Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election - Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nodin wrote: »
    Alas no. Once FG, always FG.

Hmm. Well Hitler was a human being, and he never joined any Irish political party so he can't be that bad.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Anyone else dying to see the response from David Quinn and Breda O'Brien? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

robdonn wrote: »
    As much as I agree with you, I have to disagree with this kind of response from people. She's still a human being.

https://twitter.com/TJ_Politics/status/703609456131776512
    Freedom of expression in all its glory. But the killer blow was performed at the polls. It's the little victories that often make democracy great. Au revoir renua.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Anyone else dying to see the response from David Quinn and Breda O'Brien? :D

Liberal agenda, doom. Aborted same sex foetuses (foeti?) getting married.

Think I got about half their tweets covered there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Liberal agenda, doom. Aborted same sex foetuses (foeti?) getting married.

Think I got about half their tweets covered there.

I think David is taking it quite well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

0, 0 seats for Renua, ah ah ah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

The Healy-Rae brothers are in! Really?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Kiwi in IE wrote: »

Really Healy Raes. Sounds like a breakthrough in radio-therapy. :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The fact that lowry topped the polls in Tipperary is more scary. Lowry ffs!

This is what places like Thurles will remain run down, a guy that's more interested in lining his own pockets then doing progression stuff for the county. They deserve everything they get.

Cabaal wrote: »

This is what places like Thurles will remain run down, a guy that's more interested in lining his own pockets then doing progression stuff for the county. They deserve everything they get.

Ms Creighton made the fatal mistake of standing in a well educated, urban electorate. There are plenty of places where she would have topped the poll.

On saying that, I've always felt that Wexford is hideously conservative, however Labour topped the poll followed by a socially liberal independent, the only Candidate in Wexford who said he thinks abortion should be on demand up to a time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...probably being the odd pub licence, extension to the GAA club and the occasional new hall somewhere or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Good riddance Lucinda and take your rosary beads with you.

Their next highest after Lowry is Mattie McGrath, a person whose election has delighted David Quinn. Tipperary voters have really done the country proud, along with Kerry and their multiple Healy-Raes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Raenua.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Michelle "Fornication" Mulherin has lost her seat :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Saw he thinks labour took a beating because of how liberal they are. The results of the I can't believe it's not pro life party don't tell the same story.

I really hope Labour get a seat in Dublin Bay North and Longford/Westmeath. Are in contention with a SF candidate in Long-WM, the two other remaining candidates behind them are FF and FG. Surely a Labour Candidate is more likely to pick up transfers from people who would vote FG/FF, over a SF candidate? SF candidate only about 70 votes ahead for last seat at present. Surely Willie Penrose will get that? Dublin Bay North looks good too. It's essential they get 7 seats.

Did anyone see the moment when the Healy-Raes were elected? Normal people in Kerry must be mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Did anyone see the moment when the Healy-Raes were elected? Normal people in Kerry must be mortified.

And apparently they attended four funerals on the count day. Electing people who attend funerals. The mind boggling crapology of it.

lazygal wrote: »
    And apparently they attended four funerals on the count day. Electing people who attend funerals. The mind boggling crapology of it.

They were probably the funerals of people who refused to vote Sinn Féin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

lazygal wrote: »
    Well, they seem to know what their electorate want, or at least what it takes to get their vote. As far as politicians go, I'd say it's a reasonably admirable trait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Electing them is no worse than electing any other independent. It's always about particular issue and big ego and has very little to do with national issues. They are probably more effective then many others. Would anyone tell me what national contribution Joan Collins or Maureen O'Sullivan (or anyone else) make?

Voter turnout is currently counted at 65.2%, higher than the marriage referendum.

vote.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Aaaaaah '97. Will we ever see the likes again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Given that the possible governments (some unholy FF/FG hybrid) are unlikely to have any interest in repealing the 8th or any sort of social reform, I'd say he's in extra smug mode.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No words needed for this one....

CcZyUvnW4AAnLlQ.jpg

No words needed for this one....

CcZyUvnW4AAnLlQ.jpg

Ohh myy....

Such a shame Aodhan O Riodain didn't get in. I really hope Willie Penrose makes it. What are Longford-Westmeath doing? Nearly every other electorate has managed it's recounts now.

Final results are in:

?width=618&version=2639070

• Advertisement

Delighted Willie Penrose got that seat. The country would be a lot worse off if Labour had no speaking rights!

Advertisement