Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Some sort of sisters challenge mode would have been handy for the old guaranteed 320 class item. Although if they accommodated that, my 3x320 characters would be taking a well earned break from the tower until April update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Some sort of sisters challenge mode would have been handy for the old guaranteed 320 class item. Although if they accommodated that, my 3x320 characters would be taking a well earned break from the tower until April update.

I bet you that we wont get the 320's until the night before the update drops :pac:

Cayde reveals a second stash, this time of tea towels he has under the Vanguard meeting table, that he forgot to hand out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cayde reveals a second stash, this time of tea towels he has under the Vanguard meeting table, that he forgot to hand out.

Then he goes on the run during the comotion around the table..... leading to the events of Destiny 2: Finding Cayde

Rotating maps this weekend. Wasn't going to bother but I'd do a card to try it out for the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,726 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Only got a couple of runs in this weekend and I sucked, but thought this was funny:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm up for a run at Trials tonight if anyones around and not too burned out from IB?

I'm up for a run at Trials tonight if anyones around and not too burned out from IB?

I will Chimp. Finished IB early Sunday morning, and was burned out to play IB for drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I'd be up for a run.

• Advertisement

ill go on the reserve for trials :D

AdamD wrote: »
    Only got a couple of runs in this weekend and I sucked, but thought this was funny:

Thats actually happened me a few times over IB. Infuriating :pac:

I'll be on at about 10 tonight lads, lets get out MLG on then.

I'll be on at about 10 tonight lads, lets get out MLG on then.

Sorry about last night lads, I was itching for Trials all weekend after IB. I should have had more patience and waited but wasn't sure if you'd appear and the lads were looking for one. As it turned out, they were in and out and we couldn't get a run going. 2 matches short of my gold bounty. My res-snipe, pre-aiming, and swipey snipey game is sloooowly improving. What look sensitivity does everyone run? Also, can somebody recommend good button covers for aim assiting a noob?

No worries, went 7-1 twice. Lost 4-5 on the first card. Got the armour and a ****ty role on the MG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

What look sensitivity does everyone run?

6 for the most part, maybe 7 maybe back to 5 (depends on the shakes), tried 4 for sniping and didn't like it, too slow to turn up close. Currently back to 5 because of the below.
    Also, can somebody recommend good button covers for aim assiting a noob?

Some say KontrolFreek, can't remember who! Picked up some last week. Actually changed out to Xbone thumbsticks and got KontrolFreeks over the top. Got a set each of low and high rise, should have splurged on a mid rise set while I was at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sensitivity 5 with a Low (left) and Mid (right) set of Kontrol Freaks (given I don't snipe but use Scouts as my primaries, irrelevant maybe?)

I'd have to check but pretty sure I'm on default and I don't use any controller add ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Also, can somebody recommend good button covers for aim assiting a noob?
    dudeeile wrote: »
    Some say KontrolFreek, can't remember who! Picked up some last week. Actually changed out to Xbone thumbsticks and got KontrolFreeks over the top. Got a set each of low and high rise, should have splurged on a mid rise set while I was at it.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Sensitivity 5 with a Low (left) and Mid (right) set of Kontrol Freaks (given I don't snipe but use Scouts as my primaries, irrelevant maybe?)

I use the FPS Freek Galaxy from KontrolFreek. Left stick is MidRise and Right stick is HighRise. Sensitivity is 5.

Now, on the whole height thing and what they should be. I have big hands, so the higher sticks are really comfortable. For Me. They may not be for the smaller handed amongst us. Comfort is subjective, just like beauty, and my red controller with bright purple sticks is only gorgeous.

I use the FPS Freek Galaxy from KontrolFreek. Left stick is MidRise and Right stick is HighRise. Sensitivity is 5.

Now, on the whole height thing and what they should be. I have big hands, so the higher sticks are really comfortable. For Me. They may not be for the smaller handed amongst us. Comfort is subjective, just like beauty, and my red controller with bright purple sticks is only gorgeous.

Technically you're right, but for clarity I should mention that I refer to them differently than on the official website since on that only 1 set is "Low"

I call all the CQC ones "Low" and the High-Rise "Mid" since there are higher ones like the Snipers http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-sniprs.html/

So I've no realised I'm referring to them differently to others (according to the site I use Mediums and High-Rise too)

I use these one the Right
    http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-black-ops-3-reveal-edition.html/

And these on the left
    http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-cqc-signature.html/

I got a bundle similar to this since I have 2 pads and I wanted to try out different combos
    http://www.kontrolfreek.com/bundles/perfect-arsenal-black-ops-3.html

Best bet would be the Destiny set (this didn't exist when I put in my order)
    http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-galaxy.html/

BTW: if anyone wants the "Sniper" set I got, you're welcome to em, you know where to find me

Cormac... wrote:
    So I've no realised I'm referring to them differently to others (according to the site I use Mediums and High-Rise too)

I'm right there with you on the front/back room flippy nonsense!

