Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Takeaway in Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Back home for a visit and would like a recommendation for Chinese for a takeaway?
    I used to always get Chinatown but it seems pretty average these days from word of mouth,any newcomers leading the way instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Gregsor wrote: »
    Back home for a visit and would like a recommendation for Chinese for a takeaway?
    I used to always get Chinatown but it seems pretty average these days from word of mouth,any newcomers leading the way instead?
    Had a few from famous over the past few months. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Thanks,been coming across Annadale cottage alot on a search with mostly positives for it,i've eaten in house before and loved it,wondering if they deliver..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭monty_python

Thanks,been coming across Annadale cottage alot on a search with mostly positives for it,i've eaten in house before and loved it,wondering if they deliver..

I don't think they do but they do take outs

I see the superquinn cafe is gone, hadnt got a hope really with Starbucks there.

Signs up on the walls in Superquinn where the cafe was, they are putting in a Kays!

• Advertisement

Also, as it's a take away question, are Carry Out off licence at the Penny Hill still doing deliveries?

Also, as it's a take away question, are Carry Out off licence at the Penny Hill still doing deliveries?

It was "members only" last time I rang but that was years and years ago

It was "members only" last time I rang but that was years and years ago

Did that a long time ago. I was wondering now that it's a Carry Out branch now are they still doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone know is Chinahouse under new ownership?? Didn't they close off the restaurant? I was in there for a takeaway a couple of weeks back and they seemed to be doing works, the food wasn't up to the normal decenet calibre, anyone else find its gone downhill or is it still the same crowd running it and I just got them on a bad day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Anyone know is Chinahouse under new ownership?? Didn't they close off the restaurant? I was in there for a takeaway a couple of weeks back and they seemed to be doing works, the food wasn't up to the normal decenet calibre, anyone else find its gone downhill or is it still the same crowd running it and I just got them on a bad day?

Something has changed there, as they were a mess at the tills taking the orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Broadsider

I've had a takeaway from there recently , was not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Looks like Mao at Home is very close to opening.....signage up on shop front

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Looks like Mao at Home is very close to opening.....signage up on shop front

Opening in Clondalkin also

Anyone eaten in Changs Chinese opposite the topaz station in Lucan?
    The takeaway menu looks really good, and no MSG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Broadsider wrote: »
    Anyone eaten in Changs Chinese opposite the topaz station in Lucan?
    The takeaway menu looks really good, and no MSG!!

Only once as the messed up my order. Standard Chinese takeaway stuff I thought. Nowhere near mango tree standard. Looking forward to Mao now

Anyone tried Mao yet?

Had a Changs last week, a good mix of everything, I liked it, and impressed at good flavours despite no MSG.
    Funny tho, they also messed up my order, but we're at pains to rectify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Got food from roma last night, its gone downhill so much.

Can't believe there is no decent chipper in lucan

Tried the Mexican in lexlip on Monday and was disappointed. The nachos where very bland

Got food from roma last night, its gone downhill so much.

Can't believe there is no decent chipper in lucan

Tried the Roma in Newcastle about a month ago and was very poor I thought. 9th locke is best option around for chips I think

• Advertisement

Anyone tried Mao yet?

Not open for business until tomorrow

Anyone tried Mao yet?

Just had a takeaway (Hong Kong Chicken with jasmine rice) from Mao and it was top notch. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Must try them soon and report back. My only recent experience with Mao was in Dundrum (sit in) where I had a chicken satay starter (excellent) and a pad thai main (mediocre)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

any opening offers from Mao

any opening offers from Mao

Nothing that I could see when I called in. They have a loyalty card, collect one stamp for every lunch bought......free lunch when 10 stamps collected.....and they're not opened for lunch yet :pac:

Their home delivery starts on 14th Dec, only pick up from store at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Just had a takeaway (Hong Kong Chicken with jasmine rice) from Mao and it was top notch. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

How would you compare them to Mango Tree? I'm tempted to get something from them tonight.

Heroditas wrote: »
    How would you compare them to Mango Tree? I'm tempted to get something from them tonight.

I'd much prefer Mao, I haven't found Mango Tree to be anything special tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Got a meal from Mao last night. Tasty, but was €34.85 for 2 starters and 2 mains so very expensive for what it is. Also, portions were not huge. We usually get the 2 starters and 2 mains deal from Mango Tree for €24 and keep one main for the following day. Won't be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Got a meal from Mao last night. Tasty, but was €34.85 for 2 starters and 2 mains so very expensive for what it is. Also, portions were not huge. We usually get the 2 starters and 2 mains deal from Mango Tree for €24 and keep one main for the following day. Won't be going back.

I thought the same regarding price as well. It was pandemonium up there last Friday evening.
    Thought the starter was just alright and the main course that I normally order is far nicer in Mango Tree. My wife preferred her main course to Mango Tree's though.
    We both agreed that based on price and overall quality, we'll stick with Mango Tree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Got a meal from Mao last night. Tasty, but was €34.85 for 2 starters and 2 mains so very expensive for what it is. Also, portions were not huge.

That's a lot if you compare it to their early bird (sit in) menu which would only be a fiver more for two

As a comparison, Kasturi (Indian) have 10% off if you collect. For your €35 spent there after discount, you'd feed 4 people

Advertisement