Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea vs Spurs MNF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

We had ample opportunities to put this game to bed.

Congrats to Leicester, amazing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 keavebm253

I'd be disappointed in my team if they turned it on like that for 1 game and barely finish top half. As for hazard. Embarrassing.

Hazard embarrassing?when he came off the bench spurs players couldn't touch him!All ye could do was hack him down every time.man of the match and u call that embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

keavebm253 wrote: »
    Hazard embarrassing?when he came off the bench spurs players couldn't touch him!All ye could do was hack him down every time.man of the match and u call that embarrassing

I would imagine that was in reference to his world class half a match. Or were you happy with his performances all season and can you explain them in the context of last nights performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Bottleham Lolspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Lukker- wrote: »
    I understand the passion and the fight but there has to be some sort of perspective? There was 16 minutes left including injury time when Chelsea equalized and Spurs didn't fashion 1 single half chance. They got booked 4 times though (in reality it should have included 2 sendings off).

Fight is all well and good, but the game was still there for the taking and all the players did was throw their toys out of the pram. Imploding like that under pressure isn't something to aspire to IMO

So well just focus on 16 minutes of the entire season then when deciding what we should aspire to?? In that case young kids should be looking at Hazard as a pure inspiration seeing as he decided to show up for May. Spurs have been under pressure since september but well just talk about 16 minutes.

Im gutted about the result last night and the manner of it and the opposition in question make it much harder to stomach. However, this spurs team has been so level headed, positive, exciting to watch and respectul to their manager ALL SEASON that they are, IMO, exactly the kind of team that others should aspire to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

dobman88 wrote: »
    Bottleham Lolspurs

Seriously can the mods not ban or red card the trolling mid table teams idiots from posting on our threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

As the dust settles all i can say is what a great season this has been for us. Never thought id ever see us in a title race with so few games to go. The target was to sneak a champions leagues spot. we have nearly sown that up but we have only lost 4 times, we have gone to grounds were we traditionally don't do well and played these boys off the park. We have a bright young manager and a nice young squad who really want to play and achieve for the club, the new stadium on the way also.

Last night descended into a bit of a farce. The frustration boiled over and got the better of them. I hope its an experience they can learn from. Probably best not to speak about Chelsea but it speaks volumes about us that they celebrated a draw at home like winning the league.

Fair play to the foxes, well deserved. Wednesday night lights back at the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

irishmover wrote: »
    *looking forward to the reaction from this one*

I've thought about this for the last half hour and I have come to the conclusion that aside from the result I wouldn't have this game any other way from a Spurs point of view.

We've talked alot over the years on here about Spurs teams not having enough bite, being far too soft etc etc.. Yet look at this side tonight. Chelsea have been nothing short of a disgrace with their comments over the previous week's. The Spurs players were like animals. I've never seen a Spurs side so determined and willing to fight for the Jersey than this. Some of the tackles were disgraceful and embarrassing but it was all due to passion.

Dembele, what a season he's had to top it off like this some might say has ruined it, I beg to differ. I never knew he had this much fight in him. Always looked very casual up until now. Totally different player.

As for all the bitter fans coming in here. Please come in here more often, particularly when we're winning. Such a bunch of jealous losers if the only time you come in here is to gloat about a team you don't even support.

Hahaha eye gouging is showing fight and passion?? Spurs players bottled it and resorted to scumbag tactics, wont touch the league next year

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Hahaha eye gouging is showing fight and passion?? Spurs players bottled it and resorted to scumbag tactics, wont touch the league next year

Yeah they lost their composure but scumbag tactics?????

John Terry strangling Dembele with his jersey? Fabregas trying to get Lamela sent off?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yeah they lost their composure but scumbag tactics?????

John Terry strangling Dembele with his jersey? Fabregas trying to get Lamela sent off?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You mean after lamela stood on his hand? Doesn't matter if it was hard or not was a red card! Spurs should have had at least 3 sent off,should have put that energy into beating a poor chelsea team but collapsed and acted like thugs

• Advertisement

You mean after lamela stood on his hand? Doesn't matter if it was hard or not was a red card! Spurs should have had at least 3 sent off,should have put that energy into beating a poor chelsea team but collapsed and acted like thugs

Did lamela even see him??? He didnt look at him once. Yeah spurs should have had a couple of reds(but lamelas was never intentional), but thats upto the ref.

Of course chelsea would never act in the same fashion. Youd never see them bring down the quality of a game by say confronting the referee for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Seriously can the mods not ban or red card the trolling mid table teams idiots from posting on our threads?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 keavebm253

Deise Vu wrote:
    I would imagine that was in reference to his world class half a match. Or were you happy with his performances all season and can you explain them in the context of last nights performance?

Hazard is world class.chelsea had an off season.next year they will be back to there best.dosent say much for spurs when a player comes off the bench and can get man of the match!

And it says so much for Chelsea when they take the ball into the corner to make sure of a draw against spurs........at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭Glebee

And it says so much for Chelsea when they take the ball into the corner to make sure of a draw against spurs........at home

WTF was that at the end. Could Chelsea not have gone for the win???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

dobman88 wrote: »
    Bottleham Lolspurs

Manchester United (don't need to make any childish changes to the name it's already laughable)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When is the Spurs DVD for the first 45mins coming out?

Or is there going to be a "Remember when we nearly won the league" DVD?

Bottled what? If Spurs bottled it what does it say for all the other teams?

Do you know how long Spurs held top spot this season? Yet somehow they bottled it LOL.

What a season lads the bitters coming in here is absolutely brilliant goes to show just how scared they are of our club. Jealous low life's who can't hack Spurs sitting above them in the table. How times have changed. I'm just glad I was never as bitter a football fan as these mugs.

GavRedKing wrote: »

Ive already ordered mine. Ill make sure to send you on a copy

Congrats on winning 2-2 at home to Spurs.

*Slow clap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,076 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bit harsh.

For the record it was awesome season that collapsed dramatically in fifteen minutes. Not the first time it's happened to a team's season, and probably not the last. Some of the defending of Spurs players actions here, though, has been hilarious. I'm waiting for someone to accuse Febregas of throwing his hand under Lamea's foot or Costa trying to break Dembele's finger with his eye.

(There - you've made me defend Costa - I hope you're happy. Now I need a shower.)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Bit harsh.

For the record it was awesome season that collapsed dramatically in fifteen minutes. Not the first time it's happened to a team's season, and probably not the last. Some of the defending of Spurs players actions here, though, has been hilarious. I'm waiting for someone to accuse Febregas of throwing his hand under Lamea's foot or Costa trying to break Dembele's finger with his eye.

(There - you've made me defend Costa - I hope you're happy. Now I need a shower.)

Who is defending the actions from some of the Spurs players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

keavebm253 wrote: »
    I'd be disappointed in my team if they turned it on like that for 1 game and barely finish top half. As for hazard. Embarrassing.

Embarrassing that he was only bothered to play after 35 games.

Bit harsh.

Not seen much defence of their actions. I just dont know how you could look at lamela and fabregas and say that it was intentional.

We all agree that the spurs players lost the plot. And i, for one, was embarrassed by it anyway. And ideally they would have kept concentrated and gone for another goal but it was the first time for almost all of them that theyve been in that position. Hopefully theyll learn from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

On the one hand it was great to see the passion of our players last night. It bodes well for next season, but it'll have to be channeled a lot better or we'll be in serious trouble.

Last night we were scumbags. Especially Dembele and Lamela, but Dier, Rose and Walker weren't far behind.

We were scumbags and we threw away a two goal lead, so if other boardsies come in to slag us off, we should be able to take it on the chin.

irishmover wrote: »
    Who is defending the actions from some of the Spurs players?

There's a few posts in the previous pages blaming Chelsea and accusing Chelsea of winding Spurs up and pulling them down to their level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Not seen much defence of their actions. I just dont know how you could look at lamela and fabregas and say that it was intentional.

It was intentional 100%

We all agree that the spurs players lost the plot. And i, for one, was embarrassed by it anyway. And ideally they would have kept concentrated and gone for another goal but it was the first time for almost all of them that theyve been in that position. Hopefully theyll learn from it

Well, for a start, he seemed to know exactly where the hand was. And after he did it, he kept walking and then shrugged as if to say "what's all the fuss about?" - what did he think he stepped on?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCagBYrL20

Here's the youtube video of the Lamela incident.

• Advertisement

There's a few posts in the previous pages blaming Chelsea and accusing Chelsea of winding Spurs up and pulling them down to their level.

How does that mean they're defending their actions? I've never seen these same people defend Chelsea players before for acting scummy. Chelsea IMO created this atmosphere by going on record numerous times over the previous week's that they'd play the game of their lives against use and score a bunch of OG's for Leicester. It absolutely encouraged Spurs players to react in an undisciplined way and they fell right into the disgusting trap. That is what us Spurs fans are saying.

I can assure you thiugh, nobody is going to defend eye gouging or reckless/potential career ending challenges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement