Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

She has contradicted herself a few times and condradicted the op has openly lied but sure lets just trust her this one last time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

So "Frodo" reveals herself.

Cant be killed.

Cant be converted until Wed.

Is immortal if she don't use the rings powers.

That's the main points right?

Frodo in the OP Has a number of abilities he can access at any time by using the ring. 

Does anyone actually believe the Frodo claim?

I guess we are expecting a 9.59.59 claim of a different role?

I don't believe Frodo tbh but at the same time i cant understand why we are taking the risk.

Personal preference would be a vig kill if its possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    That contradicts what you first said though

It does, Ive my reasons

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I just can’t work out why a baddie would role claim so early especially when everyone was in play.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I just can’t work out why a baddie would role claim so early especially when everyone was in play.

That's my big concern too.

Jake WW wrote: »

Why would a goodie?

From my read through last night Barbara was the only person getting any constructive heat. This was obviously why the role claim. Seemed such a snap move though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Whilst reading from a familiar looking book, the player uttered the last sentence of the chapter:

“Yet at the last Beren was slain by the Wolf that came from the gates of Angband, and he died in the arms of Tinúviel."

And indeed - they were slain by...something.

Oisin WW was killed.

They were Merry, masoned trickster hobbit.

M4o4.gif

Meanwhile....

As Barbara WW stepped out of the waterfall following an early morning wash, they were approached by a figure who began to speak to them:
    A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
    silivren penna míriel
    o menel aglar elenath!
    Na-chaered palan-díriel
    o galadhremmin ennorath,
    Fanuilos, le linnathon
    nef aear, si nef aearon!

A Elbereth Gilthoniel!
    o menel palan-díriel
    le nallon sí di'nguruthos!
    A tiro nin, Fanuilos!

A! Elbereth Gilthoniel!
    silivren penna míriel
    o menel aglar elenath!

Barbara WW didn't understand Elvish, and that proved to be a fatal flaw.

Barbara WW has been killed.

They were Frodo Baggins, Ringbearer.

f74ef21d14f573632fa3b38cf047f2c0.gif

Further notes include...

Frank WW and Tegan WW have been poisoned.

Phil WW wrote: »
    You worried?

Morning all :)

Was there anything in this or just a throw away comment?

I dont understand keeping her alive tbh.

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Why would a goodie?

From my read through last night Barbara was the only person getting any constructive heat. This was obviously why the role claim. Seemed such a snap move though

If part of a team, I think the claim would have been more fluid as someone to discuss it with. She sounds like she’s on her own so that leaves Frodo or SK.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Okay, so she was Frodo. But could be killed. And now we've no info that she could have left us with.

RIP Oisin, R.I.P. Barbara x

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Was there anything in this or just a throw away comment?

I dont understand keeping her alive tbh.

I've a slight worry bout Derry. A note I took yesterday that I need to do research into him on. But only a slight one.

And we lose the abilities of the hobits that was bad,

Why 2 kills though

Necro wrote: »
    Barbara WW didn't understand Elvish, and that proved to be a fatal flaw.

Translation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Elbereth_Gilthoniel#Text

O Elbereth Starkindler,
    white-glittering, slanting down sparkling like a jewel,
    the glory of the starry host!
    Having gazed far away
    from the tree-woven lands of Middle-earth,
    to thee, Everwhite, I will sing,
    on this side of the Sea, here on this side of the Ocean!

O Elbereth Starkindler,
    from heaven gazing afar,
    to thee I cry now beneath the shadow of death!
    O look towards me, Everwhite!

Probably nothing to the game though.

Derry WW wrote: »

Why 2 kills though

Am guessing Sauron tried to convert her and because it wasn't time, she died instead?

Could have been legolas looks like a night time action not an anytime action

Why 2 kills though

Is it a case of alternating kill/convert each day? But then why reduce the kill count?

Okay, so do Frank and Tegan want to plead their cases? Or will we vote to decide which to save to help Arwen make her choice? Or leave it entirely to Arwen?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch form open.

• Advertisement

Actually yeah. That makes more sense. And speaking Elvish first would tie in.

I've a slight worry bout Derry. A note I took yesterday that I need to do research into him on. But only a slight one.

Care to share or just throwing something empty out there?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Everygame the flavor is flavor thing comes up but the elvish thing in Babs kill does stand out. Frodo can't protect himself from his own Vig maybe. Seems odd for a vig to have to shoot at munch time though.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Okay, so do Frank and Tegan want to plead their cases? Or will we vote to decide which to save to help Arwen make her choice? Or leave it entirely to Arwen?

To protect the players from saying anything the town could decide and if the players disagree could plead thier case after? Might protect the power roles a little

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Well that went about as badly as it could have. Ring bearer dead and half the mighty duo dead so the other loses abilities. I feel we spent so much time looking at Barbara that we've been blinded a bit during our wolf search.

#metoo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

If it's just flavour it's bad flavour if that wasn't the vig - the Nazgul can't even say the name Elbereth let alone sing her praises. I don't believe it's bad flavour. So I believe it was the vig.

This makes sense alright.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    #metoo

#butwhy

• Advertisement

Derry - I thought you a fanboy. You come on eager with the first post. You changed your avatar to LotR related. You mention Goldberry that only a book-reader would know.

Yet you didn't know about the "no man shall kill me" thing regarding the Nazgul, which is a pretty major point in both book and film. [incidentally the Nazgul wasn't just killed by a woman in the book, but with help from a hobbit, Merry (RIP), who was also not a "man"]

To me now, it makes your previous comments, (which were Googleable) seem a bit ingenuous and makes me wonder about you.

Advertisement