Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2016

Options

Comments

I would like Breen to be tested much more at midfield. He drove me crazy with some wides but he looks good in the air, can point and is aggressive.

Poor Brendan Maher musn't know what to do with himself: played at half back, midfield and half forward over the last few years. Musical chairs of positions. Staying in one spot would do wonders for him

The toughest trade is up on the player for anyone that missed it tonight. Well worth a watch. Very good. Enjoyed last years too

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-toughest-trade-30003908/10541836/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Noticed it was on last night, was tired so I must watch it. I was also reading this article yesterday:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/hurling/no-beer-aussies-cant-believe-dedication-of-gaa-stars-like-brendan-maher-386212.html

This bit annoyed me:
    Maher said, personally, he probably wouldn’t drink much during the season anyhow. But he insisted he should be allowed to simply enjoy a soft drink in a bar without being quizzed about it.

“It would kind of annoy you that you could be in a pub having a Lucozade and someone comes up and says, ‘what are you doing here?’ You’re kind of going, ‘well, I’m just here with my friends, can I not be here for an hour, like?!’

“That’s the kind of stuff that would annoy you, you can’t even be seen out in a social setting with your friends, even though you’re just sitting there with a sparkling water. You’re told, ‘you shouldn’t be out’ or ‘you shouldn’t be here’. It could be half nine on a Friday night. You would get that quite a bit.”

Do people actually do this? Leave these lads alone, like!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tight game in Galway.
    Anyone watch it?
    2-19- 1-22 draw. Fair enough result...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Tight game in Galway.
    Anyone watch it?
    2-19- 1-22 draw. Fair enough result...

Should have won it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Lucky to get the draw in the end,once again we missed handy goal chances which would have won us the game,John Mc Grath and Breen done well again today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,835 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

More of the same really, some good individual performances, half forward line still very poor. Not winning many 50/50s thought Joe Canning was exceptional.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Goals seem to have evaporated for us anyway which is disappointing. Have we scored >1 goal in a game this campaign yet?

Tipp team to play Cork Sunday;
    Gleeson, Barrett, Barry, OBrien, Heffernan, R Maher, P Maher, B Maher, Breen, ODwyer, OMeara, N McGrath, Morris, J McGrath, A Ryan.
    need to win this to reach the QF and get at least one another competitive game behind us,won't beeasy if Cork play like they did against KK last week.....Hon the Premier.

tippspur wrote: »
    Tipp team to play Cork Sunday;
    Gleeson, Barrett, Barry, OBrien, Heffernan, R Maher, P Maher, B Maher, Breen, ODwyer, OMeara, N McGrath, Morris, J McGrath, A Ryan.
    need to win this to reach the QF and get at least one another competitive game behind us,won't beeasy if Cork play like they did against KK last week.....Hon the Premier.

We need to set our stall out from the first whistle here. Cork are open so it might even allow Kiwi to get on the ball and pick off a score. I fancy us to win but not by much.

Good performance from Tipp hurlers today,backs were very good despite conceding a couple of goals,John Mc Grath,Niall O Meara and Breen are great additions this year.roll on the QF against the Banner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

When are the QF date and venues determined?

Triboro wrote: »
    When are the QF date and venues determined?
    This afternoon is confirmation but we know which weekends

Division 1 Quarter-Finals
    April 2/3
    A) Kilkenny v Offaly (Toss for Venue*)
    B) Waterford v Wexford (Wexford Venue*)
    C) Dublin v Limerick (Toss for Venue*)
    D) Tipperary v Clare (Toss for Venue*)
    Semi Finals on April 17
    A v D
    B v C
    Final on May 5
    Division 1A Relegation Play-Off
    April 2/3
    Galway v Cork (Toss for Venue*)

We lost the toss unfortunately,we'll have to travel to Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

dunno if it's a bad thing. a good battle there might be a good thing for us...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Hope our footballers get to play in Semple on Sunday, it will not be needed by the hurlers for a few weeks at least !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Hope our footballers get to play in Semple on Sunday, it will not be needed by the hurlers for a few weeks at least !

The footballers are out this Saturday in clonmel.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Triboro

Or is it Sean Treacy park!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

Footballers out in clonmel on Saturday they keep changing venue but think it's clonmel

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

When is the Tipp and clare match for the hurlers

shauna17 wrote: »
    When is the Tipp and clare match for the hurlers

Sunday week in ennis

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    The footballers are out this Saturday in clonmel.

Against Kildare? We havent got as wet a winter in a long time tbf so i can understand the need to preserve Semple. Maybe a smaller more compact crowd in Clonmel might help us out.

I've never seen the Semple stadium pitch surface look so bad,were the people who look after it changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

I've never seen the Semple stadium pitch surface look so bad,were the people who look after it changed?
    It looked better after Féile in '93 :o

Ah in fairness now we had storm after storm after storm this winter. The soil has had to withstand severe soaking. Even the ever capable Philly Butler and his team would find this year tough going. The bit of rest and dry weather the last few weeks has done it good and as the days pass it will soon return to its natural glory no doubt about it.

Conor Kenny, Joe O Dwyer, Kieran Morris, Joe Gallagher, Bill Maher, Sean Ryan all gone from the squad after last weeks training camp in Mayo

Tipp team to play Clare...
    Mooney Barrett Barry OBrien Heffernan R Maher P Maher B Maher Breen N McGrath McCormack OMeara ODwyer Callanan J McGrath..........hon the Premier......

New Goalkeeper in the team for the big game against Clare,hope he goes well,Forde or Bonnar not fit enough to start Callanan back at full forward,I thin we have a team good enough to win but won't be easy down in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Tipperary Footballers manage to stay in Division 3 next year. Better luck next year lads !

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Callanan looks waay off the pace so far

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Another game we've thrown away

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement