Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Also Necro, I don't think a break is needed (unless you want it of course). A mix of players is great and to be honest the sooner new players are exposed to your style the better rather than you exposing them to yourself by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

fixxxer wrote: »
    Also Necro, I don't think a break is needed (unless you want it of course). A mix of players is great and to be honest the sooner new players are exposed to your style the better rather than you exposing them to yourself by surprise.

I don't think anything could prepare any of us for Necro exposing himself

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Bags! Bad enough being n0ed but not even including that on the game summary...harsh!

Only feedback would be, can we get "you're dead" PMs? Though I guess there was a munch summary on page 1 I should have checked too...so my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sorry Clara!

Just getting in with my own feedback early before the masses descend...

Really enjoyed GoT. I was Jon Snow but because I was shít at making myself available for the competition times and never won a prize, I was essentially NRV. I didn't mind that though, fully enjoyed the sleuthing.

I can see now that the 'politicking' and the house alliances were intended to be a Scouring of the Shire-type epilogue, something to last maybe a phase and to wrap up a village win. The real battle was the Living v the Dead. Up until the NK was killed, I was presuming that all of the converts would be wiped out with him. Of course it's better that it didn't work out that way, or else it would be a tad unfair to those players who were converts. Still though, I had it in my mind 'NK will have powers to make sure he isn't that easy to kill' when I thought of anything like that during the game.

It's a shame the house alliances never came to pass though, because I thought it was a really interesting, fresh mechanic for the game. Between that and the converts, there were some great mechanics which tied into the source material perfectly.

I do like my traditional multi-role games, but I also liked the awarding of powers as prizes here. It was a nice change from the more traditional assigned roles. Good thought went into making the prizes character specific, it would have been great if I won my prize which would have been a resurrection 24 hours after death.

All-in-all an enjoyable, addictive experience, just what I signed up for. Well done and thanks to TB, Duffman and Baggly. The only negative for me is out of mod control, and not even a problem for most players I'm sure...

Nothing mods could do about this once the game was open and you can't predict it - I found the pace of the thread way too hard to keep up with on the first 3 days (Sun-Tues) and therefore my ability to play the game at a low. The thread was moving at a rate of about 1000 posts per day before it calmed to something I found more manageable on Wednesday. Just as a game mod, it's making me consider a daily max posting limit for any games I'm lead mod on in the future. Nothing too low, just a contingency to prevent things from getting too wild.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    I've been meaning to add my own feedback and Necro's post has prompted me to do it.

Overall, I loved the game. I usually hate conversions but I felt it worked in this case. I loved the flavour in this game as I think it added a lot to the storybuilding element that WW can have. One element that I wasn't a huge fan of was the confusion about whether wolves had a munch & conversion, or whether it was one or the other, or if it was prize based. I think not having perfect information is enough of a challenge for village - having confusing information adds to that. That said it didn't make a massive difference so this is more a point for future mods rather than criticism per se.

And now a bit of feedback that is definitely more general and relates to what Necro said about his own posting. Firstly, on a personal level I have no issue with high posting at all...I may tease a little but I'm impressed by the level of attention Necro gives to a game and quite frankly I'd prefer to play with a high poster than not.

I do think though that we all (and I'm including myself here too) need to be more considerate of other people's playing style. I tend to start slow and then increase my posting as I have more info to work off. Some write many short posts, others write fewer long ones. Some people have more time to give to the game than others. In general I think having a good mix is a good thing and I'd hate to see anyone not playing because they feel their style is unwelcome.

I said as much during the game, and while I was typing it I remembered that I posted similar in previous games. I very much agree Ecto.

That said...

Apart from a few harmless prompts early on from sKeith, I didn't feel the pressure/attention as a low poster in this game compared to last year where I played many more games. There didn't seem to be a big push from anyone to use a kill point on low posters in GoT, and I didn't see the old famous "Low posting villagers are no use to us anyway, doesn't matter if we hit one" pushed.

Finally...well done Bounty Hunter, truly, great performance and you were really well hidden. BUT...LORDY?! In 3 games I've played this year, we have had a bit of cat and mouse in the most recent 2, with you inevitably offing me in both of those instances. You must have the most wolf rands of any player here by now, do you even remember what it's like to be randed village? :D Anyway, your time is coming.

PXxJfxB.gif

P.S. I haven't been a wolf since Eastenders, I really want to be a wolf again :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Finally...well done Bounty Hunter, truly, great performance and you were really well hidden. BUT...LORDY?! In 3 games I've played this year, we have had a bit of cat and mouse in the most recent 2, with you inevitably offing me in both of those instances. You must have the most wolf rands of any player here by now, do you even remember what it's like to be randed village? :D Anyway, your time is coming.

PXxJfxB.gif

:(

Quick reminder. Lordy randed villager in GoTs :D

sKeith wrote: »
    Quick reminder. Lordy randed villager in GoTs :D

Indeed he did, thanks sKeith.

It was the lads who brought him into the Man United Wolves Trust, as I suspected hours on thread before Lordy killed me...again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Really enjoyed GoT. I was Jon Snow but because I was shat making myself available for the competition times and never won a prize, I was essentially NRV. I didn't mind that though, fully enjoyed the sleuthing.

We were all NRVs!!!! There were no roles!!!!

(Except Mick and BJ)

quickbeam wrote: »
    We were all NRVs!!!! There were no roles!!!!

(Except Mick and BJ)

Yeah I know all of that and explained what I meant. Hopefully others will understand me there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Expendables feed back:

Game was great, appreciate the work by the Mods.