• Advertisement

I'm right there with you on the front/back room flippy nonsense!

It's just Oryx side and Door side now, that was a good compromise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's just Oryx side and Door side now, that was a good compromise :)

But if you say Oryx left is that our left looking at him or his left looking at us? OH THE CONFUSION!?:confused::D

But if you say Oryx left is that our left looking at him or his left looking at us? OH THE CONFUSION!?:confused::D

Add in calling the totems at WP and I think we can call KF the backwards raid.

It helps if 2 or 3 people start shouting.

I dunno, I haven't done much KF recently.

Everything I have is 319+

If you get your Gold Package bounty down this weekend, it may be worth hanging onto it until after the update as your drops next Tuesday may be 320-335.

Now I cannot confirm 100% this will be the case, hell they could still be a measly 300.

But your reward is not predetermined at the point of completing the bounty (like it is when you are rewarded an Engram), it is determined when you turn it in.

Might be worth keeping a few of your faction ranks "edged" too for the same reason

If you get your Gold Package bounty down this weekend, it may be worth hanging onto it until after the update as your drops next Tuesday may be 320-335.

Now I cannot confirm 100% this will be the case, hell they could still be a measly 300.

But your reward is not predetermined at the point of completing the bounty (like it is when you are rewarded an Engram), it is determined when you turn it in.

Might be worth keeping a few of your faction ranks "edged" too for the same reason

Ah don't start this edging stuff again. :o

Cormac... wrote:

Pity you can't unequip your faction class item and stop rep altogether. One will always be moving

Pity you can't unequip your faction class item and stop rep altogether. One will always be moving

Yeah, I just meant like, yanno, if you have a character at almost the next rank and you have no need to use them like

Trials of Osiris was considerably easier in Firebase Delhi since it suited my Havoc Pigeon more than it did the Snipers :)

Wins Games Kills Assists Deaths K/d Ka/d Victory
    17 30 189 77 146 1.29 1.82 56.67%

This is good for me tbh

Cormac... wrote:
    Trials of Osiris was considerably easier in Firebase Delhi since it suited my Havoc Pigeon more than it did the Snipers

Thorn was an excellent choice!

• Advertisement

Thorn was an excellent choice!

It worked out a bit better the night before (we had done 9/10 games and wanted to go in using that instead for the laugh) and actually won.

Man I cannot shoot that f**king gun, i dunno is the range, or accuracy or stability.... but I can't hit jack with it

I'll probably keep doing that on games where we are just finishing Gold Tier bounties etc, it is a bit funny, especially with Firebolt grenades :P

Cormac... wrote:
    Man I cannot shoot that f**king gun, i dunno is the range, or accuracy or stability.... but I can't hit jack with it

I fell in love with it back when it was OP. I remember Cal suggesting turning off the controller vibration, which helped firing quickly and accurately by some margin. I've played ever since withr vibration turned off.

Did terrible myself this weekend. Have been playing the Division all week and my aim, game play was completely off.

That being said - I'll run through a card or 2 tonight if anyone is on?

That being said - I'll run through a card or 2 tonight if anyone is on?

I'd like to run Firebase Delphi proper yeah. If I'm on I'll run, and I promise to wait for you!! :p
    I had two games to play for my gold and ran them quick last night with Cormac and Mitch. Couldn't bloody resist and handed in the bounty, got a crappy 300 artifact. Not impressed.

Map just highlighted why revives are getting nerfed for me. We won 1 game where the other team had 17 revives, very tedious.

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4845474724

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4845607609

Just silly winning 5-4 with those kill tallies.

Map just highlighted why revives are getting nerfed for me. We won 1 game where the other team had 17 revives, very tedious.

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4845474724

http://destinytracker.com/dg/4845607609

Just silly winning 5-4 with those kill tallies.

but did you have someone hardscoped on the revive, rather than pushing in and looking to stop it in the first place?

From my two cards I didn't have a problem with revives, because we generally weren't the other side of the map (with a sniper) when we killed them - so we could push on the orb and keep the advantage.

Making revives harder and res-sniping easier was a stupid double nerf imo.

From my two cards I didn't have a problem with revives, because we generally weren't the other side of the map (with a sniper) when we killed them - so we could push on the orb and keep the advantage.

Yeah, but we were running 2 god-tier Havoc Pigeons...

Here is where we would say "Kappa Beta Delta Bro!" and jump up and bang chests and do a secret handshake and down a beer

but did you have someone hardscoped on the revive, rather than pushing in and looking to stop it in the first place?

Making revives harder and res-sniping easier was a stupid double nerf imo.

Not really. Look at our kills, not many sniper kills in there. I really don't get your logic, you should be punished for dying..

Not really. Look at our kills, not many sniper kills in there. I really don't get your logic, you should be punished for dying..

Of course you should be punished for dying. Currently it was 5 seconds, or 10 seconds, or 15. ANd there were 3 guns (I think) that could res snipe you.

Now it will be 7, 14 21 seconds - and you will have less health/armour when you are regened so it was what, 10, snipers that can dome you - while they have also made it harder to actually revive in the first place.

I don't see why they needed to make ALL those changes to a mode that was already painful on death/revive.

Longer to res.
    Harder to res.
    Easier to kill a person who has been res'd.
    Made more snipers more viable in PVP elimination.

• Advertisement

Of course you should be punished for dying. Currently it was 5 seconds, or 10 seconds, or 15. ANd there were 3 guns (I think) that could res snipe you.

Now it will be 7, 14 21 seconds - and you will have less health/armour when you are regened so it was what, 10, snipers that can dome you - while they have also made it harder to actually revive in the first place.

I don't see why they needed to make ALL those changes to a mode that was already painful on death/revive.

Longer to res.
    Harder to res.
    Easier to kill a person who has been res'd.
    Made more snipers more viable in PVP elimination.

I'm willing to bet that the result of these changes will be less revive snipes as teams now have more time and ability to push after making a kill. The reason for the revive sniping is because its too easy to res (4/5 seconds?), so if you kill somebody remotely far away, by the time you push they'll get the res and have 2 overshields. Now teams will be able to push after making a kill without as much risk, which is how it should be.

They've also nerfed snipers pretty hard with the scope changes.

I'm willing to bet that the result of these changes will be less revive snipes as teams now have more time and ability to push after making a kill. The reason for the revive sniping is because its too easy to res (4/5 seconds?), so if you kill somebody remotely far away, by the time you push they'll get the res and have 2 overshields. Now teams will be able to push after making a kill without as much risk, which is how it should be.

They've also nerfed snipers pretty hard with the scope changes.

But they could have done the changes to the timer without adding in 7 more snipers that can dome you on revive.

As for nerfing snipers pretty hard.....

1. You haven't played the new versions yet so you are basically guessing.
    2. they have tripled the amount that can re-snipe.
    3. they have removed Midas main counter to snipers.
    4. The fellas using snipers in the demo on Wednesday were getting plenty of close/medium range snipes in - so I'm not seeing Bungie themselves display any real change here.
    5. The changes to special ammo mean you will now spawn in with Sniper ammo.

144923-South-Park-guys-I-think-wed-be-UE5I.jpeg

But they could have done the changes to the timer without adding in 7 more snipers that can dome you on revive.

As for nerfing snipers pretty hard.....

1. You haven't played the new versions yet so you are basically guessing.
    2. they have tripled the amount that can re-snipe.
    3. they have removed Midas main counter to snipers.
    4. The fellas using snipers in the demo on Wednesday were getting plenty of close/medium range snipes in - so I'm not seeing Bungie themselves display any real change here.
    5. The changes to special ammo mean you will now spawn in with Sniper ammo.
    7 more snipers doesn't actually change who is revive sniping you, they had a sniper before, they still have a sniper now.

Adding zoom to scopes will make a noticeable difference, and that's not a guess as I've used mid range scopes and short range scopes a fair amount and it looks like short range scopes essentially won't exist anymore.

We'll have to wait and see until next Trials weekend but I'm fairly confident you'll see more teams pushing after a kill rather than waiting for a revive snipe.

Hitting up LFG for a Trials team is just grim...

Played a few cards last night and never really got to string a couple of wins together.

Yeah, had some f**king (i dunno) 12 year old previously talking a big talk about "Carrying" etc when it was Bannerfall and was ALL up in my headset about "Why are you using Jade Rabbit", I just didn't bother getting into it with him cause he was a dope. I got more kills than him and most of those kill were enemy snipers. The relief when that card was burned and he left was palpable. I mean I talk a lot but, but this dude would just not shut the hell up, even while dead

• Advertisement

Actually had a good run last night, have joined this PvP clan which has a chat full of trials players so is handy. I'm never really on after 10 on a weekday due to work so always miss you Chimp!

Also apologies for last night Generic, I invited you then a few minutes later found a Trials team then as we were starting you joined the party.

It's grand, I had VIPs to kill and was trying to be nice to herself so I could earn good will in advance of todays updates.

Lot's of active listening.

"Oh wow, she said that? And then what did you say?"

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Hitting up LFG for a Trials team is just grim...

Played a few cards last night and never really got to string a couple of wins together.

Yeah, it's hit and miss. When I group up with randoms I normally look for the relaxed/bounties run from /r/fireteams or destinylfg.net. Last night got a nice laid back group. We burned our mercy on the third game, got to 5-0, then lost the next one and won the following 3 to finish at 8-1. Called it quits there as everyone had completed the bounty at that stage.

I'm never really on after 10 on a weekday due to work so always miss you Chimp!

Will have to plan something in advance for next weekend, I'll get Mrs. Chimp to look after the wee one so I can get my MLG on.

Will have to plan something in advance for next weekend, I'll get Mrs. Chimp to look after the wee one so I can get my MLG on.

That'll be a borrowed MLG yeah? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement