Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call of Duty 2016 : Infinite Warfare | Rumours & News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cod4 won't be sold separate as Activison will use it to sell more of the new game, expect MW2 or 3 to be bundled with Advanced Warfare next year! It might appeal to a small portion of the cod community who want to play the original games on next gen consoles but most will play Infinate Warfare unless it's a complete disaster and if it is they will go back to playing Black Ops 3 for the year!
    Anyway 2 weeks to go until the Cod XP event and the multiplayer reveal, I would expect if they have any confidence in the game that will get a multiplayer beta shortly after the event!

IT WILL BE IN FUTURE, not at the beginning. They always sell things separate gradually like the Nuk3town and The Giant map or Nuketown 2025 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

• Standard edition - $59.99
    • Legacy Edition and Digital Legacy Edition – Includes both Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, SRP $79.99.
    • Digital Deluxe Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and Season Pass, SRP $99.99.
    • Legacy Pro Edition – Includes Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Season Pass, collectible Steelbook, official game soundtrack and additional digital items, SRP $119.99.

If it is released after Christmas there is another $59.99 profit for them to make. Think they won't cash in. The last time I checked the official trailer for Infinite Warfare on YouTube it had just over 2 million dislikes. Now it has 3.2 million dislikes that's 10% of views (516k likes). We'll see how many dislikes the multiplayer reveal will get. If they do reveal remastered multiplayer too compare the two reveals dislike count and weigh up the pros and cons from their point of view for not releasing stand alone COD4 remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

I think the telling thing for me is that at 38 years of age i just don't have the appetite for the futuristic "bouncing off walls " halo type thing that cod has going on at the moment. And that looks like it's going to get even worse with the new game. I work with a number of lads that are avid gamers. Not one of them is planning to buy this. They all agree that their interest has waned to such an extent that they are thinking of doing the previously unthinkable. .......moving to Battlefield. ...... Its all so disappointing cos I've played Cod for years now. Used to queue outside my local xtravision for the latest release and normally always bought the limited editions. Not this year though. ....

Does anyone know if the modern warfare remaster that comes with the legacy edition (on XB1) be a download code or physical disc?

Thanks

Does anyone know if the modern warfare remaster that comes with the legacy edition (on XB1) be a download code or physical disc?

Thanks

Download code. See plenty of them on ebay!

"4. Will Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered come as a separate disc?
    No, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare. Internet connection required."

https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/legal/faq

Download code. See plenty of them on ebay!

"4. Will Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered come as a separate disc?
    No, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game digital download that will be included in the Legacy, Legacy Pro, and Digital Deluxe editions of Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare. Internet connection required."

https://www.callofduty.com/infinitewarfare/legal/faq

Thanks, just looking for the modern warfare remaster so hopefully a good few show up on eBay as you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Activision have said that you require Infinite Warfare to play MWR which suggests that you may have to launch MWR from within Infinite Warfare.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Activision have said that you require Infinite Warfare to play MWR which suggests that you may have to launch MWR from within Infinite Warfare.

:(

:(

Why not just get both??

Why not just get both??

No interest in another futuristic COD tbh.

• Advertisement

No interest in another futuristic COD tbh.

Smh people don't realise games have to innovate. Multiplayer is just going to be like every other COD, and we haven't even seen gameplay!

Smh people don't realise games have to innovate. Multiplayer is just going to be like every other COD, and we haven't even seen gameplay!

I've no problem with that. I'm just looking for COD 4 at the moment and just looking to see will there be any way to get that game without paying E90.

I've no problem with that. I'm just looking for COD 4 at the moment and just looking to see will there be any way to get that game without paying E90.

Most probably just to stop the resale of the code hopefully. Wouldn't be spending over the odds for it myself and have the patience to wait for the standalone release of enhanced quality COD4. Its been 9 years since its release another 3-4 months after infinite isn't going to hurt any besides its not as if seasoned players are going to be Christmas noobs on it!

How many people game you get on game sharing I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Innovation has nothing to do with getting progressively more futuristic though. I won't be buying IW either as I've zero interest in futuristic COD titles either.

My problem personally isn't the gameplay. Black Ops 3 and Advanced Warfare still feel like COD always did - it's the gimmicky nature of the game that puts me off. Wall running, jet packs, armour lock, abilities, gadgets, cartoon-like character customisation....I just have no interest in all of that but they're now core elements of the game.

I've never been one to claim the game is crap, it's just not for me anymore and for a lot of people who grew up playing the original Call of Duty, COD2, COD4, it's not either.

It's the reason I'm dying for the COD4 remaster. MW2 and the first Black Ops were pretty good MP wise but for me the pinnacle was always COD4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,044 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Cod XP kicks off today and look at this.. good man Conor!
    https://twitter.com/brettmolina23/status/771672637693104128

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

All 16 Maps from the original modern warfare will be in the remaster. Up until now they said only 10 would be in the game.

10 at launch and the rest in December.

Infinate Warfare Beta 14th of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Infinate Warfare Beta 14th of October

Just to add to that for others benefit. You need to pre-order any edition of Infinite Warfare to gain access to the beta & it's PS4 only, for now.

https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/771759526202662912

• Advertisement

From what I've seen I think it IW looks good some early feedback is that it plays very similar to Black Ops3 nothing wrong with that, Cod4 looks great, you can't really go wrong, I'm happy I went the whole hog for the €109.99 Digital Deluxe edition!

Dislikes slightly ahead. It looks like a bad mix of at least 4 different games. Health bars :eek::eek: shield dome :eek::eek:

At least they have good taste in music is all I can say!

396043.JPG

Jeez that's exactly how they managed to mix. Titan Fall, Halo Reach, Overwatch and Battlefront to make a new game. Awful just awful.....

It looks exactly like i feared it would. Futuristic muck yet again. I wonder could we start a Facebook petition to get them to release cod4 separately? Now that i would buy ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Have to say I really like the look of that. Looks like they're almost moving into Unreal Tournament territory with the fast pace.

It looks exactly like i feared it would. Futuristic muck yet again. I wonder could we start a Facebook petition to get them to release cod4 separately? Now that i would buy ....

Sure you could I'd sign it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Slight graphic upgrade. Big audio downgrade. "Remastered". I'll have a sleep and watch it again and hope i'm more impressed.

One of the things I disliked about the later CODs was the amount of ****e that would pop up on screen for a kill. That seems present here. Cant comment on sound as I've watched it on my phone. I see they've changed the scoring system to the x10 system also.

Slight graphic upgrade. Big audio downgrade. "Remastered". I'll have a sleep and watch it again and hope i'm more impressed.

Can't really make a honest evaluation until I see proper gameplay as trailer audio might not represent what it actually sounds like in game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

it's not all doom and gloom. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/771875157119946752

MW4 gameplay Driftor thinks it's pretty amazing!

Seems to be pretty positive stuff so far for the modern warfare remaster from any videos I've watched on YouTube.

• Advertisement

Seems to be pretty positive stuff so far for the modern warfare remaster from any videos I've watched on YouTube.

Will most people buy it on release just for mw'rm though. Or will they have the sense and the patience to wait till they release it when sales don't go as expected.

https://www.change.org/p/activision-call-of-duty-4-remaster-sell-it-separately-at-launch

I'm fairly impressed by the mw remaster trailer. But it certainly isn't going to make me purchase infinite warfare off the back of it. I signed that change. org petition. I'd buy it separately in a heart beat

This video piqued my interest the most so far but I'm still holding out for a separate launch.

Until I see 1080 gameplay I feel that I can't get the full on experience of it. The graphics look fine on smaller screens windowed/iPad. Looking at game play on 32" 1080 monitor doesn't do it justice. Looks very bright and blurry. I wonder if the modded community will do a HD re-texture of the old game!

