Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht vs Munster, Sat 16th April 19.15, Sportsground. Sky Sports 5/TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The comparison was made in relation to their heights. Nothing more, I promise ;).

I'd like to see Bealham doing a John Hayes lift in the lineout though :)

Bealham doesn't have farmer muscle though does he? I can't see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Bealham doesn't have farmer muscle though does he? I can't see it happening
    He could spend a summer with Sean O'Brien to get trained in. :D

He could spend a summer with Sean O'Brien to get trained in. :D

Farmer muscle is developed over a lifetime, it's not just something you can pick up in a few weeks, months or years.

You don't develop farm strength.

Farmer muscle is developed over a lifetime, it's not just something you can pick up in a few weeks, months or years.
    Oh Lord! What happened to your sense of humour? I was not being at all serious, I grew up in farming country and spent many a summer tossing the old square bales around, so I know what's involved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Congrats Connacht, Great match, especially that last try.

Seems a long time now since IRFU wanted to disband Connacht

Oh Lord! What happened to your sense of humour? I was not being at all serious, I grew up in farming country and spent many a summer tossing the old square bales around, so I know what's involved.

Farmer muscle isn't something you should be joking about, with great power comes great responsibility.

Farmer muscle isn't something you should be joking about, with great power comes great responsibility.
    That's better :)

I was afraid that the old IBF had managed to get his account back from you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Real farm strength involves being able to move bales after spending a day in the bog and a couple of hours in the suspensionless tractor so your back in sufficiently broken before you try to move them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

?width=740&version=2725192

This pissed me off no end. A dreadful penalty to concede.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why?

For going high?
    For trying to play the ball on the ground?
    For not rolling away?
    That a shooter should have been used much more often?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why?

For going high?
    For not rolling away?

The high tackle.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The high tackle.

not his first in the match i thought aswell

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Why?

For going high?
    For not rolling away?

All of the above

CgfVvKcXEAAiAUE.jpg

Just looking at this penalty again, I think it's crazy how Bealham has managed to get his jersey to push Cronin's arm up and backwards there. Poor Cronin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

CgfVvKcXEAAiAUE.jpg

Just looking at this penalty again, I think it's crazy how Bealham has managed to get his jersey to push Cronin's arm up and backwards there. Poor Cronin.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/against-the-head-453/10561862/?ap=1
    From about 7:20

According to Eddie O'Sullivan, Bealham's feet are way back and he is not supporting his own weight. There is no obligation on a Loosehead to support a TH according to Eddie.

In 4th scrum (pic above I think?) he says Bealham isn't supporting his own weight again and just collapses.

jm08 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/against-the-head-453/10561862/?ap=1
    From about 7:20

According to Eddie O'Sullivan, Bealham's feet are way back and he is not supporting his own weight. There is no obligation on a Loosehead to support a TH according to Eddie.

In 4th scrum (pic above I think?) he says Bealham isn't supporting his own weight again and just collapses.

It's really very clear that Cronin is pulling it down, I don't know how much more blatantly obvious it'd need to be really.

It's really very clear that Cronin is pulling it down, I don't know how much more blatantly obvious it'd need to be really.
    Well, Eddie says Bealham is not supporting his own weight. Did you look at his analysis on Against the Head?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Unbelievable the lengths some people will go to to alter reality to suit what they want to believe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Do you not realise we're playing a game of Eddie Says. If you didnt say "Eddie Says..." it doesn't count!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Zzippy wrote: »
    Do you not realise we're playing a game of Eddie Says. If you didnt say "Eddie Says..." it doesn't count!

But what does ROG say?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    But what does ROG say?

What does the ROG say?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Well, Eddie says Bealham is not supporting his own weight. Did you look at his analysis on Against the Head?

Your appeals to authority (a common thing...) are utterly deluded when there is pictorial evidence right in front of your face.

Its pretty clear that Bealham isn't supporting his own weight.

What does the ROG say?

ROG didn't analyse the scrums on national tv.

Teferi wrote: »
    Your appeals to authority (a common thing...) are utterly deluded when there is pictorial evidence right in front of your face.

Better than appealing to the chorus here for approval ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Better than appealing to the chorus here for approval ;)

Delusion.

Did you ever read Neil Treacy's scrum analysis on The 42? Unlike Eddie he actually understands the scrum. What Bealham is doing is not unusual, it's locking his body in position so that the opposing loosehead can't get any traction against him. What Eddie is saying is nonsense. Bealham is supported by his hooker, his bind on Cronin and the force coming from his legs and the tighthead lock. It's a very stable position and usually only adopted by very strong scrummagers like Bealham. Mike Ross and Cian Healy do it too. But Bealham is so strong in that position that he actually has forced Cronin in on his hooker. Cronin thought his only option was try and pull Bealham down and hope the ref blames someone else because if he doesn't, he's gone anyway.

But Eddie is a backs coach, so he'd know all about scrummaging. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Murray Kinsella also thinks Cronin instigated the collapse

• Advertisement

Bealham was wearing an illegal jersey which stretched itself out and pushed Cronin's hand down towards the ground.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement