Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car detailers/valetors list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

I'll have to send you a private message as I'd be breaking the forum rules if I was to discuss this any further on this post.

Your inbox is full also.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry about that, cleared it down, hopefully it's not breaking forum rules to request a PM? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Can anyone recommend a good car valet/detailer around Walkinstown/Crumlin/Ballymount? Would like to get the car done over the next week or so, and I work around that area. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Detailing Shed used provide a detailing and valeting service in Dublin but now only focus on products (good place to get a few things to keep on top of the job you get done) but the only ones I know of in Dublin now are Elite Auto Clean and Kingpin

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Thanks Metzger, going to orgainse something with Elite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Is Cleancar gone???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Autosport wrote: »
    Is Cleancar gone???

Cleancar has been gone quite a while now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

ne ever use Green Steam in Tallaght Square car park?

They have offers on Groupon this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I don't have the time to give the car a good detail for the winter hence can anyone recommend a good (preferably mobile)
    detailer in the Waterford City Area?.

(If person is mobile I can provide a large covered garage)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Jambo wrote: »
    I don't have the time to give the car a good detail for the winter hence can anyone recommend a good (preferably mobile)
    detailer in the Waterford City Area?.

(If person is mobile I can provide a large covered garage)

I am sure Larry from Cleancar is still doing the odd detail for people.
    Maybe contact him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Yeah, Larry has a FB page, Larry Keogh Detailing - based in New Ross.
    JAMES VTI S , who posted in post #32 is mobile, based in Limerick, but travels around quite a bit. Might be worth contacting him!

Anyone know if Detailing Shed are going to make a comeback when it comes to detailing services?

I believe they have no plans to resume Detailing Services, in the near future - but its something they would like to offer, if circumstances were to change!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Thanks guys will contact both guys as soon as I'm ready to press the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anybody use Elite?

Not used Elite's services, but I know Ian. Does very good work and is highly recommended by all who use him.

Ian is also very busy and even replied to me at nearly 3 in the morning as the was working through the night. I had sent him a message the previous evening around 8.

That's proof if ever there was any that he has so much work on and people trust him.

That and the fact that he literally has OCD. He finds it very hard to draw the line in the sand, and be happy that he's gone above and beyond what's expected...most detailers have this problem though!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I've just had my car done by Ian in Elite,his attention to detail is amazing and he went over and above what I was asking,as Curran says he really does find it hard to draw the line the ultimate perfectionist in any detail he takes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Curran wrote: »
    That and the fact that he literally has OCD. He finds it very hard to draw the line in the sand, and be happy that he's gone above and beyond what's expected...most detailers have this problem though!

I remember a time I brought my ST around to him for a simple wash and had recently enough pulled the Plastidip off the alloys. Had actually forgotten this fact when I dropped it off to him as there was no sign of it whatsoever on them at all. What I forgot was that I hadn't removed the wheels to remove the Plastidip, so there was still remnants of it on the barrel of the alloys inside each one.

Well, when I came back to him to pick up the car, he had spent a decent amount of time washing it, but had spent a considerable amount of time trying to wash/remove the dirt on the inside of the alloys and it had left him slightly confused as whatever he used on it wouldn't shift it. Was only then I realised the Plastidip would have been there and told him that, he wasn't best pleased but he took it well enough, haha. Felt bad for the amount of time he tried cleaning them but he wouldn't take any extra money off me for the hassle. Proper gent and someone I would trust me car with 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Anyone know someone good in Longford Town?

Cui bono?

What are you looking to get done exactly.

It's for my girlfriend's dad. It's a 2014 hatchback. Just looking for a wash using the proper method and then application of a good durable wax. Cheers.

Cui bono?

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    It's for my girlfriend's dad. It's a 2014 hatchback. Just looking for a wash using the proper method and then application of a good durable wax. Cheers.

Why don't you have a go at it?
    Wash
    detar
    Clay
    Wash
    Wax = Collinite 845

I would, only there is no driveway and everytime I'm in Longford it rains constantly!

Cui bono?

hoodie6029 wrote: »
    I would, only there is no driveway and everytime I'm in Longford it rains constantly!

Street Detailing can be interesting and amusing..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Can anyone recommend a good valet in the Kerry /West Cork /West limerick area but preferably kerry for a car with mould on the seats and in need of a comprehensive clean. This car had been parked up for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Mx valeting think he is from around Newcastle west.

Details are on first page or on Facebook you can see his wirk , I think he is a member here Jamie vtis I think his username is

☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hi, just looking to get my car a good clean. I've looked up elite as recommended here. I have a few slight marks from were I went too close to a hedge on the back roads. They are not deep by the looks of it. Would this come under the general exterior washes or the more expensive paint jobs. I'll post a picture in the morning. Also, looking at the website they look quite fancy. Will they look after my little fiesta :)

Advertisement