Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Options
  • 09-09-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

The wait is nearly over. It's time for the next delicious installment of The Ultimate Tournament: Diabetes Trilogy. We've previously crowned champions in the Ultimate Chocolate Bar Tournament and the Ultimate Crisp Tournament. Now it's time to crown a new King. Scores of biscuits are going to enter the BoardsDome but only one is going to be crowned Ireland's Ultimate Biscuit.

Editor_attach_1340026359_842.gif

If you haven't participated in one of these yet, I fully encourage you to give it a shot. You'll find yourself getting ridiculously passionate and aggressive about seemingly everyday things. I've had my entire family threatened over Hula Hoops and I don't regret it at all. What we do is have an FA Cup style knockout competition where one snack is pitted against the other and people say why they like what they like or why they hate (and I do mean hate) what they don't. Have a look at the links to the other tournaments above for a taste of what's to come. Also, puns are welcome. Then back here because the first match will be up soon.....

Mod Note

Mods are giving everyone a lot of leeway with regards to slating each other over biscuit preferences in this thread, but people will be thrown out AND/OR the thread will be shut down if overkill continues; and cards will be issued thereafter.

Original note: here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

All biscuits these days are ****e since they started adding palm oil to the mix. Pointless tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yay! No voting til after 5 please.

Can't wait to see what the Chickatee morons will be passionate about, no doubt a stale Marietta.

All biscuits these days are ****e since they started adding palm oil to the mix. Pointless tournament.

Then you have never experienced the beauty of a Centra Inspired range chocolate chip biscuit or even a humble custard cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You're right. Tournament over. Last one out knock off the lights. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Can't wait to see what the Chickatee morons will be passionate about, no doubt a stale Marietta.

A cream cracker, eaten in the cubicle when you’ve pushed out a “brown trout” and had a fap.

• Advertisement

A cream cracker, eaten in the cubicle when you’ve pushed out a “brown trout” and had a fap.

Post number 6 is where the w*nking and sh*tting gets its first mention. Impressive that things have degenerated this much already. A new record.

Needs more "inverted commas" with a side serving of multiple personality disorder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yay!

Just finishing off a Coffee Caramel Digestive. Had no idea of their existence until recently - but yum yum yum!

Other people's idea of hell, I'm sure. And that's what makes this thread so great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You work in IT as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Omackeral wrote: »
    Post number 6 is where the w*nking and sh*tting gets its first mention. Impressive that things have degenerated this much already. A new record.

The fact that he managed to get **** and ****ting into a thread about biscuits deserves an honourable mention in its self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What's wrong with Mariettas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

See, this is going to be complicated. Take the humble custard cream for example. Most of them? Grand. Aldi? Amazing. How do we factor that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Chocolate hobnobs are the nicest around. Aldi ones are dangerously addictive.

Autosport wrote: »
    What's wrong with Mariettas :P

I'm definitely puking in your car now!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Custard Creams ftw!!

Nothing like them with a cup of tea.

You can keep all your fancy sh1te away from my biscuit tin.

Partial to plain digestives and choc chip cookies as well.

And of course the good ol' Jam and Cream. Not Jammie Dodgers. Poor poor substitute for the classic.

What biscuits were you eating to cause this nausea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Only palm oil you appreciate is the stuff left on your palm after you've taken your leathery auld todger for a lubed-up runaround.

Is it too early for insults?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Only palm oil you appreciate is the stuff left on your palm after you've taken your leathery auld todger for a lubed-up runaround.

Is it too early for insults?
    Never too early for poetry like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Steady on there Deebles we haven't even found a biscuit to fight about yet!!

Here's the rules for Round 1

1. Each match is made using a Random Number Generator.

2. You must give a reason for your choice or it won't count. It's more fun this way. Some people cast a vote with just their choice and then go back to edit it and include a choice. This is allowed once your post is edited by the time the count begins i.e. fairly quickly.

3. The first biscuit to receive 8 votes goes through to the next round.

• Advertisement

You won't get your rear end near my vehicle :D.

Marietta with butter :)

Toffypops gets my vote

Delicious mix of chocolate and toffee and so easily addictive :)

See, this is going to be complicated. Take the humble custard cream for example. Most of them? Grand. Aldi? Amazing. How do we factor that in?

You are free to rank the biscuit according to it's worst or best incarnation. Could make for some interesting insights tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Necro wrote: »
    Steady on there Deebles we haven't even found a biscuit to fight about yet!!
    Partial to plain digestives

I'm fuming over this one already.

Lets do this!

Autosport wrote: »
    Toffypops gets my vote

Delicious mix of chocolate and toffee and so easily addictive :)

I class Toffypops as fancy sh1te. Wouldn't even consider them when shopping in the biscuit aisle tbh.

Jaffa cakes are definitely cakes and should be struck out as eligible for this competition. No way a biscuit.

Not even nice either.

I'm fuming over this one already.

Lets do this!

What's wrong with plain digestives? The ultimate in dunkability :D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Jaffa cakes are definitely cakes and should be struck out as eligible for this competition. No way a biscuit.

Not even nice either.

They're evil

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Not even nice either.

I don't mind them actually. But again wouldn't buy them. If they appear in the house though they'd get eaten.

• Advertisement

I class Toffypops as fancy sh1te. Wouldn't even consider them when shopping in the biscuit aisle tbh.

Your loss :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement