and the role reveal. I also think it's a common werewolf tactic to try and demotivate the village after a mislynch. Not enough on its own to make me put Conor above BrendoBoy right now, but a red flag to be noted for latter.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I love you Babs but that does not help me get a read on you, or see how you're thinking. :(

Crap. Sorry. Will M a mod now to get access revoked.

Playing out...can you expand on that?

How was it playing out, Brendan seemed locked in with Isla as 2nd choice

That’s what I mean. Would a wolf put a vote on one of their own in that scenario for future credibility. Phil has featured in 2 ffas but I would have guessed he was safe as houses if you’d asked me at the time. In that situation is a wolf dropping a vote on him a decent wolf play?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote:
    I love you Babs but that does not help me get a read on you, or see how you're thinking.

Choccy jesus your bits are showing :eek:

Choc Chip wrote: »

Ahh my eyes! Cover it for gods sake!

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Choccy jesus your bits are showing :eek:

I've already PM'd QB. I can't be trusted.

The worst thing is that I've 2 seperate browsers open for different accounts and I still f*cked it up. :o

Advertisement