Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway not selling regular Pepsi

Options
  • 16-04-2018 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

I visited my local Subway and ordered two subs, went to order the drinks and ordered and Pepsi Max and a regular Pepsi and was told that they no longer offer any non-diet drinks. Asked if I could get a Pepsi from the machine, but was told that the machine was also diet-friendly and saw that the regular Pepsi button had been replaced with a second Pepsi Max.

F%ck you Subway. If I want a drink with sugar in it, I will make that decision for myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

My cats breath smells like cat food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It’s probably part of the reason Subway is in decline all over the world. They think they know what people want but they haven’t a fücking breeze. I hate diet drinks with a passion, I’m not on a diet so why the fcuk would I want to drink one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭AllForIt

verycool wrote: »
    My cats breath smells like cat food.

If you cooked a cat would it smell like cat food?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Pepsi is just sad coke

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those pesky people of Subway with their healthy soft drinks. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

They don't serve real bread either. I honestly don't see the attraction eating in subway the taste and texture of their "food" is rank and the smell of it makes me gag whenever I walk past one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

What sort of business meeting went on where the consensus was, let's reduce the choice of product to the customer?

I hate the taste of diet drinks. I don't want to drink them, ever. This is a business turning away customers because it won't sell them a product that the customer wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It’s probably part of the reason Subway is in decline all over the world. They think they know what people want but they haven’t a fücking breeze. I hate diet drinks with a passion, I’m not on a diet so why the fcuk would I want to drink one?

Is it really?

Seems like there's a new one opening up in every street corner tbh.

Imo, all the other delis and what not try to emulate them, badly.

Hard to beat a good subway, meatballs, cheese few pickles and olives and the absolute icing on the cake, jalapenos.

Don't scrimp on the southwest sauce either yo. :cool:

As for the diet drinks, give me coke zero over ordinary coke all day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Brae100 wrote: »

F%ck you Subway. If I want a drink with sugar in it, I will make that decision for myself.

Not under Sharia law you won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Is it really?

Hard to beat a good subway, meatballs, cheese few pickles and olives and the absolute icing on the cake, jalapenos.

Subway Def on the decline, I'm starting to see them close down rather than open up. Even the one in Liffey valley went tits up. Cant beat a burrito, that and chopped (which you can beat) are seemingly still the two massive growth foot joints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ah the good old sugar tax.... Politicians claiming in their infinite wisdom that it's being brought in to try and tackle obesity, when in reality they don't actually give a f*ck about obesity and it's just another form of income. F*cking b*st*rds, hate them, because Lucozade now tastes like donkey pi$$!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

testicles wrote: »
    Sugar tax is the reason. They just couldn't be bothered having different prices for different drinks

Yep that’s why. Tbh the sugar free drinks taste way better imho.

Think of this. You’d have to drink 139 x 330ml cans of zero sugar Coca Cola to match the calories in 1 330ml can of regular Coca Cola and that’s excluding the 29g of sugar.

Type 2 diabetes (reversible condition btw) is bankrupting the HSE. Sugar tax didn’t go far enough imho. Chocolate and fast food should be taxed too.

Think of this. You’d have to drink 139 x 330ml cans of zero sugar Coca Cola to match the calories in 1 330ml can of regular Coca Cola and that’s excluding the 29g of sugar.

Sugar tastes good, ergo, ipso fatso, you're wrong.

Is it really?

Subway is declining hugely. After my non-diet drink trauma I did a bit of reading and discovered that the Subway franchise is in huge decline. This nonsense about not offering non-diet drinks is apparently part of their new mission. Load of old bollocks.

https://nypost.com/2017/10/22/subway-scrambles-to-understand-plunge-in-sales/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I didn't know we had a sugar tax
    Pepsi max is nicer anyway, never liked full sugar drinks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,120 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

#pepsitoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

givyjoe wrote: »
    . Cant beat a burrito, that and chopped (which you can beat) are seemingly still the two massive growth foot joints.

No idea what a growth foot joint is?

Chopped seems to be opening up in place of Subway in a lot of spots but offering the same poor quality food with no providence. .

Type 2 diabetes (reversible condition btw) is bankrupting the HSE. Sugar tax didn’t go far enough imho. Chocolate and fast food should be taxed too.

People need to take responsibility for their own diets

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Won't be having subway again!

Diet drinks are rancid, you can taste the artificial from miles away.

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    I didn't know we had a sugar tax
    Pepsi max is nicer anyway, never liked full sugar drinks

Yes, it will be active from the first of May. A previous poster said that the Subway decision was probably based on avoiding the hassle of pricing their drinks differently. Subway have always had a single price for every drink. Will be interesting to see how McD and BK address this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

jaxxx wrote: »
    Ah the good old sugar tax.... Politicians claiming in their infinite wisdom that it's being brought in to try and tackle obesity, when in reality they don't actually give a f*ck about obesity and it's just another form of income. F*cking b*st*rds, hate them, because Lucozade now tastes like donkey pi$$!

You drank donkey piss? I doff my hat to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Type 2 diabetes (reversible condition btw).

Been there, reversed that and agree with you 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Brae100 wrote: »
    Yes, it will be active from the first of May. A previous poster said that the Subway decision was probably based on avoiding the hassle of pricing their drinks differently. Subway have always had a single price for every drink. Will be interesting to see how McD and BK address this.

To be honest it's not an extreme fee, it's 10c for 330ml and 15c for 500ml. I'd imagine the smart firms who have standardized prices for drinks will simply raise the price of the meal by say 10c to cater for the cost. In essence this just probably damages the diet (****e) drinks, as people will think of the full sugar alternative as more expensive and hence desireable and want that.

They could say +15c for sugar drinks but to be honest I don't see McD or BK as particularly health concious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

I knew a guy once his name was Pepsi....
    A bit of an intriguing geezer..

Always looked like he used talcum powder like snuff or something

I wonder how Pepsi is now.....

anewme wrote: »
    No idea what a growth foot joint is?

Chopped seems to be opening up in place of Subway in a lot of spots but offering the same poor quality food with no providence. .

What I mean is, kind of, an industry or rather specific niches of one in this case growing rapidly.. two of which being burrito places (still) and healthy food options, i.e chopped. Both being food joints.

Edit: I just realised I type foot joint. Valium is kicking in

EPAndlee wrote: »
    People need to take responsibility for their own diets

1000% agree. I'm infuriated by the idea of having to pay more for tasty **** because of people who lack self control In their diet.

I say infuriated, mildly irked probably.

Everyone is paying for the fact Carol from finglas can't keep the wispas out of her mouth

JCX BXC wrote: »
    To be honest it's not an extreme fee, it's 10c for 330ml and 15c for 500ml. I'd imagine the smart firms who have standardized prices for drinks will simply raise the price of the meal by say 10c to cater for the cost. In essence this just probably damages the diet (****e) drinks, as people will think of the full sugar alternative as more expensive and hence desireable and want that.

They could say +15c for sugar drinks but to be honest I don't see McD or BK as particularly health concious.

Ok. If the sugar tax is no real issue, why have Subway stopped offering non-diet drinks? What's the thinking behind it? I'm an adult and am capable of making dietary decisions for myself. What sort of nonsensical food seller has decided what they will or will not sell their product to me? I can no longer buy a Subway meal with a drink. You can have this sandwich as part of a meal, but only if you choose a drink with artificial sweetener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Used to live beside a Subway and was a regular customer. Went in one day and was chatting to the server and mentioned that I had a sore tum.......she refused to add jalapeños :D But guess that's just the joy of small town life lol

Advertisement