Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Team Value 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

TV 109.0
    RV 106.1
    OR 1.5m after a horror month. Strongly considered giving up but decided to play till Jan 1st and reassess.

With a great RV like that you can hope the big guns start firing and buy your way up the ranks.

Even if the Big guns don't start firing an OR of 1.5m at this stage, with the narrowness of the gaps between top and bottom it's not insurmountable. A few good weeks and you can be way up the table again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Team Value: £100.0m with an added £6.7m in the bank.
    Resale: £103.4m (£2.0m of it tied in Mahrez, Vardy (£1.3m just from them 2!) KDB & Ozil)
    Overall rank: 224k.

Everyting's so so. Like my season so far...

--

I'm actually doing almost exactly like last year. Was at £103.3m RV for GW15. Hopefully won't have the same season :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

TV 109.5
    RV 105.7

Nice to know now that if Sanchez/other big guns start firing I'll be able to fit them all in without disassembling too much

TV 110.4
    RV 106.4
    OR 314K

It's nice to be able to afford expensive players but not many of them are really firing this season so it's a bit like being a millionaire on a desert island :pac:

If Sanchez comes back to the fold in good form and the likes of Hazard and other expensive flops then it could create some potential differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Colking wrote: »
    TV 110.4
    RV 106.4
    OR 314K

It's nice to be able to afford expensive players but not many of them are really firing this season so it's a bit like being a millionaire on a desert island :pac:

If Sanchez comes back to the fold in good form and the likes of Hazard and other expensive flops then it could create some potential differential.
    Rikand wrote: »
    TV 109.5
    RV 105.7

Nice to know now that if Sanchez/other big guns start firing I'll be able to fit them all in without disassembling too much

Serious values lads. Then its always the guys doing well starting or resurrecting this thread! :D....twas me last year!! ;)

Happy enough at a modest 108.4TV, 104.9RV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FHFC wrote: »
    Serious values lads. Then its always the guys doing well starting or resurrecting this thread! :D....twas me last year!! ;)

Happy enough at a modest 108.4TV, 104.9RV.

TV not worth much to the overall ranking unfortunately. Like ColKing, I'm also languishing around the 300k mark ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    TV not worth much to the overall ranking unfortunately. Like ColKing, I'm also languishing around the 300k mark ;)

Ha. Languishing! Try 700k+ :(

300k is positively 'basking'.

108.4 TV down a bit after selling Ozil last night.

105.2 RV. Not up a whole lot since couple of weeks ago.

No idea how this compares to the average. One place I think RV will come in handy is being able to afford those 0.3s and 0.4s to sell and buy back guys around the blanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Much better than mine

TV: 106.9m
    RV: 104.4m

Both of which will go down the next two days before I sell KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

TV 107.9
    RV 104.8

Matty should have me at 105 soon enough though ;) Lost 0.3 RV on Lukaku, Ozil and KDB this week but didn't want to rush a transfer and happy to keep Lukaku. That's the value of focusing a little on price rises early in the season for me, it allows a bit of room in the latter half. There are guys in my private league that will struggle to get in both Sanchez & Aguero now. If Mahrez, Vardy, Ighalo and a few more cheapies could stop performing now, it'd be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

T.v. 110m
    R.v. 106.5m

Strategy for first half of season had been to build up as much value as possible, expecting a lot of the big hitters to be in form in second half of the season.
    It's backfired with so many low to mid priced players performing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

T.v. 110m
    R.v. 106.5m

Strategy for first half of season had been to build up as much value as possible, expecting a lot of the big hitters to be in form in second half of the season.
    It's backfired with so many low to mid priced players performing so well.

Nice, has it effected your OR in your opinion? Would you try the same tactics next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Nice, has it effected your OR in your opinion? Would you try the same tactics next year?

Hard to say how much it's effected my OR, have started to gain small bit of ground and hoping to gain some more. At 294k at the moment, spent a lot of time stuck around 500 to 600k.
    Would definitely try it again next season but hopefully avoid so many price hits, 32pts in first half of the season.

I actually played less all out for value than usual this year and did shíte... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hard to say how much it's effected my OR, have started to gain small bit of ground and hoping to gain some more. At 294k at the moment, spent a lot of time stuck around 500 to 600k.
    Would definitely try it again next season but hopefully avoid so many price hits, 32pts in first half of the season.

Well as a regular poster here you can't be happy with that rank, the best you can hope for now is probably top 50k.

I never bother with price rises or dumping players who have gained value,
    It shows though, my resale value is 102.8:o

It's an interesting topic, I never even knew how the price rises actually worked until this year. Just trying to see where the line is as far as taking hits to avoid drops and catch rises, how it all balances out.

My RV is at 104m which is low and I'm jealous of other peoples but at the same time I have a decent OR. I've only took -8 in hits for the season too which is miles off my normal, that means that I've absorbed lots of hits and obv as the season goes on I won't be able to fill up on big hitters like others could, so that may cost me in the future.

Double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Thought I'd give an example from a wildcarder.
    TV 106.2
    RV 105.3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

TV 111.9
    RV 108.8
    OR 800K

Slowly improving but awful captain choices (aguero almost every week) and persistence with the expensive options over cheaper ones like Alli on my bench really let me down this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Stupid double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That is an insanely high team value. Never been that high even at the end of the season.

TV: 111.0
    RV: 107.1
    OR: 125K

De Bruyne getting injured has put a dampener on my plans. I was planning on

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Ozil, Alli, Payet
    Kane, Lukaku, Aguero

Might take a look at Hazard instead. As FHFC has pointed out it could be an option to burn value during double gameweeks/blanks when you wouldn't be afraid to rotate out built up value.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's an interesting topic, I never even knew how the price rises actually worked until this year. Just trying to see where the line is as far as taking hits to avoid drops and catch rises, how it all balances out.

My RV is at 104m which is low and I'm jealous of other peoples but at the same time I have a decent OR. I've only took -8 in hits for the season too which is miles off my normal, that means that I've absorbed lots of hits and obv as the season goes on I won't be able to fill up on big hitters like others could, so that may cost me in the future.

I'm slowly realising that the key is to be aware (don't lose stupid money unless it's on a Matty Targett type legend) of price changes but not to be obsessed with them.

A team of 104m could and probably will outscore a team of 108m from here on in. The extra money can be a negative when spent on "good" expensive players that just aren't performing.

Eg Some high value teams here talking about getting in Hazard, probably at the expense of someone like Mahrez, Payet, Alli type. That could well backfire.

It's hard not to spend it but from what I've seen, it seldom works out. Key from me in future will be to have just a little extra than my rivals... be that the Top 100k average or money league rivals in general.

TV: 111.0
    RV: 107.1
    OR: 125K

De Bruyne getting injured has put a dampener on my plans. I was planning on

De Bruyne, Sanchez, Ozil, Alli, Payet
    Kane, Lukaku, Aguero

Might take a look at Hazard instead. As FHFC has pointed out it could be an option to burn value during double gameweeks/blanks when you wouldn't be afraid to rotate out built up value.

Doesn't look like much has changed in a month :(

TV: 111.3
    RV: 108.0
    OR: 156K

High RV doesn't yet seem important. It might help out a bit over the next few doubles and skinny's (to use a phrase somebody coined earlier )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

High RV doesn't yet seem important. It might help out a bit over the next few doubles and skinny's (to use a phrase somebody coined earlier )

I think it will, I've a TV of 108.7 but 6m of that is sitting untouched, will be so easy to move players around.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm slowly realising that the key is to be aware (don't lose stupid money unless it's on a Matty Targett type legend) of price changes but not to be obsessed with them.

A team of 104m could and probably will outscore a team of 108m from here on in. The extra money can be a negative when spent on "good" expensive players that just aren't performing.

Eg Some high value teams here talking about getting in Hazard, probably at the expense of someone like Mahrez, Payet, Alli type. That could well backfire.

It's hard not to spend it but from what I've seen, it seldom works out. Key from me in future will be to have just a little extra than my rivals... be that the Top 100k average or money league rivals in general.

Totally agree. This could be me! :( Screw value from now on. I placed way too much emphasis on it this season. Hazard earlier and then Sanchez later would be a prime examples. I won't be making any more value based transfers from here on it or holding players in the hope of making a few quid.

I've a faint hope that the value I built up will stand to me vs my rivals when it comes to wildcarding for the DGW. But if you look what's happened so far this season, its clear value doesn't always guarantee points.

SkySter wrote: »
    Totally agree. This could be me! :( Screw value from now on. I placed way too much emphasis on it this season. Hazard earlier and then Sanchez later would be a prime examples. I won't be making any more value based transfers from here on it or holding players in the hope of making a few quid.

I've a faint hope that the value I built up will stand to me vs my rivals when it comes to wildcarding for the DGW. But if you look what's happened so far this season, its clear value doesn't always guarantee points.

As we say in Donegal....I'd rather be lookin at it than lookin for it..... :)

I think next year there will be less hunting of value and more concentrating on not taking hits:

TV: 111.4
    RV: 108.7
    OR: 124K

I think next year there will be less hunting of value and more concentrating on not taking hits:

TV: 111.4
    RV: 108.7
    OR: 124K

Huge value mate.

109.9 Tv
    106.3 RV

I think those starting to try to assemble wildcard teams last night will be finding value very important from here. That extra 2m you have there would be hugely useful.

• Advertisement

It lets you seriously invest in GK and DEF if you want, while still having a template mid and attack.

I need to find a better policy for next year though. That value has cost me 92 points in hits (not the most accurate metric but a significant one).

Time will tell over the rest of the season if it can help to pay it back but I doubt it.

Advertisement