Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car detailers/valetors list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Looking to get a valet done in Galway city in the near future. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Limerick_MH

Recommendations in Limerick please for detailing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Mx valeting in Newcastle west but also mobile service .He is on here as Jamie vtis or on Facebook mxvaleting.
    You can see his quality of work on his page on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

crasy dash wrote: »
    Mx valeting in Newcastle west but also mobile service .He is on here as Jamie vtis or on Facebook mxvaleting.
    You can see his quality of work on his page on FB.

100% agree.
    James is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Altreab, I suggest checking out the lads in Liosban estate - Cool Waves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

Hi Guys,
    I was out of the car for about 2 months and it was left parked under a tree, the Bonet and roof have a brown substance of the paint that won’t come off with a jet wash, any ideas on how to get it shifted?

Thanks
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Gordy6040 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I was out of the car for about 2 months and it was left parked under a tree, the Bonet and roof have a brown substance of the paint that won’t come off with a jet wash, any ideas on how to get it shifted?

Thanks
    G

Will probably need to be de tarred clay bar and machine polished. Im no pro but tree sap can be hard to get off along with bird **** thats been left too long

Will probably need to be de tarred clay bar and machine polished. Im no pro but tree sap can be hard to get off along with bird **** thats been left too long

Mmm de tar I can do, I’ll have to get a clay bar though, thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Unlikely that it will need a machine polish.
    A pre wash with Citrus Pre Wash or All Purpose Cleaner (if you are limited) via pump sprayer if you have it. Power wash off. Wash car as normal, but do not try and scrub it off, anything that doesnt come off with a genle wipe will need further work. De-tar will help soften the tree sap. Re-wash. Clay the surface with a medium or heavy claybar, and this should take it off. Perhaps a hand polish if you are feeling up to it, and then protect with either a wax or sealant. Car will look better than it did before you parked it under the tree, and likely better than its looked for some time too! ;)

May want to consider a using the Citrus Pre Wash / APC, along with a brush to get into spots like around trim, window seals, etc, as these are likely to be pretty bad too.

Curran wrote: »
    Unlikely that it will need a machine polish.
    A pre wash with Citrus Pre Wash or All Purpose Cleaner (if you are limited) via pump sprayer if you have it. Power wash off. Wash car as normal, but do not try and scrub it off, anything that doesnt come off with a genle wipe will need further work. De-tar will help soften the tree sap. Re-wash. Clay the surface with a medium or heavy claybar, and this should take it off. Perhaps a hand polish if you are feeling up to it, and then protect with either a wax or sealant. Car will look better than it did before you parked it under the tree, and likely better than its looked for some time too! ;)

May want to consider a using the Citrus Pre Wash / APC, along with a brush to get into spots like around trim, window seals, etc, as these are likely to be pretty bad too.

Thanks, if only I knew where to get that stuff :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

All purpose cleaner, any shop will have as its used for cleaning around the house.

Cif,flash etc.

Lidl

a63806afa26db0e3cdf5d23118f09501.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just changed car, would like to get it cleaned properly. Anyone know of any offers currently running from the guys operating around Dublin?

What do you define as a good clean?
    An extensive valet - getting the interior wet vac'd, outside fairly presentable
    Gloss enhancement of the paintwork
    Or a return to the best condition possible

What do you define as a good clean?
    An extensive valet - getting the interior wet vac'd, outside fairly presentable
    Gloss enhancement of the paintwork
    Or a return to the best condition possible

I did leave myself open to that one to be fair. :o

Interior is in very good shape so not so worried about that. I'd like to get the exterior as clean and shiny as possible. I've noticed grime in nooks and crannys (under mirrors, under door sills, between panels etc.) that a car wash doesn't reach. I'd also like to get it waxed and polished. Window glass also needs to be cleaned and polished all round.

Make sense?

Looked at the Elite page. Thinking maybe the Elite Clean (€59) & maybe the Mini Interior Detail (€30) does most of what I'm after?

http://eliteautoclean.com/detailing-services/

It's a bit of a leap to the Single Stage Correction (€450).

Elite Auto Clean no longer offer services.

It sounds like you require something along the lines of a mini detail, but without the expense of a full detail. You might need to shop around with the detailers and see if you can get them to perform a half days work - but most dont like doing that unless its over a day, a day and a half of work.

PM me if you want further advice!

Elite Auto Clean no longer offer services.

It sounds like you require something along the lines of a mini detail, but without the expense of a full detail. You might need to shop around with the detailers and see if you can get them to perform a half days work - but most dont like doing that unless its over a day, a day and a half of work.

PM me if you want further advice!

Thanks for the heads up, I had sent them an email with no response.

Will PM you, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Are spirit detailing closed down now as well? It's saying permanently closed when i google them?

With elite and spirit gone, who is considered the best detailers left in Dublin for full detailing? leather interior, engine bay etc for upcoming car shows?
    ?

Skatedude wrote: »
    Are spirit detailing closed down now as well? It's saying permanently closed when i google them?

With elite and spirit gone, who is considered the best detailers left in Dublin for full detailing? leather interior, engine bay etc for upcoming car shows?
    ?

Look Spirit detailing up on facebok if you have an account.
    As far as I know he is still offering his services but not from his old place in Liexlip, He is hoping to be set up in a new premises soon enough.

Alternatively Detailing Shed on here offer super service as well, with having an excellent detailier doing the work.
    Give Curran a shout on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

vectra wrote: »
    Look Spirit detailing up on facebok if you have an account.
    As far as I know he is still offering his services but not from his old place in Liexlip, He is hoping to be set up in a new premises soon enough.

Alternatively Detailing Shed on here offer super service as well, with having an excellent detailier doing the work.
    Give Curran a shout on here.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

First post updated to remove Elite Auto Clean (no longer operating) and to include:

DUBLIN

D'Shed
    Unit 2 Porters Road
    Coolmine
    Dublin 15
    D15 P6DF

www.dshed.ie
    Dave
    Boards.ie Username: Curran

Detailing Shed (Products only)
    Coolmine
    Dublin 15

Steve
    www.detailingshed.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Have my 5 series booked in with D'Shed in May so will post up pictures once done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 porsche987

Any recommendations for detailing in the South Dublin area please.

Have my 5 series booked in with D'Shed in May so will post up pictures once done.

As promised - got the car done over the weekend and results far exceeded my expectations. The lads in D'Shed were an absolute pleasure to deal with and thought it was great value for money considering the time, effort and passion that goes into their work. Pics here:

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

Will definitely be back to them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

As promised - got the car done over the weekend and results far exceeded my expectations. The lads in D'Shed were an absolute pleasure to deal with and thought it was great value for money considering the time, effort and passion that goes into their work. Pics here:

I hope you don't mind me asking. Was this a 1 day job? How bad was the car before, if at all(exterior)?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

What job did you get done & how much?
    Was it full gold valet ?

I hope you don't mind me asking. Was this a 1 day job? How bad was the car before, if at all(exterior)?

Car was in decent shape beforehand and this was a 2 day job - 1.5 days on 2 stage polish and 0.5 day on interior.

peaceboi wrote: »
    What job did you get done & how much?
    Was it full gold valet ?

2 day detail, prices on on D'Shed website.

This wasn't a valet it was a professional detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That looks very impressive, depending on how broke I am after getting my wheels refurbished (which is definitely happening next month!!) getting an interior detail is my next job! I think I know where I'm taking it now!

One thing I noted MM is the address for D&D in Cork is incorrect, their address is actually:

6, Westlink Business Park, Mallow Rd, Cork.

As well as the mobile, the lads can also be contacted on 021 456 4984.

Every time I'm down in Cork I always make sure I get the car brought up to them to wash it because my car always shines like a new car after they're finished with it! I highly recommend them for anyone down that neck of the woods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Just bought a car that stinks of cigars, any recommend a good mobile valet in the Dublin area please. Interior of car only required

thanks

Advertisement