Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election - Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

ShooterSF wrote: »
    We also probably have THE worst candidate in the country who I've been publicly canvassing AGAINST. I give you The Christian and Jobs Action Party
    Cool.... Donald Trump's oirish grandad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,570 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

voted green #1, labour #2, socdem #3. i figure the socdem candidate (roisin shortall) is safe, labour (john lyons) much less so, very likely to lose his seat to FF or FG, so figured he needed the preference more than shortall.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,146 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

ShooterSF wrote: »

Jaysus, either he stokes boilers for a living or he's got hypertension bad enough to kill him before the year is out. Seriously.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm seriously happy to see Social Democrats trending ahead of Renua in all the exit poles.
    The RTÉ exit poll this morning shows that based on first preference votes the parties are at these percentages:

Fine Gael 24.8%

Fianna Fáil 21.1%

Sinn Féin 16%

Labour 7.1%

Independents 11%

AAA/PBP 4.7%

Soc Dems 3.7%

Green Party 3.6

Independent Alliance 3%

Renua 2.4%

Others 2.6%

I think had they more candidates they could have finished this election around the 10% mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm seriously happy to see Social Democrats trending ahead of Renua in all the exit poles.

I think had they more candidates they could have finished this election around the 10% mark.

It's looking like they're possibly going to get the 7 seats and the 2%+ of votes that they were looking for, which means if we get a hung Dáil then they'll actually receive government funding for their next election campaign. And with more time, and far more awareness, they'll probably have a good few more candidates and support. They could end up being one of the larger parties in opposition.

I'd say at this point a hung Dáil is looking very likely unless FF and FG go back on their word and form a coalition. And if so, a petition will be up in minutes to ask the president to dissolve the Dáil again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

robdonn wrote: »
    I'd say at this point a hung Dáil is looking very likely unless FF and FG go back on their word and form a coalition. And if so, a petition will be up in minutes to ask the president to dissolve the Dáil again.

Its been 37 years since a hung Dáil occurred, I'd expect the partys to backtrack on their previous comments rather then let is happen.

FG will bring in independents etc before they'll take their chances at another election. In fairness the likes of FF have done similar in the past

Its been 37 years since a hung Dáil occurred, I'd expect the partys to backtrack on their previous comments rather then let is happen.

FG will bring in independents etc before they'll take their chances at another election. In fairness the likes of FF have done similar in the past

So basically there is either going to be a FF/FG government, or FF and FG are flirting the pants off every independent in the country right now?

So basically there is either going to be a FF/FG government, or FF and FG are flirting the pants off every independent in the country right now?

Basically yeah, neither would surprise me :)

more good news!
    The SocDems look set to win more than their current three TDs. There’s less good news for Renua with party leader Lucinda Creighton in a dogfight for her own seat in Dublin Bay South.

Lets hope that doesn't go well for her :D

more good news!

Lets hope that doesn't go well for her :D

She's not doing too badly, at 10% with half the boxes opened. SD candidate Lynch is well behind at 6%. Looks like a bad constituency to be an independent in.

https://twitter.com/TJ_Politics/status/703531014619062272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Can FF/SF form any sort of government out of the exit poll results? Unsure what criteria for forming minority government is in IE. Starting to feel scared and wish I'd just voted FG!

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Starting to feel scared and wish I'd just voted FG!

I think that's a huge issue with these elections, especially when it's as unclear as it is this year. We have to decide whether to vote for the candidate we want, or vote to create the government we think would be more stable.

Looks like the 3 SD founders are going to get their seats, but still very unclear for the rest of their candidates.

She's not doing too badly, at 10% with half the boxes opened. SD candidate Lynch is well behind at 6%. Looks like a bad constituency to be an independent in.

https://twitter.com/TJ_Politics/status/703531014619062272

1% spoiled votes, unreal!
    People should be ashamed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I get your point, but I don't think people should feel ashamed for purposefully spoiling if they genuinely feel there is no representation on their behalf. That's a strong word. At least they got up off their arses and cast a vote. I mean....25% turnout is the biggest offending percentage on that sheet to me.

(btw I didn't spoil :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

sheep? wrote: »
    I mean....25% turnout is the biggest offending percentage on that sheet to me.

That's only the tallies from less than half of the boxes.

Thought it was suspiciously low.....

EGG ALL OVER MY FACE. :o

Thats the best news I've heard all day :)

An utterly useless party and the people are seeing it as such

Thats the best news I've heard all day :)

An utterly useless party and the people are seeing it as such

As much as I agree with you, I have to disagree with this kind of response from people. She's still a human being.

https://twitter.com/TJ_Politics/status/703609456131776512

• Advertisement

Well deserved for any anti-choice candidate, pity she's the only one who'll receive such a response.

Anyway. She and her party put their position to the electorate and the electorate through the ballot box gave the verdict that matters.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Just announced a minute ago that Lucinda has been eliminated :pac:

Poor Lucinda. I wonder who will head up Renua now.

Perhaps they could get the woman from Catholic Democrats that ran last time round?

One would imagine/hope this weekend will see the end of Renua.

(Wishful thinking?*)

(*I realise it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Obviously, it'll be Billy Timmons or Terence Flanagan or Paul Bradford. Surely one of them will get elected? Surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Delighted! I've been clicking on the RTE updates of my electorate every now and then theoughout the day, and each time I did, I had a look at Dublin Bay South as well, just to see had she been officially eliminated yet. :D

Kate Bopp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I thought they were only going to do that to Craig Doyle.

Searching on Youtube for "wife swapping sodomites" didn't quite produce the results I expected :o

But some of you will know the person I mean. Maybe she can head up the Renewal of Renua?

Or maybe they can dig up and reanimate Archbishop McQuaid?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

As much as I agree with you, I have to disagree with this kind of response from people. She's still a human being.

https://twitter.com/TJ_Politics/status/703609456131776512

Alas no. Once FG, always FG.

Advertisement