Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    Babs can you be lynched once you have been converted?

I have asked this. I do hope they answer this truthfully before being converted, as once converted, they have no reason to tell us the truth.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ah jesus

UROyDm1.gif

Right...

Looking at the OP to see who could Barbara possibly be if she survived a lynch...

Funny enough Frodo is coming to mind because in the trilogy, he escaped from some very close brushes with death - The stabbing by the Nazgul, the stabbing by the cavetroll, the stabbing by Shelob.

Is it a case that among the various powers which Frodo has (according to the OP), he might have a mithril vest for a one time protection? (For none movie/book familiars: It was a protective vest gifted to Frodo by Bilbo which saved Frodo from certain doom one time)

But now...we have Brendan claiming to be the real Frodo?

It's all a bit too much for me at this time and I'm wrecked, I might have to refer back to the above gif and park this until tomorrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I have asked this. I do hope they answer this truthfully before being converted, as once converted, they have no reason to tell us the truth.

It would be strange for a character to not be able to be killed at all. Has she said if she can be vig killed?

Phil WW wrote: »
    I think the Bombadil thing was just a character designed to amuse the village, given there was an elongated Day 0. My take right now would be to put it aside, cause I'd worry it would be an easy distraction to bring up over and over. Even the specification that he was a "neutral" character makes my read be "This was inconsequential".

The Babs stuff IS a bit more confusing, My head's a bit frazzled by Brendan too but I'm still not sure he's being serious (again).

Just a final note on this for now. I was very much in agreement with that thought and pushing it myself earlier. I've been thinking about it in the last couple of minutes and the fact that people are pointing out 'This is a Necro game'.

I think it was Jake who checked the number of anon accounts vs the number of sign-ups. It was 25 v 25, implying that no way Tom Bombadil/Holly could be played by a mod. We are short one account for a registered player in that case.

But another poster mentioned to Jake 'Yeah but Necro game, maybe that person has two accounts' and then it was moved on from.

However...that doesn't make sense to me on further thought. Say Tom Bombadil/Holly is a mod/flavour role, that leaves 24 anon accounts to service 25 real players. In order for it to be a case of 'one player has two anon accounts', we'd need 27 accounts to start in that case with Tom Bombadil. 25 regular, one extra for Tom the mod, one extra for one player's second account.

One player having two anon accounts doesn't make sense to me with those numbers, but...

Is it possible at all that two players are playing and sharing the one account? I believe that would be called a hydra. There were whisperings in the west about such a trial these past few months.

Just something to keep in mind village. Who would have two people controlling the one account, i.e. two minds controlling the one body?

I'll give you a clue...fúcking Gollum. What if he is in the game? One side of his personality getting tempted to an evil team, one to the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Very low post count today, even by Day 0 standards (or whatever you're calling it in this game)

Tegan WW| 15
    Eva WW |13
    Gabriel WW |12
    Vernon WW |11
    Gertrude WW |9
    Derry WW| 8
    Phil WW |7
    Mary WW |7
    Liam WW |6
    Desmond WW |6
    Jake WW| 6
    Doris WW |6
    Brendan WW| 6
    Holly WW |5
    Clodagh WW |4
    Wendy WW |4
    Oisin WW| 4
    Abigail WW |3
    Barbara WW |2
    Frank WW| 2
    Winifred WW |1
    Conor WW| 1
    Henry WW |1

Angus and Fiona the only ones not to check in today

Jake WW 55
    Gabriel WW 47
    Derry WW 42
    Eva WW 40
    Frank WW 37
    Barbara WW 36
    Brendan WW 35
    Tegan WW 35
    Doris WW 33
    Oisin WW 29
    Vernon WW 28
    Phil WW 27
    Gertrude WW 23
    Clodagh WW 23
    Wendy WW 22
    Desmond WW 21
    Holly WW 19
    Abigail WW 18
    Mary WW 16
    Conor WW 14
    Winifred WW 8
    Liam WW 8
    Henry WW 3
    Fiona WW 1
    Angus WW 1

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »

Just something to keep in mind village. Who would have two people controlling the one account, i.e. two minds controlling the one body?

I'll give you a clue...fúcking Gollum. What if he is in the game? One side of his personality getting tempted to an evil team, one to the village.

This could possibly account for someone having 2 lives also couldn't it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

But now...we have Brendan claiming to be the real Frodo?

I had assumed Brendan wasn't being serious.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    No I'm frodo, why are you trying to kill me?
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'll use <serious> tags when appropriate

But you never know. A "hiding in plain sight" case?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Just a final note on this for now. I was very much in agreement with that thought and pushing it myself earlier. I've been thinking about it in the last couple of minutes and the fact that people are pointing out 'This is a Necro game'.

I think it was Jake who checked the number of anon accounts vs the number of sign-ups. It was 25 v 25, implying that no way Tom Bombadil/Holly could be played by a mod. We are short one account for a registered player in that case.

But another poster mentioned to Jake 'Yeah but Necro game, maybe that person has two accounts' and then it was moved on from.

However...that doesn't make sense to me on further thought. Say Tom Bombadil/Holly is a mod/flavour role, that leaves 24 anon accounts to service 25 real players. In order for it to be a case of 'one player has two anon accounts', we'd need 27 accounts to start in that case with Tom Bombadil. 25 regular, one extra for Tom the mod, one extra for one player's second account.

One player having two anon accounts doesn't make sense to me with those numbers, but...

Is it possible at all that two players are playing and sharing the one account? I believe that would be called a hydra. There were whisperings in the west about such a trial these past few months.

I put forward this idea earlier, 2 players, 1 acc which I believe interested just 1 player at the time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    So, Barbara, if you can't die by any means, how can we (or you) stop you becoming a Nazgul?

The ring

So explain how a hydra account would work, especially in the case of a split personality thing like being proposed (Gollum/Smeagol)?

You have two players, say for arguments sake, Barney and Murray as we know they're not playing. And they're both controlling the Riona WW account (again, an account not in use this game). But Barney is playing for the Village and Murray is playing for the wolves, and Riona WW is posting contradictory information. How would that even work? What would be their end-game / winning conditions? I can't see it.

• Advertisement

So explain how a hydra account would work, especially in the case of a split personality thing like being proposed (Gollum/Smeagol)?

You have two players, say for arguments sake, Barney and Murray as we know they're not playing. And they're both controlling the Riona WW account (again, an account not in use this game). But Barney is playing for the Village and Murray is playing for the wolves, and Riona WW is posting contradictory information. How would that even work? What would be their end-game / winning conditions? I can't see it.

Tbh I dont think its the case but there is a way it could work. Lets say the goodie controls the acc for 1 day and the baddies takes the next day. Now depending on which day the game ends could determian the alignment of the character at that point. But as I say, I doubt think its the case and Im sure there are flaws to it.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    The ring

Dont you mean my precious?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Babs can you clear up some of these

1. Saraun will see all the info that is in your backroom after munch including all powers?

2. You can and will be converted as he knows who your are on wednesday at 10am?

3. Anything more you can give on this point?

4. Saraun will know these powers at munch so i assume you will be telling us soon?

5. Putting on the ring will hurt sam?

6. So far only boromir can kill you somehow?

1. Yes

2. No. Im currently unable to be converted. Currently

3. Not at this time.

4. No. Despite one baddie team knowing, they all wont. Ill reveal all when needed

5. It won't hurt him.

6. The flavour in my backroom suggests Boromir can betray me at some point

Derry WW wrote: »
    This could possibly account for someone having 2 lives also couldn't it?

It could indeed, IMO.

So by extrapolation...maybe we killed off one of Gollum/Barbara's personalities tonight at lynch.
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    I put forward this idea earlier, 2 players, 1 acc which I believe interested just 1 player at the time.

Good (wo)man Oisin, sorry I missed that.

People are expecting insane shít "because Necro", but he has told us it will be a clear OP. No need for a questions thread to open before the game, because it'll be all more or less in the OP for us.

I'm not expecting mad complex roles that you could never imagine in a hundred games given what was said to us about the OP, but I am still expecting some cleverness and some details to be hiding from us in plain sight. OP will be clear, but we won't be spoonfed IMO.

This Hydra thing for a potential Gollum role, along with the anon accounts and regular accounts being listed in OP, is giving me serious brain candy here when I should be winding down.

How could Gollum not be in this game??

P.S. A lot of talk of Necro - I'd just like to mention Murray and Barney who are no doubt playing a stormer as mods. Consider it a compliment you aren't mentioned as often as Necro :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Aye, that was me, but even I dismissed it as a crazy idea at the time. In retrospect, maybe not so much
    Or 2 players are playing under 1 acc, remember who is modding :D
    Now you've said that you've planted an idea in my mind

It's crazy, but Gollum/Smeagol could be played by under the same account by two different players

I still have to wonder, if this were true, what would the goal be in coming out to claim any role?

How could Gollum not be in this game??

Agree. He's too big a character not to be in the game. I just would be sceptical that he's there in the form of hydra. Or, certainly not as a hydra playing on two different teams.

People are expecting insane shít "because Necro", but he has told us it will be a clear OP. No need for a questions thread to open before the game, because it'll be all more or less in the OP for us.

I'm not expecting mad complex roles that you could never imagine in a hundred games given what was said to us about the OP, but I am still expecting some cleverness and some details to be hiding from us in plain sight. OP will be clear, but we won't be spoonfed IMO.

Absolutely. If we had all the info then we would have known about the neurtal character. We would have known that Babs' role - whoever it may be - can survive at least the 1st lynch

Sure look at Rule #1
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Barney or Murray and we will respond as soon as possible.

We have enough information to get by, not not everything

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Aye, that was me, but even I dismissed it as a crazy idea at the time. In retrospect, maybe not so much

I still have to wonder, if this were true, what would the goal be in coming out to claim any role?

I'll try some of that tinfoil on for a minute or two.
    Maybe for a win con they need to be both lynched by the village and munched by wolves.

By coming out as Frodo, they are halfway there to having completed that.