Only real comment I have is that behavior from Orla WW was not acceptable and I would be hesitant to have a player like that back again.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

fixxxer wrote: »
    Expendables feed back:

Game was great, appreciate the work by the Mods.

Only real comment I have is that behavior from Orla WW was not acceptable and I would be hesitant to have a player like that back again.

Try being on her team. ;)

I don't know that there's much can be done about it though, he just went off the rails. It does spoil the game for everyone else, but I'm not sure what the mods can do about it.

It peed me off, but i'm not sure what else could be done - you can't vet new players or they just won't play. You could only give them NRV roles for a few games but that seems unfair.

I dunno. [enter shrug emoji here]

P.S. Mods - a bullet would maybe have evened up numbers a bit more than the sodding roleblock power that I didn't even remember to use. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Choc Chip wrote: »
    P.S. Mods - a bullet would maybe have evened up numbers a bit more than the sodding roleblock power that I didn't even remember to use. ;)

You're lucky Necro is the nice parent. I wasn't even giving you that. :eek:

Not sure what went on with the player but we couldn't let it continue. Don't think it's right for me to say any more really so I'll leave it at that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    You're lucky Necro is the nice parent. I wasn't even giving you that. :eek:

Not sure what went on with the player but we couldn't let it continue. Don't think it's right for me to say any more really so I'll leave it at that.

Yep, I'll echo Molly here - we dealt with it in game so that's that from my perspective. Anything else is up to the powers that be.

I do apologise to the wolf team though as it did probably turn the tables on what up to then had been a good showing from you all.

Sometimes these things can't be helped though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necro wrote: »
    Yep, I'll echo Molly here - we dealt with it in game so that's that from my perspective. Anything else is up to the powers that be.

I do apologise to the wolf team though as it did probably turn the tables on what up to then had been a good showing from you all.

Ah, it happens. And I thought giving us the role blocker power was a fair consolation. I'd have preferred a convert for the lols though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »

You could of just given the village a few more powers, no villager was safe in that game agaisnt RVs! :pac:

How in the jaysus did we kill so many nrvs haha. Mad Craic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Was a good game some many dead so quickly!!. Re Orla as another newbie could be grief going on in rl that suddenly occurred. I know i got killed at right time as following day had major medical emergency in RL, who knows but should have just offered themselves as tribute to get out fast surely a quick note to mods would sort. Anyhows it was efficiently dealt with and I thought the behaviour was a task lol

As for this newbie thanks all for a great game, complete with fog of confusion was hard keeping up with all the theories coming in left right and centre, I spent a few late nights combnig through the thread over and over trying to see the clues but i reckon that just comes with practise and a smidge of luck. Dont think i spent as much time studying ever lol. So explain roll claim again lol

khalessi wrote: »

As for this newbie thanks all for a great game, complete with fog of confusion was hard keeping up with all the theories coming in left right and centre, I spent a few late nights combnig through the thread over and over trying to see the clues but i reckon that just comes with practise and a smidge of luck. Dont think i spent as much time studying ever lol. So explain roll claim again lol

Glad you enjoyed it. But I promise you will get to a point where you'll be as invested as everyone else. So be prepared :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

tusk wrote: »
    How in the jaysus did we kill so many nrvs haha. Mad Craic

Probably the chap on the 0hine calling you

Is it mean/cheeky to ask mods to keep post 2 updated with kills? I know they have loads of work as it is and felt a bit of a twerp asking them to do more work. It’s cause I’m lazy and don’t keep notes, I’m sure you guys never guessed with my headless chicken play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is it mean/cheeky to ask mods to keep post 2 updated with kills? I know they have loads of work as it is and felt a bit of a twerp asking them to do more work. It’s cause I’m lazy and don’t keep notes, I’m sure you guys never guessed with my headless chicken play.

Ha, the issue is the edit function on the post disappears after 48 hrs so we have to PM a forum mod after that. Usually I do but I was lazy this game :o

But I don't mind being reminded to do it, no issue with that on my side of things anyways

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is it mean/cheeky to ask mods to keep post 2 updated with kills? .... I’m lazy and don’t keep notes

Just rereading that, Im guessing my answer is in my post!!! Sorry necro :o

If its a case of trying to remember who is alive the lynch form is usually up to dste

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not exactly feedback but Khalessi pmd me (apparently the mods too but me after asking me to relay this message... which I hopefully haven’t gotten arseways while doing this on my phone traveling)

She no longer has access and would like it back. Guess she asked for it to be removed during her first game to avoid posting in the wrong account.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

She no longer has access and would like it back. Guess she asked for it to be removed during her first game to avoid posting in the wrong account.

Nothing has changed since they were given access yesterday.

Baggly wrote: »
    Nothing has changed since they were given access yesterday.

Got the pm about 30m ago

“apparently privileges revoked obvs Brendan WW woeful lolol. I pmed mods but don't think they saw it. Could you let them know on thread thanks”

If its a case of trying to remember who is alive the lynch form is usually up to dste

That never crossed my mind, good call Mick...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can confirm Baggly's statement. She has access since yesterday and nothing has changed.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can confirm Baggly's statement. She has access since yesterday and nothing has changed.

Maybe pm her. Anyway That’s my part done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Hi all
    thanks for access again honestly didnt have access all yesterday and never requested it be blocked just presumed that was a given during game play.

Thanks though for a great game and all the work that goes into it

but just wanted to ask the more experienced players, what tells are you looking for that someone is a wolf or not

Advertisement