Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Woodies Ennis road today had Philips lamps,hub and bulb(screw ones, no bayonet) starter kits and bulb and dimmer sets and also the iris lamp all half price

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Caillte

Google wifi single unit in Currys for €119.99. €20 cheaper then the official google store. (€5 euro delivery though but arrive in 2 days).

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/networking/whole-home-wi-fi-systems/google-wifi-whole-home-system-single-unit-10161574-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

Woodies Ennis road today had Philips lamps,hub and bulb(screw ones, no bayonet) starter kits and bulb and dimmer sets and also the iris lamp all half price

Was in woodies in a cork branch while ago..the Iris is from 100 with 50% off, bloom 70 with 50% off,normal hue white E27 bulbs for 21 i think with 50% off, no coloured bulbs there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was in Woodies in Limerick at lunch, there's 6 of the bulb/dimmer packs left and 1 of the Iris lamps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Friend checked couple of Woodies in South County Dublin, no discounts yet but they will be doing them in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I picked up a standard white screw in dimming kit for 22, not bad as the dimmer itself is around 20 from Amazon UK. So basically a free bulb. Note though its not ambiance, just a plain white dimmer.

This is Woodies in Glasnevin, they had a few starter packs and a couple of Iris left.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Clareman wrote: »
    I was in Woodies in Limerick at lunch, there's 6 of the bulb/dimmer packs left and 1 of the Iris lamps.

might drop in on the way home. been considering for past few weeks of buying few more dimmer switches. Was holding out for Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I picked up a standard white screw in dimming kit for 22, not bad as the dimmer itself is around 20 from Amazon UK. So basically a free bulb. Note though its not ambiance, just a plain white dimmer.

This is Woodies in Glasnevin, they had a few starter packs and a couple of Iris left.

Note that despite it being a sealed pack and having the little plastic pull for the battery, the dimmer looks to have been previously paired with a bridge. It didn't flash orange when the battery pull was pulled and a single press on the setup switch gave a single solid orange light, which apparently indicates a dimmer that has lost connection to its bridge. I had to completely reset it by holding the setup button down for 10 seconds to get it to flash orange. At that point the pairing continued as normal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Note that despite it being a sealed pack and having the little plastic pull for the battery, the dimmer looks to have been previously paired with a bridge. It didn't flash orange when the battery pull was pulled and a single press on the setup switch gave a single solid orange light, which apparently indicates a dimmer that has lost connection to its bridge. I had to completely reset it by holding the setup button down for 10 seconds to get it to flash orange. At that point the pairing continued as normal.

The dimmer switches that come packaged with a white only bulb are paired to that bulb (so they can be used without a hub* (up to 10 bulbs can be paired to a dimmer this way without using a hub)).

When you want to add these dimmers to your system, you need to select the option for a ‘dimmer switch that’s already been paired with a bulb’ option and not the ‘dimmer switch that’s not been paired with lights before’ option.

*This option came about as an entry level offering into the world of Hue smart lighting: buy the bulb and dimmer switch and have them work out of the box with no need for a hub, as the bulb and the dimmer talk directly to each other. I guess the idea would people would get hooked and eventually expand their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Almost nothing left in Coolock

• Advertisement

Just 1 dimmer switch, hue go and about 5 starter packs for €98 reduced from €148 (I think) left in worries on Ennis road, Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

There wasn't much to choose from in Woodies Navan yesterday evening.

Picked up 2 dimmer packs, there was no sign of a discount on the shelf, but the discount was applied at the till.

There was a starter kit and a few strips still on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

might save someone a trip - Woodies Nenagh had nothing, didn't know anything about them, never had them in stock and most likely never will.

Woodies Sallynoggin doesn't carry Hue FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Same for Woodies in Clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭paulbok

Nothing in Woodies Naas Rd or Lucan except for starters kits and one white E27 each

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Picked up two single white bulbs (E11 each) and a dimmer/bulb pack (22) in Drogheda last night. Thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭eusap

Woodies in Naas had two Iris and a Bloom, a quite a few single e27 bulbs, but they knew nothing of the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Rew wrote: »
    Friend checked couple of Woodies in South County Dublin, no discounts yet but they will be doing them in the next few days.
    Does anyone know if Woodies in Carrickmines carry Hue products?

ionapaul wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Woodies in Carrickmines carry Hue products?

They do but very limited amount of stuff in there, yesterday there was 3 starter kits and 2 dimmer kits, no discounts applied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if this is a bargain - Echo Plus (1st Gen) Alexa party bundle

includes the Echo Plus (1st Gen), the Woox Smart Plug, the Echo Buttons and the Philips Hue White bulb E27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

picked up 2 dimmer+bulb packs and a bloom a couple of hours ago. All half price at Woodies Tallaght. Not sure what to do with the Bloom yet but seemed like good value!

Woodies will suddenly think there is a massive demand for Hue products with how its all disappearing off the shelf with the discounts and start stocking more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Woodies will suddenly think there is a massive demand for Hue products with how its all disappearing off the shelf with the discounts and start stocking more :)

Rumour is they are switching to Hive products and hence the clearing of all the Hue stock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ring Doorbell 2 and Echo Dot (Gen 2) only £179 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GY6MDVL?tag=22&th=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Thanks for the heads up on Woodies, just saved myself a fortune for the new house (starter kit and 6 bulbs for €110) :)

Woodies in castlebar still has a good few starter kits and dimmers left... someone bought up the last of the individual bulbs though ;P

Note: they are still marked at full price on the shelf, had to take it to the till then the price was reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Was in woodies tallaght last night at 7:30 PM they had about 6 starter kits and 6 bloom lights on the shelf. Down another aisle there was a set of shelves like they use for plants that had a sign saying up to 90% off with that had about 8 dimmer and white bulbs. Nothing that I was looking for though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I grabbed two Iris lights in Tallaght last night, there were two left behind me. As in Castlebar, still priced at 99.99 on the shelf, but asked for a price check at the checkout and it was confirmed that both were now 49.99 each. I actually missed the Bloom lights, which is a pity as I would have definitely grabbed one or two.

Would love to grab another coloured bulb or two, doesn't seem to be any left anywhere though?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was just in Woodies in Swords (Seatown) and took the last of their Hue stock,

They only had 4 B22 White Only bulbs, but at €3 each, I couldn’t not get them.they weren’t even on a shelf, but were in/on a clearance trolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Was just in Woodies in Swords (Seatown) and took the last of their Hue stock,

They only had 4 B22 White Only bulbs, but at €3 each, I couldn’t not get them.they weren’t even on a shelf, but were in/on a clearance trolly.

Wow, that has to be in the top 5 bargains found, albeit quite localized.

Advertisement