Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 4th 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Had a teacher from Kerry for a couple of years in primary school.

Loved his GAA, he was a great man.
    My four children had the same Kerry teacher for 4th class in peimary school. They are all the better for it. He coached two of them to win poetry competitions. One was to be read by my daughter to Mickey D but the newly crowned bishop of Elphin just happened to be passing and dropped in to give a speech. With the result, the childrens' poetry reading had to be dropped.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Till tomorrow night, folks!

Nos da :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    TOny-Gregory got stuff that was good for his constituents.

The Healy-Raes got stuff that was good for the Healy-Raes i.e. jobs on the boards for themselves and construction contracts that the family firm benefited from.

Exactly. Tony Gregory died virtually penniless. He didn't spend his final years hoovering up contracts from Kerry Co Council worth millions, or having his fingers in numerous, very, very lucrative financial pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

maryishere wrote: »
    No proper question to those two chancers about the economy, the fact the country is 200 billion in the red and still borrowing, global warming, world politics
    Probably should have had Enda, Brian and Bertie on if you wanted answers on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭MintyMagnum

They DO realise that they cant give them back when the novelty wears off dont they.

Well they have them 15yrs at this stage.. Autism & all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

FalconGirl wrote: »
    By the sounds of it the other lad completely chanced his arm and what do you know. ........

A huge part of it was that 5 of those who ran in Kerry South including one sitting TD didn't run this time out so there was a huge chunk of voters looking for someone new to give their vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Exactly. Tony Gregory died virtually penniless. He didn't spend his final years hoovering up contracts from Kerry Co Council worth millions, or having his fingers in numerous, very, very lucrative financial pies.

Well said PD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Autosport wrote: »
    The Map of Ireland ;)

Do you believe everything you read ?;)

ProudDUB wrote: »

Michael has 14 different properties on the register of interests for the Dail.

Will be interesting to see how many Danny has when the new version comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

That interview just reminded me I don't drink half enough to prepare myself for the LLS!!

Harry, have we a film tonight? :)

Final Destination 5, Grey. A bit of comedy to end the night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

That interview just reminded me I don't drink half enough to prepare myself for the LLS!!

Might I suggest Final Destination 5...its kind of apt...we're all fuc,,,,d

Damn it...thought Id steal a march...damn HOMER SIMPSON FINGERS

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

They got plenty of stuff done for their constituency and fair fcuks to them for doing so.

They got sfa done that didn't work in their benefit. The area is an unemployment blackspot with a very poor infrastructure. The bull actually did more for this area when he was around before we booted him back into his trough.These boys are going to be around for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

To be fair, the council has to go through a tender process for each contract...3 quotes minimum

Yep, true

Final Destination 5, Grey. A bit of comedy to end the night ;)

Sure I've been laughing my rocks off all night Harry!!

I can't laugh anymore!!....:D:D:D

:p

Does it matter I missed 1, 2, 3 and 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Do you believe everything you read ?;)

Well I do think the map of Ireland is correct ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Degag wrote: »
    Probably should have had Enda, Brian and Bertie on if you wanted answers on that.

In other countries elected politicians would simply not be such gob****es....they are great to laugh at though.

The country is in such a state we should be electing politicians to run the country, to govern ourselves.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Seriously what the hell was that?

You just got elected to the Dail - both of you - but we won't even attempt to approach coming near the actual topic of government?

What was the f*ckin point of that interview? The usual soap actor interviews have more substance than that.

Really?

They are politicians with no policies.

If they stated a policy it might alienate some voters, so they never do.

Autosport wrote: »
    Sam is going to Mayo ;)

Don't you mean Ends is going to Mayo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭lukin

Whether we like it or not they are certainties to hold one (if not two) seats in their constituency until they die/retire or their sons or daughters (if they have any) take their place. Frightening? Yeah, I know.

Enda must be crippled with all of Leo's daggers in his back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Berserker wrote: »
    I don't mean to be disrespectful but when you look at these two, the loonies on the left, the sulphur handed brigade in SF and the cute hoorism of FF/FG, you have to say that Dail Eireann is an absolute joke. Night all.

The one thing that really gets me, and I'm loosely FG (by process of elimination), is this Ceann Comhairle nonsense. The Ceann Comhairle must be re-elected automatically supposedly because it's only fair cos he wouldnt have time to canvas.

Yet Ciaran Lynch, who must have spent ALL of his time in the last few months trying to get that banking inquiry report through, in spite of the best efforts of the Shinners to balls it up, is considered to have had enough time to canvas.

And the Ceann Comhairle should never be a Government pick, it should be a civil servant picked from a list system. Absolute nonsense, and they talk about reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Sure I've been laughing my rocks off all night Harry!!

I can't laugh anymore!!....:D:D:D

:p

Does it matter I missed 1, 2, 3 and 4?

Heres the jist...its inevitatble..except the really really really good looking guy/gal

Don't you mean Ends is going to Mayo ;)

Nope Sam and Liam stays in Kilkenny ;):D

Enda must be crippled with all of Leo's daggers in his back

Leo and Alan Kelly I can't stand. I died a little when they got re elected :(

They got sfa done that didn't work in their benefit. The area is an unemployment blackspot with a very poor infrastructure. The bull actually did more for this area when he was around before we booted him back into his trough.These boys are going to be around for a long time.

The Bull had all of that National Lottery money to spread around the constituency. The Healy Rae's beat him at his own game.

They got plenty of stuff done for their constituency and fair fcuks to them for doing so.

They got very little - I live in the constituency.

They got some roads built - that the family plant hire company benefited from.
    They got a community hospital built - which wasn't even needed - that the family plant hire company benefited from.
    They got piers built - that the family plant hire company benefited from.

Their key trick is sorting out people with social welfare - basically getting people what they are entitled to anyway.

South Kerry is pretty much a byword for rural deprivation and a Healy-Rae has been in the Dail for 20 years.

The one thing that really gets me, and I'm loosely FG (by process of elimination), is this Ceann Comhairle nonsense. The Ceann Comhairle must be re-elected automatically supposedly because it's only fair cos he wouldnt have time to canvas.

Yet Ciaran Lynch, who must have spent ALL of his time in the last few months trying to get that banking inquiry report through, in spite of the best efforts of the Shinners to balls it up, is considered to have had enough time to canvas.

And the Ceann Comhairle should never be a Government pick, it should be a civil servant picked from a list system. Absolute nonsense, and they talk about reform.

Its votecby secret ballot this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I've have had a few now and I still feel a bit miserable after watching those Kerry feckers!!! I dont think it would have made much difference gray!

Even if Ciaran Lynch had all the time in the world to canvas, he still wouldn't have been re-elected. Labour are toxic in Cork, and for good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

maryishere wrote: »
    No proper question to those two chancers about the economy, the fact the country is 200 billion in the red and still borrowing, global warming, world politics

None of those things will affect the peeple of Kerry on their watch by god!
    Global warming... sure what would Kerry want with that?! and shed loads of cash will be winging it's way now there so that'll take care of any worries about the 200 billion.
    As for world politics-how would they be expected to know about that? what do you think they have, degrees in politics or economics?? Kerry people have no need for fancy education like that from their representatives!
    ;)

Advertisement