Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

• 22-03-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

..Yes it looks like it happening.
    “I am looking forward to it, absolutely,” said Arnold Schwarzenegger when asked by Australia’s Channel Nine Weekend Today host Richard Wilkins about a future Terminator movie.

source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was entertained by the 1st half of the last film despite the non-existent chemistry, very dodgy acting (Arnie gets a pass because it's Arnie :pac:) and awful delivery of the old-school quotes, but it was reduced to muck by the end.

Wasn't Die Hard 5 awful, at least...............now THAT'S how you kill a legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I was entertained by the 1st half of the last film despite the non-existent chemistry, very dodgy acting (Arnie gets a pass because it's Arnie :pac:) and awful delivery of the old-school quotes, but it was reduced to muck by the end.

Wasn't Die Hard 5 awful, at least...............now THAT'S how you kill a legacy.

Die Hard 5 was legitimately one of the worst films I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hopefully now that they see R rated movies can make a killing at the box office (deadpool) they will revert it back to being an 18's

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

cronin_j wrote: »
    Hopefully now that they see R rated movies can make a killing at the box office (Dropbox) they will revert it back to being an 18's

Not much point if the plot, the acting, the set pieces and action are still utter crap though.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Not much point if the plot, the acting, the set pieces and action are still utter crap though.

True, but the acting was ****e in 1 and 2 aswell, the only thing that made it good was the fact that the terminator seemed like something to be genuinely afraid of. You cant portray nightmarish stuff like that really unless its an adult movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

True, but the acting was ****e in 1 and 2 aswell, the only thing that made it good was the fact that the terminator seemed like something to be genuinely afraid of. You cant portray nightmarish stuff like that really unless its an adult movie.

You watch your filthy mouth!!!

1 & 2 are the epitome of 80's/90's era action and they're the only two decades worth a damn.

The rest are just gratuitous examples of scandalous necrophilia.

Alcoheda wrote: »
    You watch your filthy mouth!!!

1 & 2 are the epitome of 80's/90's era action and they're the only two decades worth a damn.

The rest are just gratuitous examples of scandalous necrophilia.

Ha ha. Genuinely Terminator 2 is in my top three favorite films!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Ha ha. Genuinely Terminator 2 is in my top three favorite films!

It's so frickin good!!! My favorite action movie by a country mile. It's just got so much going on from start to finish.
    Still blows me away.

admittedly... the acting is pretty sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

It is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I want this film to be good.

I have many thoughts and points racing around my head but really.. cos Terminator 2 was such a cool film when I was young.. it boils down to: I want this film to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

py2006 wrote: »
    It is?

It's not. Edward Furlong's John Connor is an annoying whiney brat, but I think he's supposed to be exactly like that. The rest of the cast are all spot on. Linda Hamilton turning from a frightened victim in The Terminator into the single-minded killing machine of T2 is particularly impressive given how many times we've seen other attempts at a similar tough female character in the last 25 years fall well short of this mark. Up there with Sigourney Weaver's Ripley as an iconic heroine, I reckon.
    Schwarzenegger's screen presence and charisma is huge, even when he is just staring dispassionately and delivering a monotone line. It takes talent to be able to pull that off.
    Robert Patrick's sleek shapechanging assassin droid is genuinely unnerving and dangerous, can't fault his performance at all.

I think we got a good look at exactly what dodgy acting could be like in the subsequent sequels. Terminator 2 definitely did not have this problem.

check_six wrote: »
    I think we got a good look at exactly what dodgy acting could be like in the subsequent sequels. Terminator 2 definitely did not have this problem.

I actually liked Nick Stahl as John Connor in T3; reluctant and unwilling to accept his destiny which made sense. I thought the casting for Genisys was aimed at attracting GoT fans and Jai Courteney couldn't have been more generic. I hope they at least leave out the crappy humour this time around. I just watched London Has Fallen and that's a miles better film simply for getting the f**king tone right which really shouldn't be too much to ask for.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It's so frickin good!!! My favorite action movie by a country mile. It's just got so much going on from start to finish.
    Still blows me away.

T2 is a great film (best sequel ever made?) and one I saw in the cinema several times on its release. However, the intervening years have seen me appreciate the first film more than it - where T2 is flabby at times, the original is a masterclass in lean, mean filmmaking. Plus, 80s hairdos! To see all that promise reduced to the pathetic mess that was Genisys is aggravating; I don't hold out much hope for T6 being a 'return to form'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,823 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I can only watch the first one. The rest are moronic.

Seriously, just let it die. :rolleyes:

OAP robots...fkn 'ell.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm not sure where they can go with this as Genisy messed everything up so badly.

If it is a sequel to Genisy I'm out, that was one of the few films were I wanted everyone to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Maybe Arnies words have been taken out of context?

Even though I'm a huge Arnie fan, there has to be a time when he will say "I won't be back"

Tony EH wrote: »
    I can only watch the first one. The rest are moronic.

