Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it wrong to look at a woman's arse these days?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

The thing with me is, I think the female bum is a work of art. Pantsuit, jeans, yoga pants whatever. Big, small, something in between, I'm really not fussy. A good bum is a good bum

A miracle of natural design that could almost make me believe there really is a god...

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I wouldn't spend half the morning trying to get my arse into a pair of skinny jeans if I didn't want it gawked at. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

smash wrote: »
    It's a trap. That forum is useless.

Useless as in having no use. May I ask what 'use' you hoped it would provide?

Useless as in having no use. May I ask what 'use' you hoped it would provide?

Exciting sex talk shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Exciting sex talk shenanigans!

Where? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

storker wrote: »
    Where? :D

Not in the sex and sexuality forum anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

storker wrote: »
    A miracle of natural design that could almost make me believe there really is a god...
    :D well yeah, but and its a big but(see what I did there…) we are "programmed" by nature to see a woman's bum as beautiful and a great design, but it's actually a bit of a hodgepodge of compromises. Because we have babies with massive heads the female hips had to widen to accommodate them. Grand and the ideal hip/waist ratio even telegraphs this trait and fertility in general, but all this really compromised locomotion. Look at women athletes in running, the top ones are nearly always built more like men with narrower hips and more male arses. They're also less knock kneed than the average woman tends to be because of the oul hips bum thang.
    smash wrote: »
    Not in the sex and sexuality forum anyway.
    Sadly all too true. It used to get some decent traffic years ago with a fair number of interesting threads, but it's pretty much dead these days and has been for a long while. There were plans afoot to relaunch it a couple of years back, but that stagnated in the planning stage. I'm not sure how we could revive it TBH, which is a pity.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It'd be rude not to stare if it looks like she does squats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

It'd be rude not to stare if it looks like she does squats

I actually prefer a big bum!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gL4Vf2FLtq8

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

On the subject of lovely arses, some waitresses in The Goat have some of the nicest, fist-biting holes on the island I would've said. I suspect it's a prerequisite for the job actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I am short and female - nature's finest bird-watching hide. I could be staring for days and nobody would notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

I'll answer the thread question: nothing!

Leering on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is it wrong to look at a woman's arse these days? ..... Yes!!!!! It is extremely wrong to look at a girls ass :mad:

.... you should totally be staring at it instead. I mean getting a right bloody look. Mentally taking it in for that **** later on :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Has anyone noticed that the classier a girl is, the smaller her boobs.

Then...
    Huh? confused.png
    Smidge wrote: »
    Sorry Walrus, but this has to be one of the dumbest posts I have ever read on Boards....boob size equates to being classy??

Give over.

To be fair to Walrus, I think I get what he means.
    Obviously saying girls with smaller boobs = more classy is so so wrong. With roughly 3.5 billion women on the planet it's a silly statement to make. But let's think about the media on this one (just hear me out)

Compare nude fashion type models to page 3/glamour modeling. Or in other words compare someone like Kate Moss to Katie (Jordon) Price.
    One on hand the fashion/runway models tend to be smaller breasted and almost always photographed in a classy nude way. Usually in black and white.
    Then take your Katie Price type of modeling (Glamour modeling) and it's all about the bigger breasted, photographed up front "have a look at these bad boys" type of way :pac:

So I assume Walrus meant the media representation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

If I see a nice arse , I take a pic, google the image, find the girl's Facebook account, tgwn send her a message asking her if she would be offended if I glanced at her arse and thought it was nice. If she says it's fine, I have a look and if not, I have a sly look.
    You've gotta have a bit of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Then...

Obviously saying girls with smaller boobs = more classy is so so wrong. With roughly 3.5 billion women on the planet it's a silly statement to make. But let's think about the media on this one (just hear me out)

Compare nude fashion type models to page 3/glamour modeling. Or in other words compare someone like Kate Moss to Katie (Jordon) Price.
    One on hand the fashion/runway models tend to be smaller breasted and almost always photographed in a classy nude way. Usually in black and white.
    Then take your Katie Price type of modeling (Glamour modeling) and it's all about the bigger breasted, photographed up front "have a look at these bad boys" type of way :pac:

I get the "Page 3 image" thing but surely people don't co relate this into real life?
    Women with larger/average sized (ie not smaller breasted women, even though the same thing still applies)are not classy in everyday life?
    Jesus, are the size of our boobies now the indicator of our status?
    That's a bit shocking tbh to think that anyone really judges it that way is odd.
    Its just SKIN AND TISSUE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Then...

Do you need a shovel there BA? :pac:

The only reason I was confused is because Walrus said that they prefers bums to boobs because boobs say nothing about a girl... and then they asked as anyone else noticed that classier girls have smaller boobs! Well... isn't that suggesting that boobs say something about a girl?

Walrus might have noticed that, but I can't say I've noticed it. I know and have known women with bums and boobs of all shapes and sizes that have buckets of class, and they know how to take care of themselves! :D

I get the "Page 3 image" thing but surely people don't co relate this into real life?
    Women with larger/average sized (ie not smaller breasted women, even though the same thing still applies)are not classy in everyday life?
    That's a bit shocking tbh to think that anyone really judges it that way is odd.

Ahh here, they are so, sooo much more than just skin and tissue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I agree, but sadly I think some people do associate smaller boobs/more slender curves in general with being more classy, not understanding that the same outfit on a more slender woman can look very different on a curvier woman of the same size.

I'm a curvy woman myself - size 8 & a small band size, but a large cup size. It's my ass that gets the most attention though. I was a gymnast for years & have the glutes to prove it. I work in finance & have a coworker who's about an inch taller, same waist size, but very slender chest & hips & she can wear dresses that look very classy whereas if I wore those same dresses, it would be too "va-va-voom" for a conservative work environment.

On topic, I don't mind guys checking out my ass. I don't even mind hearing a, "Damn, girl!" But I don't like it when they try to take pictures. I had a guy follow me to my car once, announcing to his friend he was going to take a picture of my ass. That's not cool.

• Advertisement

Ahh here, they are so, sooo much more than just skin and tissue! :D

No they are really JUST that!
    Skin and tissue.
    Its what others see them as is the thing.
    Something to feed a baby?
    Funbags?

Its still just another part of human anatomy, its our view of them, depending on the view, that casts them in a role.

To me, and so many more women, they are just our bodies. No different to the way a man vies his body parts.

To say we are less "classy" because a certain part of our bodies are larger than other women....its just mental tbh.

I agree, but sadly I think some people do associate smaller boobs/more slender curves in general with being more classy, not understanding that the same outfit on a more slender woman can look very different on a curvier woman of the same size.

I'm a curvy woman myself - size 8 & a small band size, but a large cup size. It's my ass that gets the most attention though. I was a gymnast for years & have the glutes to prove it. I work in finance & have a coworker who's about an inch taller, same waist size, but very slender chest & hips & she can wear dresses that look very classy whereas if I wore those same dresses, it would be too "va-va-voom" for a conservative work environment.

On topic, I don't mind guys checking out my ass. I don't even mind hearing a, "Damn, girl!" But I don't like it when they try to take pictures. I had a guy follow me to my car once, announcing to his friend he was going to take a picture of my ass. That's not cool.

:eek:

*faints*

:pac:

Yeah thats just weird. Have to say my attributes are not worthy enough to take a pic of but still:pac:
    Women and men come in all different shapes sizes and forms.
    I would never dream of judging a man on his physical attributions in relation to being trashy(classy for women)

No they are really JUST that!
    Skin and tissue.
    Its what others see them as is the thing.
    Something to feed a baby?
    Funbags?

Its still just another part of human anatomy, its our view of them, depending on the view, that casts them in a role.

To me, and so many more women, they are just our bodies. No different to the way a man vies his body parts.

To say we are less "classy" because a certain part of our bodies are larger than other women....its just mental tbh.

I'm gonna need that shovel back... :D

Ahh no the suggestion that a woman's body is at all an indication of how classy she is or anything else is just... nonsense!!

But, saying that they're just skin and tissue? I know women that happen to be very attached to their boobs, and they do tend to value and appreciate their aesthetic appeal! :p

I'm gonna need that shovel back... :D

Ahh no the suggestion that a woman's body is at all an indication of how classy she is or anything else is just... nonsense!!

But, saying that they're just skin and tissue? I know women that happen to be very attached to their boobs, and they do tend to value and appreciate their aesthetic appeal! :p

Breast are skin and tissue.
    No more, no less.
    To say a women is less "classy" because hers are bigger than another's was the point.
    Point has been made.
    Boob size does not determine how classy you are.
    End of.

*walks out of thread jiggling*
    :pac:

I stand by my point. Big boobs are genetic. I find that your typical inner city trollope will have larger boobs than your librarian/lawyer/credit analyst.

I'm at the airport. Over the public address system, a young lady with a thick Dublin accent announced 'flight Fr11 to Lu'in (Luton)'. I don't need to investigate to know that lady is not flat chested*

*I'm being ever-so-slightly facetious but the point stands.

I stand by my point. Big boobs are genetic. I find that your typical inner city trollope will have larger boobs than your librarian/lawyer/credit analyst.

You can't be serious??

*sigh*

Ok Walrus, you could do worse than read this while you're waiting -

3. Bigger Breasts, Higher IQ

Contrary to popular and unfounded belief, large-breasted women actually have higher intelligence than their less-endowed counterparts. A 2011 University of Chicago study found larger-breasted women scored an average of 10 points higher than other women in IQ tests. Women with average-sized breasts also scored higher than those who were the smallest size in the group. The women were divided into five categories based on their breast measurements: extra-large, large, medium, small, and extra-small breast sizes.

It has not yet been determined why the correlation between breast size and intelligence may exist, but it’s suspected to have something to do with sex hormone levels. They help determine a woman’s breast size. Also, it could be linked to the possibility about natural selection where intelligent men prefer larger breasted women for reproductive partners to ensure their offspring will inherit a larger breast size and higher intelligence.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/double-trouble-how-your-breast-size-speaks-volumes-about-you-313692

Now, personally I would suggest that the fact that my wife went from a 32B to 36GG has no direct correlation with her quite considerable intelligence, or the fact that she is an incredibly classy woman. But the fact that you think intelligence in any way relates to class, let alone the size of a woman's boobs, is an indication that you really need to get out a bit more and actually talk to women. That's likely a better indicator of their intelligence and class, than their breast size or their elocution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Forget about the arses....there is cameltoe to be gawked at everywhere....do these women not look in the mirror...

Advertisement