Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Murrayboy

I heard of a Sue Ellen and Bobby once. Heard the Ma roaring it down Quinsworth aisle years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Murrayboy wrote: »
    I heard of a Sue Ellen and Bobby once. Heard the Ma roaring it down Quinsworth aisle years ago

I don't mind Bobby. I have a friend who has a son called Bobby. He's about 4 and was not very happy when a little girl in his play school kept mistakenly calling him Barbie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kids were watching a tv show this morning and one of the kids on it was called Honey Bee....bad but still not as bad as Saidbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Samson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Maddox, thought I misheard, but the ma said it a few times, over the course of getting the little bollox to behave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Kids were watching a tv show this morning and one of the kids on it was called Honey Bee....bad but still not as bad as Saidbh.

My eldest daughter's name is Sadhbh and you and I are no longer friends :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Is that Sophie in "English" (I believe Sophie is a Greek name)?

Hard one for "foreigners" to pronounce alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There is something I really dislike about the name Kyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

Maddox, thought I misheard, but the ma said it a few times, over the course of getting the little bollox to behave.

Isn't one of Angelina jollies children called that?

Pat - I pat my dog.

I knew a guy called Valentine Fynes. My mother knew a guy called Valentine Harte. But who calls a son Valentine?!

I took a seven year old cat off my friend. His name is Corey. I thought her 11 year old daughter must have named him after some pop star or actor. Turns out no, she was going to name daughter "Corey" if she was a boy! Only 18 years ago. I think Corey is a "cute" name. Great for a big, stupid ginger cat, or a little toddler boy. Like Poppy, Daisy, Holly and other names, looks great on a baby or an old person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I knew a guy called Valentine Fynes. My mother knew a guy called Valentine Harte. But who calls a son Valentine?!

I took a seven year old cat off my friend. His name is Corey. I thought her 11 year old daughter must have named him after some pop star or actor. Turns out no, she was going to name daughter "Corey" if she was a boy! Only 18 years ago. I think Corey is a "cute" name. Great for a big, stupid ginger cat, or a little toddler boy. Like Poppy, Daisy, Holly and other names, looks great on a baby or an old person.

Val Doonican?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Val Doonican?

Guess you can be Val. I still think it's not a decent name for a kid!

In my grandad's family we have a Wilfred, Harold and Alphonsus. Sometimes family names have to die!

Always thought if I had a son I would call him James but since my dad died I reckon obliged to call him baby Frank. Yikes. Good luck son.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

The girl I sit next to at work, her daughter is called Abcd. It is pronounced Abb see dee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

We should call all kids Poo-Stench until they're 25. Little Poo-Stench O'Hara. Takes after his grand-uncle. He loves his play kitchen.

Learn 'em some manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

It's one of my favourite names! Absolutely love it!

My mum had a baby when I was fifteen. She was the youngest of seven, and my mum really had no interest in her, so she was happy for me to basically be her mammy, do all the feeding and nappies etc! She also said I could choose her name, I chose Sadhbh, but my mum wouldn't agree to it. So then we agreed on "Ayveen" but couldn't find the right Irish spelling for it ... I don't like Aoibheann, it is often pronounced Ayveen but it should be more like Even! Meanwhile, my uncle Aidan got wind that we'd decided to call her Aideen, after him, and he was absolutely delighted! So we were stuck with that then, except my mum insisted on an Irish spelling - Éadaoin. No one ever spells it right. Ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Norbert or Nobby for short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Whispered wrote: »
    There is something I really dislike about the name Kyle.

Jeremy ? :)

LordSutch wrote: »
    Jeremy ? :)

Don't like that name very much either. :)

Well exactly, Jeremy Kyle!

Can't stand him myself.

With you on that. I dated a Jeremy. It's not a name for an adult man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

noveltea wrote: »
    The girl I sit next to at work, her daughter is called Abcd. It is pronounced Abb see dee.

One of the biggest urban legends out there. If you google this hundreds of articles come up. It's a hoax, it's not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Ah no its true. Now I live in Canada and the girl I sit next to is Filipino, so fair enough it's not an Irish person called it. I also did not realize how her kid spelt her name until recently as we were talking about how Irish names were spelt and then she spelt out her daughters name.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

noveltea wrote: »

So, her name sounds close to, but not the same as, the first four letters of the english alphabet. First world problem for you.

I'll say Peig, before some idiot says Pig.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    One of the biggest urban legends out there. If you google this hundreds of articles come up. It's a hoax, it's not true.

Along with La-a

Pronounced Ladasha. The hyphen being a dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,609 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

WhiteRoses wrote: »

The name is actually abcde (so add an extra letter) and is a legitimate name.

o1s1n wrote: »
    The name is actually abcde (so add an extra letter) and is a legitimate name.

Pronounced like obesity? I'm saying abcde aloud and that's what i'm hearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Friend's sister called their son Rohan.

The place in Middle Earth from Lord of the Rings.

valoren wrote: »

Or after Johnny Rohan?

valoren wrote: »

It's also a surname and a form of the name "Rowan". Refers to red hair or a red berries on a tree or similar. It was on our list of names when I was pregnant. Although we went with something different in the end :)

• Advertisement

snor wrote: »
    Friend called her daughter Luna. Poor child.

If that child had been in school in the early 1970s she might well have earned the nickname name 'Module". . . . .

After the Lunar Module :)

I guess you'd have to ne of certain age to appreciate that.

Advertisement