Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great bargain, you lucky divil!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭limnam

Wow, that has to be in the top 5 bargains found, albeit quite localized.

nice!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Hue E27 colour bulb twin pack down to £66 on Amazon

Hue E27 starter kit + dimmer switch down to £124 on Amazon, add in an Echo Dot for £150

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Tried the Woodies in Kilkenny but couldn't find any €3 bulbs :( but picked up (what I think) was the last Hue Iris for €50 so happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Philips hue range not reduced in Woodies Blanchardstown. There was a lot of Philips downlighters reduced...half price I think but not hue. There wasn't a lot of hue stock either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭tnegun

I picked up some bulbs and remotes from Woodies in Lucan still marked at full price but was 50% off at the till. Still had 3/4 remote/bulb combos left and a few starter packs too.
    edit:
    Just to note that these aren't in the lighting section but in a security/automation one beside the paints! Was the same spot in Woodies Naas Rd but they only had starter packs left.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Only a handful of starter kits left at Carrickmines, €56

Nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mickthewig

Anyone spot any deals on light switches with a built-in PIR? I think they're called occupancy sensors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Apparently Tesco have Hue white bulbs for 19.95 and Dimmer kits for 24.95

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Rew wrote: »
    Apparently Tesco have Hue white bulbs for 19.95 and Dimmer kits for 24.95

That’s a good price for the dimmer kit, but I believe Argos do the white only bulbs for about €19

Having said that I can never ever buy a white only bulb for again as they’ll never be as cheap as the 4 I got yesterday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

fletch wrote: »
    Philips hue range not reduced in Woodies Blanchardstown. There was a lot of Philips downlighters reduced...half price I think but not hue. There wasn't a lot of hue stock either.

They are , just not marked on the shelf . I picked up 2 Iris and a Bloom yesterday .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

gizabeer wrote: »
    They are , just not marked on the shelf . I picked up 2 Iris and a Bloom yesterday .

Nope but they'll reduce at the the till.

Woodies Sandyford had 1 Iris and a handful of starter kits and dimmer kits (dimmer kits €22), not far of Amazon specials, would never pay full price there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Woodies in kilkenny still had alot of Philips hue products left on shelf today (with light switches and sockets not lightbulbs) all half price at till. Picked up a few dimmer kits. now I have whole house (small cottage) fitted with hue bulbs

(with light switches and sockets not lightbulbs

Unbelievable! Might explain why they didn’t sell in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Woodies in Athlone had nothing. Asked one of the lads on the floor who told me it's years since they stocked any Philips lighting products

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Woodies in Athlone had nothing. Asked one of the lads on the floor who told me it's years since they stocked any Philips lighting products

same, checked it the other day, to fancy for us in the midlands...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

guys the missus bought the white hue ones in woodies yesterday.got yesterday for 58 euro so if anyone wants them for the same price or swap.got the e27 when infact i needed the b22.box only opened to check.would prefer a swap if possible but will take same price i payed for them.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Just get some adapters, Ikea do them.

morritty wrote: »
    Just get some adapters, Ikea do them.

any light shop have them maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Maybe, all else fails, Amazon do have them

Edit: Woodies too

• Advertisement

Same for Woodies in Clonmel

Just an update, Clonmel have 2 dimmers packs and a number of screw cap bulbs - over in Light Switches Section (previously looked in the wrong place)

ya going to get them now thanks

only setup 2 bulbs so far and kids love them especially using with alexa.great fun i think i have got the bug now.colour bulbs are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

Just picked this up. Offer valid through to 15 Nov

All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Black + Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit E27 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H31LD3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hZB5Bb9H1B3AZ

Also have White starter kit & Dot for £59.99

All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Black + Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit E27 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H31LD3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hZB5Bb9H1B3AZ

i was just gonna get this but...is it a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭THE ALM

that's a good deal

i was just gonna get this but...is it a good deal?

Works out at £30 each for the bulbs & £20 for the new Echo Dot, and the hub for free.

The twin pack bulbs are £65 atm & the new Dot is £50

Works out at £30 each for the bulbs & £20 for the new Echo Dot, and the hub for free.

The twin pack bulbs are £65 atm & the new Dot is £50

What was the € conversion as amazon seem to add a bit extra

What was the € conversion as amazon seem to add a bit extra

I have my card set up to pay in Sterling, so Amazon don't get their conversion rate, & the only extra Amazon added was the difference in the VAT. Total was £81.98.

I won't see how much in Euro until it comes up on my Credit card.

Actually, the B22 Colour Twin Pack is £73.81 atm. E27s are £64.99. Make sure you get the bulb type you want. The deal is the same for E27 & B22.

• Advertisement

I have my card set up to pay in Sterling, so Amazon don't get their conversion rate, & the only extra Amazon added was the difference in the VAT. Total was £81.98.

I won't see how much in Euro until it comes up on my Credit card.

Actually, the B22 Colour Twin Pack is £73.81 atm. E27s are £64.99. Make sure you get the bulb type you want. The deal is the same for E27 & B22.

thanks a lot ill pay with my revoult card for this i think

Advertisement