Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

Finished on 36 with captain KDB being the wrong choice.

Up 8,000 places to 77,000.

The wildcard is going to be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

24 poxy points... that's correct, you didnt read that wrong... 24 points! Fuck off!!

The highest scoring players in my team (KDB & Mahrez) both got 3 points the rest is a dismal mess of 1 and 2 pointers!

Ugh...

At least i didnt use my WC i suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

27 (-4). Not good. Gone from 70k back to 108k.

Spent the past 10 GWs in between 120k and 70k. I'll have solid weeks and move up in 10k-20k spurts, get to 70k, have a shocker, and have to start all over again.

Thank god I didn't wildcard anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

41 after wildcarding with 16 points on the bench. (unlikely in Simpson & Fletcher)

After WC'ing back in Sep, it was the second week after where I benefitted so hoping it'll be the same this weekend !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That turned down Aguero penalty sums up a lot of people's seasons.

On a week when none of the other captain picks did anything, that should've been massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

22 drops me out of the top 100k to 101k for the first time since gw 7. Not too bothered that I've wildcarded I have my team the way I want it now. It was just one of those weeks when pretty much nobody delivered. Some weeks you wildcard you can get an instant boost other weeks you don't it's just luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

FHFC wrote: »
    Unbelievable. Potentially cost Aguero captainers what...12 to 14 points.

Knowing how this gameweek worked out, he probably would have missed the penalty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

First time this season in the 3 millionaires club.

It's definitely something we're doing wrong lads. How can a group of FPL heavyweights be SO wrong and everyone else SO right. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

53 points with Ramsey, Payet and Giroud doing the damage. That only is 275k for the week though, did a lot of people captain payet/rooney?
    And only moved me up from 350k to 220k

9 out of the last 12 have been red arrows, seeing me plummet from 20k so can't complain when its going in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

patmac wrote: »
    And you with Rooney as captain as well!

Changed to Defoe (TC) as it happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    53 points with Ramsey, Payet and Giroud doing the damage. That only is 275k for the week though, did a lot of people captain payet/rooney?
    And only moved me up from 350k to 220k

9 out of the last 12 have been red arrows, seeing me plummet from 20k so can't complain when its going in the right direction

All the zombie teams would have rooney captain. Rooney captain alone outscored my wildcard team by 8 points you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So my 28 pts brought me down 35k to 227k.

Again, as I mentioned last GW, only 7 pts below the overall average (and only 4 below top 10k average) and a bigger drop than the rise I got 2 GWs ago for a much bigger positive difference to the average (17 pts > OA & 5 > 10K was "only" a 25k climb from 200k). Weird :confused:...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

33k to 41k is worse than I expected with 32 (-4) :( Not good. 2 red arrows in a row now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

In tonight's edition of "Rotating Fullback Bingo":

- Angel Rangel who had seemingly nailed down the right back spot in recent weeks is benched in favour of Clickbait's very own favourite full back option to potentially represent Ireland, Kyle Naughton. This comes as a surprise especially as neither played in the FA cup.

- Ben Davies gets the start despite Danny Rose captaining the Spurs at the weekend. Exciting times in Prodston Towers.

- Aleks Kolorov falls foul of Clichy's return proving those who sold him months ago correct.

- MT 2.0, bargain buy and alround FSA legend Matty Targett starts as well as Bertrand.

- PVA has nailed his spot down seemingly and will look to score a thunderb@stard due to Mr.P ignoring his urge to bring him in.

That's all for this gameweek's editon of "Rotating Fullback Bingo". Please join us next gameweek exclusively live on the FSA network.

Always remember that a fullback isn't just for Christmas because they get rotated.

Goodnight!

*cue audience's rapturous applause*

Bloody hell it was a big night for the featured fullbacks. The least eventful was Ben Davies losing the clean sheet late on.

Having checked the viewing figures we had our highest performance of the season. Only coming second to "Captaining Keeper Capers" on rival network, Casual TV. A particularly harrowing episode featuring Jack Butland against what became a 10 man Norwich side falling to one time "Prodston Punt of the Month", Jonny Howson :)

(If any rich benefactor wants to create a tv station dedicated to FPL give me a call :cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Now at 1.2 million.

I'm not sure I could be doing this badly if I tried. Even with Yaya and Ramsey's season I was over a million places higher than this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I never should have pronounced that I had turned my season around.

Red arrows since then and now lingering around 470k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Up to 717k from 722 with 34. Its a pathetic green but its a green, and a third green a row after my disastrous run previously.

Won in the FSA Prem again too.

More sickened all the time about the Aguero non penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Everyone giving out about the Aguero penalty that wasn't given, the way things were going he was definitely going to miss wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Up to 717k from 722 with 34. Its a pathetic green but its a green, and a third green a row after my disastrous run previously.

Won in the FSA Prem again too.

More sickened all the time about the Aguero non penalty.
    I did not watch MOTD last night as it would have made my form worse due to this
    Would have made a MASSIVE difference in my league and rank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Did you all see the highest score from last night?

130 including bench boost.
    Bench included Defoe, PVA and Huth with captain Rooney and Giroud.

Almost 100 more than me....

Despite getting one point less than the average, I moved up 3k places from 125k to 122k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Did you all see the highest score from last night?

130 including bench boost.
    Bench included Defoe, PVA and Huth with captain Rooney and Giroud.

Almost 100 more than me....

Despite getting one point less than the average, I moved up 3k places from 125k to 122k

That was some scoring from his bench!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

In the overall top 50..

Noone got 60+
    Only 4 people got 50-60.
    18 getting 40-50.

A bad week by all, getting above average can be seen as having a good week.

Time to forget this GW and look forward to fixtures this weekend !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

15k back to 18k with 30. No harm done. Aguero in for Ighalo now. Sick of hiding behind the couch when he's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Little tumble to just about 470k. I know it's not like I watch football or have glorious insights or anything, but lord I've never done so bad. Even in my first season where I only made transfers every now and again. And like I go into each week thinking 'yep, solid team - this is the week it turns around' and it just doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Now at 1.2 million.

I'm not sure I could be doing this badly if I tried. Even with Yaya and Ramsey's season I was over a million places higher than this :o

Literally every SINGLE thing I do this year hasn't worked out. I can't for the life of me figure how I'm not getting more points. My team is probably the most standard, 'safe' team possible. I have most of the attacking usuals: Aguero, Lukaku, Ozil, KDB, Alli, Mahrez, Barkley (have now shifted him to Payet). In defence I have Walker, Bellerin, Dawson, Butland, Simpson.

It all seems really standard to me yet I've dropped slowly from 600k to 1.3m over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Little tumble to just about 470k. I know it's not like I watch football or have glorious insights or anything, but lord I've never done so bad. Even in my first season where I only made transfers every now and again. And like I go into each week thinking 'yep, solid team - this is the week it turns around' and it just doesn't happen.

That's me every week. Except I'm almost a million places lower than you.

Only 31 weeks til next season starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I reckon some GW1 teams around here would have done stupidly well this GW. I had Rooney(c) and Huth in defence, with Targett on the bench. I remember seeing Defoe in a few teams, too, and plenty had Giroud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I reckon some GW1 teams around here would have done stupidly well this GW. I had Rooney(c) and Huth in defence, with Targett on the bench. I remember seeing Defoe in a few teams, too, and plenty had Giroud.

Yeah, was reasonably happy with my 41pts, and then was looking through my main league and notice all these 'dead' teams with scores in the 60's and 70's, skill me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

38pts sees me rise about 700 places to 2.5k
    Only my second green arrow in 10 GWs!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Happy enough with a score of 34 and a rise to 21k, however my finn harps champs league opponent got 55 (-4) Big second leg required!!

Advertisement