Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea vs Spurs MNF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

irishmover wrote: »
    Congrats on winning 2-2 at home to Spurs.

*Slow clap

And this guy is a Mod believe it or not, a Mod and a troll all in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Ormus wrote: »
    On the one hand it was great to see the passion of our players last night. It bodes well for next season, but it'll have to be channeled a lot better or we'll be in serious trouble.

Last night we were scumbags. Especially Dembele and Lamela, but Dier, Rose and Walker weren't far behind.

We were scumbags and we threw away a two goal lead, so if other boardsies come in to slag us off, we should be able to take it on the chin.

Problem I have is none of these keyboard warrior thugs ever enter our domain when we're doing well. Only come to gloat or create a hostile atmosphere in our rather quiet and enjoyable forum.

JIdontknow wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCagBYrL20

Here's the youtube video of the Lamela incident.

Looks intentional to me. What in the world was fabregas doing though? Rivaldo in the world cup anyone? Made an absolute meal of it. Idiots, the both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Problem I have is none of these keyboard warrior thugs ever enter our domain when we're doing well. Only come to gloat or create a hostile atmosphere in our rather quiet and enjoyable forum.

Oh that happens to every team. Don't tell me you never visited the Chelsea or Liverpool threads earlier this season? Or United when Moyes was manager?!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Oh that happens to every team. Don't tell me you never visited the Chelsea or Liverpool threads earlier this season? Or United when Moyes was manager?!

I think I might have said well done to city in the CL this season and wishing them good luck against Real.

Don't remember ever entering Liverpool or United threads but maybe I have done one or twice. Same with Arsenal. I think I entered the will Leicester win the league thread when people were calling out Spurs for being rubbish a few weeks ago.

Other than that I don't find the desire to enter other teams threads to gloat. It does nothing for me watching people enrage at my posts. I know how people and teams feel when things like this happen. It happens Spurs far too often for me to wish it on other teams. (Except Arsenal I wish it on Arsenal but I wouldn't gloat unless provoked in our forum).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

This is football. Fans of different clubs slag each other off. Twas ever thus. Only a bit of fun. They're not warrior thugs, they're just messers.

Personally I cringe at the bromance when a fan of another club comes here to congratulate us.

Our forum is quiet most of the time. A bit of slagging when we throw away a two goal lead won't kill us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Without biting to all the comments by those whose teams have had worse seasons than ourselfs (assuming that theres no foxes fans amongst them), can I just get someone to explain how our season collapsed? We havent been top all season and remain in our highest position. The only team who may have bottled it or collapsed would have been leicester and they didn't. there was no collapse by tottenham, only our best season in the premiership. When the likes of chelsea, liverpool, arse and relieved to be getting a point at home to us, city and bet both times they play us and Utd rely on an o.g to take anything off us.... this is hardly a season of collapse. So im open to explanations, how have we 'collapsed' to second place?
    COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

GavRedKing wrote: »
    When is the Spurs DVD for the first 45mins coming out?

Or is there going to be a "Remember when we nearly won the league" DVD?

A good example of the nasty Chelsea fans you get on here, no wonder they have a special relationship with rangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Charliebull

tis only a bit slagging lads, let them at it and take it on the chin
    at the end of the day we will play in champions league next year

they will finish top of the bottom half

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

A good example of the nasty Chelsea fans you get on here, no wonder they have a special relationship with rangers!

Spurs fans seem very precious.

Best season ever for spurs? With zero trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Without biting to all the comments by those whose teams have had worse seasons than ourselfs (assuming that theres no foxes fans amongst them), can I just get someone to explain how our season collapsed? We havent been top all season and remain in our highest position. The only team who may have bottled it or collapsed would have been leicester and they didn't. there was no collapse by tottenham, only our best season in the premiership. When the likes of chelsea, liverpool, arse and relieved to be getting a point at home to us, city and bet both times they play us and Utd rely on an o.g to take anything off us.... this is hardly a season of collapse. So im open to explanations, how have we 'collapsed' to second place? COYS

We don't have 2nd yet. We were 1 and 2 up to 2 mid table teams last week and last night. We should've seen those games out with cool heads. 4 points dropped. Would've kept the pressure up on Leicester.

We don't have 2nd yet. We were 1 and 2 up to 2 mid table teams last week and last night. We should've seen those games out with cool heads. 4 points dropped. Would've kept the pressure up on Leicester.

Second definitely not in the bag. Have to wonder what the mentality is going into the Southampton game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Spurs fans seem very precious.

Best season ever for spurs? With zero trophies.

Hahaha best season ever? I am guessing you are a child who knows nothing of football history. Maybe read up on it a bit and get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

keavebm253 wrote: »
    Hazard is world class.chelsea had an off season.next year they will be back to there best.dosent say much for spurs when a player comes off the bench and can get man of the match!

An off season!!! I believe the term these days is LOL! You are probably right, I would say a sub had never been MOM ever😄😄😄😄. LOL.

Keep them coming the hate is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

hat are you a chelsea fan? No wonder yourselves and Rangers have a "special" relationship, Chelsea are a disgrace fully of dirty cheating players like Costa and Terry nasty fans as well!!
    Couple on here as well!

Not defending what he said (labeled it as harsh in a previous post) but you seem to have a fetish for this "Rangers" comparison...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 keavebm253

Deise Vu wrote:
    An off season!!! I believe the term these days is LOL! You are probably right, I would say a sub had never been MOM

You think as spurs finished second it was a fantastic season.Sorry to tell u it ain't.nothing to show for ur fantastic season.champions league football ya sure but seen the way ye played last night the way ye couldn't keep cool heads when ye needed it.ur not going to last very long in champions league.ur just not smart enough for the top teams.if Chelsea were so LOL and ye still couldn't beat us doesn't say much for poor Tottenham 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

fúck off you cúnt

truechelsea4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Deise Vu wrote:
    An off season!!! I believe the term these days is LOL! You are probably right, I would say a sub had never been MOM

You think as spurs finished second it was a fantastic season.Sorry to tell u it ain't.nothing to show for ur fantastic season.champions league football ya sure but seen the way ye played last night the way ye couldn't keep cool heads when ye needed it.ur not going to last very long in champions league.ur just not smart enough for the top teams.if Chelsea were so LOL and ye still couldn't beat us doesn't say much for poor Tottenham 😅

Haha, so funny. Spurs didn't beat Chelsea in one match last night, but beat them considerably over the course of the season. In every way. More points, more goals, better defence, more exciting football, less managerial sackings, less sexism rows - you name it. Laugh it up, but it's irony at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hazard is world class.chelsea had an off season.next year they will be back to there best.dosent say much for spurs when a player comes off the bench and can get man of the match!

Eden hazard is defiantly world class but, as he has shown this year, he doesn't want to play for Chelsea and will be gone come the summer. Basically takes the piss all year and disrespected the club and fans with various comments and performances on the pitch but the fans still love him?? I find that quite strange.

Chelsea have monoply money to spend, i think they bought 40 odd players who are out on loan to stop rivals buying them. Of course with their reach they should be winning the league constantly, yet to small clubs like Leicester and Spurs have shown what can be done with hard work and team spirit, something Chelsea will never have. Unfortunately it didn't come off for us and i'm delighted with all the positive vibes for Leicesters achievement. Had we managed to pull it off, id like to think we would have got a similar reaction from real football people across the game. Admiration is something Chelsea will never have, as club they are despised by most.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm finding it difficult both emotionally and logically to seperate my feelings on last night's game versus the season as a whole.

Last night's performance as a single game had a few positives - I liked the passion we showed and we scored 2 excellent goals but overall this was over shadowed by events at half time and the last 15 mins.

Chelsea are no angels but that does not excuse the behaviour of most of our team. Apart from the Dembele incident there were at least 2 other occasions when spurs players could have walked before the 90 mins where up.

It was all very unsavoury and instead of conceding the title to Leicester with dignity we completely lost it, lost a lot of hard earned respect we earned in the other 35 games this season.

What frustrates me more than anything was not the Dembele incident, walkers rash challenges, Lamela's clash with Fabregas or whatever went on at full time but rather the way we fell part after the 2nd Chelsea goal. We didn't fashion another half chance in the remaining 20 mins and the spurs players seemed more intent on settling scores with their opposite numbers instead of getting a result.

The reports and footage of Hiddink getting knocked over at the end of the game are an embarrassment to the club.

I know the soccer forum has its fair share of nutcases but it's also a good place to gets some outside perspective on the club and aside from the comments from some bitter arsenal fans there are a lot of interesting comments in last nifht maych thread. Some of it doesn't make for pleasant reading.

But that's my thoughts on last night's game.

On the whole the season has been fantastic. We have plenty to be proud of and lots to look forward to.

I'm worried about last night's effect on the next too games. I don't want to even think about what happens if we don't pick up 3 points from one of those games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Did lamela even see him??? He didnt look at him once. Yeah spurs should have had a couple of reds(but lamelas was never intentional), but thats upto the ref.

Of course chelsea would never act in the same fashion. Youd never see them bring down the quality of a game by say confronting the referee for example?

He didn't see him will you ever give over, no doubt it was intentional and should be banned retrospectively,dirty cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I

What frustrates me more than anything was not the Dembele incident, walkers rash challenges, Lamela's clash with Fabregas or whatever went on at full time but rather the way we fell part after the 2nd Chelsea goal. We didn't fashion another half chance in the remaining 20 mins and the spurs players seemed more intent on settling scores with their opposite numbers instead of getting a result.

There was only 7 minutes left when Chelsea got the 2nd. What game were you watching?? :pac:

dobman88 wrote: »
    There was only 7 minutes left when Chelsea got the 2nd. What game were you watching?? :pac:

+ 6 added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

dobman88 wrote:
    There was only 7 minutes left when Chelsea got the 2nd. What game were you watching??

Ha ha. Plus 6 mins injury.

Was it the 83rd when the got the 2nd? I thought there was 10 or 12 mins left of the regulations 90. Anyway, my points still stands. Another 5 mins on the pitch and all he'll would have broke loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

This chump is a mod on the soccer forum. Hard to believe eh?

He constantly at this trolling lark. My guess is he started following the Russians around the turn of the millennium .. Am i right ?.. Gowan tell uncle levy he's right !.. # follow the winning team ...😂

A horrible horrible club that lot.

Great season for us.

The future is bright. The future is lily white. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

FixitFelix wrote: »
    He didn't see him will you ever give over, no doubt it was intentional and should be banned retrospectively,dirty cnut

His head is looking the other way, he doesnt change his stride, doesnt stamp.

Thats what I see looking at the incident. He obviously knows fabregas is there but I honestly dont think he did it on purpose.

If others feel differently fine but Id be amazed if he got banned for it afterwards

MrKingsley wrote: »
    His head is looking the other way, he doesnt change his stride, doesnt stamp.

Thats what I see looking at the incident. He obviously knows fabregas is there but I honestly dont think he did it on purpose.

If others feel differently fine but Id be amazed if he got banned for it afterwards

He's the one that fouled Fabregas so he knew he was there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Levy Lover wrote: »
    This chump is a mod on the soccer forum. Hard to believe eh?

He constantly at this trolling lark. My guess is he started following the Russians around the turn of the millennium .. Am i right ?.. Gowan tell uncle levy he's right !.. # follow the winning team ...😂

A horrible horrible club that lot.

Great season for us.

The future is bright. The future is lily white. COYS

Seriously a mod on the soccer forum where you cannot say boo without getting banned yet this idiot is able to say what he wants and abuse other club fans and this is allowed? I thought mods were supposed to be neutral and level headed on the forums they mod?
    Also this is a Spurs supporters forums for fans on boards to discuss our club is there no way to lock it down and stop other club trolls from disrupting threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

FixitFelix wrote: »
    He's the one that fouled Fabregas so he knew he was there

As much as it galls me id be inclined to think Lamela knew exactly what he was doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Seriously a mod on the soccer forum where you cannot say boo without getting banned yet this idiot is able to say what he wants and abuse other club fans and this is allowed? I thought mods were supposed to be neutral and level headed on the forums they mod?
    Also this is a Spurs supporters forums for fans on boards to discuss our club is there no way to lock it down and stop other club trolls from disrupting threads?

Just dont take the bait, as hard as it is sometimes, especially after the disappointment of last night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement