Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭davidk1394

All set with the new machine

Getting the hang of the controls is the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Tell us what's the heaviest material the flailhead will deal with?

I'm thinking myself l need to get a sawhead in

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

davidk1394 wrote: »
    All set with the new machine

Don't scratch it :D

Well wear

Muckit wrote: »
    Tell us what's the heaviest material the flailhead will deal with?

I'm thinking myself l need to get a sawhead in

Old wrought iron gates usually..... ahh toughest around here are skough ditches are a killer and suck the power out of it. It’ll cut anything up to the width of your arm easily and the odd time the size of your leg. I cut back ditches with 10 year lad growth but it was mainly briars, furze and skough trees. But it took about 10 runs to do it

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Don't scratch it :D

Well wear

Thanks very much... try my best haha

Any of ye know someone who fixes the screen on a baler ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Seven or eight years ago I sold our 88 Fourtrak, as the rust was getting beyond patching.
    Met the buyer today, "I've been doing a bit of a job on your old Fourtrak" he says.
    "Come and take a look at her"

DpPduJv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Seven or eight years ago I sold our 88 Fourtrak, as the rust was getting beyond patching.
    Met the buyer today, "I've been doing a bit of a job on your old Fourtrak" he says.
    "Come and take a look at her"

DpPduJv.jpg

kinda reminds me of Stubby Bob
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=stubby+bob+truck&rlz=1C1CHBF_enIE814IE814&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=GNzOdFyVyrpBhM%253A%252C22SP8lNjtYizfM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kQORwBxrfRZSIa9feWXkvRJhLOcYg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiAlv3VhqLeAhVEecAKHZ3TBOUQ9QEwBnoECAMQEA#imgrc=_

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

Er, will those three axles go around corners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

He better buy another one for wheel bearings!!

Farmer wrote: »
    Er, will those three axles go around corners?

I hope so!
    He has a plan to haul a Ransoms "calf" dozer on the rear bed when its finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Lads was looking at a pickup for bringin the kids to pre school and for towing. The 3.0 hilux automatic are they god to tow and up steep hills or should I stay with manual? Have a clean auto one sourced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Can't beat the led's...32,000 lumens worth :D

Heard this evening that krone have increased the cost if all machines by 6%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Grueller

Heard this evening that krone have increased the cost if all machines by 6%

On top of being dearer than most competitors already.

Grueller wrote: »
    On top of being dearer than most competitors already.

Told the dealer that it's gonna be hard to justify

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Got a 4300 series Massey and there are cables for work lights behind the indicators at the doors. Anyone know what type of connectors are on these. Cables very short to cut and join

She's getting high in the hours now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost for a full overhaul and respray for a 3CX digger?
    Engine is good, but the rear actor has a lot of play in it. Will need new lights and possibly rewire - at least partially.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know roughly how much it would cost for a full overhaul and respray for a 3CX digger?
    Engine is good, but the rear actor has a lot of play in it. Will need new lights and possibly rewire - at least partially.

Rear actor will need rebushing also

Are 2.5tonne diggers capable machine for farms? Was looking at a JCB 8025 for doing some drains etc.

You could budget 1500 to overhaul the gearbox/torque, the same for a new king post for the back actor, brakes and seals and hardy-spicers in back axle probably running 800 to a thousand, few hundred for bearings and hardy-spicers in the front axle (4x4 models) , couple of hundred for bushings ( lots more if you need line boring!) if you need front pump drive shaft, thats 200, plus work on the cab doors and window frames (if its a white, black or grey cab) easily run 500 to 1000, plus paint and labour.
    Wiring and lights easily 500.
    Say 7000 for a half decent job, and allowing your pump and valves and rams don't need touching.

You could budget 1500 to overhaul the gearbox, the same for a new king post for the back actor, brakes and seals and hardy-spicers in back axle probably running 800 to a thousand, few hundred for bearings and hardy-spicers in the front axle (4x4 models) , couple of hundred for bushings ( lots more if you need line boring!) if you need front pump drive shaft, thats 200, plus work on the cab doors and window frames (if its a white, black or grey cab) easily run 500 to 1000, plus paint and labour.
    Say 6000 for a half decent job, and allowing your pump and valves and rams don't need touching.

Sounds like you have done this before

Sounds like you have done this before

Lookin down tha barrel of doing it!

There's a crowd up near belfast will do the gearrbox for 800 sterling, but the 1500 is what it'll cost with the lads down in carlow with a full warrenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭tanko

Are 2.5tonne diggers capable machine for farms? Was looking at a JCB 8025 for doing some drains etc.

I wouldnt think so, i'd be thinking at least a 3 tonne maybe even 4 for a bit of power and comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭mayota

No use. A 6 ton would be the minimum I’d consider and even then there’re limited with reach.

You could budget 1500 to overhaul the gearbox/torque, the same for a new king post for the back actor, brakes and seals and hardy-spicers in back axle probably running 800 to a thousand, few hundred for bearings and hardy-spicers in the front axle (4x4 models) , couple of hundred for bushings ( lots more if you need line boring!) if you need front pump drive shaft, thats 200, plus work on the cab doors and window frames (if its a white, black or grey cab) easily run 500 to 1000, plus paint and labour.
    Wiring and lights easily 500.
    Say 7000 for a half decent job, and allowing your pump and valves and rams don't need touching.

It would do without a spray. Definitely needs back actor tightened up - some dangerous swing on it. Engine is fine, brakes are too, although handbrake would be needed.

Considering whether to switch it for a tracked machine. Thoughts/opinions?

It would do without a spray. Definitely needs back actor tightened up - some dangerous swing on it. Engine is fine, brakes are too, although handbrake would be needed.

Hard to beat a good 6ton track machine on a farm

• Advertisement

Depends how much you use it at present.
    A track machine is the only job for ditching and draining etc, but it won't grab 2 round bales and run them into the shed, then shake them apart or push in yesterdays silage.
    Nor will it grab and load all the multitude of things a rubber tyred digger with a 4in1 will.

It might be cheaper to swop your complete back actor with a tight secondhand one.
    Handbrake is a simple enough fix. The pads fall out when they get worn...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement