Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Spent the morning getting everything fixed that broke over the weekend, door of cubicle shed fell off last night, switch was gone on compressor for feeders, valve on scraper motor gone, gate at back of milking parlour broke and digger wouldnt start. That was on top of cow dying with tetany. Was 4 lads here at one stage this morning-including ai man:)
    Jaysus, Whelan2....

STEP AWAY FROM THE FARMYARD

It doesn't seem to be agreeing with you today, had one of those last week but they don't come round too often, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,216 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Jaysus, Whelan2....

STEP AWAY FROM THE FARMYARD

It doesn't seem to be agreeing with you today, had one of those last week but they don't come round too often, thankfully.
    The bully cows that normally are first out of the shed couldnt understand that they had to go out a different gate this morning. Anyways heading away for a few days in a few weeks so anytime anything is going wrong I think of that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Has any one seen Reggie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Odelay

naughto wrote: »
    Has any one seen Reggie

I think he's gone commando what with the goings on in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Odelay wrote: »
    I think he's gone commando what with the goings on in Europe.

How will losing the jocks stop ISIS?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

How will losing the jocks stop ISIS?

Genghis Khan managed it fairly well on his travels :D

In other Kovu news.....

rNuopmXl.jpg

Kovu wrote: »

In other Kovu news.....

rNuopmXl.jpg
    how many days is she over now? One of those moo call sensors would be handy for her

how many days is she over now? One of those moo call sensors would be handy for her

298, was due 30th Oct. Very odd for a heifer, aptly named heifer too :pac: I can't justify the cost of a moocall sensor just yet, maybe get one for Dad for Christmas.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

You're welcome :-)

You're welcome :-)

I knew well that'd bring you out of the woodwork!

• Advertisement

298, was due 30th Oct. Very odd for a heifer, aptly named heifer too :pac: I can't justify the cost of a moocall sensor just yet, maybe get one for Dad for Christmas.
    hope she's calved by then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Had a few sim Incalf to BA last year that went to 300. She looks to be sprung into her spins, she'll go in the next 24hrs :-)

hope she's calved by then ;)

Me too, unless she does a mare and carries 11 months :D
    Had a few sim Incalf to BA last year that went to 300. She looks to be sprung into her spins, she'll go in the next 24hrs :-)

Been stuck like that for two days now, hence my impatience, lesson learned....don't cross a blonde with a lim unless you have patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

What's the betting she came again, probably tipped by a friesian rig.........

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    What's the betting she came again, probably tipped by a friesian rig.........

Be hard pressed to find any bull round here in Feb, especially as she was in the shed :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Tomorrows food - BBC1 now on. Worth a look.
    Robots, making rain etc.

Me too, unless she does a mare and carries 11 months :D

Been stuck like that for two days now, hence my impatience, lesson learned....don't cross a blonde with a lim unless you have patience!
    Kovu will be saying thats a horse of a calf

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Tomorrows food - BBC1 now on. Worth a look.
    Robots, making rain etc.

Our bull would have a field day with that robot for bringing in the cows from the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Our bull would have a field day with that robot for bringing in the cows from the field.

The sprayer was very good. Is that on every week it's very good to be fair.

Kovu will be saying thats a horse of a calf

I've a feckin neighbour ringing twice a day to see if she's calved yet. Feel like telling him to go and watch his own heifers that I'm usually calving for him!

• Advertisement

That's 1st episode of three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭BG2.0

What was the sprayer? Watched about 30secs in Chinese robot restaurant, was enough...

BG2.0 wrote: »
    What was the sprayer? Watched about 30secs in Chinese robot restaurant, was enough...

It was a robotic sprayer that goes down tramlines in field crops and identifies weeds in crops and sprays just on the weed. It was a small prototype sprayer.
    It had a camera and could identify weeds different from crop.

Best at the end - one plant tomatoes above ground potatoes below ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Be hard pressed to find any bull round here in Feb, especially as she was in the shed :p

Perhaps your AI man used one of those new slow release straws? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭BG2.0

It was a robotic sprayer that goes down tramlines in field crops and identifies weeds in crops and sprays just on the weed. It was a small prototype sprayer.
    It had a camera and could identify weeds different from crop.

Best at the end - one plant tomatoes above ground potatoes below ground.

Ahhh 'they're' finally getting closer to going commercial. The tech has been there with interow hoes and ultra high def cameras but was a bit unrefined. Does it go by light refraction/reflection?! from the various leaves or actual software that could say Hey! That's not wheat?! Did they mention? GG1 has a link somewhere to a very early system in oz killing green weed on brown soil background

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Perhaps your AI man used one of those new slow release straws? :D

I am definitely going to spread that as a rumour :D

Panda says hello. As she tries to multitask eating my phone and looking for scratches.
    URL8PnLl.jpg?1

BG2.0 wrote: »
    Ahhh 'they're' finally getting closer to going commercial. The tech has been there with interow hoes and ultra high def cameras but was a bit unrefined. Does it go by light refraction/reflection?! from the various leaves or actual software that could say Hey! That's not wheat?! Did they mention? GG1 has a link somewhere to a very early system in oz killing green weed on brown soil background

This was in oz as well. Not sure of software, it didn't go into that. But it showed it going into a crop (don't ask me what it was) and it was able to identify weeds and spray a directed shot of spray just on the weed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Suckler

Not quite the agriculture we're all used to dealing with but this is something that I'd be very worried about if I was in the fishing game! Not too informed on fish quota's etc. but the quota numbers they talk about are scary compared to what this vessel was permitted.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/worlds-second-largest-supertrawler-enters-irish-waters-30058458.html

Suckler wrote: »
    Not quite the agriculture we're all used to dealing with but this is something that I'd be very worried about if I was in the fishing game! Not too informed on fish quota's etc. but the quota numbers they talk about are scary compared to what this vessel was permitted.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/worlds-second-largest-supertrawler-enters-irish-waters-30058458.html

There's some big foreign trawlers there already.
    A good site to track ships and the marine rescue helicopter is http://www.marinetraffic.com/

• Advertisement

Kovu, did she calve?
    Did she calve?
    Did she calve?
    Did she calve?
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement