Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

Hive self install 2 zone kit, (Stat, CH/HW relay and internet hub) is price controlled at €199 everywhere, BUT, if you buy from hive Ireland there's a free Echo dot 2nd generation. Dot selling elswhere €48-60, so 2 zone smart Hive kit for about €150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Gonna pull the trigger on dimmer switches. £14.95 looking at 12months on CCC it's the lowest it has gone and nothing lower. What ya reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Gonna pull the trigger on dimmer switches. £14.95 looking at 12months on CCC it's the lowest it has gone and nothing lower. What ya reckon?

I paid £14.75 at the start of this month. :)

adox wrote: »
    I paid £14.75 at the start of this month. :)

Just ordered them for £14.35. nice

The samotech covers for the dimmer switch were sold out for £9.99 so went to the samotech website and was able to order them for £8.75. that's all the house switches now turned to hue dimmers. Delighted.

Roll on black friday

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Amazon Italy.

The 'buy 2 Philips hue items, get the cheaper of the 2 for half price' offer is back on. (Until November 30th).

https://www.amazon.it/gp/promotion/A9UAH28QXASTW?ref_=plp_pc_dp_imp_A9UAH28QXASTW&refasin=B0148NMVQA

Examples with express delivery selected are:

2 x two meter light strips for 94 euro delivered

2 x motion sensors for 61.50 euro delivered

1 x two meter light strip plus 1 x motion sensor for 83 euro delivered

This offer was on recently and I ordered the two light strips on a Sunday, and they were delivered by Wednesday. Three pin plug included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Just ordered them for £14.35. nice

The samotech covers for the dimmer switch were sold out for £9.99 so went to the samotech website and was able to order them for £8.75. that's all the house switches now turned to hue dimmers. Delighted.

Roll on black friday
    I bought blank face plates (€1 ea) & long screws (free).

Screwed the blanks on top of the existing switches.

Velcroed the dimmer switch back to the blank faceplates.

Just in case there'd be a domestic...

Rattling along fine, cos there's a couple yo-yos saved in the electricity.

And, if it all has to come out, unscrew the blanks & there's the original switch...

Just picked this up. Offer valid through to 15 Nov

All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Black + Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit E27 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H31LD3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hZB5Bb9H1B3AZ

Also have White starter kit & Dot for £59.99

Deal is gone. Supposed to have been valid 'til 15th. B22 kits went out of stock Saturday.

Anyway, Starter Kit arrived yesterday. In a normal Amazon brown box, but every box inside was brown also, with a Colour A4 page on top.

Dot Gen 3 on a slow boat from somewhere.

Anyone want a Philips Hue Hub? Surplus to requirements.Will post for free...

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

How much for the hub? I've a v1 & could do with upgrading.

garion wrote: »
    How much for the hub? I've a v1 & could do with upgrading.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Screwed the blanks on top of the existing switches.
    I bought blank face plates (€1 ea) & long screws (free).
    Velcroed the dimmer switch back to the blank faceplates.

Must do all my light switch and I'd rather not spend 150 on switch covers if I can do it for <20 with your method. Any pictures? Or anyone else have alternative setups to using the mount plates at circa €10 a pop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Deal is gone. Supposed to have been valid 'til 15th. B22 kits went out of stock Saturday.

Anyway, Starter Kit arrived yesterday. In a normal Amazon brown box, but every box inside was brown also, with a Colour A4 page on top.

Dot Gen 3 on a slow boat from somewhere.

I could do with one if you dont need it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

was still a white starter kit in Woodies Tullamore at lunch time, half price at €57.

Was passing by earlier and picked one up which will do a couple of outdoor lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

https://www.androidcentral.com/thrifter-deal-samsungs-smartthings-adt-wireless-home-security-system-has-dropped-150?amp

Samsung SmartThings ADT wireless home security DIY starter kit is down to $149.99 on Amazon

I assume this can't/shouldn't be used in the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

https://www.androidcentral.com/thrifter-deal-samsungs-smartthings-adt-wireless-home-security-system-has-dropped-150?amp

Samsung SmartThings ADT wireless home security DIY starter kit is down to $149.99 on Amazon

Insofar as all security and cctv installations can only be carried out by licensed and registered installers, you can only install DIY systems for yourself. You could be in trouble if you put one in for a friend and especially if you got paid a few quid. Don't ask me what happens if you declare an alarm/cctv system on your house insurance to get a discount, than, following a claim it is discovered to be a home install. I guess insurers could invalidate the claim, even if the thing worked and you had usable cctv images.
    Same goes for selling a house with a DIY alarm, who knows what the legalities are, probably the same as when the house has undocumented modifications, it's buyer beware. On a similar topic, Axa announced car insurance discounts for dashcam installs, no installation conditions mentioned in the report. I suppose discuss this on another thread If anyone's intetested.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Looking at some of the reviews on Amazon it won't work outside of the US

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Just to add, the above uses radio frequencies which aren't licensed for use in Europe and using it here would be illegal. Also you'd likely suffer interference issues if nothing else. We need to wait for an official version of this for the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Good deal from Amazon.

3 Hue Colour B22 or E27 Bulbs.
    Hue Hub.
    3rd gen. Echo Dot.
    £90.

E27 Kit

B22 Kit

Soarer wrote: »
    Good deal from Amazon.

Hue Hub.
    3rd gen. Echo Dot.
    £90.

E27 Kit

B22 Kit

Well I don't need these really, but that is a good price even for the hue alone, the Alexa might make a good present for somebody as we are already set up with google homes and mini, damn this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

THE ALM wrote: »
    Well I don't need these really, but that is a good price even for the hue alone, the Alexa might make a good present for somebody as we are already set up with google homes and mini, damn this thread....

I don't need a new hub or want a dot but its too good a price for me and I can gift/sell the dot. :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Great deal, £30 per colour bulb with a free bridyand echo dot.

• Advertisement

I don't need a new hub or want a dot but its too good a price for me and I can gift/sell the dot. :o

and the madness doesn't kick in until midnight:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

THE ALM wrote: »
    and the madness doesn't kick in until midnight:rolleyes:

Midnight next week you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Midnight next week you mean

Nope. Amazon advertising midnight tonight.

That's an incredible deal but I've no desire for Dot (even to sell it on) and I've my money earmarked for a load of GU10s already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭paulbok

Need 1 hue colour bulb, was going to get a twin pack to have a spare, think that is £75-80 normally?
    So getting a free dot and extra bulb, and a hub for a tenner. Can't say no there.
    Dammit, it hasn't even started yet and the buying had started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Reading through the HUKD thread, some are saying that the bulbs might be the latest Gen 4. They have a white tip (Richer Colour) in the this bundle contains blurb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Good deal from Amazon.

Hue Hub.
    3rd gen. Echo Dot.
    £90.

E27 Kit

B22 Kit
    Ordered 3 sets.

Possibility of a few Dots and hubs going up on Adverts in the next week or so! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

3 Hue GU10's on amazon for £44.99
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-White-Ambience-3-Pack-GU10/dp/B076C2J837?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_8e839926_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

folks, one thing, bear in mind if everyone buys deals that include dots with the intention of flogging on adverts then there will be a lot of dots on adverts and the prices will crash. as it is they are only 25 on amazon anyway, you'd need to sell for less than that on adverts. worth considering when buying these bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Typical black froday comes around a week before pay day, do the items stay at reduced price or do they sell out etc?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

E27/B22/GU10 starter kits are £80

3 colour bulbs (E14/E27/B22) ~ £67.50

• Advertisement

[URL="Philips Hue White Ambience 3-Pack (GU10) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076C2J837/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Z8M7Bb8XMC5D2"]Philips Hue White Ambience 3-Pack (GU10) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076C2J837/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Z8M7Bb8XMC5D2[/URL]

Picked up 2 packs of the 3 GU10's for £44. Good deal.

They wouldn't allow me to add more than 2 into the basket. Had to order either stuff to get the 2 sets! Anyone ever had this issue?

Is the 3 pick of E27 the latest gen?
    [URL="Philips Hue White and Colour Ambience 3-Pack (B22) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HHRCCVZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kaN7BbXS8SFHG"]Philips Hue White and Colour Ambience 3-Pack (B22) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HHRCCVZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kaN7BbXS8SFHG[/URL]

BobbyT28

Advertisement