Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

from what I've experienced, you really have to be good with a sniper to compete at the moment. Lads who are going flawless on a regular basis are capable of twitch sniping to the point where the sniper is the primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm pretty decent at this, can answer any specific questions people have. Was trying to get to DTR 50 but fairly bored of the game now on 48.

That's fair going. Think I finished on 31 before I stopped playing the game. Always played with the same fire team though.

Might make a return the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

When a member of your fireteam takes a toilet break in trials

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    When a member of your fireteam takes a toilet break in trials

I can just imagine the rage they experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Really enjoyed the map last week. Did flawless in just over an hour. Kept playing on the ticket afterwards and got to about 13/1 before giving up. Was hoping to get that scarab heart emblem.

I found a combination of sniper and 2 guys with invective (best shotgun in the game for trials) was the most effective strategy for the Memento map.

• Advertisement

Tough map this week. Played 1 ticket but burnt the mercy early and lost one on game 9. First loss was exceptionally laggy, second loss the guys were very aggressive and we couldn't get to grips with it until the heavy round. Lost it 5-3. Some great games though, we won one match against 3 good snipers with trials emblems 5-1 but it could easily have gone either way, as mad as that sounds.

Snipers are key here tbh. The map has lots of elevation and nice lines of sight so it is difficult to aggro with shotguns without getting your dome split. The key is to be very aggressive once you get a kill and bombard that orb and to get the res ASAP if one of your team goes down. Res pushes are also crucial.

For primary, I went for scout for a distance game so used my Hung Jury or Inward Lamp. Lots using TLW, but I like to keep that exotic slot for Truth, which is needed on this map.

Key action areas are the mid level corridors between C and B and above and belowbthe awning on the C side. Be wary of every elevation there. Very little action around A unless the game has lost its shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

20 win streak and DTR doesn't even go up a full level, the grind continues. Map is alright, just been using TLW + Sniper or NLB + Sidearm

Asylum, good map. Might give it a run at some stage over the weekend to hit 49.

Got flawless on 2nd ticket. Capture point is B in control which we found crucial. Most teams just camp the doorways so controlling the middle area was our aim. Lots of teams seemed to cop on too late that sitting outside that room was a poor tactic, then they'd rush and get picked off.

Used my Doctrine of Passing this week, and what a gun it is. Mine has persistence (I think the adept version always does) braced frame and Rangerfinder. Like a laser.

A lot of lag this week for us though. Sniping people and having it register 5/10 seconds later. Our connections looked solid on our end, but I'm not sure how reliable that is anymore.

Played this quite a lot as I enjoy the map. Got to 49 on DTR but 49-50 seems ridiculously long. Got some error which kicked my party out of the game before it started 4 times which was incredibly annoying and something I haven't come across before.

Highlight of the week:

Luckiest shot ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Played the most amount of trials to date at weekend, finished bounties on all three characters. Bar the first few games on Friday night which were quite laggy I thoroughly enjoyed playing... Even when we were getting slated!

Drops were less than impressive, I got the trials pulse and machinegun at 307 & 300 respectively.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally got around to trials over the weekend. Went into 1 match and went behind 4-0 brought it back to 4-4 but missed out narrowly on the win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Played the most amount of trials to date at weekend, finished bounties on all three characters. Bar the first few games on Friday night which were quite laggy I thoroughly enjoyed playing... Even when we were getting slated!

Drops were less than impressive, I got the trials pulse and machinegun at 307 & 300 respectively.

Similar story, enjoying trials as of late. Played a fair bit with Dave & Aces and we got into a nice rythm of not getting destroyed, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

vDPcbgA.jpg?1

I'll admit the carry was strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

There were 6 of us in an xbox party over the weekend, 2 teams of 3 and we ended up against each other. Suddenly the party went very quite :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    I'll admit the carry was strong.

Nice one Dude; I hope the 2 other lads appreciated the carry :)

Oh they did! Managed to get 2 Cry Havoc's in the last 2 games, real clutch stuff.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Oh they did! Managed to get 2 Cry Havoc's in the last 2 games, real clutch stuff.

Well envious, congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sure there's a lack of PvE content. But where else can you triple down Nova Bomb a Titan bubble on heavy ammo spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'm not a trials player, barely hold my own in regular PvP, but I ended up getting involved in one of Ramblinnn's trials experiments last night. He's the guy who has been running 1v3s recently and grabbing a few wins in the process.

The idea was to take someone who has never been to the Lighthouse before (and in my case, only played a couple of Trials games), and then 2v3 the opposition. I found it really, really tough, especially on a map that I'm not very familiar with (Burning Shrine). I decided that the most I was going to contribute was callouts, so when I inevitably died, I tried to keep talking. You can watch the (admittedly embarrassing) video on his last broadcasts on Twitch. I drop in at the 1hr 30 min mark (NutCity).

We grabbed a few wins, but ultimately, we were getting matched against players that are leagues above me, so we didn't get very far. In fairness to the dude, he pulled in another top quality trials player and carried me to flawless on my third card with him. My next goal is to make the Lighthouse without literally one of the best players in the world carrying me there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Serbian wrote: »
    I'm not a trials player, barely hold my own in regular PvP, but I ended up getting involved in one of Ramblinnn's trials experiments last night. He's the guy who has been running 1v3s recently and grabbing a few wins in the process.

The idea was to take someone who has never been to the Lighthouse before (and in my case, only played a couple of Trials games), and then 2v3 the opposition. I found it really, really tough, especially on a map that I'm not very familiar with (Burning Shrine). I decided that the most I was going to contribute was callouts, so when I inevitably died, I tried to keep talking. You can watch the (admittedly embarrassing) video on his last broadcasts on Twitch. I drop in at the 1hr 30 min mark (NutCity).

We grabbed a few wins, but ultimately, we were getting matched against players that are leagues above me, so we didn't get very far. In fairness to the dude, he pulled in another top quality trials player and carried me to flawless on my third card with him. My next goal is to make the Lighthouse without literally one of the best players in the world carrying me there :D

nice partners to have in trials :D , how did you end up playing with him ?

syboit wrote: »
    nice partners to have in trials :D , how did you end up playing with him ?

Yeah, ridiculously good trials partners.

It's in the video, around the 1hr 20min mark, but I was pretty lucky to end up playing with him. He was running 1v3s like he has been doing every Monday for the past 4 weeks. I think the fact that the map was so small meant that it was far easier to pinch him so, while he was winning rounds 1v3, he was getting beaten overall in each game.

He basically got frustrated and decided to try something different, said, the first person to reply in chat that hasn't been to the lighthouse before gets to join him in game for the 2v3 experiment. I almost smashed my keyboard banging out my reply :D Got in first, and ended up playing for almost three hours with him.

Anyone interested in getting together on a regular basis to practice 3v3, with a goal of going flawless?

Anyone interested in getting together on a regular basis to practice 3v3, with a goal of going flawless?

I generally try to play every weekend, been slack of late with hols and IB. I won't be on every weekend going forward but I will try as often as I can. I think you need a pool of players so if someones not on then no matter.

I have a KD of 1 so nothing special and I find ToO tough, enjoyable but tough. I was trying to snipe and was having marginal success, at least it makes the other team think a little bit about just standing off. I'm not a good sniper so last weekend I played with some good players and we all ran shotty's, I played better. In regular crucible I run sidearm exclusively so I think this will be my weapon of choice but realistically it won't be as viable against a good player with TLW which you see quite a bit of in trials.

Basically, I'm willing to throw my name in this pot and I'd like to play with players who stick together (like glue) and get revives as a priority. I'm come up against teams who alone are not particuarly good but as a tight unit managed to work out the wins with quick revives. I'm willing to try different things but I believe the basics of sticking together and reviving is the most important play to get down unless you just happen to be **** hot which I ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm not on as much any more but I've gone 8-1 three times in Y1, so would be on for giving it a few goes.

As per Dudeeile - I'm only really available in the evenings on weekends.

So any takers this weekend?

Went flawless again this weekend. Burnt the mercy second match but continued on and got there fairly easily.

The map is pretty easy to flank on and many of the teams didn't expect it. Most of the action was by C and up at the oil tanker so a well timed flank made it easy. You won't ping their radar if they are camping the oil tanker and you are up between B and C with a sniper.

Used Doctrine of Passing and a sniper. Shotgunning teams got their arses handed to them pretty easily, It's really not a good map for rush game play.

Also, the cap point is just behind B on the C side, so if you get C spawn you can own that area pretty easily. The one piece of advice I will give is that if they are camping the oil tanker with snipers, don't bother popping your head out unless you are convinced you can out-snipe them. Wait them out at the cap point and force them to come to you.

So any takers this weekend?

Are you PS4 or Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is Trials still on? Wouldn't mind trying for that Auto Rifle

• Advertisement

Yeah should be on until reset Tuesday.

My goal of DTR 50 has been hit by nobody I know actually playing anymore. LFG is pretty hit or miss and losses knock it back so much. Now on 49 and 70% progress to 50.

Advertisement