Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 4th 2016

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

I completely believe the story about the lads with the kids and the guy stopping during a football match with the ball and talking to the guy next to him and playing on. It's completely believable.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Skid X wrote: »
    Jedward would make better TDs than these two.
    The holy mortifying shame of them. Thank f@*k they will never represent us in Europe
    :eek: :eek:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

The Healy-Raes, whilst I have respect for the following they have amassed in Kerry, have 2 very powerful seats in the national parliament which is frankly madness. They are not up to standard to act in the national interest and are more local level politicians. There are way smarter people out there who could make the improvements and change in the country that is badly needed.

Our electoral system is flawed, full to the gills of parish pump gombeens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

FalconGirl wrote: »
    The Healy-Raes, whilst I have respect for the following they have amassed in Kerry, have 2 very powerful seats in the national parliament which is frankly madness. They are not up to standard to act in the national interest and are more local level politicians. There are way smarter people out there who could make the improvements and change in the country that is badly needed.

Agreed, it's time to put an end to parish pump politics. It's all self interest with the Healy Rae's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. But it's one which is clearly not shared by the 30.000 people who gave the Healy Rae brothers their first preference vote.

Or are they all gombeens too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

The parts in bold could apply to pretty much any Irish politician depending on your own perspective. I'd apply them to FG personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

monkey9 wrote: »
    Muck savages like these two are so obsessed with Dublin. It's the Lowry effect. The loopers in Tipperary voting for him because he's one of their own.

Yes. That's why we vote for Lowry. (Snigger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Who do you think is up to your standards falcongirl and why do you think they weren't elected? Do you ever here of something called democracy?

Yes. That's why we vote for Lowry. (Snigger)
    Well, if that's not the reason, it certainly doesn't make you look any more intelligent..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I watched the Healy-Raes interview out of a sense of curiosity. Now that they have two TD's would they possibly cast their eye to national issues? I should have known better.

At one point in the interview Tubridy raised the issue of perception towards them. The answer was as weak as expected. Instead of pushing them further on matters of national and European importance Tubridy just moved on. Disappointing really. If he pushed them further he could have easily exposed them for the narrow minded county Councillors that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Aidric wrote: »
    I watched the Healy-Raes interview out of a sense of curiosity. Now that they have two TD's would they possibly cast their eye to national issues? I should have known better.

At one point in the interview Tubridy raised the issue of perception towards them. The answer was as weak as expected. Instead of pushing them further on matters of national and European importance Tubridy just moved on. Disappointing really. If he pushed them further he could have easily exposed them for the narrow minded county Councillors that they are.

He didn't do that because he knows they wouldn't have had an effing clue. He didn't want to embarrass them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

lukin wrote: »
    He didn't do that because he knows they wouldn't have had an effing clue. He didn't want to embarrass them.

You'd be very, very surprised at the "effing clue" they have! A hell of a lot more than those of us gossiping on here. And I include myself in that. It may be almost 9.30 on a Saturday evening but I guarantee you they are still working away.

Why not give one of them a ring if you don't believe me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,423 ✭✭✭wonga77

I laugh at those who think the Healy Raes are a family of gobsh1tes. They didnt get to where they are through bluffing at all and have far more between their ears than people realise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Aidric wrote: »

Tubridy has never been a good interviewer, he moved on cause the cue cards told him to. Imagine the poor researcher/writer that has to write all the questions for him. Tubs cant go off tangent. Hes the ultimate company man.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    They got very little - I live in the constituency.

They got some roads built - that the family plant hire company benefited from.
    They got a community hospital built - which wasn't even needed - that the family plant hire company benefited from.
    They got piers built - that the family plant hire company benefited from.

Their key trick is sorting out people with social welfare - basically getting people what they are entitled to anyway.

South Kerry is pretty much a byword for rural deprivation and a Healy-Rae has been in the Dail for 20 years.

So they fixshed the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Tubridy has never been a good interviewer, he moved on cause the cue cards told him to. Imagine the poor researcher/writer that has to write all the questions for him. Tubs cant go off tangent. Hes the ultimate company man.

The LLS is a light entertainment program, the Healy-Raes knew exactly what they were at by agreeing to appear. No Miriam O'Callaghan interrogation and massive free publicity which will come in handy if there's another election around the corner - job done.

coylemj wrote: »
    The LLS is a light entertainment program, the Healy-Raes knew exactly what they were at by agreeing to appear. No Miriam O'Callaghan interrogation and massive free publicity which will come in handy if there's another election around the corner - job done.
    It's a pity nobody told Paul Murphy that! Well, not really I suppose, considering he wiped the floor with Tubridy.

It's rte, it's the lls, it's ryan tubridy, it's a recipe for mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

coylemj wrote: »

I'd love to see Vincent brown interview them. They wouldn't do it in a milion years of course.

lukin wrote: »
    I'd love to see Vincent brown interview them. They wouldn't do it in a milion years of course.
    In fairness a lot of the 'national' politicians won't go near him either when they have something to lose. See all the absent FG TDs from the recent people's debates.

Advertisement