Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Weather 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

sryanbruen wrote: »
    What would you do to have a month like March or April 2011 again?

wait. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭pauldry

Easy to predict todays weather in Sligo

Cloudy in Sligo like most Sundays or misty
    Suns forbidden from Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Iancar29 wrote: »
    High pressure doesn't necessarily mean sunny days.

Don't really want to say I told yas so... but

39133778.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Don't really want to say I told yas so... but

39133778.jpg

:pac:

I never expected very sunny days tbh. I just wanted a big break from that awful Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Partially cloudy and sunny in Castlebar today, nicer than yesterday at close to 10C, surprised as it usually rains during most of our St. Patrick's day parades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Google said Spring starts today (in northern hemisphere). Strange... ;)

380815.png

wait. :)

Sorry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

joujoujou wrote: »
    Google said Spring starts today (in northern hemisphere). Strange... ;)

380815.png

Indeed - it feels more like winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭highdef

Well today is the spring equinox and many countries consider it to be the first day of spring so not odd at all really, considering Google's American background

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clear sky and sun all day, and now a clear sky out there tonight, doesnt get any better

• Advertisement

highdef wrote: »
    Well today is the spring equinox and many countries consider it to be the first day of spring so not odd at all really, considering Google's American background

Indeed.

What's odd is the insistence of so many that the first of February is the start of spring!

As we head for yet another March colder than December....

Interesting to bring that up Schadenfreudia. Since you did so, I just thought I'd look at Marches in my records that were colder than the preceding December.

March 2016: 5.3c
    December 2015: 8.5c

March 2013: 2.3c
    December 2012: 3.9c

March 2006: 4.8c (equalled)
    December 2005: 4.8c (equalled)

March 1986: 4.8c
    December 1985: 5.3c (not officially as Grange wasn't in operation in this month. This is worked out as a result of Met Éireann's data of other near by stations)

Apart from being duller, this March has been very comparable to last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Timmyboy

Around the Killarney area today it was cloudy in the morning but then cleared later on for a warm and sunny afternoon. Good to feel the heat of the sun.
    We've had a good solid 10 days or so now of dry weather. More of this please.

It has been just cloudy up to now here at Grange but it has not been like pitch-black, so it is a rather pleasant cloudy day - wish there were more like these instead of Friday just gone which was very cold and dull here.

Not looking forward to going back to square one from Wednesday onwards with rain, rain, rain and more rain all over again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not looking forward to going back to square one from Wednesday onwards with rain, rain, rain and more rain all over again!

Same here.

So much for the prolonged dry spell touted by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Ah it could be worse at least we got a bit of a summer this year sure.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We could do with another few weeks of dry weather to totally dry the place up but unfortunately were back to square one from Wednesday. The 10 day dry spell was very welcome tho, lets hope we dont have to endure another 5 months of rain before the next dry spell.

Gonzo wrote: »
    We could do with another few weeks of dry weather to totally dry the place up but unfortunately were back to square one from Wednesday. The 10 day dry spell was very welcome tho, lets hope we dont have to endure another 5 months of rain before the next dry spell.

Well May is expected to be the next drier than normal month by me. I think M.T. says so too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It has been just cloudy up to now here at Grange but it has not been like pitch-black, so it is a rather pleasant cloudy day - wish there were more like these instead of Friday just gone which was very cold and dull here.

I agree, today, though cloudy, was very pleasant and calm. Maybe it is just me but I have noticed more than once that when people are out and about on calm, cloudy but very dry days like today, that they are more 'mellow' or something. Such weather seems to induce a calmness in people, both inside and out.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Has MT done the spring forecast?

Forever21 wrote: »
    Has MT done the spring forecast?

Look at the front page of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was down in Canaries for last 10 days absolutely glorious proper sunshine temps in low 20s blue skies dry and warm. And back to another bank holiday weekend of utter sh1t by the looks of it. Typical.

Was down in Canaries for last 10 days absolutely glorious proper sunshine temps in low 20s blue skies dry and warm. And back to another bank holiday weekend of utter sh1t by the looks of it. Typical.

You should of stayed there tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It was beautiful little chilly in the evenings but the brightness the warmth were super. Back to dull cold uninspiring weather and an outlook of rain and wind. Its actually depressing here at timed our climate really negatively impacts on us. Middle of spring almost now and its a lot colder than middle of winter.

It was beautiful little chilly in the evenings but the brightness the warmth were super. Back to dull cold uninspiring weather and an outlook of rain and wind. Its actually depressing here at timed our climate really negatively impacts on us. Middle of spring almost now and its a lot colder than middle of winter.

That's Ireland for ya!!!

That's Ireland for ya!!!

That is something some folk here seem to has difficulty reconciling to - if you like warm dry sunny weather then Ireland is one of the last places you can expect it!

I like that weather too - but I realise it is a rare enough occurrence in our climate - no point complaining about the absolutely normal :)

It has been calm and dry for 13 days - that is pretty good for March hereabouts....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

no point complaining about the absolutely normal :)

Best comment on the fourm.

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Best comment on the fourm.

:o

Advertisement