Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trials of Osiris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

AdamD wrote: »
    My goal of DTR 50 has been hit by nobody I know actually playing anymore.

Give us a shout if you're stuck, wouldn't mind going for a few flawless attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Give us a shout if you're stuck, wouldn't mind going for a few flawless attempts.

Sure. Once I hit 50 I'll be far more laid back when it comes to who I play with, unfortunately atm if I lose one I think I have to win 7/8 just to break even on DTR, very frustrating. PS4 yeah?

Yup, just added you there! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was having a look at some Trials streams on Saturday night and started watching this guy.Watch the game at 2 hours and 2 mins in when it was 2v3. Some beautiful sniping.

http://www.twitch.tv/jscubby/v/48427619

Yup, just added you there! Cheers.

Was looking for you but think you were offline.

Successful night overall, played 9 won 9 and got my DTR from 49.70 to 49.84 (how ****ing grindy is this :pac:)

And an even bigger milestone; 50 flawless runs:

5ee21274fc8dec5da04957eb5c57f808.png

Interestingly, Warlock has lowest kd but highest win rate:

d599033e5766213fe7b7302e43f82424.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ Could be due to Self-Res?

I actually use Voidwalker most of the time, can never get the hang of Sunsinger despite it being considered the best class. Feels too clunky for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I actually use Voidwalker most of the time, can never get the hang of Sunsinger despite it being considered the best class. Feels too clunky for me

What site are you using for those stats?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What site are you using for those stats?

I don't remember the exact URL, but google destiny trials report and it should come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Mickeroo wrote:
    I don't remember the exact URL, but google destiny trials report and it should come up.

I assume I should play one match to produce this report???

• Advertisement

If you've played at all there will be a report for you. Its used to scout out your opponents while you're flying into the game. Gives good info on what classes they are/guns they're using/builds etc.

The 3 character report there is 'My Trials Report' which just gives a more in depth breakdown of 1 player.

8a7b9de83135a918997e95460a456c63.png

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

8a7b9de83135a918997e95460a456c63.png

Finally!

That's some going - fair play to you!

Anyone on for some Trials tonight? I'm usually on about 10:30.

Anyone on for some Trials tonight? I'm usually on about 10:30.

I'm all done on IB, I'd be up for some if you'll take a Trials noob for a few matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Where's Dr. Mantis? Did I see you up against Teawrex and Rebelize last night.

Sorry I missed you last night, I ended up going on earlier than planned. Nev, Tobes, and Toastor carried me through my first Trials. Got all bounties completed in an hour and a half. The carry was strong! I must say, I really enjoyed it though. Got all the bounties finished getting the Trials helmet for my warlock, a Jade Rabbit from silver and the water star hand cannon with range finder from gold package. Think I'd happily run each with if only to complete bounties and chase down the Doctrine.

No worries, got in a few games of IB anyway.
    Great rewards from the packages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I got a blue engram from my silver and 300 sunlit ghost from my gold packages -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I got a blue engram from my silver and 300 sunlit ghost from my gold packages -_-

I actually like that shell, wouldn't mind it at all. Got to 5-0 , but had forgot to change from titan, would have liked that helmet for the warlock.

• Advertisement

Anyone up for some Trials this weekend?
    I'll be online most evenings.

Anyone up for some Trials this weekend?
    I'll be online most evenings.

I'm up for it, another weekend of Doctrine hunting!!

Anyone up for a few casual rounds of Trials later? Assylum is a horrible map if that helps to sell it??

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

PetKing wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few casual rounds of Trials later? Assylum is a horrible map if that helps to sell it??

I'll be on Xbox just looking to do the bounties if anyone's on

This weeks Trials stats:

Wins|Games|Kills|Assists|Deaths|K/d|Ka/d|Victory
    5|13|89|20|68|1.31|1.60|38.46%

Not too bad on the K/D ratio, definitely seeing an improvement but still need to see an improvement in the Victory column :|

That's a very low w/l compared to k/d. Were you team mates letting you down or were you just not converting kills to wins?

There's not many people available for Trials - so experience levels on all sides are low enough (myself included). There's a few of us who get together each weekend to give it a run but we're still finding our legs.

It definitely took us about 5 or 6 games just to get our tactics down.
    For my own part, I've been playing a good bit of Rumble the past few weeks, concentrating on scoring kills and not giving away deaths - which I'm seeing the benefits of now.

That being said - we lost a couple of stupid games, I can think of 2 cases where we were stomping the opposing team and they came back from 4-2 to win.

Ahem.... There MAY have been 2 matches in a row where I scored no kills whatsoever :-(
    In my defence, I'm finding my feet in Trials having never played before, as Dudeeile says in OP, I'm finding my sense of adventure ;-), I'm more casual at the minute as I run for bounties, and also I BLOODY HATE ASSYLUM!!

Edit: Also I'm primarily running to get the Doctrine, secondly for the Inward Lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Saw a video of a youtuber carrying a six year old through trials recently. Meh, if he wanted a real challenge he could have tried carrying me some Saturday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

There's not many people available for Trials - so experience levels on all sides are low enough (myself included). There's a few of us who get together each weekend to give it a run but we're still finding our legs.

It definitely took us about 5 or 6 games just to get our tactics down.
    For my own part, I've been playing a good bit of Rumble the past few weeks, concentrating on scoring kills and not giving away deaths - which I'm seeing the benefits of now.

That being said - we lost a couple of stupid games, I can think of 2 cases where we were stomping the opposing team and they came back from 4-2 to win.

I'd love to get in and try Trials but would feel that I'd be letting the side down as I wouldn't be confidant enough. I am also trying to "git gud" playing some rumble but matches can be hit and miss for me.

Would need to get in with a team who aren't too pushed on getting to the lighthouse, but this is difficult.

I'm gonna keep on with Rumble and hopefully my game will improve enough to allow me into Trials.

Advertisement