I don't know even nearly everything, I'm just throwing out my thoughts and ideas on something I now feel could be part of this game and we should bear in mind. I've never played a hydra before, but know that it has been talked about as something to try in a Boards game sooner or later.

In your example: Barney/Murray might not even be split between one good and one bad personality, that was just me surmising one possibility for a Gollum hydra. Maybe both players can decide between them in their BR which side to align the Riona account to, good or bad side, and they are not split.

If Gollum is in the game, going on the source material I don't really see him being his own evil team and therefore a 4th evil team in the game. I don't see him being straight up good/village either. I think he would have to decide his allegiance rather than being a team of his own.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I'll try some of that tinfoil on for a minute or two.
    Maybe for a win con they need to be both lynched by the village and munched by wolves.

By coming out as Frodo, they are halfway there to having completed that.

Good suggestion, or...

I mentioned Gollum and the source material in my last post. Gollum could get to decide what side he's on like I said, OR he might have no choice but to be drawn to the ring bearer and is hunting him down. The ring bearer is currently Frodo, and maybe Barbara's reveal was a ploy to get the real Frodo to come out. Risky, but with two lives maybe Gollum could afford the risk if the payoff was rewarding enough.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

On the Holly front, I PMed a mod, they confirmed that it was a preassigned role for someone how wanted a taste of Werewolf but couldn't commit to the game. Neutral to all parties.

I'm presuming they also couldn't hang in till Molly came online tomorrow.

Gollum for Babs is an interesting idea. The above knocks out 2 players 1 account (accounts tally) but doesnt mean you couldn't have a player with a shifting win condition or who's loyalty is flip triggered by accusations or kindness.

Babs isn't Frodo though, too many inconsistencies, but they knew they'd survive the lynch with the goal being to establish village credentials.

Here's a thought. The Witch King - no man can kill him - who cast the last vote and did they have a guy's name?

Good suggestion, or...

I mentioned Gollum and the source material in my last post. Gollum could get to decide what side he's on like I said, OR he might have no choice but to be drawn to the ring bearer and is hunting him down. The ring bearer is currently Frodo, and maybe Barbara's reveal was a ploy to get the real Frodo to come out. Risky, but with two lives maybe Gollum could afford the risk if the payoff was rewarding enough.

If Gollum is in the game, I could see his win condition being tied to the Ring. We know that Frodo, Sam and Sauron can all hold it. What happens to the Ring if they all die? Maybe Gollum can obtain the Ring as well

The only issue with Gollum is he's not in the original post so as much sense as it makes to assume such a big character is in here somewhere there is a real chance any discussion on the topic is wasted time. Its important that discussion of known characters and mechanics goes on at least in parallel.

Here's a thought. The Witch King - no man can kill him - who cast the last vote and did they have a guy's name?

Last vote was placed by Wendy - although if we're counting names it was 7 men and 6 women who voted for her (oh no, I'm assuming genders in 2019, very risky :cool:)

I can't see that being a mechanic though, they'd have no way of knowing what numbers were voting for them

IS the no man can Kill them a book thing? I can't see it in OP

It was in the movie. Guy in helmet kills witch king, "no man may slay me!" Helmet off, it's a lady! "I am no man!" "Curses! What a woiled!"

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Because the Balrog is on his own i can see him having powers, having an extra life is one possibility

But that move at random before the first lynch wouldn't make sense as at some stage in the game the real frodo will die or reveal, unless he thinks frodo can't reveal due to Sauron then getting the ring but there is too many ways he could get caught out

On the flip side i can't see frodo being immune to all deaths as babs is saying

Hopefully it self resolves

On the Holly front, I PMed a mod, they confirmed that it was a preassigned role for someone how wanted a taste of Werewolf but couldn't commit to the game. Neutral to all parties.

Gollum for Babs is an interesting idea. The above knocks out 2 players 1 account (accounts tally) but doesnt mean you couldn't have a player with a shifting win condition or who's loyalty is flip triggered by accusations or kindness.

Babs isn't Frodo though, too many inconsistencies, but they knew they'd survive the lynch with the goal being to establish village credentials.

The first part of your post, if true, could have major implications which Im not going to raise at this time.

Really? A mod gave away such info? That's the kind of info which potentially clears things up for the village and does some work for them. I'm not sure I accept that they would give up that info.

The only issue with Gollum is he's not in the original post so as much sense as it makes to assume such a big character is in here somewhere there is a real chance any discussion on the topic is wasted time. Its important that discussion of known characters and mechanics goes on at least in parallel.

Tom Bombadil wasn't in the OP, but there he was in the game.

Apparently, Barbara's character is not in the original post with her 2 lives, yet here we are.

"Real chance any discussion on it is wasted time" - Apparently not according to a few other contributors in here tonight. Say you disagree, but trying to dismiss it as wasted time and shut it down raises a flag with me.

• Advertisement

I didn't try to shut it down. I said parallel.

Pm the mods yourself. There's no reason I should get special treatment. They'll confirm to you too. Unless they're ****ing with me, which in the post-#merrydoltoo world is not impossible

Advertisement