Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Fiona WW wrote: »
    Just on point 3. It wasn't a usual role in that they could be made evil and also their turning increases the kill count. Frodo had to be killed to avoid this.

Just thinking Barbara said about Sauron being able to see the room today. Maybe Sam shouldnt post there or does he now have access to a seperate room occupied by Sam?

Did you do an FFA? I see you voted Des but can't find your ffa. Assume boards was down at the time? Care to reason it out now?

Fwiw if i was playing at the time I would have voted barbara hands down.

I wasn't able to get on to put an FFa in. My thinking yesterday had been

Des : for a very wolfy early post yesterday
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    They want to lynch me as well and I at a loss as to why.
    kinda gut though, I didn't really have anything deep to go on

Holly for playing very weird (but that self resolved before I got to post)

I didn't have a third really at that point

On the point you make. Granted its not a typical role. However the role claimer had suggested a different approach. Its also interesting how there's a little bit of a CFD there with at least 3 votes landing in the last 10 minutes or so. Not sure entirely how to interpret yet though

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Sorry for the prolonged absence folks, had some RL stuff going on. I'm here now though and have spent the last 2.5 hours reading back through the thread. My head is absolutely spinning but I think I have a decent handle on things. Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.

And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

I said it last night, it was no normal role claim. We weren’t simply lynching a rolled goody. Sauron can get the ring and get more powers or they can convert Frodo to nazgul. We tried to get more information from Barbara but she either didn’t know or felt that it was best she didn’t answer. We didn’t know the risk of letting her live and she couldn’t clear it up for us. But there were also inconsistencies in her answers and reason for coming out. I still can’t work out her strategy but maybe it will be clearer at a future time.

But it’s worked out better for the village that Frodo was killed because Sam has those powers (presumably) and he is hidden.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Mary, this is the first time in the game that you make any reference to Barbara and it's 12 hours after you have voted for her. In neither this nor your post above Re: time of vote, do you give any indication as to why you voted for her.

What's the deal here?

Probably half my posts have also came since then. I read through a lot before voting early (around 5pm) before heading out. I can't say I was sure on her tbh but on day 1 thats not unusual when feck all had happened.

In retrospect of course it looks different but I remember questioning (not on thread) Babs interactions with some like Conor as perhaps being staged but now I think she was just poking at people. Unfortunately we can't really suspect the people she was poking at (think Frank was the other) as what got her killed was the seemingly unnecesary coming out.

Still think it odd that Legolas would kill at munch time myself but and that our vig would target the outed Hobbit in the first place to be honest.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Probably half my posts have also came since then. I read through a lot before voting early (around 5pm) before heading out. I can't say I was sure on her tbh but on day 1 thats not unusual when feck all had happened.

In retrospect of course it looks different but I remember questioning (not on thread) Babs interactions with some like Conor as perhaps being staged but now I think she was just poking at people. Unfortunately we can't really suspect the people she was poking at (think Frank was the other) as what got her killed was the seemingly unnecesary coming out.

Still think it odd that Legolas would kill at munch time myself but and that our vig would target the outed Hobbit in the first place to be honest.

Vig I think only has a kill during night phase. I'm assuming they killed then to avoid the risk of the vig being munched and leaving Frodo to be converted

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Sorry folks, a sick crazy child kept me a little out of action so far. On now for a few hours and doing a reread!

• Advertisement

Sorry for the prolonged absence folks, had some RL stuff going on. I'm here now though and have spent the last 2.5 hours reading back through the thread. My head is absolutely spinning but I think I have a decent handle on things. Not sure if we're doing an FFA today or how this majority voting thing will work but from the notes I've made I think most of my suspicions were on Brendan, Clodagh and Mary.

Brendan for being 100% nailed on certain that Babs was lying about the Frodo claim yesterday (post #482) and Mary for her general posting style, a lot of nothing being said (eg post #812 today), Clodagh for the post last night where she said she believed Babs was telling the truth but was going to lynch her anyway. Bull**** wolfy excuse to jump on the Babs bandwagon.

And I know I wasn't here last night to discuss but christ almighty village. You lynched the role claim? FFS

I was probing Babs for ages, I didnt want to lynch the claim and in the end I went with my inital lynch option Abigail. I also gave reasoning for considering lynching Babs ie Sam might be better off with the ring than Frodo (Because of the stupid reveal post).

Babs reveal post was foolish and left way too many ways in which the village could be hurt as a result of it. We also dont know how much of what she said was fact or fluff. Her saying she cant be converted until a certain point etc, we have no way verifying this whatsoever.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Not sure how much I'll be on later so putting my vote in now. Will be voting Angus as they're barely registering which stinks to me of low flying wolf. Happy for you to prove me wrong Angus!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy

I'd be inclined to think that someone in the above is Team Sauron/TWK and I have taken out Frank and Tegan just for the purpose of finding a member of that team.

Probably other baddies in there too.

Barbara (13) - Gertrude, Mary, Brendan, Doris, Eva, Liam, Oisin, Frank, Vernon, Abigail, Derry, Tegan, Wendy

I'd be inclined to think that someone in the above is Team Sauron/TWK and I have taken out Frank and Tegan just for the purpose of finding a member of that team.

Probably other baddies in there too.

Whats your thoughts on Abi? I felt she was a bit ropey yesterday, still do. She became active following Babs reveal which I found very interesting.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Allo everyone, double lynch means we probably shouldn't be voting before 4 unless were very sure we've a baddy imo
    Do you not think you'd be readable switching from good to bad the morning of a failed munch? Converts definitely aren't impossible to spot, as it is I'd take Boromir on our side and our chances catching him if converted.

If he never gets converted then we won't have wasted a lynch on him either
    Frank for lynch?
    Because its 12:37, I'm in no rush

Nah I think Frank may be a good lynchee based off Franks posts, but I don't want to lynch him yet anyways
    Maybe not, I guess it'll depend on the when too.

Either way Boromir plays for both sides and I can't see him offering himself up, I know I wouldn't if I had the role
    Yet, I don't want to lynch him yet.

Right now frank is my no.1 lynchee, based on the post I quoted, this really isn't that difficult Barbs
    Kill the guy who's acting differently after the failed kill, at Lylo you've a 50% chance of voting correctly so just pick the less consistent one.
    Do tell
    If he doesn't reveal today, we can't trust the reveal at all
    Of course, they do in Wendy's hypothetical which is why I mention it, and its most important and easiest to catch if he's been converted and still alive at lylo, if he converts and can still look like a villager after spending a few days on both sides then fair play but most players can't do that. Its especially apparent in an Alpha situation like this where Boro suddenly finds out the identity of Sauron and the Witch King but has to try not treat them differently and its in his interests to keep them alive too.
    Why the mention of me and not Phil, given he was the first to call it out. And there's no wagon, you're top of my list alright but that means very little this early in the day

It is hollow reasoning but would you not think at this stage in the game, with zero kills its a very suspicious post to make
    At least 1/4 shot to hit a baddy and a nights worth of votes is more valuable than an nrv, lynch for sure
    Well, hopefully nrv, mean villager
    That's the same as Arwen just picking randomly tbf
    Des why these two?

And why the weird string of antagonistic posts with Brendan and Eva, a bunch of them adding nothing, its odd villager play
    Did you find that other post Jake?

Have you thoughts on any of the players bar your coasty FFA? Youve the most posts in game but the vast majority are just conjecture on mechanics or offering ideas or to collate ffas, you don't seem to do any questioning or really interact with other players, Clodaghs FFA had it well

Hopefully this works out, quote tags from a few of Conors posts were messed up. (I left out his last post as I can figure out who said what with the quote tags)

Babs leaned Conor wolf last night when on the block, wanted to see why. I dont see much however he engaged with most of our dead or poisoned players although Im sure a few others will have done the same but Babs wouldnt have known that when she through his name out there!

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Hi all

Angus checking in. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't available before now.

I need to go to bed so I'll be putting in a no lynch vote as I dont have any reads for my very quick catch up.

Sorry for the lack of participation, I will be active from the morning.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    Morning folks. Trying to catch up now

Taking you a while? 2 posts, catching up for 6 hours!

On a serious note, its too quiet in here!

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Whats your thoughts on Abi? I felt she was a bit ropey yesterday, still do. She became active following Babs reveal which I found very interesting.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Afternoon all. Looking forward to this.

You ever get that little niggle in your head saying somethings not right? This first post gave me a niggle. It's should have been one of those posts that you never remember but it caught my eye.
    Morning everyone. Strange not having a munch this morning, hopefully we can use the time wisely and lynch well tonight.