You....can't....watch.....T.....2.....?!?

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Genisys was actually watchable and basically set up a T6 movie. It'll very much be a "more machines, more fighting" thing. Will they even bring time travel into it?

After T3, didn't someone basically advise Arnie that the franchise had already been molested and he may as well milk it for everything he can get?

One thing that the later films have annoyed me about is that T1 and T2 were still sci-fi as well as action, and while they didn't go mad on the backstories, the science they did involved was described just enough to make it believable.

The rest basically started making up whatever nonsense they wanted that would help the story along, regardless of whether it was remotely believable. A terminator with a special gun-hand that can somehow get through the time-travel device. A human-machine hybrid from 30 years ago. Primitive (by T2 standards) polymimetic alloy that can magically transform a T500 into a T1000, just so that we don't have to see him die.

You....can't....watch.....T.....2.....?!?

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Arnie needs to be able to let go and let it pass on to new characters, he can't be the main character anymore.

Look at Star Wars - it worked as Harrison Ford + Carrie Fisher were not the main characters - they played a handover role , and don't get me wrong I loved Harrison Ford in the new Star Wars, but the new characters stole the show for me.

Arnie needs to do the same, he can't be the main Terminator anymore , he needs a smaller role and new stronger characters need to be brought in for the handover - dump those 2 wooden dopes they had playing Kyle and Sarah.

I read somewhere a great idea - Arnie plays some human general, and back in his youth he was a legendary soldier , now in the beginnings of the war he is an experienced general - gets captured by skynet and they base the T-800 on this fine example of a warrior !! :)

Nope.

You just broke the internet , congratulations ...:P

T2 is the finest sequel ever made.

It has the unusual (perhaps Aliens too) fact that it's better then the original.

You just broke the internet , congratulations ...:P

You're a builder...fix it.
    T2 is the finest sequel ever made.

Oh come on...better than 'The Godfather Part II', 'The Empire Strikes Back', or 'Dawn of the Dead'? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

seamus wrote: »
    Genisys was actually watchable and basically set up a T6 movie. It'll very much be a "more machines, more fighting" thing. Will they even bring time travel into it?

After T3, didn't someone basically advise Arnie that the franchise had already been molested and he may as well milk it for everything he can get?

One thing that the later films have annoyed me about is that T1 and T2 were still sci-fi as well as action, and while they didn't go mad on the backstories, the science they did involved was described just enough to make it believable.

The rest basically started making up whatever nonsense they wanted that would help the story along, regardless of whether it was remotely believable. A terminator with a special gun-hand that can somehow get through the time-travel device. A human-machine hybrid from 30 years ago. Primitive (by T2 standards) polymimetic alloy that can magically transform a T500 into a T1000, just so that we don't have to see him die.

That would have been James Cameron.

You're a builder...fix it.

Yeah but a Cowboy Builder ... I wouldn't hire myself to put up some shelves... :P

Oh come on...better than 'The Godfather Part II', 'The Empire Strikes Back', or 'Dawn of the Dead'? :eek:
    sh*t forgot about Empire !! :o

Well it's rare anyway !!

Ah here!

T2 is certainly up there with the best sequels.

How can you not like....

Don't forget your coat before you leave the internet and don't let the firewall hit you in the ass on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I read somewhere a great idea - Arnie plays some human general, and back in his youth he was a legendary soldier , now in the beginnings of the war he is an experienced general - gets captured by skynet and they base the T-800 on this fine example of a warrior !! :)

A version of this was an unused scene in T3. It works as a cheesy comedy sketch, but would not have worked in the movie. Have a look for it on youtube.

Ah here!

T2 is certainly up there with the best sequels.

How can you not like....

It's loud, stupid, outstays its welcome, has truly annoying characters and a ridiculous liquid robot.

The first picture is just a better film over all, even if the effects look dated these days. But, it was made on a pretty modest budget. It's darker and more serious tone leaves a better lasting impression.

I saw 'Terminator 2' in the cinema when it first came out and a few times since, but there's always been things that have rubbed me up the wrong way about it.

It's loud, stupid, outstays its welcome, has truly annoying characters and a ridiculous liquid robot.

The first picture is just a better film over all, even if the effects look dated these days. But, it was made on a pretty modest budget. It's darker and more serious tone leaves a better lasting impression.

I saw 'Terminator 2' in the cinema when it first came out and a few times since, but there's always been things that have rubbed me up the wrong way about it.

You are literally the first person EVER to dislike that movie. :eek:

The first is awesome don't get me wrong but this was an excellent sequel. Can't believe I am trying to justify it.

Did you skip your cornflakes this morning or something?

• Advertisement

You are literally the first person EVER to dislike that movie. :eek:

The first is awesome don't get me wrong but this was an excellent sequel. Can't believe I am trying to justify it.

Did you skip your cornflakes this morning or something?

I wasn't mad about it in 1991, never mind this morning. :P

You don't have to justify it. If you like it, you like it.

Advertisement