Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Smoking through in the cup. That late Leic goal meant Simpson went from3 bonus to one...both had Adler. So meant I went through in the cup by 1 point...having slow season so nice when these things work out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Fowler87 wrote:
    Its more the captain fail again that I'm annoyed about. Its all relative though as the big hitters other than rooney maybe giroud didn't deliver either

The vast majority captained Aguero, KDB, Kane or Costa so you didn't lose any ground there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Payets goal puts me through 1-0 on goals scored after a 28-28 draw in the FPL cup :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

32 points. Payet with 11 of those. It's just one of those seasons. At least the next gameweek rolls around quickly and this one can be forgotten about just as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Got 45 - with Kolarov not playing, had Azpilicueta as 1st sub.

Still had Mahrez as captain, keep forgetting to change this. Pity I didn't think of Ayew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Haha, Southampton play West Brom at home next GW. Hello Berty+Targett double team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Haha, Southampton play West Brom at home next GW. Hello Berty+Targett double team :D

Seeing as WBA scored twice at Chelsea, I wouldn't be getting too carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

48 points thanks to Rooney and Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

26 -4 i think I've said Costa never again about 3 times now , one more week and thats it NEVER,EVER,EVER AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

skippy15 wrote: »
    Smoking through in the cup. That late Leic goal meant Simpson went from3 bonus to one...both had Adler. So meant I went through in the cup by 1 point...having slow season so nice when these things work out

Nice!

Which reminds me I should check how I'm doing, oh... yeah. "Failed to qualify for the cup". :o

Nice job Sagna on the 3bps. Fletcher and Simpson on the bench is annoying but standard so I'll gladly take 31 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

38 points....a decent haul seeing as Capt Kane blanked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Think I'll put the phone off and do the MOTD thing.

Later

Well that was decidedly not worth waiting up for. Meh with a capital M.

That stonewall penalty at the end of the City game woulda been huge for Aguero captainers given the pretty blanket captain fails.

34 thanks to Arnie and Payet. All others blanks. Got my lineup/bench spot on though :)

Just saw the pen that city had turned down. How was that not given.

Unbelievable. Potentially cost Aguero captainers what...12 to 14 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Top score 130 points...

Nice bench :)

Can we send a messenger to deepest darkest Donegal to spare FHFC the agony of MOTD.

I need to give somebody my mobile number right enough. :D Thats an hour and a half precious sleep i coulda saved. All these high scoring games then when my key men come on its 0-0 all day long. Not to mention Toby losing his clean sheet at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Now that's how you play a bench boost....
    The weekly high score of 130 points and 44 of those coming from his bench.

Jumped from 1.2m to 200k too.

He'll sleep well tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Unbelievable. Potentially cost Aguero captainers what...12 to 14 points.
    Don't forget that considering the weirdness of this season (and that's the first time I give in to it, so far I thought it was over emphasized but tonight with all the Butland & Ozil captainers getting away with murd genocide I have to admit it) he'd have probably missed it so we'd have a big fat 0 for our captain!

28 if there's no justice-for-Willian-to-lose-his-assist. Pure sh*te but everyone seems to be in the same boat so let's hold the head high and stick out the chest. My team is great and will perform. Patience and confidence are my best friends.
    After all, the Gallic rooster is my national emblem and as the popular saying goes we chose it because it's the only bird that keeps singing with his feet in the sh*t :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GW has updated iroced so no worries with Willian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Back in the top 1,000 in the world! Top 50 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

siblers wrote: »
    Back in the top 1,000 in the world! Top 50 in Ireland.

At least one of us is happy.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

GW rank of 3,578,763

I wonder who were the poor 67,845 souls that finished below me...

23, poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

25 points. GW rank of 3.1 million. Down to 105k from 79k.

Always look on the bright side though lads: I won my FSA Premier League tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Damn work kept me from my beloved FSA this week :(

Delighted with 45 and green arrows everywhere

I need to give somebody my mobile number right enough. :D Thats an hour and a half precious sleep i coulda saved. All these high scoring games then when my key men come on its 0-0 all day long. Not to mention Toby losing his clean sheet at the end.
    I did the same, the biggest anti-climax since the RWC quarter-final, i was laughing at the end things went so bad, still that's the way it goes and it is only a game after all, a very frustrating but fun one at that. Ended up with 22 points was genuinely hoping for the tonne. Great craic.

KevIRL wrote: »
    GW rank of 3,578,763

I wonder who were the poor 67,845 souls that finished below me...

And you with Rooney as captain as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

34 barely extends my green arrow run to four. Did the MOTD challenge for the first time and enjoyed it: wildly celebrated the Huth and Howson goals and was sweating bullets for Man City with no Kun. Of course they keep a cleanie when Kolarov is benched.
    Quite happy I held firm with Ramsey, I think he's a top option regardless of fixture. Spent most of the match assuming Ozil had taken that corner though ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

28 (-4). Fallen back to 64k. Let's never speak of GW21 again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tripled captained Aguero last night. Am I surprised that City had one of the most bale my penalties turned down costing me about 30 points?

Nope!

Got back about 8 of my 16 point hit thanks to Payet so am pretty pleased.

34 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Lemlin wrote: »
    25 points. GW rank of 3.1 million. Down to 105k from 79k.

Always look on the bright side though lads: I won my FSA Premier League tie!

The FSA Premier League is the main thing that is keeping me still interested this season! Despite my poor rank of just under 600K, I'm doing relatively ok in that league

Advertisement