I bet you did, Abigail.
    Evening all, hard to visit Middle Earth in the day light hours. Didn't expect any actions today so was surprised to see Holly go.

Not sure what to make of Babs reveal, strange to have a reveal of such a major character so early in the game especially as she didn't seem to be under pressure and was revealing to save herself. If we don't lynch her tonight I don't think we can leave her any longer than tomorrow night to ensure she is not converted. Babs if you are I assume all your powers transfer to Sam or is there any exceptions?

This post sounds so jolly when all around were having a WTF moment. And she is looking for a bit more info in what happens with her powers.
    I still can't understand your reasoning for coming out Babs if you are the real Frodo?

So you believe her then?
    So now you can't be killed at all?????

Look at all those question marks.
    Only 6 mins to go, we sticking with Babs?

Getting a final push onto Babs. Seeing as you voted before Derry who has given her timeline as voting between 8:30 & 8:50.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Afternoon village. It seems I could be ill and not long for this world.

Save Tegan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Have to agree with Doris, tbh. If Frodo dies before becoming a Nazgul, the ring and all its powers pass over to Sam

If we lynch Barbara and she's telling the truth, then we lose nothing except a villager

If Babs is a baddie, then score one for the village, and we can also look at why she came out and who she might have been protecting

#FFA1

Barbara
    Desmond - as explained already
    Frank - his 'I am not Balrog' statement was strange. Has generally been helping to try and out other baddies - but the SK would anyway

Can't remember much discussion on EVA today so thought i'd bring this back up

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Yes, I did find it Conor and it’s one of those posts that screw a good person over as easily as nab a baddie. For now I’m keeping it to myself but I have it noted.

You may say my FFA was coasty but I’m not just going to go along with everyone else for the sake of it. I have my concerns about Abigail and that’s who I voted for. The others need to up their game whatever their alignment. I was never going to vote Barbara last night but I will be looking at all those who did at some stage today.

Where I’m sitting, yesterday was a new type of day what with having a lynch first. I’m used to basing my suspicions off who was killed, who interacted with who and more importantly, who isn’t interacting with who.

Fair re the post, your FFA was coasty, Henry had 3 posts, Des 7 and Abi 6. Atleast 12 players had been FFA'd before you did yours, so I don't think anyone who posted one was going along for the sake.

If you base your suspicions off that why was yesterdays FFA the lowest 3 posters, with over 550 posts you could come up with nothing based off anyone interacting or not with anyone else and just name 3 low posters with no reasoning whatsoever.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I was probing Babs for ages, I didnt want to lynch the claim and in the end I went with my inital lynch option Abigail. I also gave reasoning for considering lynching Babs ie Sam might be better off with the ring than Frodo (Because of the stupid reveal post).

Babs reveal post was foolish and left way too many ways in which the village could be hurt as a result of it. We also dont know how much of what she said was fact or fluff. Her saying she cant be converted until a certain point etc, we have no way verifying this whatsoever.
    Fair enough, I hadn't actually noticed that you didn't actually vote for Babs. That's a plus one for you in the village column.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    I said it last night, it was no normal role claim. We weren’t simply lynching a rolled goody. Sauron can get the ring and get more powers or they can convert Frodo to nazgul. We tried to get more information from Barbara but she either didn’t know or felt that it was best she didn’t answer. We didn’t know the risk of letting her live and she couldn’t clear it up for us. But there were also inconsistencies in her answers and reason for coming out. I still can’t work out her strategy but maybe it will be clearer at a future time.

But it’s worked out better for the village that Frodo was killed because Sam has those powers (presumably) and he is hidden.

But the village pushed her into revealing that she wouldn't die by the lynch. Of course the claim is unverifiable but it would be utter madness for a wolf to come out with a claim like that so early in the game when everyone would know right off the bat that they were lying when the real Frodo died as we have no priest. I don't think me being here would've made any difference at all but I 100% would not have lynched her last night. She said that she couldn't be lynched at all so it was a complete and utter waste of a lynch. We might as well have all just voted for 'No Lynch'. Assuming Legolas killed her this morning (which I also think was a crazy move), she could've been a real boon to the village to steady the ship for the day.

Conor, considering I was probably top poster yesterday too, what you said about Derry in your FFA is exactly what you're saying about me now. But I wasn't even in contention yesterday as you specifically said "There's a few others I could FFA for this tbh but Derry has the highest post count of them". Why?

I hadn't FFA'd you until this morning so had presumed you had said more than you did

I hadn't FFA'd you until this morning so had presumed you had said more than you did

ISO'd even

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Derry WW wrote: »

But Eva's dead. What do you want to discuss about her?

Maybe why Balrog decided he wanted to take her over Frodo who could be converted to the bad teams?

Its hardly weird to want to look into it, bit weird you questioning that all the same

• Advertisement

You ever get that little niggle in your head saying somethings not right? This first post gave me a niggle. It's should have been one of those posts that you never remember but it caught my eye.

I bet you did, Abigail.

This post sounds so jolly when all around were having a WTF moment. And she is looking for a bit more info in what happens with her powers.

So you believe her then?

Look at all those question marks.

Getting a final push onto Babs. Seeing as you voted before Derry who has given her timeline as voting between 8:30 & 8:50.

Interesting piece of detective work.

Abi care to talk to us about your vote last night. Liberal reference to the post history that Jake has highlighted would be welcome.

To what end?

Fair enough, I hadn't actually noticed that you didn't actually vote for Babs. That's a plus one for you in the village column.

But the village pushed her into revealing that she wouldn't die by the lynch. Of course the claim is unverifiable but it would be utter madness for a wolf to come out with a claim like that so early in the game when everyone would know right off the bat that they were lying when the real Frodo died as we have no priest. I don't think me being here would've made any difference at all but I 100% would not have lynched her last night. She said that she couldn't be lynched at all so it was a complete and utter waste of a lynch. We might as well have all just voted for 'No Lynch'. Assuming Legolas killed her this morning (which I also think was a crazy move), she could've been a real boon to the village to steady the ship for the day.

To be fair I think I see Legolas point of view on this - better to do the important thing while you know you can rather than hope everything works out later.

Frodo going is bad and good. We should still have the ring and its tricks and we've removed a potential baddie so meh, I guess we take the positives

I can’t see Babs reveal as being false.

#FFA1
    Desmond
    Abigail
    Henry

Get posting you three (Liam too)

Hey Jake, do you have any reasoning for the other two? Thanks for the Abi reply, matched up somewhat with my line of thought on two of her posts.

I am a little worried as mentioned by others with no reasoning and the bottom three posters at the time in your FFA. Feels a little lazy for the top poster!

Fair re the post, your FFA was coasty, Henry had 3 posts, Des 7 and Abi 6. Atleast 12 players had been FFA'd before you did yours, so I don't think anyone who posted one was going along for the sake.

If you base your suspicions off that why was yesterdays FFA the lowest 3 posters, with over 550 posts you could come up with nothing based off anyone interacting or not with anyone else and just name 3 low posters with no reasoning whatsoever.

Because I base it off who has died in conjunction with the interactions. I had Abigail in mind for my FFA from the beginning. I looked at the player post count and those were right beside her (including Liam) and wanted them to come out to play. Also, even though I had been active all day, I didn't have a bad lean on any of the other players.

Today is different - I have 2 on an FFA already.

To what end?

So ye both don't think there is any merit in discussing why the SK killed Eva that is interesting to say the least

@Clodagh ^^^^^^

Liam WW wrote: »
    Evening as well

I am voting babs. Was voting before the reveal because I thought she slipped on the Brendan interaction. I still feel like shes a wolf even after the claim and subsequent posts.

I reckon holly fulfilled a win condition. She probably had to get a certain amount of people to rhyme with her and I'd say roughly 20-25% (myself included) of the players did so. So, that's probably how she did it

Liamo whats your thoughts, you have said nothing since failed lynch where you were nailed on as Babs being a wolf. Your posting prior to this was completely inconsequential.

Tonights feeling already like its gonna be rough tbh. So many posters offering nothing and some of ones I have suspicions about are the ones actually at least trying to engage somewhat

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So ye both don't think there is any merit in discussing why the SK killed Eva that is interesting to say the least

Out of curiosity then, can you see anything in particular then?

I'd have no problems discussing Eva if you think you can tie her death to someone in particular. If you just want to talk generalities about her though, then *Shrug*.

• Advertisement

Can you quote where I said that? You just dropped a quote from Eva with no mention of anything to garner discussion, I'm just asking why you dropped it, I didn't see you other post until after

Advertisement