Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Of course I didn't because it's an online petition - they're meaningless and achieve nothing other than to give people the vague impression that they're doing something about whatever they're currently annoyed about. If it had 100,000 'signatures' it would still carry zero weight.

Well you are entitled to your opinion...

For example if I hated Advanced Wafare 2 but they were going to give World at War remastered with it I would pay full price for AW2 just so I could play my favourite cod game of all time, I wouldn't be sitting on my hands and signing change.org petitions hoping that it would be a separate release!
    But sure let them dream while the rest of us get on and enjoy playing Cod4 and Infinite Warfare in November!

Well is good to see that you would have a strong backbone. Your tenacity and attitude should be studied for years to come as its outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well is good to see that you would have a strong backbone. Your tenacity and attitude should be studied for years to come as its outstanding.

LOL What do you care anyway your one of those PC master race player's and with the PC release it will probably be pirated and someone will work out a way to bypass the security features on it to play MW1 online that's why there's no beta on PC this time to stop hackers a polling all the secrets for map packs etc. Anyway keep signing those petitions let me know, I will be monitoring the Activison news everyday for the separate release thanks to the petition and for Bobby Kotick to single out Mr Waffles from Ireland as the driving force for the change of policy and driving the release of Cod4 as a standalone game!

LOL What do you care anyway your one of those PC master race player's and with the PC release it will probably be pirated and someone will work out a way to bypass the security features on it to play MW1 online that's why there's no beta on PC this time to stop hackers a polling all the secrets for map packs etc. Anyway keep signing those petitions let me know, I will be monitoring the Activison news everyday for the separate release thanks to the petition and for Bobby Kotick to single out Mr Waffles from Ireland as the driving force for the change of policy and driving the release of Cod4 as a standalone game!

Yeah sure keep thinking that way it will get you places. Get your facts straight though I am a Xbox 1 COD player who also plays Battlefield and I also have a PC. If you are not interested in signing an online petition based off someone else's opinion that's fine, your choice you are entitled to have the same view of somebody else and then back there statement up by trying to belittle the view of person you don't agree with.

I didn't start either petition I merely put my name on them and thought I'd have the common curtsey to share the link here with some other like minded players. Do yourself a favour and sit down.

Back on topic Hutch's first thoughts on Infinite Warfare seem pretty positive basically saying its a cross between Black Ops 3 and Ghosts

• Advertisement

Back on topic Hutch's first thoughts on Infinite Warfare seem pretty positive basically saying its a cross between Black Ops 3 and Ghosts

Ah here we go, until I post something else you don't agree with.

Can you be a man about and stop taking the piss? For the sake of prosperity can we leave this bullshit be now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For the sake of prosperity can we leave this bullshit be now?

Nicely played. You're good, subtle. I like it.

Here is TheXclusiveAce's impression of playing Infinite Warfare he went to the Cod XP event at his own cost he didn't get in to capture any gameplay so he just got to play with the rest of the public, he is one of the COD Youtubers that I respect their opinions on all things COD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm suddenly getting very interested in the campaign. This looks very promising from a story and presentation point of view - like the Conor McGregor cameo too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Are many people bothered about Infinite Warfare or is it all about the remastered Call of Duty 4?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Are many people bothered about Infinite Warfare or is it all about the remastered Call of Duty 4?

Me and my clan buddies will probably play more of Infinate Warfare then Cod4 also I see a member of the ravensoft team has let it slip that Cod4 will be released as a separate game no timeline on when this will take place yet though. maybe COD4 should have its own seperate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

as if hutch is going to speak the truth about a game which is pay to win hahah are you kidding you know activision flew him out to cod xp and have hutch in there pocket

as if hutch is going to speak the truth about a game which is pay to win hahah are you kidding you know activision flew him out to cod xp and have hutch in there pocket

Yeah and Hutch states that at the start of the video he is still more honest then Tmartn or AliA but if you want a more honest opinion from someone who paid his own way to get to Cod XP then watch the video by TheXclusiveAce that I posted above!

Drift0r's the Good Bad and The Ugly on Infinite Warfare pretty honest review of the game even though he is one of the chosen few by Activison

Drift0r's the Good Bad and The Ugly on Infinite Warfare pretty honest review of the game even though he is one of the chosen few by Activison

Ye notice how all of these youtubers leave out the fact that this game is a pay to win game, that will entail another cycle of supply drops to squeeze more money out of the community these games and youtubers are bad for call of duty and have been since AW posting endless videos of massive supply drop opening videos.. These youtubers receive thousands of free cod points whilst the rest of the community waste money on this cancerous system

Ye notice how all of these youtubers leave out the fact that this game is a pay to win game, that will entail another cycle of supply drops to squeeze more money out of the community these games and youtubers are bad for call of duty and have been since AW posting endless videos of massive supply drop opening videos.. These youtubers receive thousands of free cod points whilst the rest of the community waste money on this cancerous system

You didn't watch the video! Drift0r states that in the ugly section about supply drops and pay to win you might be able to break up guns to get cod points or whatever but you will have to grind out rather then buy the gun straight out!
    The days of supply drop openings are gone thanks to Small youtubers like Eight Thoughts and Honor The call who exposed the big Cod youtubers of getting free cod points from Activison! There are a couple of exceptions who are Activison whores like BiblicalReaper who will keep doing what Activison tell them!

You didn't watch the video! Drift0r states that in the ugly section about supply drops and pay to win you might be able to break up guns to get cod points or whatever but you will have to grind out rather then buy the gun straight out!
    The days of supply drop openings are gone thanks to Small youtubers like Eight Thoughts and Honor The call who exposed the big Cod youtubers of getting free cod points from Activison! There are a couple of exceptions who are Activison whores like BiblicalReaper who will keep doing what Activison tell them!
    either way there still gonna add weapon variant with stronger stats in effect making it pay to win, you've clearly never experienced call of duty at its peak it was a strategic military shooter now it's just an arcade generic space game,

either way there still gonna add weapon variant with stronger stats in effect making it pay to win, you've clearly never experienced call of duty at its peak it was a strategic military shooter now it's just an arcade generic space game,

I clearly have seeing as I started playing World at War! Strategic military shooter? Cod was ever that strategic certain game modes like Search need some strategy! Cod was always pick up and play for the craic game to play with friends! Anyway you can play battlefield 1 or Cod4 when it's released as a standalone game!

I clearly have seeing as I started playing World at War! Strategic military shooter? Cod was ever that strategic certain game modes like Search need some strategy! Cod was always pick up and play for the craic game to play with friends! Anyway you can play battlefield 1 or Cod4 when it's released as a standalone game!

Started? So you have not experienced it at its peak. Yeah well enjoy the thread that you did not start try not to choke on your pride. I recommend drinking plenty of water and eaten plenty of fruit.

Started? So you have not experienced it at its peak. Yeah well enjoy the thread that you did not start try not to choke on your pride. I recommend drinking plenty of water and eaten plenty of fruit.
    Ah Mr Battlefield fanboy troll is back! Not sure what your dig about me not straying the thread is about? Are you a tad jealous? This is an Infinite Warfare thread if you want to go and create a MW1 remastered thread of you go? Weather you or others like it or not this is the game that Activison are giving us this year, if you are not going to play it why are you trolling this thread? I don't go on your battlefield thread and troll your posts! Seriously a Cod mod needs to stop this guy attacking my posts!

• Advertisement

Ah Mr Battlefield fanboy troll is back! Not sure what your dig about me not straying the thread is about? Are you a tad jealous? This is an Infinite Warfare thread if you want to go and create a MW1 remastered thread of you go? Weather you or others like it or not this is the game that Activison are giving us this year, if you are not going to play it why are you trolling this thread? I don't go on your battlefield thread and troll your posts! Seriously a Cod mod needs to stop this guy attacking my posts!

This is a serious question? How old are you? You need to grow up and stop this nonsense. I have already given you the chance to leave this be and you failed to call a truce. Now after you saying that someone from raven let slip that they will be releasing MW remastered separately you don't even have the decency of an apologetic or positive comment about it.

I am way ahead of you if you just do a simple back up on the page there you will see that I have already created a thread for MW remastered for the simple reason of predictability. Yes that is me telling you that any argument you can come up with I will know what your going to post before you post it. That is no way supposed to sound like I am better than you it is simply the pattern of you behaviour here that is so obviously misconstrued that you are the one in need of entertainment from it.

First off you do not own boards secondly this is a public site that has rules that all members must follow with that said your behaviour here is atrocious who the f**k do you think you are?. If you keep posting lies and accusations about users on this site I can tell you it is not going to end well for you or the thread its posted in. That is not a treat its a friendly warning. Everybody here is on boards because its a community no one person is bigger than the community that holds true for everybody. This is not your thread nor is the battlefield thread my thread or the persons who created it. Who ever creates threads is doing so for everybody.

Now get your egocentric feeble mind focused on something that will have a lasting positive effect on your life for the good of yourself and the people you effect. I have the freedom to comment or post whatever I want that has a reasonable argument behind it. Get over it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Reading back those posts is painful.

Can we not show a bit of maturity in the forum? It doesn't matter who has played longer or knows more about the game. It's a discussion thread for rumours and news - not an "I'm better than you" thread.

Give it a rest on here. If you want to continue to argue about who has been a longer CoD community member take it to PM

Anymore of this by the way and you'll find yourself banned for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Activision and Infinity Ward have officially announced the full dates for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s multiplayer beta.

There will be two weekends for which the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare beta will be available.

Weekend 1:

Available only for PlayStation 4:
    Start Date: October 14 starting at 10AM PT
    End Date: October 17 at 10AM PT

Weekend 2:

Available on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
    Start Date: October 21 at 10AM PT
    End Date: October 24 at 10AM PT

The beta will feature access to only a portion of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s multiplayer mode. In order to get access, players need to preorder Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. If you preorder at a retailer, contact the retailer to get a code to redeem on callofduty.com/beta. If you preorder digitally, you will automatically get access to the beta when it becomes available on the dates listed above.

The beta is not available on PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, this tells me enough about the target demography of the game these days. A 'R3KT' rifle - rarity status: epic.

CtZB_GCXgAUjVgT.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

How do you polish a turd? Package the best CoD with updated graphics and stick it with the latest version.

Im glad they will be selling CoD 4 at some stage separately, I will buy it even if it doesnt have dedicated servers.

Now dont get me wrong , all the games since sh1t ops 2 have been playable and enjoyable to a certain extent. I might get to 2nd or 3rd prestige and then realise the game isnt actually that good but there's no way in hell I'd still be playing it a year later let alone nearly a decade!

Now it's 1 thing to give a map pack to one platform a bit earlier than the other but to hold the entire campaign hostage on one platform for a whole 30 days before being available elsewhere is really taking the piss.

I think they're trying everything in their power to get people NOT to buy it.

(COD4 campaign on Ps4 30 days before everywhere else)

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Now it's 1 thing to give a map pack to one platform a bit earlier than the other but to hold the entire campaign hostage on one platform for a whole 30 days before being available elsewhere is really taking the piss.

I think they're trying everything in their power to get people NOT to buy it.

(COD4 campaign on Ps4 30 days before everywhere else)

Careful now you might be called out on that understanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

didn't realise anyone played the single player :)

didn't realise anyone played the single player :)

Nobody cares for the recent games campaigns but COD4 had a brilliant one.

It's beside the point, it shouldn't happen, simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

All I'm interested in is the Remastered COD4.

How much will IW + COD4 Remastered set me back, and how much am I likely to get for IW the next day if I sell it to CEX? Or would I better trading it in at Gamestop or similar?

All I'm interested in is the Remastered COD4.

How much will IW + COD4 Remastered set me back, and how much am I likely to get for IW the next day if I sell it to CEX? Or would I better trading it in at Gamestop or similar?

Oh they've already thought of that, don't you worry. You'll need to have the IW disc in to play COD4

T71QaPt.jpg?1

Oh they've already thought of that, don't you worry. You'll need to have the IW disc in to play COD4

T71QaPt.jpg?1

Oh wow, that sucks :(

T71QaPt.jpg?1

Feckers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

Was working late today so got 'herself' to pre-order (Paid it all off) for IW today in Gamestop. Didnt get any codes for the Cod4 remaster campaign or the camo pack & Terminal map.

Anyone else preorder there? Did you get any codes or do we go in 'later' & get them?

:confused:

Was working late today so got 'herself' to pre-order (Paid it all off) for IW today in Gamestop. Didnt get any codes for the Cod4 remaster campaign or the camo pack & Terminal map.

Anyone else preorder there? Did you get any codes or do we go in 'later' & get them?

:confused:

It was the Legacy edition or above right?

• Advertisement

Yep, the Legacy Edition (€99.99)

Yep, the Legacy Edition (€99.99)

They're probably printed on leaflets inside the box. The only thing you should probably get is a Beta code from Gamestop now.

They're probably printed on leaflets inside the box. The only thing you should probably get it a Beta code yet.

I presume the terminal bonus map & camo pack codes will be in the case. But should have the beta code & CoD4 campaign code today.

Ahhh....will pop in to them tomorrow & see whats what. :mad:

Do shops do midnight openings for this anymore or has that craze died?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I got my early access modern warfare code emailed to me today from Smyths. It's downloadable on Wednesday I think

• Advertisement

I wonder will it pre download tomorrow for those of us who purchased the Digital copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I wonder will it pre download tomorrow for those of us who purchased the Digital copy?

I was wondering this as well. Haven't found the answer though

heroics wrote: »

I wonder if at 12.01am it will be start downloading lot of youtubers like Drift0r are streaming the campaign now if anyone's interested

max life wrote: »
    I got my early access modern warfare code emailed to me today from Smyths. It's downloadable on Wednesday I think

I should have went to Smyths instead! xD

Interestingly, COD4 license will be on the disc for the Xbox version but come's in a redeemable code option for PS4, for physical copies.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is included on the Infinite Warfare Xbox One disc (no voucher code required) in the Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition of Infinite Warfare. Before Modern Warfare Remastered can be played, an additional download is required. The game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required."

So in theory, Xbox owners can sell on both games in future.

Apparently it has something to do with how how the PS4 discs are formated they can't have multiple games on them.

Interestingly, COD4 license will be on the disc for the Xbox version but come's in a redeemable code option for PS4, for physical copies.

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is included on the Infinite Warfare Xbox One disc (no voucher code required) in the Legacy Edition and Legacy Pro Edition of Infinite Warfare. Before Modern Warfare Remastered can be played, an additional download is required. The game disc must be inserted to play Modern Warfare Remastered. Internet connection is required."

So in theory, Xbox owners can sell on both games in future.

Apparently it has something to do with how how the PS4 discs are formated they can't have multiple games on them.
    Unfortunately Activison are acting the.maggot and making you have the infinate warefare disc in the console if you want to play MW1 remastered they updated their FAQ about it thus stopping people just trading in the physical disc https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered-FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Some might say this is very cynical of Activision. I get the feeling they have been stung by the bad vibes coming from a significant percentage of gamers, dismissing infinite warfare without question and demanding that mw remastered be sold separately. I can see battlefield 1 making serious gains in popularity this year. I was always a cod player. This will be the first year that I'm refusing to buy it.

Unfortunately Activison are acting the.maggot and making you have the infinate warefare disc in the console if you want to play MW1 remastered they updated their FAQ about it thus stopping people just trading in the physical disc

I know you need IW to play COD4 but it's weird how they're going 2 ways about it on different consoles.

If this is the case then you'll be able to trade in IW & COD4 after a few months for xbox but only IW for Ps4...

I know you need IW to play COD4 but it's weird how they're going 2 ways about it on different consoles.

If this is the case then you'll be able to trade in IW & COD4 after a few months for xbox but only IW for Ps4...

Ah I see what you mean I thought it would be digital download on both consoles, wonder why they are going that way? Its making it a disadvantage to buy the game on PS4 if you plan on selling it on in the future!

heroics wrote: »

Just got a message pop up on PSN and have kicked off the download it's 40Gb
    Download is on two stages after 10Gb you start the game probably do the first mission then the balance of 30gig the rest of the game

• Advertisement
Advertisement