Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tusk wrote:
    Rather than do that. How about we get a discussion thread going on it and people can read it and give their thoughts there

There's already a thread on it I think, Page 4 on the main Forum, Off Site/Mafia Games Discussion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necro wrote: »
    There's already a thread on it I think, Page 4 on the main Forum, Off Site/Mafia Games Discussion :)

its not about off site games, it a discussion on werewolf thoery and wolf hunting strategies and studies of phycology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

sKeith wrote: »
    if it feels forced, then your gut may be saying its fake.

just my opinions.

okay, I will take this on board

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    its not about off site games, it a discussion on werewolf thoery and wolf hunting strategies and studies of phycology.

Ah, wouldn't WW discussion cover that then? Not that I'm against new threads or anything

Ah, wouldn't WW discussion cover that then? Not that I'm against new threads or anything
    i'm sure it would, i was just saying i didnt think off site/mafia games discussion was the place for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Maybe it's specific enough outside general discussion to warrant a separate thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/forums/37-Mafia-University

That's the link Keith actually posted in the BR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Oh my god it’s like a WW manual, it’s all I’ve ever wanted and more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Great game dudes. Fair play. Clearly a huge amount of work went into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loved that game, it was nice to see flavour being brought back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Great game mods. Well done for all the hard work put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loving the positive feedback but gotta ask, if I was to ever run a game again, anything I should change / do differently?

btw finally finished the Game summary
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110809348&postcount=3482

Loving the positive feedback but gotta ask, if I was to ever run a game again, anything I should change / do differently?

btw finally finished the Game summary
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110809348&postcount=3482

NRV with back room did seem a bit odd when Orla was saying it. She had a role, a batman seeker role of some sort, maybe not use NRV for people who have backroom and jobs to do.

Just my opinion, was great well put togeter game and i really loved playing.

I havn't even finished the BRs.

Just you asked, and that was one that came to mind.

Oh I just posted feedback on the game thread that should have gone here I guess! :o

I disagree on the NRV BRs. I’d love it everyone you BRs, I loved writing my little monologues on mine before I was converted and I love reading people’s backs because you get to see their thought process throughout.

I get it would be too much everyone having one but definitely if NRVs have anything extra to do it’s nice to have :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

When I mod I don’t do flavour. I don’t have the imagination for it. I don’t really pay attention to flavour in games where they’re included. I go straight to the result.

I think if I got The Joker and had to write my own flavour I’d freak out a little. It would suit some people but not everyone.

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Oh I just posted feedback on the game thread that should have gone here I guess! :o

I disagree on the NRV BRs. I’d love it everyone you BRs, I loved writing my little monologues on mine before I was converted and I love reading people’s backs because you get to see their thought process throughout.

I get it would be too much everyone having one but definitely if NRVs have anything extra to do it’s nice to have :)

I've no problem giving back rooms to NRVs but what i was saying was that some roles, which had jobs to do, were called NRV in this game, even though they were not NRV.

You had the possible masons (room buddies) thomas and marta, not NRV.
    the batman seekers, not NRV.

hidden apprentices, fair enough, call them NRV until they realize their hidden powers, but no need to call the roomies and the seekers NRV. They had roles.
    but definitely if NRVs have anything extra to do it’s nice to have
    if NRVs have something to do, they are not NRV.
    Thats the point i was getting at.

Oh.. and if the role is something new, you can name it yourself of course, room buddies and batman seekers was just my quick off the cuff names. If they have job to do, name the job, and thats the role.

Awww right okay I get you now SK :)

Were they not NRV+ though? I like that added twist to it

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Were they not NRV+ though? I like that added twist to it
    NRV+ would be fine for the hidden roles stuff, you know that you are more than just NRV.
    Yes, I agree with that, the NRV+ , for hidden stuff you know might be coming later.

But for vikki vale and rachel dawes, from start of game were given rooms and jobs. And thomas and martha, they were told they'd be getting room together if they complete tasks, again, not NRVs.

We could call all the roles NRV+ in future games, but i dont find thats the best way forward.

Again, bounty just asked what i thought he might do different in future, i answered, i don't want this to be percieved as critisism, just my take of it.

as i said, it was a wonderfully enjoyable game.

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry SK, I didn’t mean to derail your feedback :)

Ok after a hectic weekend I can get on and give my feedback :)

Really enjoyed the game, I thought the roles were set up nicely, the Batman role in particular was well thought out and in keeping with flavour so kudos.

The wolf roles were interesting, liked the counterfeiter role shame the fake dead reveal never happened :)
    Ivy being limited to 2 out of 3 days poisoning was a good limiter on the poisoner role as well, and I liked there was a couple of healers so the game wasn't completely focused on the poisoning.

Riddler's role was cool too, I loved the flashpoint of the Riddle killing someone, nice spot by Drumpot there in fairness, I was in a half awake state and never considered that possibility myself!

As for the NRV+ stuff, having been the originator of 'everyone gets a backroom' I don't really mind that. Though I can see sKeith's point re: the confusion of an NRV claiming to have a backroom as well. Can possibly be caveated by an 'everyone gets a backroom' note in the OP, nothing massively major though.

The flavour was brilliant, nicely in keeping with the theme - though I expected as much from a former PW Draft Champ in BH ;)

On the Joker role with writing his own flavour - firstly, kudos to Sixtoes on that I loved the kill posts. QB mentioned above it might not suit everyone but imo you could always just quote random passages from an obscure text that mention someone dying if you're not of a flavourful mind. It's something I'd love to see expanded on again in future games.

Not really many issues for me, though tbh I might have been a little peeved had Clara/Thomas joined up with me and it killed me as a result. I totally understand the reason flavour wise, but tasks generally have rewards and it would have felt a bit hollow to discover I'd be dead in a day upon completion. However, only really a minor gripe, and tbh killing me off was probably good for the village this game lol.

Anyways thanks for running it mods. BH, hope you enjoyed your first foray into game modding :)

Also Drumpot is just never going to trust me again after what I did to him in Deadwood :pac:

Ok after a hectic weekend I can get on and give my feedback :)

Really enjoyed the game, I thought the roles were set up nicely, the Batman role in particular was well thought out and in keeping with flavour so kudos.

The wolf roles were interesting, liked the counterfeiter role shame the fake dead reveal never happened :)
    Ivy being limited to 2 out of 3 days poisoning was a good limiter on the poisoner role as well, and I liked there was a couple of healers so the game wasn't completely focused on the poisoning.

Riddler's role was cool too, I loved the flashpoint of the Riddle killing someone, nice spot by Drumpot there in fairness, I was in a half awake state and never considered that possibility myself!

As for the NRV+ stuff, having been the originator of 'everyone gets a backroom' I don't really mind that. Though I can see sKeith's point re: the confusion of an NRV claiming to have a backroom as well. Can possibly be caveated by an 'everyone gets a backroom' note in the OP, nothing massively major though.

The flavour was brilliant, nicely in keeping with the theme - though I expected as much from a former PW Draft Champ in BH ;)

On the Joker role with writing his own flavour - firstly, kudos to Sixtoes on that I loved the kill posts. QB mentioned above it might not suit everyone but imo you could always just quote random passages from an obscure text that mention someone dying if you're not of a flavourful mind. It's something I'd love to see expanded on again in future games.

Not really many issues for me, though tbh I might have been a little peeved had Clara/Thomas joined up with me and it killed me as a result. I totally understand the reason flavour wise, but tasks generally have rewards and it would have felt a bit hollow to discover I'd be dead in a day upon completion. However, only really a minor gripe, and tbh killing me off was probably good for the village this game lol.

Anyways thanks for running it mods. BH, hope you enjoyed your first foray into game modding :)

Also Drumpot is just never going to trust me again after what I did to him in Deadwood :pac:

Cheers Necro.

It's possible the Wayne "Crime Alley" death would not have happened anyway. It was originally just flavor if a Joe Chill character in the game out lived Thomas & Martha he would receive a gun while their death flavor appeared, we were a little afraid that things were tilted in the villages favor though and NRVs with a backroom didn't help that. We thought about dropping the flavor too and letting Martha live on (she was already written down to not dying from the bullet and having 24hrs where Alfred could have potentially helped her except nobody outside of the backroom knew she was shot for 24hrs). Apart from the fact that it meant Thomas had to die I was happy enough you completed your task but didn't have to get your crime Alley backroom. Was a bit of a poison chalice role if that hadn't of happened and it wasn't originally intended that way. So yeah I'd do that differently ha

The NRV plus thing was another evolving situation but settled on only the people who could take on the cape and Cowl (Thomas Wayne, Azrael & Batwoman) would be NRV+ but we gave more NRVs than were probably needed their own backrooms. Vicki Vale & Rachel Dawes could have completed their tasks via pm for example. That said Kate Kane didn't even know she was Kate Kane so no backroom and a counter point, people seem to like having backrooms and they make for good reading after ha.

I was genuinely curious about what was different about this game because I've only played games here so based most of it off what I've experienced in games. I'm happy Baggly made so many rooms out of the stuff I wrote, think it makes an easy enough blueprint for how I put the game together if anyone ever wants to steal ideas ha

Edit: Oh and yeah writting this really reminded me of the old BWA in the PW draft. Joker & Harley stole the main event spotlight after The Dynamic duos deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That game was also one of the reasons I sort of hesitated on Jake. The reason I pretty much knew Jake was joker was because I knew Henry hadn’t done a munch action one morning one of my powers was seeing what night action was done by a player and I peeked Henry to see who was bad between him and Jake. I lied about the other power role of person who targets me so poison ivy wouldn’t poison me.

So I knew Henry didn’t do a morning kill but then got paranoid that maybe Harley put in the kill. If I remember correctly , in the deadwood game there was some game dynamic that meant I cleared you even though I strongly suspected you. I swore I’d never let you go again!!! You broke me in that game!!!

Drumpot wrote: »
    That game was also one of the reasons I sort of hesitated on Jake. The reason I pretty much knew Jake was joker was because I knew Henry hadn’t done a munch action one morning one of my powers was seeing what night action was done by a player and I peeked Henry to see who was bad between him and Jake. I lied about the other power role of person who targets me so poison ivy wouldn’t poison me.

So I knew Henry didn’t do a morning kill but then got paranoid that maybe Harley put in the kill. If I remember correctly , in the deadwood game there was some game dynamic that meant I cleared you even though I strongly suspected you. I swore I’d never let you go again!!! You broke me in that game!!!

Another note of kudos to you Drummer was your reveal in the OP, I thought it was genius and have duly nominated it for best goodie play (so far anyways)

Weird to give feedback on my own game but I would have loved to see how people reacted to QBs approach if she had lived longer. A half rogue trying to cure/protect villagers and shoot rogues! She was more DA than Two Face for sure.

Cheers Necro.

It's possible the Wayne "Crime Alley" death would not have happened anyway. It was originally just flavor if a Joe Chill character in the game out lived Thomas & Martha he would receive a gun while their death flavor appeared, we were a little afraid that things were tilted in the villages favor though and NRVs with a backroom didn't help that. We thought about dropping the flavor too and letting Martha live on (she was already written down to not dying from the bullet and having 24hrs where Alfred could have potentially helped her except nobody outside of the backroom knew she was shot for 24hrs). Apart from the fact that it meant Thomas had to die I was happy enough you completed your task but didn't have to get your crime Alley backroom. Was a bit of a poison chalice role if that hadn't of happened and it wasn't originally intended that way. So yeah I'd do that differently ha

The NRV plus thing was another evolving situation but settled on only the people who could take on the cape and Cowl (Thomas Wayne, Azrael & Batwoman) would be NRV+ but we gave more NRVs than were probably needed their own backrooms. Vicki Vale & Rachel Dawes could have completed their tasks via pm for example. That said Kate Kane didn't even know she was Kate Kane so no backroom and a counter point, people seem to like having backrooms and they make for good reading after ha.

I was genuinely curious about what was different about this game because I've only played games here so based most of it off what I've experienced in games. I'm happy Baggly made so many rooms out of the stuff I wrote, think it makes an easy enough blueprint for how I put the game together if anyone ever wants to steal ideas ha

Edit: Oh and yeah writting this really reminded me of the old BWA in the PW draft. Joker & Harley stole the main event spotlight after The Dynamic duos deaths.

Ah look BH it wasn't a criticism just something I noted post game. And I do get the reasoning for it as well :)

Honestly though thanks, you out-Necroed Necro.

My efforts must intensify or my game type moniker will have to go to you :pac:

Ah look BH it wasn't a criticism just something I noted post game. And I do get the reasoning for it as well :)

Honestly though thanks, you out-Necroed Necro.

My efforts must intensify or my game type moniker will have to go to you :pac:

Well Skunked is now a term and I've been here longer than the lady herself but I'll just wait for the Necro in the name Necro style game kickes things up a notch. Don't think I'll be doing another game for a while myself.

Cheers Necro.

I thought it was funny getting help from Batman’s villains in my BR.

All the different dynamics that you had drawn up are impressive.

Is it mean/lazy to ask Mods to use post 2 for kills ? I know you guys are already really busy and this is the last thing you need. It’s more some of these games I find when you are working on your own it’s hard to keep up, with kills , lynches etc. I know I can keep notes but I stopped a while ago as it sort of drove me a bit demented at times ....

• Advertisement

Weird to give feedback on my own game but I would have loved to see how people reacted to QBs approach if she had lived longer. A half rogue trying to cure/protect villagers and shoot rogues! She was more DA than Two Face for sure.

Well I would of struggled to trust QB. I was convinced the coin toss was to kill Dessie. I had similarly awkward Role in sopranos (pussy) which i found really hard to play....

Advertisement