Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/yanmar-1401-compact-garden-tractor/20078122

Anyone know anything about these compact tractors?
    Need something to scrape cubicle passages, slatted tank and collecting yard.
    Wouldn't break the bank, to buy a decent Ford or mf I'd want to have 7/8k to spend

A 135 or 35 or equal would be your best bet. Tight turning circle too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Reggie. wrote: »
    A 135 or 35 or equal would be your best bet. Tight turning circle too

Have a db 1390 here for that job can pick them up alot cheaper than a MF or ford power steering and very tight turning circle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We have a IH454 that we use for yard scrapping with a very tight turning circle. The are less common than a 135 and should be bought cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Hydraulics, who needs them;

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/yanmar-1401-compact-garden-tractor/20078122

Wouldn't break the bank, to buy a decent Ford or mf I'd want to have 7/8k to spend
    You would get a nice skidsteer for 7/8k and can do alot more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

How many cubicle passages have you? Would you consider auotmatic scrapers? Save on having someone scraping as well in the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭visatorro

Anyone know anything about these compact tractors? Need something to scrape cubicle passages, slatted tank and collecting yard. Wouldn't break the bank, to buy a decent Ford or mf I'd want to have 7/8k to spend

Lely discovery scraper. 12k ish??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

visatorro wrote: »
    Lely discovery scraper. 12k ish??

Yeah looking into one but I'd say the area is probably too big. They Only financing them over 3 years too which makes them expensive.

4 passages plus slatted tank and yard around parlour. Scraper tractor needed tbh. PIA to having to un yoke machines off the other 2 tractors to stick on the scraper. Usually gets left on the long finger

Yeah looking into one but I'd say the area is probably too big. They Only financing them over 3 years too which makes them expensive.

4 passages plus slatted tank and yard around parlour. Scraper tractor needed tbh. PIA to having to un yoke machines off the other 2 tractors to stick on the scraper. Usually gets left on the long finger

Price up a few auto scraper suppliers, you'd get the four passages done cheaper Than the price of a discovery or a tractor. We put brackets for the loader on the tractor scraper and use the loader to use it instead of the tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

The nozzles are near the ground on those sprayers. They spray in an upwards direction. It was considered to be a better way to spray potatoes as it coated both sides of the leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Any one ever deal with herryagri in cavan ?
    Would u recommend him ?????

Mooooo wrote: »
    Price up a few auto scraper suppliers, you'd get the four passages done cheaper Than the price of a discovery or a tractor. We put brackets for the loader on the tractor scraper and use the loader to use it instead of the tractor

Yeah priced scrappers there at the ploughing. Looking at c 14k. Will be next year before they go in if we are going scrapped route. Can get the grant on them, and funds aren't there to spend on them this year.
    All I ever here about scrappers though is how much of a nuisance break downs are

Yeah priced scrappers there at the ploughing. Looking at c 14k. Will be next year before they go in if we are going scrapped route. Can get the grant on them, and funds aren't there to spend on them this year.
    All I ever here about scrappers though is how much of a nuisance break downs are

Guilty of giving out about them myself but the5 original ones here are in close on 30 years. Added one passage in 09 and put in a scraper there and it hasn't been touched since. Dairymaster ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Guilty also of complaining like mad when they do break down

However that’s once in a blue moon - you might have one or 2 pain in the ass days with them but you have to think of the huge labour they are saving for 99.5% of the time.

Plus cows and passages will be cleaner as you’ll be cleaning every few hours rather than twice a day with a tractor

Only job

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Any crowd around the west that supply scrapers or is any brand better than another?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Bullocks wrote: »
    Any crowd around the west that supply scrapers or is any brand better than another?

Alfco? Do iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭maidhc

My current project. 1994 JCB 407. 6500 hours. Genuine machine that I knew for a long time. It lived on a dairy farm by the sea, so has suffered the ravages of the tin worm a little, but is solid out.

I paid 6k for it. Probably have spent as much again on it so far, so as well as new wheels and tyres, it has a new brakes, new centre pivot, quick attach repaired and everything linebored and bushed as necessary. All that is left to do now are the cosmetics.

I made the spike and am busy welding up the door frames.

466026.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭White Clover

maidhc wrote: »
    My current project. 1994 JCB 407. 6500 hours. Genuine machine that I knew for a long time. It lived on a dairy farm by the sea, so has suffered the ravages of the tin worm a little, but is solid out.

I paid 6k for it. Probably have spent as much again on it so far, so as well as new wheels and tyres, it has a new brakes, new centre pivot, quick attach repaired and everything linebored and bushed as necessary. All that is left to do now are the cosmetics.

466026.jpg

Lovely machine. It's a 4 cylinder?

466026.jpg

Will you upgrade the lights to LED?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

466026.jpg

Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Damo810

Can anyone recommend any good sources to learn about re wiring older machinery, I have a 90's MF loader and want to get it starting on the key/Get lights on it etc, currently starting it by crossing the starter.

I havent a clue about wiring but what I want to do should be all that hard?

466026.jpg

Tidy outfit how much was it to put new tyres on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Would anyone on here consider a Merlo MultiFarmer (or similar telehandler with 3 pt linkage) next time around instead of a dedicated tractor?

Would anyone on here consider a Merlo MultiFarmer (or similar telehandler with 3 pt linkage) next time around instead of a dedicated tractor?

I don't know about spending big money on a loader / tractor but I often thought of getting one of those mf industrial loaders with a pto and 3pt linkage for a bit of fertiliser and topping alright

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭maidhc

It has a 4cyl perkins. 65/70hp I think.

The wheels and tyres were €450+VAT each. It isn't a cost I budgeted for, but the original rims were badly corroded and were probably a safety hazard. Tyres were original, so weren't going to last forever.

Yes, it is getting LEDs all around. I put them on the 4600 last year and they made an amazing difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Yes, well I suppose it would depend on things, but I sometimes wonder why they didn't take off. Maybe it is the usual skepticism within agriculture.

I see Argo was releasing them in 2005. Never seen any on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Got this a few weeks ago. Still haven't used it as I've nothing housed yet.

Got this a few weeks ago. Still haven't used it as I've nothing housed yet.

Well wear. What are you putting behind it?
    They're not light!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

Well wear. What are you putting behind it?
    They're not light!

I've a JCB tm220. Lift capacity of 2.2ton so i should be alright. The shear is 500kg and a bale at 800kg. It should be able for it.

• Advertisement

I've a JCB tm220. Lift capacity of 2.2ton so i should be alright. The shear is 500kg and a bale at 800kg. It should be able for it.

No bother to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement