Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

johnplayer wrote: »
    Not sure if you are having a dig at me there 😉 and I'm guessing you too have more then a passing interest going by calling yourself after a set of industry standard cans but without exposing myself too much I can say yes I've worked in Radio but it's been quite a few years ago . I've not worked on the Air so I'm slow criticise people who do . But I still maintain that the emptiest vessels make the most noise .
    explains the racket on tipp fm

The empty vessel syndrome is alive and kicking. There are two kinds of people, people who talk and people who do. The people who talk won't put themselves out there to be criticised but instead wait to criticise every move of the people who do.
    For the most part the people who do are too busy to hear the criticism anyhow so it doesn't really matter a whole lot to them.
    From what i have read of this you criticize anyone who does not like tipp fm. why don't you go on air. as for the people who do are too busy... too busy massaginging stats i would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Oh oh did I strike a nerve :-) relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Not sure if you are having a dig at me there 😉 and I'm guessing you too have more then a passing interest going by calling yourself after a set of industry standard cans but without exposing myself too much I can say yes I've worked in Radio but it's been quite a few years ago . I've not worked on the Air so I'm slow criticise people who do . But I still maintain that the emptiest vessels make the most noise .

I wasn't having a dig at all....I was just asking a question..I don't understand the squiggles after the word "there "...Have you ever heard of a Yamaha DT100 Motorbike? I didn't mean to upset you at all.

Oh oh did I strike a nerve :-) relax
    that is your thing bait and run. you keep repeating it trying to wind up people. you need to grow up

• Advertisement

I'm not baiting anyone and I'm certainly not running. This is a forum people have different opinions which we're all entitled to. You signed up a week ago and the sum total of your contribution to this thread is some rubbish about massaging figures. It's amazing a newbie found his way on here and got upset by something I posted, just how new are you :-)

I'm not baiting anyone and I'm certainly not running. This is a forum people have different opinions which we're all entitled to. You signed up a week ago and the sum total of your contribution to this thread is some rubbish about massaging figures. It's amazing a newbie found his way on here and got upset by something I posted, just how new are you :-)
    reported to mods

JuneJones wrote: »
    reported to mods

Good man :-)

DT100 wrote: »
    I wasn't having a dig at all....I was just asking a question..I don't understand the squiggles after the word "there "...Have you ever heard of a Yamaha DT100 Motorbike? I didn't mean to upset you at all.

I thought the DT in your username meant you signed up after a skinful, so that means I know nothing about radio or motor bikes :-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Enough of the childish behavior and bickering. Please get back on topic. If you have a problem with a particular post, report it and leave it. I've issued a number of warnings on this thread and bans will be given if this continues.

• Advertisement

Ok Mr.G sorry if offence was taken, none was meant.

When Tipp FM was merged/taken over by Clare FM,they said they would share costs in non broadcasting areas.I see that some weekend programmes go across both stations.I think that would be sharing costs in broadcasting?It wouldn't surprise me,to see,at some stage in the future,that Tipp FM would broadcast mainly from its studios in Nenagh...and just have an office base in Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Then the banner-ification of Tipp FM will be complete

Which is more important? Listened yesterday or Market Share. I see in the latest JNLR that Clare FM beats Tipp FM on 'listened yesterday' but Tipp FM has a greater 'market share'.

In laymans terms please, which station is performing better?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Market share is by far the most important thing for all stations as it simply measures the time spent listening . Dipping in and out of TippFM is ultimately of no benifit to the station. Share indicates the loyalty to the daily output and obviously all targeted advertising is more likely to reach its intended audience as listeners stay with you longer . Creating new audience is the battle for most stations because the likes of Tipp ( while the news today is promising ) need to attract new listeners and can't depend solely in the already converted . They will be crunching quarter hours on all shows and seeing where improvements can be made .

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

probably not the correct thread but please move,,,,

does anyone on here living in the clonmel area have dab reception?

thanks

Roy

Two new presenters on Tipp FM breakfast show.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalmation 1

Two new presenters on Tipp FM breakfast show.

http://radiotoday.ie/2015/03/tipp-fm-serve-up-all-new-breakfast-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

Not a new show I'd guess . Just someone filling in for holidays .

The breakfast show still reminds me of miserable primary school mornings.

When we'd get into the car at 8.30, the station was switched from R1 to Tipp FM for the obituaries.

School and the rollcall of death... pure misery!

• Advertisement

Not a new show I'd guess . Just someone filling in for holidays .

Did you read the link Dalmation posted?...New programme name,new presenters..They seem to have a problem at breakfast..They change a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

See from a report on tipp fm site 3 july Pat English is still mayor of clonmel

Headline - Tipperary is in No Mans Land when it comes to job creation

...Mayor of Clonmel Pat English says they will redouble their efforts to attract inward investment to the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

cannotcope wrote: »
    See from a report on tipp fm site 3 july Pat English is still mayor of clonmel

Headline - Tipperary is in No Mans Land when it comes to job creation

...Mayor of Clonmel Pat English says they will redouble their efforts to attract inward investment to the area

Just a mistake..I suppose it happens...

I am sure the Munster final coverage will be top notch,as are all the games, they bring to us live...

They had a good Munster Final preview show from Thurles last night.

When it comes to broadcasting in Tipperary latest IPSO MRBI/JNLR figures show that Tipp FM has the lion's share of listeners at 42 percent.

That's greater than RTE, 2 Fm and Today Fm's combined share of the Premier County's radio listenership.

The figures also show that 44 thousand people tune into Tipp Fm on any given day.

General Manager Fran Curry says Tipp Fm's just going from strength to strength.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

It looks as if Aidan Macs been dispensed with once again. He's definitely the housewives favourite. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

It looks as if Aidan Macs been dispensed with once again. He's definitely the housewives favourite. Wonder what's going on behind the

It seems from other social media that they cant afford to pay him...Last week they were boasting about how many listeners they had..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭Xenophile

When it comes to broadcasting in Tipperary latest IPSO MRBI/JNLR figures show that Tipp FM has the lion's share of listeners at 42 percent.

That's greater than RTE, 2 Fm and Today Fm's combined share of the Premier County's radio listenership.

The figures also show that 44 thousand people tune into Tipp Fm on any given day.

General Manager Fran Curry says Tipp Fm's just going from strength to strength.

Can you send a link.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

The guy doing the morning chat show on Tipp FM ,will do his final show next week...There seems to be a bit of a clare out going on.

Advertisement