Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I see GROW is down too.

Didn't look today but couldn't understand how it could go up as Hive is down now, last quarter might have been ok on the back of Hive but this one isn't looking great for them. It's completely tied to Hives price now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭garrettod

Have been watching the CRH share price fall. It got a glowing recommendation from Davy stock brokers at the start of the year (It was featured on their 2018 "Conviction" list) they reckoned it could go to €37 ... from the €30.50 it was on at the time. It has since fallen to €27.43 .... :rolleyes:

I reckoned the big infrastructure annoucements in the US should have given it a good bounce.

Hi,

Davy's are listed as one of their corporate brokers here .

CRH gets shorted again by Bw on 14th Feb 0.89%. I wouldn't touch it ha.

Where are you getting that info from, if you don't mind me asking ?

Bridgewater and Dalio have taken a lot of short positions in recent months (per Bloomberg), in part because it's been cheap to short, so they only need a relatively small number of their positions to come in, to break even and then profit. However, that's not to say that they don't know something about CRH that I don't etc.

The consolidation of recent acquisitions will result in some cost savings across parts of the group, revenue and earnings were marginally lower than forecast but still ahead per last update, and there's been no scary news headlines for the company that I can think of, so I expect CRH to be doing fine. The lack of significant activity in terms of further acquisitions, should see a mix of debt reduction and possibly a little lift in the dividend, when next results are announced.

Much depends on what someone invests in the share for, if it's short term capital growth then people shorting CRH ain't good; but if it's for an income stream over the next couple of years, then the cheaper the price of the share, the better the potential dividend yield so some people looking for income may be tempted to buy more (assuming CRH continue to trade well and there's no change to their dividend policy).

Hopefully Dalio will get bored and move on soon enough.

Thanks,

G.

I see GROW is down too.

It's taking another run at the wall now, squeeze indicator is telling me it might just make it through this time..

Don't touch dalata with a barge pole, if anything short the hell out of it and set at profit target and get well away from it. You don't want to be holding that stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Don't touch dalata with a barge pole, if anything short the hell out of it and set at profit target and get well away from it. You don't want to be holding that stock.
    Can't say why but just keep away.

Righteo so:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

HIVE traders had weetabix for breakfast lunch and dinner today.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

I have absolutely no reason to doubt you but I have nothing to give me thought through my own research that the company is anything but on a sound footing in the media / news reports either...

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭greenfield21

CRH gets shorted again by Bw on 14th Feb 0.89%. I wouldn't touch it ha.

Before someone corrects me but it looks like the most recent notification to the central authority is the current amount that is shorted. So those different amounts are Bridgewater increasing or decreasing its position over time. I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭littlevillage

CRH share price up 4% in the last three days, soo the short ing is not affecting it very much. In fact when shorts go wrong they can actually drive up the share price cause the Shorters suddenly have to buy lots of shares at whatever price they can, to stop losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

TAW starting commissioning and will be producing early in March.
    Top class management and top class effort during construction phase.
    Very very few projects in the mining industry get built on budget and ahead of schedule.
    So much upside over the next few years.
    4X by end of 2020 my prediction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hoping to buy more TAW over the next few weeks.

HIVE traders had weetabix for breakfast lunch and dinner today.

Short volume is down 42% could be an interesting day. Hasn't been a bad week considering all those cheap shares came out of lock up.

Short volume is down 42% could be an interesting day. Hasn't been a bad week considering all those cheap shares came out of lock up.

Great can I ask the best source for that info for moving forward.

Thanks

Great can I ask the best source for that info for moving forward.

Thanks

https://shortdata.ca/largest-short-positions/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kitchenchair

Anyone here trading on TSX with deGiro? Whats the fee's? I trade on TSX but through my Canadian bank account but just thinking ahead for future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

All fees are listed on the website. Fee schedule

TSX is generally € 2.00 + CAD 0.01 per share. Full fees are listed in the fee schedule.
    Anyone here trading on TSX with deGiro? Whats the fee's? I trade on TSX but through my Canadian bank account but just thinking ahead for future...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Been watching this story since January 2017. It's like Breaking Bad ,but legal!
    This company was granted a licence on Friday. And airmailed 100,000 'units' to a 1.3million sq ft facility on Saturday with space for another 250000 units.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/flying-high-100-000-pot-plants-flown-from-ontario-to-b-c-1.3808316
    Is there any gas left in the tank or has it hit a wall?
    video at the top.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/flying-high-100-000-pot-plants-flown-from-ontario-to-b-c-1.3808316

If I've learned anything from Hive it's the effect of all these extra shares can have from financing deals etc. It has a negative effect on shareholders from all the dilution and these weed companies are all at it, I haven't dug into canopy growth but there's a lot more shares outstanding than 12mts ago. It's great for the business as they can really ramp up production but from a share holders perspective the share price could struggle to get a lot more traction.
    It's the run up to July so I'd say we could see $35+ I'd be weary though and would like to see a full breakdown on all those deals when lock up period expires etc.
    Canopy will get bigger just not convinced the share holders will see the benefits. It's a massive market and they have thousands of patents so who knows probably undervalued at current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Pluristem Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PSTI)

Anyone following?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

garrettod wrote: »
    Bridgewater and Dalio have taken a lot of short positions in recent months (per Bloomberg), in part because it's been cheap to short, so they only need a relatively small number of their positions to come in, to break even and then profit. However, that's not to say that they don't know something about CRH that I don't etc.

The consolidation of recent acquisitions will result in some cost savings across parts of the group, revenue and earnings were marginally lower than forecast but still ahead per last update, and there's been no scary news headlines for the company that I can think of, so I expect CRH to be doing fine. The lack of significant activity in terms of further acquisitions, should see a mix of debt reduction and possibly a little lift in the dividend, when next results are announced.

Much depends on what someone invests in the share for, if it's short term capital growth then people shorting CRH ain't good; but if it's for an income stream over the next couple of years, then the cheaper the price of the share, the better the potential dividend yield so some people looking for income may be tempted to buy more (assuming CRH continue to trade well and there's no change to their dividend policy).

Hopefully Dalio will get bored and move on soon enough.

Bridgewater are shorting the cream of European stocks, somebody (them or us) is going to get burned.

Unilever Netherlands 0.66 1032.5 12-Feb
    Total France 0.72 1017.6 9-Feb
    Siemens Germany 0.86 970.0 1-Feb
    SAP Germany 0.74 925.2 1-Feb
    Allianz Germany 0.87 878.2 1-Feb
    Bayer Germany 0.86 847.4 1-Feb
    Intesa Sanpaolo Italy 1.32 839.5 8-Feb
    BASF Germany 0.84 811.9 1-Feb
    Daimler Germany 0.84 780.0 1-Feb
    Banco Santander Spain 0.69 753.0 12-Feb
    Enel Italy 1.2 697.9 8-Feb
    Eni Italy 1.1 656.0 8-Feb
    BNP Paribas France 0.65 628.6 12-Feb
    Sanofi France 0.64 627.1 12-Feb
    ASML Holding Netherlands 0.65 515.0 12-Feb
    NG Groep Netherlands 0.72 502.5 12-Feb
    AXA France 0.62 458.3 8-Feb
    Deutsche Telekom Germany 0.57 434.2 1-Feb
    Airbus France 0.52 411.6 8-Feb
    BBVA Spain 0.69 397.6 12-Feb
    Vinci France 0.67 389.7 12-Feb
    UniCredit Italy 0.82 386.8 31-Jan
    Air Liquide France 0.71 366.4 8-Feb
    Deutsche Post Germany 0.66 363.7 1-Feb
    Danone France 0.67 352.8 12-Feb
    Adidas Germany 0.75 339.1 1-Feb
    Schneider Electric France 0.66 332.7 12-Feb
    Societe Generale France 0.72 318.5 9-Feb
    Munich Re Germany 0.85 291.9 1-Feb
    Iberdrola Spain 0.61 289.3 12-Feb
    Telefonica Spain 0.6 286.7 12-Feb
    CRH Ireland 0.95 270.8 12-Feb
    Safran France 0.62 268.5 9-Feb
    Fresenius SE Germany 0.63 267.5 1-Feb
    Deutsche Bank Germany 0.78 254.0 1-Feb
    Philips Netherlands 0.73 253.4 12-Feb
    NOKIA Finland 0.8 246.8 8-Feb
    Orange France 0.56 245.9 12-Feb
    Saint-Gobain France 0.71 205.7 12-Feb
    Essilor France 0.71 203.6 8-Feb
    Engie France 0.53 198.2 12-Feb
    Vivendi France 0.56 191.4 12-Feb
    E.ON Germany 0.85 181.3 1-Feb
    Generali Italy 0.6 174.8 5-Jan
    Ahold Delhaize Netherlands 0.58 157.0 12-Feb
    Unibail-Rodamco Netherlands 0.68 155.1 12-Feb
    Atlantia Italy 0.5 123.2 30-Jan
    STMicro France 0.5 97.2 6-Feb
    Snam Italy 0.5 78.0 23-Jan
    Terna Italy 0.5 55.5 11-Jan
    Mediobanca Italy 0.5 53.3 22-Jan
    Prysmian Italy 0.7 49.3 16-Jan
    Moncler Italy 0.5 41.6 22-Jan
    UBI Banca Italy 0.7 38.3 9-Feb
    FinecoBank Italy 0.5 34.4 25-Jan
    Leonardo Italy 0.5 29.9 17-Jan
    Bper Banca Italy 0.8 21.5 12-Feb
    Azimut Italy 0.6 18.6 18-Jan
    Unipol Gruppo Italy 0.5 17.9 16-Jan

ISP thinks the loser will be Bridgewater
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-08/ray-dalio-s-biggest-italian-short-target-intesa-up-for-the-fight

• Advertisement

Well done to anyone who got in on HIVE recently. Thanks to DrunkMonkey for the tip, my favourite and most resourceful boards forum.

Well done to anyone who got in on HIVE recently. Thanks to DrunkMonkey for the tip, my favourite and most resourceful boards forum.

Yea everyone doing well except me:o, Jamie Lanister is probably kicking himself for taking the small boat. Looks like were at the 12th of October again right now it's looking to break out. It done very well to come out the right side of last week with all those cheap shares hitting the market.
    Next bunch is at 2.80 in March. Hopefully well past that by then. I'd love to be day trading this only i'm in to high to free up the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Yeah very happy with how Hive has been going. My timing was mainly luck now i have to admit. I only put in 20% of my available balance at the time with a view to buying more but happy to just let it run for now as is. So could be up 5x times as much but given the volatility in the stock at the time i played it relatively safe and no regrets about that. Might add more if there's any dips in the next week in the run up to results. But would rather just see it rise each day! :)

Was expecting a good day today after the market being closed yday and how well cryptos had done over the long wknd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Pluristem Therapeutics (NASDAQ:PSTI)

Anyone following?

Not sure on the timing of their regulatory approvals but the approach is imo likely to be the real birth of modern medicine. 3 million doses ready to go. Insane money being spent too. Will have to time the entry point well.

Do people think it is worth jumping on the HIVE bandwagon now (around the $2 mark) or has that ship sailed?

Do people think it is worth jumping on the HIVE bandwagon now (around the $2 mark) or has that ship sailed?

I'm still waiting for lower, nothing happening at the moment so it's still drifting, failed to get filled again today had a buy order in a 1.95 will drop that to 1.85 or 1.90 tomorrow.
    Anything under two is a bargain.

I'm still waiting for lower, nothing happening at the moment so it's still drifting, failed to get filled again today had a buy order in a 1.95 will drop that to 1.85 or 1.90 tomorrow.
    Anything under two is a bargain.

Yeah I was wondering whether to hold out to 1.90 myself. Thanks for the reply.

I missed out on 1.80 as was hiding in the bushes at 1.70, 1.85 and i'd be happy, there's no catalyst to drive the price up at the moment so it could happen. Possibly at start of trading tomorrow.

I missed out on 1.80 as was hiding in the bushes at 1.70, 1.85 and i'd be happy, there's no catalyst to drive the price up at the moment so it could happen. Possibly at start of trading tomorrow.
    I have my order in anyways and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Can I ask a complete newb question, and probably a personal one at that - but how many shares do people generally buy when trading €1.50 - €2 shares?

Sorry if that’s like asking how much someone’s take home pay is, but I’m still learning the ropes and just wanted a gauge of things

Thanks

Advertisement