Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea vs Spurs MNF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Agreed. They seem to be determined to wind us up and unfortunately it's working. Need a 3rd goal to steady the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Thank god Rose going off before he sent off

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Jayus :(

great finish though

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Three at the back and pile everyone else forward

:pac: COYS

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Well done Leicester....was a great ride point you feel there is probably enough for second. Roll on next year, can't wait for Tuesday night.

• Advertisement

Búgger it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Serious disciple problems in the team. It needs to stop. I don't care what the occasion is, we should be better then this. Dier should have seen red, and a few others were lucky to be on the pitch. That's not how i want to see Spurs play.

Either way, the best Chelsea are gonna finish around 10th. I'll take where we are to where they are any day of the week.

Chelsea are a disgrace. I could use other words to describe them, but there aren't words strong enough. Sick as a parrot!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

abff wrote: »
    Chelsea are a disgrace. I could use other words to describe them, but there aren't words strong enough. Sick as a parrot!

Hahaha, 9 yellow cards for Spurs and Chelsea are the disgrace. :pac: Only one team was a disgrace tonight and that was Spurs. Embarrassing.

I think the Spurs players lost it after Kane was set upon by 3 Chelsea players, lost the ball and they went up the other end and scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Johner wrote: »
    Hahaha, 9 yellow cards for Spurs and Chelsea are the disgrace. :pac: Only one team was a disgrace tonight and that was Spurs. Embarrassing.

You're Embarrassing yourself here pal..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

hat are you a chelsea fan? No wonder yourselves and Rangers have a "special" relationship, Chelsea are a disgrace fully of dirty cheating players like Costa and Terry nasty fans as well!!
    Couple on here as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chelsea dragged us down to their level. We fell for it hook line and sinker. We needed to be smarter and wiser. Our inexperience was shown tonight and last Monday. Only too be expected given the young squad. We will plenty of it next year too.

I presume that's just you having a go, or are you really that blind? How can you support a team like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Johner wrote:
    Hahaha, 9 yellow cards for Spurs and Chelsea are the disgrace. Only one team was a disgrace tonight and that was Spurs. Embarrassing.

I'd be disappointed in my team if they turned it on like that for 1 game and barely finish top half. As for hazard. Embarrassing.

Chelsea dragged us down to their level. We fell for it hook line and sinker. We needed to be smarter and wiser. Our inexperience was shown tonight and last Monday. Only too be expected given the young squad. We will plenty of it next year too.

Agreed. Chelsea had nothing to play for and nothing to lose. We should have kept our heads and focused on the title. The players seemed more interested in their petty squabbles than winning the game. Even then Mason could/should have made it 3-1.

Chelsea fcuked us good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

LOL that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd be disappointed in my team if they turned it on like that for 1 game and barely finish top half. As for hazard. Embarrassing.

Of course I'm disappointed, that doesn't change the fact Spurs were a disgrace tonight. 9 yellow cards in one game is outrageous and some of the tackles that went in near the end were shockers.

Take nothing away from Spurs for a great season and they are really going places under Pochettino who is a class act. Spurs are building something very special under him and I expect them to challenge next season again. Tonight though, they let themselves down.

Of course I'm disappointed, that doesn't change the fact Spurs were a disgrace tonight. 9 yellow cards in one game is outrageous and some of the tackles that went in near the end were shockers.

Take nothing away from Spurs for a great season and they are really going places under Pochettino who is a class act. Spurs are building something very special under him and I expect them to challenge next season again. Tonight though, they let themselves down.

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I agree that our players shouldn't have reacted to Chelsea's tactics they way they did. Doesn't change my opinion of Chelsea as total sc*mbags, but our players should have handled it better.

Hopefully, they'll learn from it and kick on from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

At crucial points in the season Tottenham have failed to cope when under pressure and drawn games they should have comfortably won - tonight and the away ties at Arsenal and Liverpool for instance. Pochettino has not yet proven himself as a manager.

• Advertisement

How did Dier not get sent off at the end? lol :D Clattenburg will need counselling after that game.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Pochettino has not yet proven himself as a manager.

