Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Begs the question, by the way - why didn't you ask about Tom? No reason for a villager to be shy about asking mods questions, they offered to answer them in the op.

But then, it's easy for the uninformed majority to ask questions. On the other hand wolves start with enough info that they don't have questions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I didn't try to shut it down. I said parallel.

Pm the mods yourself. There's no reason I should get special treatment. They'll confirm to you too. Unless they're ****ing with me, which in the post-#merrydoltoo world is not impossible

Just the more I think about that, the more I don't buy it Gertrude. I'm not going to PM the mods myself about it. I would never consider PMing them for such info from a game. I'm supposed to try and work that shít out myself.

Also, as Oisin points out above which I overlooked in my initial reply to you - Such an arrangement raises other concerns which are not for this thread.

I will not be PMing a mod on any of this and therefore getting caught into a possible 'he said...she said' battle situation with you or any player regarding the details received in any PMs.

I do feel though that if the mods answered any of that info above like you claim they did, they really should provide the answer either on this thread or a separate answers one. Not by PM. Not at all ideally.

It will be interesting to see what other players think of this when they come back in the morning. Even if you are telling the truth, it has implications both ways and in many contexts, game and beyond, IMO.

Now that I think about it Gertrude and to take your information at face value for a moment - There is one player who I could see been given a neutral, non-consequential role in order to try to entice them into the WW community for the future.

But this is bullshít, we're now deep outside gameworld, into discussing PM details, as well as into playing WW with the mods never mind 25 players.

Gonna clock off now finally, but this is bugging me.

In recent discussions we were told that this game would be randed. The mods assigning a player any role, even an inconsequential one which dies at a pre-determined time, goes against that. Holly was still active in the game - no matter how ambiguous or neutral her posts were, they still drew a reaction from many players and caused a butterfly effect of some sort. This goes against rand IMO if Holly was any level of player assigned the role.

This is not me having a go at the mods, but saying that I'm finding your info very hard to buy Gertrude. If what you're saying is actually true though, well...I really don't know what the wider implications will be.

Night folks.

You won't confirm because you're so damned true to the spirit of the game and therefore I must be lying? Damned convenient for you. Less so for me, eh?

Night night.
    Sleep tight.
    Don't let the "trying to distract people with rabbit hole discussions about the world beyond that can't lead to finding a wolf" bite.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

That was a very hard read, could have skipped most of it.

Have an idea of the narrative but everyones posts are kind of blurred.

The obvious standout is Barbara's role reveal. Bull**** Frodo role but haven't a clue what else she could be. Initial reaction is why is she still alive but tbh I'm ok with her staying in the land of the living.

I have to echo Franks concerns on Gertrude's claim. Mods don't answer questions via pm. In a backroom yes but not via pm.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I dont understand the stick gertie is getting i mean why lie about something that can easily be checked out by any person playing

Also fiona it says in the op any questions to pm the mods so its not just in the backrooms mods are answering questions

You won't confirm because you're so damned true to the spirit of the game and therefore I must be lying? Damned convenient for you. Less so for me, eh?

Night night.
    Sleep tight.
    Don't let the "trying to distract people with rabbit hole discussions about the world beyond that can't lead to finding a wolf" bite.

That's the 3rd time in just outside a day you threw hollow shade at me, and now after I said I was clocking off and wouldn't be around to defend myself.

Damned convenient for you, not so much for me.

Rabbit hole discussions? You have done little but try to shut me down, I must be hitting a nerve or two with one of those rabbitholes :D

Derry WW wrote: »
    I dont understand the stick gertie is getting i mean why lie about something that can easily be checked out by any person playing

Also fiona it says in the op any questions to pm the mods so its not just in the backrooms mods are answering questions

Yeah there are things mods are open to PM discussion about, I just don't feel that's the kind of stuff they'd give away. I'm entitled to that opinion as of this moment.

As for the stick Gertie is getting - In two posts there I offered a devil's advocate paragraph and 'If you're telling the truth'. The way Gertie is reacting, I'm gloating from the rooftops that I've definitely caught a wolf or something.

Mods apparently confirmed by PM that a player was given a role to be killed off early in the game. I can't see how it's not ok to question that info.

By all means Derry, you fire off a PM yourself if you want, I'm just not doing it.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Yeah there are things mods are open to PM discussion about, I just don't feel that's the kind of stuff they'd give away. I'm entitled to that opinion as of this moment.

As for the stick Gertie is getting - In two posts there I offered a devil's advocate paragraph and 'If you're telling the truth'. The way Gertie is reacting, I'm gloating from the rooftops that I've definitely caught a wolf or something.

Mods apparently confirmed by PM that a player was given a role to be killed off early in the game. I can't see how it's not ok to question that info.

By all means Derry, you fire off a PM yourself if you want, I'm just not doing it.

Im not having a go at you, im just saying itd be a bizzare thing for someone to lie about is all as its easily checked out

And the mods said to pm them if people have questions they arent tied into answering everything just what they see is fair game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Fiona WW

Missed that tbh, i rarely read the rules beyond a cursory glance.

• Advertisement

Im not having a go at you, im just saying itd be a bizzare thing for someone to lie about is all as its easily checked out

And the mods said to pm them if people have questions they arent tied into answering everything just what they see is fair game

Look to be honest, I'm starting to see how Gertie would be telling the truth about the info she received. What I mentioned a few posts ago about one player being enticed into the community with a more or less flavour role.

That player would we very well spoken (written) just as Holly was.

Hmm, I'm more open on this now. Still think though that despite that, Gertie has tried to shut me down on a few different topics for whatever reason, where other players haven't. For example, we're discussing the possibility of Gollum and wtf happened with that lynch, and Gertie's calling it wasted time and a rabbithole.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Anon Account List:
    Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

everyone has now posted.

User Name Posts
    Jake WW 55
    Gabriel WW 50
    Derry WW 48
    Frank WW 46
    Eva WW 44
    Barbara WW 38
    Tegan WW 36
    Brendan WW 35
    Doris WW 33
    Oisin WW 32
    Vernon WW 29
    Gertrude WW 29
    Phil WW 27
    Clodagh WW 23
    Wendy WW 22
    Desmond WW 21
    Holly WW 19
    Abigail WW 18
    Mary WW 16
    Conor WW 14
    Liam WW 8
    Winifred WW 8
    Fiona WW 3
    Henry WW 3
    Angus WW 1

3 accounts are under the threshold, so expect more participation tomorrow from them.

one gone, holly/tom

so, we have these players left.

Abigail WW
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Fiona WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Jake WW
    Liam WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Phil WW
    Tegan WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

there still exist
    sauron & WK
    saeuman & urak-hai
    balrog
    frodo
    samwise
    galdalf
    aragon/stryder
    gimli
    legolas
    boromir
    merry & pippin
    arwen

why the / in aragon/stryder, could the hydra be here?

24 accounts left, so 9 in unknown ( between urak-hai and nrv status)

11/12 are known good, would a mass reveal work?

what are the downsides to one?

if aragon/stryder are two good accounts, it should work, as half of players are known goods, forcing the evils to claim good roles.
    please discuss before enacting.

oops, 10/11 goods, not 11/12, we need to wait just a little more, once we get that to half or over it will be time to discuss, my miscalculation prompted me to bring that up prematurely it seems.

I dont like brendans random.org explanation of babs, me and desmond, although, i had doubts about desmond after their samwise will be signalling frodo stint, where did that come from, so i had my doubts their already.

what reactions did you gain from that brendan? still waiting for the results from that, you got babs, our shrodinger frodo, des, who eva has now set upon and me. What did you gain, but resbite from accusation yourself? While, I see des as possible, with the samwise stuff, it has tainted me with believing babs, was it not liam last night who said babs was a wolf, so playing to someone elses tune?

Brendan - How are you so sure babs is lying?

Brendan WW wrote: »
    After thinking about it for a bit, I'm inclined to leave Babs alone for a day or two. I have a feeling that situation will sort itself out.

Are you now backing down from your full out assault on babs today? So when auto priest says babs is frodo, you hope to have a leg left to stand on?

If i die in the morning, auto priest will show you can follow my intuition, follow oisin's lead, they made most sense to me today. There were people against their stance, that does not mean they are bad, just not quick, don't hold it against them.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

After catching up on everything and

Why did Barbara come out? An explanation on this could clear a lot up. You cannot die by lynch but despite this (lack of fear on that matter) you come out, why? What does the village gain by having you out ?

If I were as powerful as Frodo seems to be and I could not be killed by baddies tomorrow I would not tell everyone, why not let them waste a kill attempt.

I voted to kill babs before going out to work a night shift but even after reading through her reveal I didn’t believe it. The one thing that got me was her surviving the lynch as something like Frodo’s mythril could explain that however it could also be a move by someone who can survive one lynch to get to be a confirmed villager and apparently one who can’t be killed today too.

Think there is some element of beakering going on here at least (as why would a backup like Sam be so necessary for a role that’s invulnerable early on) but I’m going to try to put it to one side today if something else odd happens that warrants focus. Right now I might not trust babs but I’m weary of accidentally getting Frodo killed too so hopefully a baddie instead of our ring bearer comes out next

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Morning all. I agree with Franks accessment of Gerties post last night. Shouldnt be pming the mods asking about Holly. Cant believe the mods would give such info to someone over pm. If its true, well thats a discussion for after the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

FoolishSleepyDipper-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

MerryWideeyedAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif

On a cold morning, the player heard a muffled wailing at their door. They went outside to investigate:

“Cold be hand and heart and bone,
    and cold be sleep under stone:
    never more to wake on stony bed,
    never, till the Sun fails and the Moon is dead.
    In the black wind the stars shall die,
    and still on gold here let them lie,
    till the dark lord lifts his hand
    over dead sea and withered land.”

The words stopped dead... and so did Eva WW.

Eva WW was killed.

They were....
    NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Well ****. Morning all.

RIP Eva ;_;

Barbara, why specifically did you come out when you did? If you knew you couldn't be lynched why not wait to see if votes for you actually tallied up? I didn't feel you were a lock in certainly.

Should the village be asking the Vig to intervene here do prevent a conversion? Or should we spend a second day lynching Barbara?

The idea of loyalty with the Gollum character is interesting. An account that could be played as either village or wolf depending on how we treat the player. Gollum comes out as frodo and sees how we react and adjusts accordingly. We voted to lynch so can we expect an adversary today instead of an ally? Just an idea floating around my skull.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Barbara, why specifically did you come out when you did? If you knew you couldn't be lynched why not wait to see if votes for you actually tallied up? I didn't feel you were a lock in certainly.

I really hope Babs answers this or one of the other (mine included) times people have asked this. Why reveal at all if you could not be killed? what benefit was there in outting frodo? if that's what you've done.

Is it possible that Babs is the Balrog, and as such can only be killed by accidentally attacking Gandalf?

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »

And that's why it's not hollow shade. You're attacking me for an easily verifiable statement that you choose to not verify and then condemn me for. That's not a village act. Villagers try to solve. Villagers seek truth . Others try to twist things to build narrative and momentum to suit their agenda. Ok Frank, you and I are done talking, I think I know where you sit.

Advertisement