Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car detailers/valetors list

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

If you could wash scratches out of paintwork you'd have no need for detailers :D

That will need a light enhancement using a polishing machine and polish. The ones you see in Argos wouldn't be up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

How much are we talking do you reckon? I know a simple wash won't do it but is there no intermediate wash, scrub, wax polish job. They seems light enough marks.

You could use AutoGlym Super Resin Polish to fill them but that only lasts 2-3 washes before it has to be redone. I can't tell you exactly how much you'll pay because you will probably need to have the whole side of the car polished in order to make it blend in. Otherwise you'll have a lovely shiny line going down the length of the car.

Without pics I can't really say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks. I'll try get some pics up early in the morning. I'd rather let someone who knows what they are doing tackle it than having a go myself. I'd probably make it looks worse somehow

Ian in Elite Auto Clean would be the best option for you. Nearly next door to you in Orion Business Park in Blanchardstown. Detailing SHed is upstairs too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Hi. I'll be in Galway City for the weekend and could really do getting the car washed (2BM) and probably a clean inside. Anyone recommend somebody in the city centre? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

Looking for a good valet for a wedding in a few weeks around the Thurles area. Don't mind travelling a bit of distance for a good job! Seats and carpet definitely need a good clean as I had a bad spill last month! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

pedatron wrote: »
    Looking for a good valet for a wedding in a few weeks around the Thurles area. Don't mind travelling a bit of distance for a good job! Seats and carpet definitely need a good clean as I had a bad spill last month! Thanks

James at MX Valeting

He does a mobile service and covers your area as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭pedatron

vectra wrote:

vectra wrote:
    James at

vectra wrote:
    James at

vectra wrote:

I got sorted thanks a million ventra! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Myles45

Anyone recommend a valeter round Mayo/Sligo area. Looking for show spec finish including compound + polish n wax etc. & full cab interior clean for custom VWT5 Transporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone in Laois area that comes recommended?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Myles45 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a valeter round Mayo/Sligo area. Looking for show spec finish including compound + polish n wax etc. & full cab interior clean for custom VWT5 Transporter.

I don't know about show spec finish, but I found the guy who is set up in the multi-story car park in Castlebar pretty good for a valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Myles45

Trojan wrote: »
    I don't know about show spec finish, but I found the guy who is set up in the multi-story car park in Castlebar pretty good for a valet.

Thanks Trojan. I'm really looking for someone mobile now to be honest as I'm running short of time to get it done before next Wednesday. Doesn't seem to be anybody covering this area though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 thames582

Anyone use cleanmycar.ie for detailing/paint correction? Any feedback would great.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dzwx

Rob from Mac Led Auto Detailing, can't post a link as per rules, just google him
    he is based on ncd

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mareks1234

Hi everyone! am new to car detailing business and i am planning to open my own place. I have done few cars and owners was very impressed. at the moment doing it on my driveway as i am saving money for garage and proper equipment. So if anyone would be interested and test what i can do let me know. I am easy going lad and i do take pride in my job.I am based in Claremorris Co Mayo
    P.S if you would like to see pic of my end work send me your email and i take care of it.Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi, I'm hoping to get my car valeted/detailed. It's never been done before and I think it needs it now.

Any recommendations for Dublin?

It's only a Ford Fiesta. I always feel a bit silly when I see the websites of these places with super cars on them. Do people get normal cars detailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Wheety wrote: »
    Hi, I'm hoping to get my car valeted/detailed. It's never been done before and I think it needs it now.

Any recommendations for Dublin?

It's only a Ford Fiesta. I always feel a bit silly when I see the websites of these places with super cars on them. Do people get normal cars detailed?

A mans car is his pride and joy.
    Be it a fiesta or a Bentley

Realistaclly though.
    How much do you want to spend on it as there is a vast difference between valeting and detailing. As is theeir a big price difference.
    Would you consider buying the products and doing it yourself over a couple of weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

DUBLIN

Elite Auto Clean

Ian - 085/2099630
    www.eliteautoclean.com

The above number for Ian seems defunct, and got no response from the online form..
    Have they gone out of business?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

No, they are very much still in business.

You should be able to get Ian on; o85144oo96, alternatively, you'll get an answer reply on email / FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Curran wrote: »
    No, they are very much still in business.

You should be able to get Ian on; o85144oo96, alternatively, you'll get an answer reply on email / FB

Cheers Dave, will try that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hi guys, looking for a recommendation for a good inside clean and outside shine in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

D+d detailing are in cork or Foxhole Norman on here I know Norman started a new job lately so he might be busy with that worth a pm to him to ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Foxhole Norman has started a new job with D&D ;)
    There is also AlphaSud

No experience with either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Curran wrote: »
    Foxhole Norman has started a new job with D&D ;)
    There is also AlphaSud

No experience with either!

Having worked with AlphaSud and now with D&D, go to AlphaSud if you want your car cleaned, D&D if you want it detailed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Having worked with AlphaSud and now with D&D, go to AlphaSud if you want your car cleaned, D&D if you want it detailed ;)

You "cleaned" my wheels.

Might need a detail sometime soon :D

mikeecho wrote: »
    You "cleaned" my wheels.

Might need a detail sometime soon :D

You'll have the refresh my memory :pac: only set I remember detailing for them was the F10 wheels? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

You'll have the refresh my memory :pac: only set I remember detailing for them was the F10 wheels? :o

A guy who's f01 is featured on d&d, recently asked how I kept my rims so clean.

I told him that norman does a great rim job :D:D

mikeecho wrote: »
    A guy who's f01 is featured on d&d, recently asked how I kept my rims so clean.

I told him that norman does a great rim job :D:D

Finest rimjob in Cork :pac:

• Advertisement

Finest rimjob in Cork :pac:

That's not in the least bit surprising :pac:

Advertisement