Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Dardania wrote: »
    just out of curiosity would you mind letting know when it arrives, as I recently entered GC, and from experiencing their delays with crediting flights, I want to keep an eye out that they have me set up correctly

I'm a bit suspicious that they mightn't have, as when I go to their old site:

http://classic.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01im1/bookonline/myAerlingus.do

it shows the correct, almost up to date points, but still as applicant

Normally they are sent around the 21st/22nd or thereabouts... I'm keeping a careful eye on my points at the moment with the crossover to aer club. I should have collected 800 points in the last month as all my flights qualified for points but I've only been credited with 300 so far!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

lfc200 wrote: »
    I should have collected 800 points in the last month as all my flights qualified for points but I've only been credited with 300 so far!

Normal service is resumed I see..

Normal service is resumed I see..

Absolutely standard from month to month... If you didn't keep a track on points I personally could lose out on 1500-2000 per year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Absolutely standard from month to month... If you didn't keep a track on points I personally could lose out on 1500-2000 per year.

Thats why about a year ago I started holding onto all my boarding cards (as the 053 e-ticket number wasn't in the confirmation emails), until I actually saw the points for that particular flight on a statement.

Thats why about a year ago I started holding onto all my boarding cards (as the 053 e-ticket number wasn't in the confirmation emails), until I actually saw the points for that particular flight on a statement.

I do the exact same! Work book all my flights so the email I'm sent generally doesn't contain the eticket numbers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

AerClub now delayed until late 2016...Id say you would be lucky to see it live in 2016 at all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

I agree with this, I seem to be okay with all flights leaving Dublin but real hit and miss with the return flights from everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I agree with this, I seem to be okay with all flights leaving Dublin but real hit and miss with the return flights from everywhere.
    that seems to be the issue for me too

just emailed them to ask where my statement is - lets see if I get sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,571 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, how does it work with the old free flights? I've more than 6,000, which is enough to get to The States. However, I was gonna use them to got to Spain recently, and I couldn't. There were seats on the flight, though. I had to pay for them.

What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Phone is your friend, always call

There is a limited allocation per flight which when used up is gone. If you phone they can release more seats if the flight isn't likely to be fully booked

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Lads, how does it work with the old free flights? I've more than 6,000, which is enough to get to The States. However, I was gonna use them to got to Spain recently, and I couldn't. There were seats on the flight, though. I had to pay for them.

What gives?

I tried to use mine but it seem pointless, I had over 4000 and all i was going to save on an american flight was €50 so i cashed them in for Arnotts vouchers €400.

I've heard the best use for points on flights is the upgrade on american flights.

another email to say the new loyalty scheme is not starting this year, a bit of cock-up by aer lingus....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

another email to say the new loyalty scheme is not starting this year, a bit of cock-up by aer lingus....

Well, GC is comically badly run....why change that now?

It looks like its an awfully manual scheme for them to administer - word doc for the statements?

Has anyone received their statements yet?
    I got the email saying about a further delay to aer club but no statement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Dardania wrote: »
    It looks like its an awfully manual scheme for them to administer - word doc for the statements?

It is no investment in the thing since 1987 like!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭steve-o

Has anyone received their statements yet?
    I got the email saying about a further delay to aer club but no statement!
    Still no statement for me. They come at random times... I looked back in my mailbox and they have varied from 11th to 29th (so we have a new record!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭endagibson

Received my statement this morning. I have about 4,500 points. I see where I can book flights or upgrades, but the flights don't seem like great value and I'm rarely flying anywhere that offers upgrades. What else can you spend points on and where can you do it?

Got my statement today too.

Even though I do return flights every single week, almost all of which I book as plus fare, and all of which i check in for using the same process on the app, only three flights appear on the statement.

Now i have to go and check them all. Does this happen much? I've been suspicious about how slowly my balance seems to increase before.

Meanwhile, I did phone about which flights to the U.S. i might qualify for. Still waiting on my call back last Monday.

This is a frequent issue - they even ask people to report the flights and mark them as F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Even though I do return flights every single week, almost all of which I book as plus fare, and all of which i check in for using the same process on the app, only three flights appear on the statement.

Now i have to go and check them all. Does this happen much? I've been suspicious about how slowly my balance seems to increase before.

Meanwhile, I did phone about which flights to the U.S. i might qualify for. Still waiting on my call back last Monday.

My statement also came this morning.

You have to watch your account balance after each flight. I generally find that flights ex Dublin allocate the points but flights to Dublin don't seem to register and you have to manually enter it. You can do this for up to three months.

If your flying each week on plus fares you should be earning more than enough points to obtain gold circle status.

Me too.
    Plus fares starting with some codes (W,A,Z,U, and T) do not post automatically because the mighty Gold Circle computer can't cope (the same fare codes earn no points if you don't buy Plus), so you always have to claim them after. It's been like this since they invented Plus fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

steve-o wrote: »
    Me too.
    Plus fares starting with some codes (W,A,Z,U, and T) do not post automatically because the mighty Gold Circle computer can't cope (the same fare codes earn no points if you don't buy Plus), so you always have to claim them after. It's been like this since they invented Plus fares.

Ah so that's the reason why!

steve-o wrote: »
    Me too.

Each of the three I have been kindly awarded this month are one leg of a return leg - either out or back - but both legs use the same code, don't they?

I fully believe you, but I feel there's something else not right here.

Edit: My mistake they are all out of Dublin.

Each of the three I have been kindly awarded this month are one leg of a return leg - either out or back - but both legs use the same code, don't they?
    Nope, each leg can (and usually does) have a different code.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I can't seem to find where on the website you can book flights using points, is that section down? Or is there a table that shows what points are required for different flights?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Guys does anyone know whats going on with Catering in EI? I know last year there was some problems which I believe was down to staff shortage ? But why am I hearing that the same problems are occurring again this year?
    Last summer I flew short haul with EI on an aircraft that had no catering, Ok it was a shot flight and I got over it, I understood it was due to a staff shortage in Dublin catering, these things happen sometime i thought and I got on with my life!
    Now Im hearing they are having the same or similar issues this year? And there are no where near enough fresh options(sandwiches etc.) being loaded for the busy sun routes.
    Every week I come on here and read a new article about the investment IAG want to make in expanding EI, how much potential there is, the possibility of X,Y and Z new type of aircraft etc. But all I see is empty talk, from Stephen Kavanagh or Willie Walsh!!
    Am I imagining it or has the quality of the EI brand slipped downhill slightly?
    Whats going on? I constantly hear complaints about things like cleaning and catering, and while on the grand scale of things they are minor issues I can't help but feel the minor issues eventually lead to deterioration of standards and service! ?
    All this is happening while Ryanair are going from strength to strength, and the boys in EI seem to making more cuts than ever before? Or am i wrong?
    I pick this catering issue as I have heard numerous complaints about lack of food on short haul flights, Ive experience as crew and so I understand its difficult to predict and cater for demand, but surly if this is a re-occuring issue then someone in EI would have the foresight to do something and realise the loss of inflight revenue if nothing else ?
    Is this problem over stated? Or have the errors from last summer been amended ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Razor44 wrote: »
    Iv the same feeling about EI, I have a feeling the CEO is penny wise and pound foolish. I know my opinion is based on colloquial information, but it seems to be a constant undercurrent to EI's recent success.
    I just feel that over the years of Low cost operation, throughout the tough years of greenfield etc. EI never made the customer experience suffer, despite the tough cuts staff went through etc. Customers in my opinion never suffered, you always felt looked after and you felt a certain element of quality to the service provided by EI. It was low cost but it was low cost done very well.
    Since Muller left I feel this aspect of EI has deteriorated, to me things feel more low cost and half an effort is being made etc. Maybe it's just me!
    Another example is the circus that is the new frequent flyer set up !! I mean what sort of message are they actually sending to loyal customers ? It's a joke! The customer aspect is slipping away from the once excellent brand .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Noxegon

Locker10a wrote: »
    Am I imagining it or has the quality of the EI brand slipped downhill slightly?

No, it's not your imagination.

In the last few months I've flown American, BA, Biman Bangladesh, Emirates, Lufthansa, NovoAir, Oman Air, Ryanair, and Transavia – and the onboard experience in all cases has been better than EI.

IMHO you can summarise what's happened to EI lately by the fact that they're using the low cost (MP2) terminal in Marseille, and they aggressively try to sell in flight shopping at 6:30am.

Enjoy your flight!

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Advertisement