Jesus Battlefield One beta is a mess! Servers seem to be constantly down, one map, fully of snipers and the tank seems overpowered, it's basically a re-skinned BF4! The only positive thing I can say is the beta has saved me from wasting cash on it! Not sure why anyone would desert Call of Duty for that!
    BTW something that hasn't been brought up there seems to be a free Call of Duty Infinite Warfare VR game exclusive to PS4 VR game called Jackal Assault free to anyone who buys Infinate Warfare!

Jesus Battlefield One beta is a mess! Servers seem to be constantly down, one map, fully of snipers and the tank seems overpowered, it's basically a re-skinned BF4! The only positive thing I can say is the beta has saved me from wasting cash on it! Not sure why anyone would desert Call of Duty for that!
    BTW something that hasn't been brought up there seems to be a free Call of Duty Infinate Warfare VR game exclusive to PS4 VR game called Jackal Assault free to anyone who buys Infinate Warfare!

Played it on PC?

How is it a re-skinned BF4. Hilarious.

XB1 is the worst for problems with it anyway. From what I played on pc and xbox, pc is going to be my platform for it! It is a beta! Its only full of snipers cause the map design favours snipers and there is lots of them on the map because there is 32 on each team. No less snipers than a game of TDM on black ops 3 if you break the numbers down and think about it.

Tanks overpowered really?

Can we leave the BF vs COD stuff out of the thread?

BTW something that hasn't been brought up there seems to be a free Call of Duty Infinate Warfare VR game exclusive to PS4 VR game called Jackal Assault free to anyone who buys Infinate Warfare!

*Grammar Nazi Hat On*

It's INFINITE ffs. The thread title bugs me everytime I see it :o

Just wanted to prove a point that
    1) Waffles is a BF fanboy trolling a Cod thread!
    2) everyone has been saying that Battlefield 1 is a Cod killer, which it clearly won't be!

Infinaie Warfare won't be the best Call of duty but it won't be as bad as Ghosts!
    Weather players like it or not Cod has evolved into a futuristic shooter over the last 3 years, people still play it I really have no complaints about Advanced Warfare Or Black Ops3 they are super fast close combat shooters that serve their purpose!
    Based on the negative response to the initial trailer and fan feedback on news last year that Blops 3 would have future movement system like Advanced Warfare, Activison decided to remaster Cod4! I think this will be an important year as if more players chose to play the old school boots on the ground. Cod4, then I think we have seen the last of futuristic Cod games and movement system but if the player base for Infinite Warfare is solid then I think it will continue to be based in the future so we can look forward to AW2 next year!
    I would hope that they will stick to the Cod timeline and we see a Ravensoft remaster of World at War next year now that would be something, Cod4 I can take it or leave it but World at War was my first Cod multiplayer experience and it is still my favourite game!
    Roll on November 4th!

I would hope that they will stick to the Cod timeline and we see a Ravensoft remaster of World at War next year now that would be something, Cod4 I can take it or leave it but World at War was my first Cod multiplayer experience and it is still my favourite game!
    Roll on November 4th!

That's the way I am with COD 4. Really my first online shooter experience and my favourite. It's the only COD I could go back to and remember all the maps. Any COD since then just never lived up to my expectations

I still went back and played COD 4 on the 360 but their was a load of hackers playing it so I'm delighted we're getting a remaster which will cut that **** out.

• Advertisement

That's the way I am with COD 4. Really my first online shooter experience and my favourite. It's the only COD I could go back to and remember all the maps. Any COD since then just never lived up to my expectations

I still went back and played COD 4 on the 360 but their was a load of hackers playing it so I'm delighted we're getting a remaster which will cut that **** out.

Exactly the damn hackers killed World at War Cod4 and MW2 and the developers never stopped it in any meaningful way, I joined a lobby on Cod4 and everything got unlocked and all challenges completed which pissed me off! I stopped playing World at war to avoid hackers ruining my stats! Just loved the production value with Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman lending their voices to it! Great memories

Exactly the damn hackers killed World at War Cod4 and MW2 and the developers never stopped it in any meaningful way, I joined a lobby on Cod4 and everything got unlocked and all challenges completed which pissed me off! I stopped playing World at war to avoid hackers ruining my stats! Just loved the production value with Keifer Sutherland and Gary Oldman lending their voices to it! Great memories

Black ops is the same. Went back and played it when it became backwards compatible and of course hackers in most lobbys.

Just wanted to prove a point that
    1) Waffles is a BF fanboy trolling a Cod thread!
    2) everyone has been saying that Battlefield 1 is a Cod killer, which it clearly won't be!

Infinaie Warfare won't be the best Call of duty but it won't be as bad as Ghosts!
    Weather players like it or not Cod has evolved into a futuristic shooter over the last 3 years, people still play it I really have no complaints about Advanced Warfare Or Black Ops3 they are super fast close combat shooters that serve their purpose!
    Based on the negative response to the initial trailer and fan feedback on news last year that Blops 3 would have future movement system like Advanced Warfare, Activison decided to remaster Cod4! I think this will be an important year as if more players chose to play the old school boots on the ground. Cod4, then I think we have seen the last of futuristic Cod games and movement system but if the player base for Infinite Warfare is solid then I think it will continue to be based in the future so we can look forward to AW2 next year!
    Roll on November 4th!

You really need to get over yourself and stop acting like a prepubescent teenager. I didn't bring anything up recently about BF seems you just want to instigate something. There's a seriousness I sense from your post's that might damage your relationships with people friendly words of advice snap out of it.

First 10 maps when MW1 launches confirmed in this tweet the rest in December
    https://twitter.com/wendellwobble/status/772139104989360128

Just watched a gameplay video by Hutch he was answering questions someone asked about the weapon sounds and he said they are different to the original game and they sound like they are guns from MW2. Hutch said it didn't really bother him!
    Also saw some tweets complaining about about some of the sound effects Ravensoft said they will look into it!

There is another larger petition for separate release
    https://www.change.org/p/infinity-ward-call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare-remastered-sold-separately 6674 signatures
    https://www.change.org/p/activision-call-of-duty-4-remaster-sell-it-separately-at-launch 1962 signatures

If its released separate @$59.99 that will be an extra $518,074 they will make based on both petitions, there may be more! How many junior developers wages will that pay for the year?

Don't be daft. Online petitions never achieve anything particularly online petitions that can't even muster up a measly 10,000 signatures. Black Ops III sold $550million in it's first weekend alone, who cares about $518,074 of that?

And of course the vast majority of people who have signed those things will end up buying Future Warfare, because they always do......
    18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

Don't be daft. Online petitions never achieve anything particularly online petitions that can't even muster up a measly 10,000 signatures. Black Ops III sold $550million in it's first weekend alone, who cares about $518,074 of that?

And of course the vast majority of people who have signed those things will end up buying Future Warfare, because they always do......

Yeah and no wonder with that sort of typically negative attitude! A business would care greatly for half a million. So if it had more than 10,000 it would carry more weight true. This is important, Did you sign it?

Of course I didn't because it's an online petition - they're meaningless and achieve nothing other than to give people the vague impression that they're doing something about whatever they're currently annoyed about. If it had 100,000 'signatures' it would still carry zero weight.

• Advertisement

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

Agreed silly little petitions won't work, it would undermine sales of the current year's new release if it sold separately and impact stock price in Activision/Blizzard.
    it's a clever little marketing ploy by Activision to tie the remaster to the new game, as they have made it so you have to own Infinite Warfare and probably have the disc in your console or the digital package on your hard drive. The way I'd look at it if you love Cod4 so much then you would pay your cash for Infinite warfare and just play Cod4 treating the other game as a free bonus game.
    For example if I hated Advanced Wafare 2 but they were going to give World at War remastered with it I would pay full price for AW2 just so I could play my favourite cod game of all time, I wouldn't be sitting on my hands and signing change.org petitions hoping that it would be a separate release!
    But sure let them dream while the rest of us get on and enjoy playing Cod4 and Infinite Warfare in November!

Advertisement