Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it wrong to look at a woman's arse these days?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I love a good arse. Everyone should send me a pic of their arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Huh, I am always flattered. My arse has its own facebook page. Move over, Pippa!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Is it wrong to look at a woman's arse these days?

Quite natural to look... ;)

Staring may be considered creepy! :o
    Surreptitious photography definitely offensive. :eek:
    Selfies are out! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

Looking is fine, staring isn't.

Looking is fine, staring isn't.

After how many seconds does a look officially become a stare?

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »

When it becomes obvious that's what you're doing... Id say 8-10 seconds

That's plenty of time to capture some good mental imagery!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Jesus even I wouldn't be staring that long, you're into fixation territory there!! :pac:

Jesus even I wouldn't be staring that long, you're into fixation territory there!! :pac:

It depends on the context, like if the girl is walking down the street in front of you..,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

katemarch wrote: »
    Huh, I am always flattered. My arse has its own facebook page. Move over, Pippa!

I saw 'Peppa' the first time I read that.

Lols ensued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I love a good arse.

It depends on the context, like if the girl is walking down the street in front of you..,

Yeah that's happened a couple of times alright where the girl was walking in front of me and was doing that whole hypnotic hip sway movement, I'd to cross the street to get out from behind her because i wasn't looking where I was going!! :o

Hey, if she's in front of you and she's going the same route then any length of time is fair game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Hey, if she's in front of you and she's going the same route then any length of time is fair game...

Unless you adjust your route to follow her!

Menas wrote: »
    Unless you adjust your route to follow her!

Well... yea :D

Seriously, if ever the day comes when a man doesn't notice a nice arse, I will know the whole place has gone to hell in a handcart.

It's natural for them to look. Anyone who wants to keep their arse out of sight, should keep it out of sight.

Come to that, I am a woman and I do appreciate a pretty arse on a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

steddyeddy wrote: »
    My missus has a great bum. Was only complimenting her on it last night.

Yeah, so was I !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

367 I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

http://i.imgur.com/2FLhR.jpg

The only thing I can think of when someone brings up this topic.

That picture perfectly explains my usual argument when I hear a woman waffling on about how men are perverts for looking at cleavage.

If something is very noticeable, then it's very noticeable. If I walked into the room with my zip down and knob swinging loose, then I would get stares. That doesn't mean those staring are perverts, or even attracted to me/it. They're just spotting something that is very noticeable.

(note, I have never actually carried out the experiment described above...)

Of course when the very noticeable thing is also very attractive, it is all the more difficult not to stare.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That picture perfectly explains my usual argument when I hear a woman waffling on about how men are perverts for looking at cleavage.

If something is very noticeable, then it's very noticeable. If I walked into the room with my zip down and knob swinging loose, then I would get stares. That doesn't mean those staring are perverts, or even attracted to me/it. They're just spotting something that is very noticeable.

(note, I have never actually carried out the experiment described above...)

Of course when the very noticeable thing is also very attractive, it is all the more difficult not to stare.

Genuinely, how often does anyone hear that from women?

More women have pointed out to me I'm flying low (when I am flying low), than I have ever heard going on about how men are perverts for looking at cleavage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is it wrong to take a photo of a woman's arse with a smartphone to save for later? (or would that be offensive to the arse)

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Is it wrong to take a photo of a woman's arse with a smartphone to save for later? (or would that be offensive to the arse)

Yes.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Is it wrong to take a photo of a woman's arse with a smartphone to save for later?

Yes. You should really use a DSLR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Genuinely, how often does anyone hear that from women?

I am in a 95% female working environment so it does get mentioned, usually linked in from some other section of the "men are pigs" theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭tampopo

What makes a great arse then?

Cycling. And more cycling.

tampopo wrote: »
    Cycling. And more cycling.

And squats

And squats

Thumbs up to cycling, (don't know about squats.)
    And walking UPHILL. I am serious. Next time you are walking uphill, touch a palm over your crease-between-thigh-and-bottom. Thats where the muscle is that supports it all. You can feel it working.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I am in a 95% female working environment so it does get mentioned, usually linked in from some other section of the "men are pigs" theory.

Just because you work mostly with women is completely unrelated to how often, if ever, it's been mentioned. I've always worked with women who have told me straight out I'm a woeful pervert, not for staring at their cleavage or their arse though, they're used to that :D

The whole men are pigs thing? Well that's why I asked how often anyone hears that stuff, because I rarely ever hear it tbh, and it's usually only said when a man is behaving like a pig!

katemarch wrote: »
    Thumbs up to cycling, (don't know about squats.)
    And walking UPHILL. I am serious. Next time you are walking uphill, touch a palm over your crease-between-thigh-and-bottom. Thats where the muscle is that supports it all. You can feel it working.

Can I just touch someone else's instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

And what about these Freddy jeans jeans lads? They should be outlawed

https://www.google.ie/search?q=freddy+jeans&biw=1745&bih=868&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjR0v6Akd7LAhVC7RQKHSNFAt0Q_AUIBigB

No I take that back they should be made mandatory :D

Advertisement