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Delighted. Get in there Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

More disappointed about tonight's result than the league, that club is a disgrace to football, I can see now why utd don't want Jose,

The rats hazard and Costa are all forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

2-0 up and bottled it, so Spursy. Same **** all my life, could we not beat this lot with a 2 goal lead. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

abff wrote: »
    Now that I've calmed down a bit, I agree that our players shouldn't have reacted to Chelsea's tactics they way they did. Doesn't change my opinion of Chelsea as total sc*mbags, but our players should have handled it better.

Hopefully, they'll learn from it and kick on from here.

What tactics exactly?

*looking forward to the reaction from this one*

I've thought about this for the last half hour and I have come to the conclusion that aside from the result I wouldn't have this game any other way from a Spurs point of view.

We've talked alot over the years on here about Spurs teams not having enough bite, being far too soft etc etc.. Yet look at this side tonight. Chelsea have been nothing short of a disgrace with their comments over the previous week's. The Spurs players were like animals. I've never seen a Spurs side so determined and willing to fight for the Jersey than this. Some of the tackles were disgraceful and embarrassing but it was all due to passion.

Dembele, what a season he's had to top it off like this some might say has ruined it, I beg to differ. I never knew he had this much fight in him. Always looked very casual up until now. Totally different player.

As for all the bitter fans coming in here. Please come in here more often, particularly when we're winning. Such a bunch of jealous losers if the only time you come in here is to gloat about a team you don't even support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

has to be said when the dust settles that result is a sickner. Chelsea were there for the taking, the same at the lane earlier in the league, and we bottled it. Mason should have slotted his chance, id say Son would have if he had have still been on the pitch. Personally, the reaction of the players was petulant, something youd expect to see from chelsea. I've no issues with the passion and standing up to bully boys as teams have been capable of doing this for years, but the great teams always get the results in the end.

Seriously sick of walker and his bullshiet aswell, i'd take Coleman as a replacement in a heart beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

irishmover wrote: »
    *looking forward to the reaction from this one*

I've thought about this for the last half hour and I have come to the conclusion that aside from the result I wouldn't have this game any other way from a Spurs point of view.

We've talked alot over the years on here about Spurs teams not having enough bite, being far too soft etc etc.. Yet look at this side tonight. Chelsea have been nothing short of a disgrace with their comments over the previous week's. The Spurs players were like animals. I've never seen a Spurs side so determined and willing to fight for the Jersey than this. Some of the tackles were disgraceful and embarrassing but it was all due to passion.

Dembele, what a season he's had to top it off like this some might say has ruined it, I beg to differ. I never knew he had this much fight in him. Always looked very casual up until now. Totally different player.

As for all the bitter fans coming in here. Please come in here more often, particularly when we're winning. Such a bunch of jealous losers if the only time you come in here is to gloat about a team you don't even support.

I understand the passion and the fight but there has to be some sort of perspective? There was 16 minutes left including injury time when Chelsea equalized and Spurs didn't fashion 1 single half chance. They got booked 4 times though (in reality it should have included 2 sendings off).

Fight is all well and good, but the game was still there for the taking and all the players did was throw their toys out of the pram. Imploding like that under pressure isn't something to aspire to IMO

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    I understand the passion and the fight but there has to be some sort of perspective? There was 16 minutes left including injury time when Chelsea equalized and Spurs didn't fashion 1 single half chance. They got booked 4 times though (in reality it should have included 2 sendings off).

Fight is all well and good, but the game was still there for the taking and all the players did was throw their toys out of the pram. Imploding like that under pressure isn't something to aspire to IMO

I'm not saying it was perfect or entirely the right way to approach this game. We didn't win as everyone so kindly is pointing out. But this side is such a young and raw team. Pochettino is a young manager who will make mistakes.

I'm just seeing the potential in this. If they can channel thus the right way very few teams next season will stand a chance. The bigger picture for me is that I'm actually seeing not only a technically able side but a side willing to fight for the league, understand a rivalry between sides and work very hard for what they want.

This really excites me. (Aside from the awful tackles ofcourse).

As a side, Diego Costa stayed on the pitch then so should every Spurs player. He could have easily gotten a few red cards. The ref in general couldn't control the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement