Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

sryanbruen wrote: »

Like come on? Leave zombies to Treyarch and Infinity Ward bring back Spec Ops!

Zombies saved COD in so many ways, some people only buy the game for that mode alone. It's no surprise the other teams are ripping off Treyarch, but yeah I agree with you it should be kept to Trey let the others find their own alternate mode.

Spec Ops was that co-op mode from the MW games right? I liked that was a change from the MP, same way I like that alien mode Ghosts had (which had a few things I wish Zombies had), it's nice to have another game mode that isn't PVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,123 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just my tuppence worth. If there are backpacks, wall-running or anything like that, I will pass thanks.

Call me old-fashioned but get the basics right, i.e. maps, spawning and appropriately powered weapons and that's probably all any CoD fan wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just my tuppence worth. If there are backpacks, wall-running or anything like that, I will pass thanks.

Call me old-fashioned but get the basics right, i.e. maps, spawning and appropriately powered weapons and that's probably all any CoD fan wants.

But they are covering both bases with both futuristic in IW and boots on the ground with MW1, I think the reason for so many dislikes is more to do with not being able to buy MW1 separately so people think by disliking the trailer on YouTube will force Activision to make it available separately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I'd bet anything that sometime in 2017, cod4 will go on general sale. Makes no sense for them to leave it behind the full paywall of infinite warfare forever. They'll use it to help boost initial sales of the game, then when the hype dies down a few months later, release it on it's own.
    As for the trailer, the tiny bit of exo jumping or whatever you want to call it looked very like black ops 3, same kind of flow and momentum. I'd be fine with that, I really like the movement in black ops 3. Ill be paying no attention to the number of dislikes a small trailer of the campaign has, it was more a bandwagon jumping dislike than anything. I'm looking forward to the new game, infinity ward have made my favourite cods thus far, they always have great hit detection and connection

Very true! I'd say we will get another remaster bundled with Advanced Warfare 2 next year Probably with a remastered MW2. Then I think the 2018 Treyarch release will be a World War 2 Boots on the ground Cod probably WAW2 hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

questions ?

proper servers or that match making crap

Why didn't they just put if up for sale , Remastered that is ...and if you took it you got a discount of there new wonderfully unattractive Infinate cash crop.

Joeface wrote: »
    questions ?

proper servers or that match making crap

Why didn't they just put if up for sale , Remastered that is ...and if you took it you got a discount of there new wonderfully unattractive Infinate cash crop.

...typing this as I actually reinstall old COD4 for a blast form the past :D
    Activision want to sell the new game but because of all the negative feedback that surrounded Ghosts most players were dreading this years release so as an added bonus/marketing ploy they decided to get Ravan Software to do a remastered MW1 and thus boost sales of this years release. If they didn't bundle them imagine the embarrassment to have a remastered game outsell your new edition of Call of Duty. That's why I don't think we will see these unbundled until COD 2017 is released.
    As for dedicated servers, the usual of mixed peer to peer and dedicated servers although Ravan Software have stated they would have dedicate servers

well suppose my uncultured nephew can buy Infinate Warfare and then gift me COD 4 remastered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

So lots of us are dreading this years release after all it's from Infinity Ward, but not the Infinity Ward that gave us Modern Warfare 1 and 2, no this the crowd that gave us Ghosts which was one of the most boring Call of Dutys ever made! The maps were Huge and badly designed, kill streaks were pretty crap and it just did nothing for me! Since then Mark Rubin who was the executive producer of Ghosts has left the studio, Todd Alderman joined from Respawn he was the original IW team and was going to head up the multiplayer development but went back to Respawn after 4 months, which is kind of ominous for the project! Since then they have hired 3 Naughty Dog employees to work on the project.
    So for the last couple of months rumours and speculation have been flying around about what the next Call of Duty will be? Most fans wanted a "boots on the ground" MW4, but a UK magazine TMUK stated that it would be Ghosts 2 then a rumour from an industry insider about the new Nintendo NX console said Call of Duty would be coming to it and it would be called Bloodlines.
    But now an Industry Insider called Shinobi602 who was right about Blops 3 would have cybernetics and wall running stated this years title would be set very far into the future and based around space combat!
    From my point of view this does not bode well for this years release I'd nearly take Ghosts 2 over gravity jumping space wars, if I wanted that I'd play Destiny or Halo! So I'm hoping this rumour will change again, but we should get some campaign footage at E3!
    Maybe that's why Treyarch added on 1000 additional levels they know players will stick with Blops 3 for another year!
    What do you want to see in this years Call of Duty? Would you take a Ghosts 2 or MW4 over the Space Call of Duty ?
    Me personally, although I know it won't happen,a good old 2nd world war shoot it up,

• Advertisement

ooh Remastered Call of Duty 2 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Word at War was the one that got me hooked. Basic killstreaks but it just worked so smoothly.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Word at War was the one that got me hooked. Basic killstreaks but it just worked so smoothly.

Same here great maps great voice acting by Keifer Sutherland MP40 was an overpowered beast, the horror of hearing a bouncing better start to go off! Dogs killsteak really lover that game, even though a bug at the top of prestige one stopped me prestiging twice and sent be back to beginning with all the weapons unlocked including the flamethrower, everyone thought I was hacking! Turned out once I switched to a wired connection I was able to prestige no problem!

Turned out once I switched to a wired connection I was able to prestige no problem!

That's a strange one.

Yeah I also loved the campaign mode and if the hackers hadn't destroyed the multiplayer, I'd still have odd game online.

Blopps was another great title, the campaign wasn't the best but multiplayer was the business. Killstreaks were awesome and claymores actually worked.

Might just throw that on after work:)

So a Cod XP event is being held in September in California in September and one of the events will be the world reveal of multiplayer of Infinate Warfare and COD4 remastered, so doesn't look like we will not be getting the beta in August if at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

:pac:

• Advertisement

A sure the campaign which Kit is doing motion capture should be ok actually thought the Ghosts campaign was pretty good! Also I still think there will be a beta due to target and game pre-order receipts containing a beta cod although I think it will be mid to late September and based on data from that they will be a big old patch on launch day to fix wall glitches weapon issues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

This looks like the most interesting COD since MW2.. The zero g stuff looks great and side missions that are optional too..
    The fact you get COD4 with it means i was probably going to buy it and trade in the main game but i reckon ill actually give it a lash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Very very interesting trailer. Can't wait to see MP, I think its gonna be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Let the haters hate. This looks very good. The space battles seem hectic, the zero-g combat is cool, and it looks amazing. And, as someone pointed out, optional side missions, a you-choose way of playing. It's going to be very different, and if people aren't willing to give it a go, well that's fine, but I'd imagine this will be a very different CoD to the previous ones. And, in fairness, you're getting a brand new game, and a re-master of possibly the best in the series for free. People crying out for CoD to go back to the MW days, and they're giving MW re-mastered for free. So it's two games for 1, whereas Battlefield 1 is a fancier version of their 19xx games, more or less. I'll probably get both, just to see, but i'll also probably bore of Battlefield quickly like I usually do with their games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

And, in fairness, you're getting a brand new game, and a re-master of possibly the best in the series for free. People crying out for CoD to go back to the MW days, and they're giving MW re-mastered for free.

It's not free.

They're forcing you to buy the 'Legacy Edition' to get Modern Warfare included. Which is €25 more than the standard edition in Gamestop or €20 if you buy digitally. That's far from free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's not free.

They're forcing you to buy the 'Legacy Edition' to get Modern Warfare included. Which is €25 more than the standard edition in Gamestop or €20 if you buy digitally. That's far from free.

My bad! Somehow completely forgot that! Derp!

Doesn't change my view though. I'm more than happy to pay and I know that they got 12 out of 13 games more or less right so far (with emphasis on the more, and FU Ghosts MP).

Ha we will see how many kids will take to the slow paced cod4 vs what they have got used to with the jumping boosting wall running on AW and Blops 3 and will get fed up of Cod4 and go to infinite warfare, I still think it's great value I will play both I am willing to give Infinate Warfare the benefit of the doubt and hope that it's good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Well now I can wait till they release it after Christmas as a stand alone game! They'll realise that most of the players who gave them their millions are a bit more mature after 9 years. I for one will be putting my time into BF1.

Well now I can wait till they release it after Christmas as a stand alone game! They'll realise that most of the players who gave them their millions are a bit more mature after 9 years. I for one will be putting my time into BF1.

I've not played much of Battlefield but after seeing some footage of BF1, I think I'll be definitely buying this on release.

It looks fantastic.

I've not played much of Battlefield but after seeing some footage of BF1, I think I'll be definitely buying this on release.

It looks fantastic.

Every video I have seen I am amazed so much that my mouth has been open the entire time! I played BF3/4 but not a lot. I think I'll have 100+ hours the first week! Excited like a kid on Christmas. "It'll be great"

It looks fantastic.
    Every video I have seen I am amazed so much that my mouth has been open the entire time! I played BF3/4 but not a lot. I think I'll have 100+ hours the first week! Excited like a kid on Christmas. "It'll be great"

64959600.jpg

Take it to the Battlefield one threads lads and stop trolling on this thread about it!

Who's trolling??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Call of Duty confirmed on their twitter that if you pre-order Infinite Warfare, you get a Terminal remake bonus map.

Call of Duty confirmed on their twitter that if you pre-order Infinite Warfare, you get a Terminal remake bonus map.

Set on the moon :pac:

dccrJ6O.jpg?1

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Set on the moon :pac:

dccrJ6O.jpg?1

Yeah I know but what's so funny about it?

Infinite Warfare zombies is to be revealed this Tuesday (August 16th).

I forgot to share the Infinite Warfare zombies trailer yesterday. All I can say is that I am speechless about it.

I forgot to share the Infinite Warfare zombies trailer yesterday. All I can say is that I am speechless about it.

Lol in a good way or a bad way???

Lol in a good way or a bad way???

I don't know, it looks similar to Treyarch zombies but the characters look cringy af and the childish theme of it makes you think it is a joke.

I don't know, it looks similar to Treyarch zombies but the characters look cringy af and the childish theme of it makes you think it is a joke.

Yep yet another selling point not to buy. Die hard zombie players might take some offence to the less serious nature of it which is something that will make them not want to buy. Its fine because now I have come to realise that this years COD is definitely going to sh1te.

Yep yet another selling point not to buy. Die hard zombie players might take some offence to the less serious nature of it which is something that will make them not want to buy. Its fine because now I have come to realise that this years COD is definitely going to sh1te.

No it's not! It will still sell a shed lot more then your Battlefield one game!

No it's not! It will still sell a shed lot more then your Battlefield one game!

What are you talking about. Did your dolly fall out of the pram. Look at the trailers with your eyes open this time! Your taking my opinion a bit too personal take a step back there and approach it objectively.

"Cannot wait....Not"

What are you talking about. Did your dolly fall out of the pram. Look at the trailers with your eyes open this time! Your taking my opinion a bit too personal take a step back there and approach it objectively.

"Cannot wait....Not"

You should seriously stick to BF1 threads and stop trolling a thread on a game that is not even out yet, why do you care if it's good or bad if your not going to buy it anyway?
    Ok objectively the single player looks good I thought the Ghost single player campaign was fun! The zombies looks like it's borrowed heavily from Treyarch but doesn't really bother me! What's important to me is the multiplayer and we will see what that is like next month at the COD XP event! So yes my eyes are open but you are hating before seeing even one single frame of video of the Multiplayer! Talk to me next month after we get the MP reveal!

• Advertisement

You should seriously stick to BF1 threads and stop trolling a thread on a game that is not even out yet, why do you care if it's good or bad if your not going to buy it anyway?
    Ok objectively the single player looks good I thought the Ghost single player campaign was fun! The zombies looks like it's borrowed heavily from Treyarch but doesn't really bother me! What's important to me is the multiplayer and we will see what that is like next month at the COD XP event! So yes my eyes are open but you are hating before seeing even one single frame of video of the Multiplayer! Talk to me next month after we get the MP reveal!

There's that thing being repeated by you again I'll ask you a second time who's trolling??? I never even mentioned BF1 in the reply to the zombies video.

I am a COD player who is very upset that the franchise has gone down the swanny the past few years and won't be wasting my time with any future releases because imo the franchise is dead and can only get worse. They are latching onto one of the best fps shooters to ever come out and they are latching onto the success of zombies and will in fact be selling you garbage. You wait till the reveal if you want but I really don't care for it so best of luck, When you get that taste in the back of your throat try and swallow that's what will be left of your pride.

Not a battlefield fanboy? excited like a little kid are we?? I rest my case!

Back on topic interesting view point from Tabor I think players will find it hard to go back to the slower boots on the ground of MW1! Me and my clan will play IW first and see how it goes

Back on topic interesting view point from Tabor I think players will find it hard to go back to the slower boots on the ground of MW1! Me and my clan will play IW first and see how it goes

Yeah, though I much prefer boots on the ground than thrust jumping and wall running, when I go to back to games like Black Ops 2 with boots on the ground, it just feels weird these days.

Not a battlefield fanboy? excited like a little kid are we?? I rest my case!

You are taking what was said completed out of context. What case is that all I see is you being subjective to me liking what I see from battlefield as apposed to not liking what I see from Infinite Warfare.

Trolling, Fan Boy these are things that only a childish person would come up with because of their limited capacity to see past the truth. Why are you being so defensive about a game that hasn't been released. That's a rhetorical question.

When I said approach it objectively I was actually telling you to be quite and not respond. If you think I'm trolling a non response is the only way to deal with it. Of course you would know that if you actually understood your accusation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For me COD is a massive disappointment year on year. The campaigns remain playable enough and always have some great set pieces, but the multiplayer just keeps getting more and more ridiculous - the amount of gadgets and gimmicks is just crazy, and the appearance of the two rival teams in BO3 looks more like Quake III than Call of Duty.

I don't think Battlefield comes into it as they're totally different games, I play BF a lot but I miss the better days of Call of Duty when it was just a straight up arcade shooter. I am really looking forward to the COD4 remaster though.

They're obviously doing something right as the games sell by the bucket load but it really just isn't for me anymore and unfortunately there aren't any solid alternatives that play like the older COD games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Is there any hope at all that the remaster will be made available separately? Have lost complete interest in the futuristic muck that they are peddling these days but would love to go back and play the remastered edition using the ps4 technology. If not unfortunately I'll be turning to bf1... .

Is there any hope at all that the remaster will be made available separately? Have lost complete interest in the futuristic muck that they are peddling these days but would love to go back and play the remastered edition using the ps4 technology. If not unfortunately I'll be turning to bf1... .

It will 100% in future, they always do this.

It will 100% in future, they always do this.

I think if it had been marketed the opposite way. The remastered version as the main release and bonus content of infinite warfare. A hell of lot more sales would be made. I really do think that after Christmas they will release it stand alone (with the ac130 being the trailer) they would be crazy not to especially with how bf1 has gone back to the roots of the WW1 shooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think if it had been marketed the opposite way. The remastered version as the main release and bonus content of infinite warfare. A hell of lot more sales would be made.

I think that's a bit of a dramatic step. They were never going to make billions selling copies of COD4 remastered. The reason the games have gone the way they've gone is because it's become the status quo for the target audience and a massive section of the market would never even have played COD4 or MW2 at this point.

I agree that it will sell well enough sold separately but Infinite Warfare is the bigger game.
    bf1 has gone back to the roots of the WW1 shooter.

More the roots of the modern shooter. It's WW1 themed alright but gameplay wise it's absolutely a modern shooter - fast paced and dominated by automatic weapons.

An actual WW1 FPS game is Verdun - slow, long-range combat, bolt action rifles, trenches zig zagging across desolate landscapes with almost zero cover.

edit: but I'm absolutely thrilled that they've stuck with the historical/modern style and not gone for a modern-future hybrid like COD has.

Cod4 won't be sold separate as Activison will use it to sell more of the new game, expect MW2 or 3 to be bundled with Advanced Warfare next year! It might appeal to a small portion of the cod community who want to play the original games on next gen consoles but most will play Infinate Warfare unless it's a complete disaster and if it is they will go back to playing Black Ops 3 for the year!
    Anyway 2 weeks to go until the Cod XP event and the multiplayer reveal, I would expect if they have any confidence in the game that will get a multiplayer beta shortly after the event!

• Advertisement
Advertisement